Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh the episode was okay. It explored more social issues and had a young girl exorcist.

I guess it tried to make the episode look unique but the storytelling itself felt kinda blend. The supernatural entity is pretty geneic being a malevolent spirit. I guess the epsiode did make decent usage of its psychology when it comes to the girl's social life like bullying. I was not expecting some giant mech to appear this episode though.
Aug 11, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2015
A girl was being bullied, but nobody helped her. She attempted to taker her life, but instead got Sleeping Beauty Syndrome. She was turned into her favorite character from a show and started to exorcise monsters and eventually gave everyone that bullied her nightmares, even innocent people. Haruto put some sense into her, but it was too late because a huge fleet was coming. I wasn't expecting to see a giant robot in this episode.
Aug 11, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
Bullying leads the girl to try to commit suicide, mc steps in cause she's affecting others with her curses too.
Robot fight at the end to top it off :)
Aug 11, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2016
:) loved my giant robot near the end...

What was that girl trying to steal in the first place beauty products or something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
WTF the last mecha part don't have any sense. It's just an otaku fanservice.
Aug 11, 2017 11:07 AM

Sep 2015
lmao they didn't even bother to write a better story
It wasn't boring at least
Aug 11, 2017 11:52 AM
Jun 2016
Anyone else get hellgirl vibes at the start?:>
Aug 11, 2017 12:32 PM

Nov 2016
I'm really enjoying the themes of this show, the last part with the mecha felt kinda random, tho xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 2017
The last part was awesome. I think the point of it was that she didn't have to take everything so seriously.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Aug 11, 2017 10:44 PM

Nov 2016
giving this an 8/10 simply for the fact that there was no form photon sword

and does the robot count as power rangers gundam voltron or transformers
Aug 12, 2017 12:15 AM

Nov 2016
Titadou said:

No kidding. This episode had a super long introduction, an astonishingly fast resolution with the girl immediately agreeing to stop cursing the bullies, and then the mecha scene came right out of nowhere. The whole time my jaw was on the floor because of how bloody random it was. It connected to nothing, lead to nothing, and meant nothing.

Every episode of this anime feels like it belongs in a different genre, but every scene of this episode didn't even feel like it belonged in the same episode. It was rushed, confused, and sloppy.
Aug 12, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2009
What a strange episode... and the weakest by far. Hoping this kind of thing is just one time thing, a break, so to speak, and next we'll get back to normal higher quality episodes.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 12, 2017 4:50 AM
May 2016
I rated it 4 because it was pretty fun and the first half is great. Jigoku Shoujo episode 1 vibes indeed.

How she quickly agreed to stop cursing is just weird, but even weirder is the robot fights part. I just skipped some of that. They could take the time for better resolution than stupid robot fights, seriously.

At the end, I guess the bullies are still suffering.

Next episode title is "And Then There Were None". I expect great things now. Don't let me down, please.
Aug 12, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder who director of this episode is? just curious who would just put robot so unexpectedly where it is surely out of place :D
Special attack: beam from the eyes :D wow wow i suppose thats one way to name something xD creativity level is out of control.

Apart from the robot part though i really liked the episode. Poor girl got bullied she went to sleep to escape from a shitty reality wakes up and sees herself near bath full of blood ( that segment was very neatly done i admit) She thinks she dies and wakes up as exorcist from her favorite show/anime (she is quite an otaku actually as her glasses and her love for robots suggest) she even remembers what happened in which episode of her favorite exorcist show. She obviously got very excited but since she was all alone there (just like in her life ironically) she got bored of it and started resenting towards her classmates which resulted in a curse to her classmates who bullied her and those who just stood afar pretending not to notice. MC then comes and sorts out the situation but showing her fun with a robot and telling her that her classamtes and her mom feels sorry.

I kinda liked how bullies got all those nasty messages now, now they know how it feels i guess. Kinda reminds me of Koe no katachi where the one who bullied got really bullied himself
8/10 ep
Aug 12, 2017 8:11 AM

Sep 2015
Uh um did someone understand what the hell happen this episode?

From bully then commit suicide then become exorcist from show she like AND something invade then use a giant robot to wipe everything?

Did i just watch wrong episode on last part?
Into the Internet!
Aug 12, 2017 10:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Bullies got what they deserved in the end, HA!

Either way, that sudden turn to mecha in an instant was jarring. You could see the purpose of it though...she was having fun with it (it was hinted at before that she's an otaku). I'm glad that she's actually alive.
Aug 12, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2016
The same type of bullying happened in an earlier episode of jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi, so I wasn't all that into it unfortunately.

I do think the bullies got what they deserve though, but at the same time those that probably left messages probably left messages before so the class just picked another target. That doesn't really help things and shows that the class are just as guilty as the bullies themselves.

Titadou said:

I think it was meant to show just how much of an otaku she is and how she wanted to spend her final moments, since she assumed that she was dead.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 12, 2017 4:05 PM

Feb 2009
I feel like all of these girls have legit reasons to be angry or sad and Haruto comes in and ruins it for them

Aug 12, 2017 10:28 PM

Jan 2010
I was ready to consider this a really disappointing episode, because it was too predictable and straightforward, but the sudden change in genre and atmosphere made this ep stand out actually. It was so out of the blue that I was pleasantly surprised. I like how wacky this anime can be sometimes and so different in every episode. This one was still kind of a meh one but I really appreciate what they're doing. Every episode feels like a different genuine dream.
Aug 13, 2017 7:22 PM
Apr 2017
OMG... This episode is so terrible...
It's been few episodes this show kept letting me down, I still hope it get better...
Aug 13, 2017 11:39 PM

May 2017
Lol they Natsukicked it old school at the end, classic

Still a good episode tho

I was angry with the bullies in the first half then second half outta nowhere was hilarious
Aug 14, 2017 12:44 AM

Jan 2017
I think this is the first time since episode 1 that everything felt a little random although this time it didn't bother me as much. I liked the ED from this episode though.
Aug 14, 2017 4:22 AM

Oct 2008
Bullying again!? that getting pretty old...
I think i've heard this "rin,pyo,to,sha,kai,jin,retsu,zai,zen" from an old PS1 versus game!
And the Kyu,kyu,nyo,ritsu,ryo is definitely from Sousei no Onmyouji!
3/5.

