Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 8, 2014 5:18 PM
Nov 2014
welp I didn't really expect that, big shock effect on me. My eyes just shot wide open and I was like wut. I'm a big fan of stories that kill off big characters or people you grow to like, I feel like most people are too scared to kill off their characters.
Nov 12, 2014 3:07 AM

Jun 2011
This is what you get when you talk so much, and not do much. I don't know from where this Teresa's "I don't wanna kill fellow claymore" character development came from, when she had no problem off-ing the no-names before. Seems rather unnecessary to me. I don't even know what her "you can keep coming for me but I will fend you guys off the next time too" mean, like, what the fuck why would you want others to disrupt your fucking peace, fully knowing that Priscilla might just be stronger than her the next time they meet. Wut? I don't like that sort of development, I think it's badly written.

If there was months of time skip between episode 6 and 7, then my problem is void, but, I don't know, it wasn't mentioned, and more importantly, it wasn't shown, and we're supposed to eat that "development" up?

I will give the twist credit tho, would not have thought that Priscilla would go over to the other side, it makes things more interesting. I hope her backstory isn't real, it's so cringe-worthy.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 2, 2015 10:02 PM

Jun 2014
Horrible Episode !

Teresa Best Girl T.T
Feb 10, 2015 8:39 PM

Mar 2014
Naw fuck that did she just did she just… words cannot explain
aside from my favourite character dying that was a good completely unexpected episode all of them to get taken out by priscella (ns how u spell that and don't wanna check) was not how i saw this episode going down
Mar 25, 2015 5:32 PM

Dec 2014
TERESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCK!!!!!!!
Love... hurts... so...
Apr 22, 2015 4:57 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Devil-Priscilla looking freaking awesome
But why did Teresa have to die ... Hope Priscilla will pay for it >.<

Aug 2, 2015 5:36 PM

Mar 2014
WTF just happened. Took me by surprise.
Feb 9, 2016 3:59 PM

Feb 2015
Aw crap, I knew it... she let her guard down.

It's been a very long time since I've been shocked and had my jaw dropped for a while by anything in an anime... or movie even.

Damn I'm soo pissed and depressed... at the same time, curious about what ever Priscilla transformed into.
Feb 21, 2016 11:43 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, fuck that was merciless. Holy fuck...felt like my heart got torn out when Teresa died. I'm even more sad for Clare. Dammit and I was starting to like them all too...
May 22, 2016 3:31 AM
May 2015
Teresa why ;-; god damn she was the best of them all...
Aug 9, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
Aargh the hate I had for Priscilla is coming back to me now!!!!
Sep 27, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2008
This episode gets me every time, Priscilla you fucking bitch!!!
Sep 30, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
I-... I just dont even what to say.
This is one of the most exciting episodes I've seen in anime.
I actually felt sad for Priscilla when she asked for help from Teresa.
And then BAMMM ... she's decapitated :(
Priscilla has ascended into an "Awakened Being"

Just ... holy hell, poor Clare seeing all that happen.

iDensity said:
It's been a very long time since I've been shocked and had my jaw dropped for a while by anything in an anime... or movie even.

Exactly right, I think the last time was with some One Punch Man and Madoka (fight in one of the films)
Dec 29, 2016 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
This entire flashback arc (I'm assuming we return to present day Clare after this episode anyway) was really strong, and had much better writing on display than the present-day episodes leading up to it (even though I enjoyed those too, in all their simple, hot-warrior-women action glory).

Theresa's entire character and death was really effective in the most simple way: Establish character flaw - develop character boon - have both the flaw and the boon contribute to the death, making the audience feel a little guilty for supporting the attribute of the character that got them killed. The audience is (or at least I was) rooting for Theresa to become more empathetic, emotional, and merciful. Which is what she became. Then that, and the arrogance she displayed since her introduction, both directly lead to her death during her fight with the four Claymores. Having a character that is so OP in the action department of the show die due to emotional flaws is a great way to believably write off a character without suddenly worfing them.

