Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, they went all out this episode. Blood, tears, and emotions.
Everything built up to this point and I'm somewhat impressed by how they handled this finale.

Gotta admit that Willem has a lot of guts for fighting especially with the condition he's in. Most violent episode yet of the series imo. It still had a bit of emotional drama too and I'm not surprised. 7/10. It was quite a ride.

Jun 27, 2017 7:58 AM
Oct 2010
Best episode. So much feels T^T I need season two.

Chtholly and Nephren are waifu.
Jun 27, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Even knowing beforehand how this was going to end, watching the episode wasn't less painful...especially with those two songs playing when she jumped and she fought the beasts...
The ending was slightly more ambiguous about the fate of the three; but it can't be helped as there is not going to be more after this episode most likely.

Ever since they explained how Seniorious chooses it's weilders; it was clear that things weren't going to end well, and in fact the author didn't disappoint. The sword chooses it's owners based on their tragic fate; only those with a fate of death and destruction are deemed "worthy".
Seniorious previous owner was Lillya, her fate wasn't better than Chtholly's. She coudnd't reach what she wanted, she couldn't protect who she wanted and in the end she died without being able to fulfill her wishes. In a way Chtholly had it better since she was able to fulfill her promise.

Crap I'm just as sad as when I first finished this volume..probably more after I saw their expressions after the battle.
All in all it was a good adaption, it certainly had it faults but I'm very happy about how a few scenes/dialogues were altered. Too bad they weren't able to finish the story though.

This week's memory scene:
http://i.imgur.com/qdYk6wE.png

AnathorJun 27, 2017 9:05 AM
Jun 27, 2017 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
I was sad when I read this but playing Always in My Heart and Scarborough Fair with Kutori fighting and Willem still being awake was worse.
The author himself wrote the screenplays for ep 11-12 and the ending was quite ambiguous so I'll just hope for more even if I know it won't happen.

Ending theme in this ep was 'Ever be my love' by Yamada Tamaru.
Jun 27, 2017 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
The assumptions that another season won't happen is bizarre to me. We don't have BD data yet.
Jun 27, 2017 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
i kinda lost it when they started playing scarborough fair

THAT VERY END SCENE OMG YEEEES SO MUCH HOPE.

Jun 27, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
I won't lie, I had tears in my eyes, especially when Chtholly jumped into the fight and the music start playing.

The ending was screaming "that's not the end, expect more", so maybe there is a chance for next season?
mozgowJun 27, 2017 10:04 AM
Jun 27, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
Great ending overall and very well handled so far.

SukaSuka at it's core is a story about horrors of war and the self destructive human nature that comes from removing emotion and social respect from the concept of war, which only leads to destruction and death. Humans destroyed themselves and lost their humanity and now fairies made in image of human being keep the cycle of self destruction by shedding away their humanity. Ctholly was an exception she managed to grow beyond the expected expendability of a leprechaun and yet in the end she still lost her life. At least in her case it was not for war or ongoing cycle of destruction - it was for people she cares about.

9/10

Now time for a nailbiting wait on whether we are getting rest of story adapted or not.
Jun 27, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
That was a sad and emotional finale. Wasn't expecting this much feels from a single episode. The soundtracks didn't help either. So much feels.

Chtholly and Nephren died in the end. But that ending was ambiguous. Elq Hrqstn encouraging Chtholly was something. They surprisingly got along quite well. Might go read the LN if there is no sign of a sequel or an OVA to finish the rest of the story.

9/10. A great show. I'm going to miss seeing that long ass title in the OP.

Jun 27, 2017 10:04 AM
Mar 2017
I had tears in my eyes, im not going to lie about that.

Borderline crying when Chtholly jumped into that fight and the music kicked up, that basically killed me.

The final scene with Chtholly and Willem was beautiful, tears in my eyes and all.

I feel like there is a chance at another season, but I find it unlikely considering all things.