Aug 14, 2017 1:59 PM
Oct 2016
EP 6 was alright. This anime as a whole is going to get a good rating out of me most likely. I am currently still waiting to figure out when Haruto will actually wake up in the real world. So far we only see him waking up in the limbo dream world and also sleeping there too.
Aug 14, 2017 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
Jacob_Chimera said:
Titadou said:

No kidding. This episode had a super long introduction, an astonishingly fast resolution with the girl immediately agreeing to stop cursing the bullies, and then the mecha scene came right out of nowhere. The whole time my jaw was on the floor because of how bloody random it was. It connected to nothing, lead to nothing, and meant nothing.

Every episode of this anime feels like it belongs in a different genre, but every scene of this episode didn't even feel like it belonged in the same episode. It was rushed, confused, and sloppy.

I agree with you.
I don't get it how people can find the mecha part amusing, I was watching this show expecting something serious and different, but now I see just 'deep' premises (or plot twist endings), 80% poor writing and rushed solutions.
And now this random ending. Wow. Is this Panty & Stocking?
Aug 14, 2017 8:31 PM
Aug 2014
The mecha part was there because she's an otaku and also resonates with Haruto it seems. Damn guys, stop watching sh*t shows your brains are rotting since you can't even figure that out...
Aug 16, 2017 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
The first half was great, but it felt rushed as hell. I understand the thing with mechas, she loves anime etc, but well... they could do something like this if the whole anime were about this girl. It felt totally out of place here.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 16, 2017 8:24 PM

Jun 2012
True enough, the assailants and those observer third parties are all guilty, they all deserves a nightmare.

Well the cosmos battle was surprising.
Aug 16, 2017 9:37 PM

Jun 2012
Honestly I wasn't a huge fan of this episode. It kind of took an over used bullying trope, stripped it down to nothing, then tried to mend the episode with random mechs and magic spells. Though I feel there was slight increase in animation from the last episode, I'm hoping the plot improves in the next ep to keep me interested.
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Aug 18, 2017 4:46 AM

Mar 2015
That ending was reaaaally random.
I personally feel they brushed the bullying problem under the carpet.
Oh no, she tried to kill herself and is giving everyone nightmares. She is the victim AND also the problem.
In the end the only who might have changed is Momo, the other bullies are too worried of how people will look at them now and the rest of classmates will just go as anything happened, just like before.
But, hey!, Natsuki now is happy because she now she is stronk!......-___-

Aug 23, 2017 2:16 AM
Oct 2014
for the ppl who wondering why they're fighting with robots and why she's being an exorcist is bcs she's an otaku
Aug 25, 2017 11:04 PM

Oct 2015
Wow so just because they say sorry, everything's fine? -.-
Aug 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Dec 2015
Suicidal Ijime victim added !

This epizode wasn't well balanced with this very long pre-sleep part and the instant resolution. Well, the stories are never the focus so it's okay, I guess.

3/5

If it wasn't for the various directors and artists doing their own things (not talking about the "genres"), this series would be so uninteresting.
Sep 4, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
At first, I was thinking, "Hey, I can actually comprehend what's happening in this anime!"
Then the mecha came...
I knew this anime was shit by ep 3. But like a husband being abused by his wife, I kept coming back. I saw the preview for ep 7...no. No. I stuck around out of curiosity, but no. Not anymore.
Nov 11, 2017 4:37 PM

May 2012
Suddenly mecha :o well that sure drastically changed. Interesting development I must say, let's see what's next.
Jun 5, 2020 6:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow that was fast attempt to persuade that girl. I found this quite chilling and simple, even the background story felt dark, comparing the past 3 not quite easy persuade. Atleast, once again, Haruto succeeded to make another witch awake. Idk if that girl really alive or not, there are many if. However, referring the post credit scene, the curse still run in behind. I simply stated that the girl really die and the cursed comes from her dead soul. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 5, 2020 7:08 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty ok episode, explored a common issue in japan revolving around high school suicide due to bullying, also seems like Haruto demanded Natsuki to call him Brother instead of uncle, i am so sure that there is something up with this brother business! I did not expect that robot scene it caught me off guard completely haha! Reminded me a lot of power rangers, probaly was the gimmick :p
Jul 30, 2020 7:33 PM

Nov 2012
Wtf was this shit? Like lol what wasted potential, first part with the bullying and suicide was setting up well and had a nice visual style. Then after she "killed herself it shifted to a yokai series, then it shifted into a mecha.

It like the ep director wasn't content with only one ep to direct so he forced 3 into 1.
VanishingKiraJul 30, 2020 7:37 PM
Jan 25, 2022 3:26 AM

Mar 2010
Man wat do you mean that the bully said sorry earnestly lol. Really don't like bullies. This episode was a trip like the others.
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
Feb 2024
what the fuck is going on

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

48 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 2:55 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

75 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 20, 8:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.