I'm not saying this show suddenly became a bastion of great writing or anything, but I thought it was extremely effective. I hope the rest of the show can occasionally surprise me like this from time to time.
"It is not society that determines people's futures. It is people who determine society's future."

Feb 8, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2016
Jesus Christ!!!
That was a dirty ass trick.. damn Priscilla.
May Teresa rest in peace, she was the best character and Claymore.
Mar 18, 2017 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
Saw Theresa dying a mile away but.... that was.... rip T_Y

Mar 30, 2017 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
I hate Priscilla so much after this episode.
She should have listened to Teresa when she said she should turn back, but no she just kept getting salty, goes over her limit then begs to be turned back to a human. Stupid.
Then when she kept saying she wants to eat guts and people's organs and didn't go after Clare..? Lol.
Teresa :'( dammit. I feel sorry for Clare now.
Mar 31, 2017 1:51 PM
Jan 2017
Yuichiro said:
I hate Priscilla so much after this episode.
She should have listened to Teresa when she said she should turn back, but no she just kept getting salty, goes over her limit then begs to be turned back to a human. Stupid.
Then when she kept saying she wants to eat guts and people's organs and didn't go after Clare..? Lol.
Teresa :'( dammit. I feel sorry for Clare now.

Let me lighten your mood, Revenge will be served with a faint smile ;)
Apr 1, 2017 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
PK9 said:
Let me lighten your mood, Revenge will be served with a faint smile ;)

Sounds promising!
Apr 12, 2017 9:12 PM

Mar 2012
priscila is much prettier in her kakuseisha (or sensha?) form than as a claymore...

i knew this was coming, so i wasn't really surprised. and i think it is good writing killing off everyone's favourite character (and mine too) to tell the story. but i have only one problem with all this. i don't like clare. and raki. god, i hate raki. kjhslgiuaheiurgha i don't want to go back to them for the rest of the episodes.
Jun 18, 2017 3:14 AM

Dec 2015
Wow....I was sure Teresa would die, but not like this....
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 18, 2017 11:54 AM
Jan 2017
joe_g7 said:
Wow....I was sure Teresa would die, but not like this....
Teresa is the soul of the story :)
What's truly remarkable is how yagi managed to craft such an amazing character within just 4 episodes.Boi was i depressed seeing her die :(.She has been my fav char ever since.
Aug 4, 2017 9:24 AM
Aug 2012
Wow, this anime is such a hidden gem. This episode gave me Attack on Titan feelings.
Aug 19, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
This show just keeps getting and better with every episde.

And what a backstory this has been for Clare, I'm gonna miss seeing her hanging out with Teresa.

Aug 26, 2017 2:05 PM

May 2016
That was unpredictable and curse that bitch I hate those who get eaten by their self
Claimed justice and turning into a devil.
Jan 29, 2018 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
We now know Clare's reason for becoming a Claymore, she wants to kill that bitch.
Nov 9, 2018 4:06 AM

Sep 2015
I knew this wasn't going to be a happy story from the get-go but during these last few episodes I just forgot that because of the atmosphere.
Fuck. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I really came to like Teresa..

Totally caught me off-guard. Normally I should've seen that coming. FUCK.
Nov 20, 2018 5:33 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, this was absolutely crazy.

I thought the scene where Priscilla begged for her life was genuinely disturbing and I pitied her.

What came afterwards totally caught me off guard, even tho I knew that Teresa had to die at some point, but not in that fashion.

Probably one of the most shocking moments I've seen in a good while.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 9:34 PM
Nov 2018
Yeah...the execution caught me off guard. After she had defeated them so easily too...

Damn. Teresa was a cool ass character. Way better than Clare or anyone else in the show. Gonna have a hard time motivating myself to keep watching.
Nov 13, 2019 11:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy fudge, this was so darn glorious on so many levels!

