Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, some of the characters in this show can be quite rude.

We finally got more focus on Kokono Minowa this week. About time. To me, she was the most mysterious girl in this show so far. Rest of the episode had its usual slow pacing. That Minowa girl seems kinda like the shy type though with some coolness. Kinda cute seeing Miharu and her friend walking home under the rain with umbrellas.
Jul 20, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy late for the school and bumped into a senpai (HiroC), who's a loner, though.

Trying to find out about a new guy (KajiKaji) that SuzuKen's character saw the short hair girl talking happily with at hospital. He's in a cooking research club with another girl. As well as introducing long hair girl (Sawashiro-san), a librarian. The two were caught and ended up helping up with the student council on files of the school festival.

The two talking about their clubs while working. HiroC's character knows who gave the yakisoba pan, who is the long hair girl. Main guy went to buy the umbrella and met the short hair girl, so they got chance to walking in the rain together. Both eventually found out she's free.

School festival soon next.
tsubasaloverJul 20, 2017 11:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly the misunderstanding was funny but solved pretty quickly, still following someone around is never a good thing.
Anyway it's seems the sempai from the track club has some issues with the others in his club.
And that there is that girl from the library who seems nice.
Jul 20, 2017 12:35 PM

Sep 2015
definitely better than last week, still awkward sometimes though
I can't really say the plot was interesting, I know it's a slice of life but I've seen a lot better
Jul 20, 2017 12:40 PM
Jul 2016
Good episode. But sometime is very slow and the animation is innatural.

In this episode we know more about the other character and some mistery.
Jul 20, 2017 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
It's getting better, it holds my attention at least.

Most characters are quite bland tho
Jul 20, 2017 12:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mami and Honda still remain great, love their dynamic. She puts up with him quite willingly now and it's cute to watch. <3

Also the main couple was nice to watch here as well, didn't think much of them beforehand.
Jul 20, 2017 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to see that Mami and Honda are getting along. The track club guy has some issues with other members but they really didn't need to threaten him or use force. Probably just a simple case of jealousy.

Nice to see Mashiki and Mashiki interacting. It's kinda cute.

Jul 20, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Some awkward moments in this episode. Honda just drags Mami along to find out who Nasa is. That misunderstanding was resolved quick. Asumi doesn't get along with other people, but he gets along fine with Haruki.
Jul 20, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2010
I really like the romance part of the show with all the different pairings, but something feels off about the direction. A lot of cuts are held a bit too long and all these running shots are just way too drawn out.
Most of these 'filler' parts could run at double the speed without any problem.
Jul 20, 2017 2:17 PM

May 2010
Lmao how many times is their story going to begin in the preview.

Okay episode, Honda annoyed me there. Mashiki and Mihashi I still like. Haruki got better too.
Jul 20, 2017 2:28 PM
Sep 2016
This anime is honestly a hidden gem this season. I really like how its kind off slow paced, and its not really focussed on 2 characters, but instead, more characters keep showing up. Other than that, how doesnt this anime have a Romance tag. So far, it keeps getting more romantic and deeper every episode.
Jul 20, 2017 2:30 PM

May 2015
Hmm, not bad. I more or less enjoyed this episode.

Jul 20, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
Dam it means something if she remembers you from middle school and thinks you stood out from the rest. Im guessing that phone call to the Class Rep is Mashiki calling her for advice xD.
Jul 20, 2017 2:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nice showcase of how our two main couples are progressing with one another and I liked the extra dynamic that the main MC had with the track and field guy

The librarian girl is HELLA CUTE though so I hope that the track and field guy actually goes and pursues her since it looks like she's into him.....Seems like they might have history too
Jul 20, 2017 3:53 PM
Nov 2016
Everything about this show is just average.
The pacing is relatively so but not too slow to bother anyone.