I'd say this is the best anime of the season for me, 9/10
Jun 27, 2017 10:04 AM
Feb 2013
I feel nothing... only emptiness. Glad I decided to give this one a chance. Very rare for me to cry this much for a show. Now, off to complete the novels.
Jun 27, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
So much feels in this episode. Chtholly jumping into a fight and the music playing was great. She had a beautiful moment with Willem after her fight. That ending though. Overall, this was a good show.
Jun 27, 2017 10:18 AM

Feb 2016
Saw it coming, I knew it would be like this, and yet, my heart has been crushed into pieces one more time 8/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 27, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2013
What a sad and emotional final episode. That last struggle of Chtolly was so painful to watch, especially when they combined it with Willem being awake and both of their monologues (the OST was also on point). Manly tears were shed at that moment! ;_;

Overall SukaSuka was a really enjoyable anime and for me it was even my AOTS. It is a shame that we most likely won´t see a continuation because they didn´t foreshadowed stuff (with the last bits of vol.3) and that last scene, which caught me off-guard, seems like something from the end of the novel.
KaitonJun 27, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 27, 2017 10:22 AM

May 2008
Gahhh I had a really strong feeling it would end up like this, but I kept hoping for a happier ending. I really enjoyed this series, but these kind of endings are definitely not for me. I feel destroyed atm and need a pick me up.
Jun 27, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
Is that end scene related to the sequel novel or later volumes ?

Anyways, @Anathor mirrors my thoughts perfectly. And Seeing this part of vol 3 animated brought me to tears. I remember feeling empty when reading it. 8/10.
Jul 2018
Holy fucking shit, Like I knew that I was going to get it, but yet the execution for everything about this was so well done that I can't help but to feel bad... this series left me so fucking empty now when it ended, my lord. Chtholly!! </3

This was a pretty good way to end the series though, although I'm questioning a bit how much did they adapted, and if they have anything else left... I don't know. I was told from a friend of mine if they adapt 3 volumes in here they can just adapt the rest in like 10 episodes at max because there wouldn't be as much by comparison. I know the total of volumes are 5 (as far as I'm concerned) so I'm curious if anyone can inform this on this one.

This is one of those series that I've been looking forward to, especially when few friends of mine told me about the series and it was something that I usually like, I wasn't disappointed at the slightest amount at the end, and my only slight nitpick doesn't even have to do with the story... nobody can deny that the production went a bit downward when the series passed by, not a lot but it can be noticeable as hell anyways. It still stayed somehow consistent.

Overall I'll give this series an 9/10, one of my favorites of this season.

Jul 2010
Awww, Chtholly... this episode was so gorgeous. The music, the visuals, everything... it really came together in a spectacular finale for this series. I absolutely loved it. 7/10 overall. The ending was nice. :') Part of me hopes for a second season, but I doubt it.

One of the best anime this season for me. Possibly the best.
Jun 27, 2017 10:24 AM

May 2016
Is have a baby??????
I don't care
Jun 27, 2017 10:25 AM

Oct 2016
I'll admit, ending was pretty predictable in all regards, but the way they carried the emotion and added in a few details really helped elevate this. I can't wait to see SukaMoka, even if it ends up undoing the emotional tragic ending of SukaSuka, I feel confident that they'll more than make up for that.
Jun 27, 2017 10:25 AM

May 2016
But i'm sad this and episode 12/12 8/10
I don't care
Jun 27, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2011
So uhh, whatever happened to Willem? As much as I'd like to read the rest of the novels, don't have much time dedicated to do so.

The anime itself was good though. Really ended on a good note.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jun 27, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2015
that anime is a good example for drama that doesn't work. the whole 12th episode felt cheesy as hell. let's not forget the horrible fights and ugly enemies - they fight giant monsters and lose to a few bugs....

wouldn't watch it again

Jun 27, 2017 10:29 AM
Aug 2015
Fuck me, even though I knew this was going to happen, even though I thought I was ready for the final feel train...

I wasn't. The music with the action, Chtholly jumping out of the ship, fighting with these monstrosities, the memories they both shared, definitely proved me wrong on being ready of holding my emotions. I can't remember a show which I cared so much about in a long time, and now that it's over, all I can feel is sadness.