Obvious that Teresa was going to meet her end but for a second, I'd that glimmering hope that maybe not but then Priscilla pulled off that 360. Judging by how Priscilla's conscious returned back, I've a feeling she set this up from somewhere along the fight. Didn't like her from the get-go but I despise her even more now. Claire's final moment there seriously hurt.

Looks like the Organisation underestimated Teresa too, and thus as a result have lost all of their top 5. As if there weren't enough Yomu to deal with. From Justice to Evil in a moment's notice, way to go little girl.

Really enjoyed the stark difference between the first and second here though. I remember seeing a show with a very similar kind of plot, 2nd vs 1st but far too big a difference only managed to overcome due to the 1st losing that killer intent, and I just love these! Wonderful depiction of this, yet again!

Hats off to the glorious assist from the Sound Department though, and the action choreography for the past two episodes were incredible to boot. Stunning stuff, can't wait to see what life is like in the present time.

RIP Theresa! Easily my favourite character of the show thus far! Why is it always these best characters that have to die? Kusou!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 27, 2020 12:46 PM

May 2017
the action feels super bland because of how limited the animation is.. this show could have been a good watch with good action animation but it is fine either way
Jun 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Feb 2017
Wooooow that end was really unexpected :000
Jun 25, 2020 7:54 PM
Oct 2019
Teresa v. Priscilla omg
Dec 2, 2020 5:42 PM

Aug 2018
Whelp that qualified as a pretty unhappy tale.
Mar 29, 2021 2:27 AM
Jul 2017
WOW
My jaw dropped like I don't know what I was expecting since Teresa isn't the main character but damn the writing was gooood! What a great final boss backstory.
May 25, 2021 10:11 AM
Jul 2017
If the intent was to make me hate Priscilla it's successful, but I also hated this episode to on my rewatch. I just rewatched the 7th and 8th episode. the 8th was really cringe.

Hell with Teresa having mercy on someone like her, a malformed body, crying out nonsensical stuff it's so clear that she's done for already and then Teresa turnes of her yoki before being beheaded, done very dirty. Also it's nonsense that Priscilla doesn't eat Clare, because she's the main character, what a plot armor. I think the director is at fault with the directing too.

I was considering to read the manga but I have big doubts about it now, I can not accept this idiotic writing, killing Teresa in a nonsensical way, and then Noel and Sofia attacking something clearly they have no chance going against. Well this episode is just shounen trash like the ending of AoT, you know it's meant for 14 years old, and tashikani I only disliked back then when I was younger how idiotically Teresa was behaeaded, could not see the other cringe. Anyways, I'm done with the Claymore anime, I'll look for it if it's worth reading the manga.
RekuiemuMay 25, 2021 10:28 AM
May 27, 2021 8:33 PM
Nov 2016
Rekuiemu said:
Also it's nonsense that Priscilla doesn't eat Clare, because she's the main character, what a plot armor. I think the director is at fault with the directing too.

Actually, this is explained in the manga and could have been explained in the anime if season 2 (or 3) existed.

Priscilla didn't eat Clare at that time because:

When I first watched Claymore in 2007 I fell in love with this anime, it was pretty damn good, recently I've re-watched Claymore and it was as good as I remember it to be, it had a really good beginning and a really good middle, however, this time I've found the ending extremely weak and lazy.