I still like the blossoming relationship between Honda and the class rep more than I like the blossoming relationship between the two leads.
Jul 20, 2017 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, I just love this series. Just because it has A completely normal, everyday life story with really likeable characters and very positive vibes. 5/5.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 20, 2017 4:28 PM

Jul 2009
If i see this kid run to the konbini one more time.
Jul 20, 2017 5:28 PM

Oct 2011
The opening changed
Loving each pairing already
Jul 20, 2017 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
I literally just realized how boring and slow this anime is!

ALSO WHY DOES THE AUDIO ON PLAY IN THE LEFT HEADPHONE!!!! it's super annoying!
I going to finish watching this anime just for that fish prince book girl

I guess everything to this point was useless since the story really begins next episode .... 😒😒😒
UrbanJahtsJul 20, 2017 8:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Wow I really hate that MC. Mashiki's not like this, not like that, bla bla bla when he clearly fancies her.. I mean WTF dude? he was trying so hard to look cool all the time it's just lame..

Fuck that guy! Mashiki's better off with the cooking club guy.
Jul 20, 2017 8:33 PM

Jun 2013
I truly dont understand the shit reviews for this show. Its not the most exciting show, but its just a pure slice of life, and its really sweet and charming.
Jul 20, 2017 10:48 PM

Nov 2014
I'm so close to dropping this show with how slow and boring it is. The only thing I really like about this show is the art, and Honda/Mihashi. I'm a big SoL fan but literally everything in this show is just so drawn out it makes me wanna go to sleep. I thought by now it would get better but nope.

That being said, I thought the girl who gave them the desserts was cute.
Jul 21, 2017 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
I'm still liking this series, despite the animation being a bit choppy, but I'm fine with that.
A nice, calm, normal high school slice-of-life romance series that I'd watch at the end of the day :3
I'm glad its not one of those fast-paced dramas.

Since its a story about lots of characters developing relationships with each other, I think the pacing is just fine. Doesn't seem "slow and boring" at all.
Every episode doesn't have to have a ton of stuff going on. I doubt your own day is like the either. Some days are boring and some days aren't.
KilikcliaJul 21, 2017 12:44 AM
Jul 21, 2017 12:43 AM

Jan 2017
interestingly good episode... wait, I just love the atmosphere in this anime. For Mashiki, waiting for her being responsive towards Mishima flings.
Jul 21, 2017 4:46 AM

Jun 2016
The only character I've been looking forward to finally appeared in this episode. Kyaaaaa! Hiroshi Kamiyaaaa! ;-; And holy crap Yuki Kaji and Hiroshi Kamiya together in an anime all over again.

Still this anime is boring af.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 21, 2017 4:48 AM

Jun 2016
UrbanJahts said:
I literally just realized how boring and slow this anime is!

ALSO WHY DOES THE AUDIO ON PLAY IN THE LEFT HEADPHONE!!!! it's super annoying!
I going to finish watching this anime just for that fish prince book girl

I guess everything to this point was useless since the story really begins next episode .... 😒😒😒

Same thoughts exactly. I really want to drop this anime already, but I continue watching this show for Hiroshi Kamiya's character. Haha. Without HiroC, I definitely already dropped this anime after watching its 2nd episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 21, 2017 7:14 AM
Jun 2013
Some really bad animation this episode, few scenes where characters felt like they froze in time suddenly, the scene with MC and his crush had some badly drawn faces between cuts. This keeps up, gonna feel the budget.
Jul 21, 2017 9:52 AM

Apr 2017
I'm going to drop this anime right here. I don't see any point in continuing this anime. It's very lacking in terms of animation/art, characters, story, and enjoyment.
Jul 21, 2017 11:15 AM

Apr 2016
Pretty much like previous episodes, another good slice of life anime. let's see what comes next.