So my only complaint about Claymore now is the last 2 or 3 episodes, they were bad, everything else was awesome in it. I still freaking love the beginning and the middle, they were consistently good and I have no problem with episode 8. I can make the argument that Teresa simply changed because of Clare and because of that she didn't want to kill Priscilla and even let her guard down, it was still a dumb move sure but I can make excuses for it, this scene didn't ruin my experience, I still get teary eyes when I see that scene all the time.
xZabuzaxJul 19, 2023 7:21 PM
Aug 12, 2021 4:08 AM

Jan 2020
Oh wow how the tables have turned on them... I guess Priscilla was hiding her power when she begs for mercy and Teresa didn't realized how far the gap of power between them already gone...
Aug 12, 2021 4:09 AM

Jan 2020
I knew it the moment Teresa is dead, the rest of them are going to follow suit except Clare ofc
Aug 12, 2021 4:12 AM

Jan 2020
I'd be lying if I say that Teresa's death doesn't annoy me, sigh....if only Teresa prepared a little bit more of her Yoma power....Imagine Teresa at 100% yoma power....
May 3, 2022 4:04 PM

Sep 2015
This prequel stuff is really straining the narrative for me tbh, like if it was a special or OVA I wouldn't mind, but it's really taking something from the main story to the point I can't even say Claymore has one anymore. These prequel episodes are very good, don't get me wrong, but why can't we have both without ruining what I came for: Claymore, not Claymore: The Phantom Menace.
Jun 17, 2022 12:51 PM

May 2021
I am shocked of how good the fight with 4 Claymores was made, this was mindblowing.

Ilene, Sophia, Noel and Priscilla were 4 of 5 best Claymores at that moment, quite a scary team to fight against.

After seeing Teresa beating them at the same time without much problem, not even using Yoma power until the end. I never expected, not in a million years, that Priscilla after turning 80%+ Yoma would be mischievous enough to make Teresa let her guard down and struck her by surprise.
Until now Priscilla was the most sincere and noble, that will never break a rule.

I have never seen the most powerful character in the series until then being killed because of its mercy done this good.
This was brutal, but a genius plot twist nonetheless, spare an enemy, and you may lose your life because of that moment of weakness.
This show has some brilliant moments in it, even being made in 2007, the production quality holds well.
Sep 18, 2022 4:26 AM

Nov 2020
I've read a manga and this still caught me off guard and by suprise!! This episode was so epic! Priscilla looks incredible in her awakened form!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 3, 2022 12:52 PM

Dec 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
This is what you get when you talk so much, and not do much. I don't know from where this Teresa's "I don't wanna kill fellow claymore" character development came from, when she had no problem off-ing the no-names before. Seems rather unnecessary to me. I don't even know what her "you can keep coming for me but I will fend you guys off the next time too" mean, like, what the fuck why would you want others to disrupt your fucking peace, fully knowing that Priscilla might just be stronger than her the next time they meet. Wut? I don't like that sort of development, I think it's badly written.

Teresa literally says in Episode 6 that Clare has given her life a new purpose. If by "no-names", you're mean the Claymores that tried to execute her, then she also says that the wounds she gave them were non-fatal. It's obvious that Clare has changed Teresa and made her softer, to the point that she will no longer even kill an enemy that she knows will pose a great threat to her in the future. That's not "bad writing" if a character makes a decision that you don't agree with. You could say it's stupid, sure, but it still lines up with how she's been developed. Besides, Teresa showed Priscilla mercy because she was already defeated and crying (about how she didn't want to die) and didn't want the blood of a naive inexperienced kid on her hands.
Nov 7, 2022 4:56 PM
Sep 2021
the plot thickens like a hearty stew..... MMMMMuuuummmmm!
Nov 7, 2022 5:00 PM
Sep 2021
DOOOOO! NUNUNUNUNUNU! DDDOOOOOOOOOO NNUUUNNUUUNNUUNNUUNNUUNNUUNNUU! NNNNNUUUUUUUUUU!
Jan 11, 2023 12:22 AM
Jul 2020
Well......... big FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Apr 7, 2023 3:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was definitely hardcore, Priscilia unleashed into that beast form killing everyone except Claire... damn that was tough for Teresa she didn't expect to be beheaded this fast :S
Apr 21, 2023 7:31 AM
Jan 2021
they killed my girl , fuck you priscillia
Apr 21, 2023 7:31 AM
Jan 2021
they killed my girl , fuck you priscillia
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

414 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.