Just give me more romance.
SwagernatorJul 21, 2017 11:18 AM
Jul 21, 2017 11:20 PM
Jan 2017
At first, I thought all the couples would get centric episodes that would focus on their relationships, but now it seems Haruki will be the viewpoint character. The story about Towa thinking that Nasa was Miharu's boyfriend was generic in concept and predictable in execution, but the little moment between Haruki and Miharu was nice. It was good to see Asumi get some focus as well, he will probably get a bigger role and his relationship will be developed.
Jul 22, 2017 5:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The town that the main characters live in sure is pretty nice in terms of scenery though. Hmm a sports festival eh. And its already June eh. Hmm they decided to update the visuals to include more of the cast eh. Still its nice that it reflects the purpose of the konbini though. So Towa saw Miharu with another boy eh. I can see why he's so worried for Haruki i guess. At least Towa and Mami now have a normal relationship though after what happened before. Mami is right though that this problem is Haruki's alone and not for him to interfere. Hmm to think that Natsu joined the track team to run but not make friends. While interest in the club is good its also a good place to make friends as well. Hmm so Kokono's little fall there was her attempt to get Natsu out of this predicament eh. Still its nice that the student council president managed to get here in time though. To think that Towa would end up tailing the mysterious boy though lol. To think that they ended up meeting the members of the cooking club to which he belonged to though. At least they managed to have some dessert though. But a club that only has two members eh.

A punishment of running and managing the sports festival eh. Seems the president has a sense of humor in him. Its funny how Mami got roped in by Towa to follow Nasa as well. But this is a good way to forge a bond between them. They got caught rather easily lol. Its nice that Haruki and Natsu are able to find common ground in the approaches they use for their respective sports. Its fortunate that Haruki managed to meet Miharu at the store though as he didn't have that much money on him. Its these little bonding moments that i like about slice of life anime's and that time flows much slower in them as well. It's nice that Haruki and Miharu get to have their first decent convo. Hmm is Miharu remembering Haruki i wonder. Miharu sure is pretty kind in trying to clean the remains of the ice lolly from Haruki though. Well its good for Haruki that Miharu doesn't have a BF. Towa was off the mark eh lol. I wonder who that phone call that Mami received in the end was from. The expression on her face indicated that its not something good i think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2017 9:45 AM

Nov 2013
mami didn't look happy when the guy took her away from the sweets lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 22, 2017 10:00 AM

Mar 2013
Running. More running at the start XD

Lol what an awkward way to disrupt those upperclassman at the hallway XD

Jul 22, 2017 11:56 AM
Mar 2016
Oh c'mon lets shift to a new couple...
Jul 23, 2017 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
Towa and class rep. are really getting closer to each other! I bet Towa was in the hospital coz he might suffer violence at home....
Jul 23, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
Alright! Mashiki's confirmed single!...go for it Mishima! plan for the right time to ask her out!
But i'm still more interested with Mihashi x Honda!
4/5.

Jul 24, 2017 2:51 AM

Mar 2017
It looks like I'm one of the few that really likes this show, the reason couldn't have been said better
rsc-pl said:
Oh, I just love this series. Just because it has A completely normal, everyday life story with really likeable characters and very positive vibes. 5/5.

School life isn't always that "dramatic" and eventful as media portraits it. Relationships don't develop into a clear direction in few weeks. This show actually portraits what everyday life is.
Maybe that's not what people who started the show were looking for but I do appreciate it.
Aug 6, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2009
I get that it's SoL and everything but if any of our lives were shown in an TV show with all the boring parts included no one would watch, and that I think is gonna be the fate of this show. Who tf wants to watch BORING life every week? I mean, I enjoy the characters and everything but it'd be nice for a little...something.

Sep 5, 2017 9:25 PM

May 2013
Idk, maaaaannnnnnn. So slowwwwwwwww.

But was it the librarian rep who left food for the track guy? Cuz that'd be cute. I want them to pair up.

Happy that Towa and class prez are getting along better.

Half the time I could only think about how boring this anime is tho LOLOL.
imma drop it for now and maybe pick it up when I feel like giving it another go.
Sep 30, 2017 11:42 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty boring so far imo, but I do really like the ED song.
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 18, 2017 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
There is something beautiful about this anime that I cant explain.

I dunno why so many people find it boring.
Mar 28, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2021
I can already tell this is going to be a pain of a ride.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Apr 23, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.