Talking about the anime as a whole, this was a pretty good adaptation. Nowhere close to being a masterpiece, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. To everyone who hasn't read the light novels yet, do so, unless you're scared of even bigger feel train. 9/10 for me, if it was adapted better, without skipping so much screen time worthy plot, it would have been 10/10.
Jun 27, 2017 10:33 AM
Apr 2017
Ahegyao said:
So uhh, whatever happened to Willem?

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonJun 27, 2017 11:31 AM
Jun 27, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2016
btw Who is the baby? and last ending
I don't care
Jun 27, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing finale, really heart wrenching and tragic. I was really emotional while watching this.

Every time the background music started playing, I knew I was in for it. Damn, every scene from Willen jumping to save Nephren to Chtholly's final fight to the final scene along with all the monologues was amazing. At least Chtholly died having found true happiness. T.T

R.I.P Chtholly and Nephren, At least Ithea is alive, if she had died too I don't know what I would've done. Watching her cry was so damn painful. :(
Willem's fate seems ambiguous and the ending felt like a tease.

Overall, great show. Started out with a kind of calm and relaxing atmosphere but the way the show switched between it's light-hearted heartwarming moments and the darker tones were great. The deeper and darker themes about the violent and destructive nature of humanity really bring out the overarching poignant atmosphere, really makes you feel for the characters, especially during this finale and that episode where Willem waits for Chtholly to come back from battle. Despite all the tragic and depressive tones in the series, I've always felt the show was trying to convey that no matter what happens, you can always find a way to happiness. Amazing soundtrack as well, huge praise for that and the usage was excellent.

8/10, Hope there's a sequel.
Jun 27, 2017 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
5/5- Fantastic and beautiful finale. Definitely #1 best finale of the season in my opinion. Everything was done well. The battles were good and Chtholly's last stand was a sight to behold.

I knew this was coming. I've known for almost a year now that this was going to happen. I knew I was going to be emotional. That it was going to be heart breaking. I prepped myself for an entire week as well cause I'm sure they would play those fantastic songs. I listened to those songs everyday.

Despite listening to those songs constantly for a week and hearing it multiple times during the series...I fucking lost it when it started playing. Its as if there was an on/off switch on me.

8/10- This was a great adaptation. I may be a little biased since I've read it before and I usually do that. Ah who the hell cares, I loved it is all that matters to me. It was a little different from what I read a while ago but I didn't notice too many differences from the LN...at least based off my memory. The soundtrack was amazing. The character designs were great. It was fairly well written with a few minor kinks. Chtholly and Willem's character development was exceptional.

This was great. Can't wait for Volumes 4 and 5. Now that's a roller coaster of emotions.
TehSnawnDec 24, 2017 1:47 AM

Jun 27, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2012
That ending... So many different emotions. Best anime of the season.

In the end they didn't use anything from vol 4 and 5. Ending it just using vol 3. So there's still hope.
Jun 27, 2017 10:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Now that was a great finale. The show was basically one big build up to this.

The build up unfortunately wasn't the greatest for a good amount of time but this finale was fantastic, they threw out all the insert songs, too.

8/10
Jun 27, 2017 10:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I thought that Holly managed to save Nephren with whatever it was that she did but I guess it wasn't meant to be :( RIP girls

Great finale overall but I need to know if Wilheim actually died and if he didn't I wanna know what's gonna happen next from here

8/10
Jun 27, 2017 10:52 AM

Jun 2013
Holy fuck that was sad! Bit it was also epic and beautiful!

Last episode bumps this up to a 10

10/10
Jun 27, 2017 10:53 AM
May 2017
Damn I cried for almost half of the episode
Jun 27, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
heh, it wasn't that emotional. i watched it and i only cried for like, an hour.

Great adaptation. Hope a continuation is on the horizon. 8/10
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jun 27, 2017 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Now that's what you call a final, it gave me goosebumps, easily the best one this season.

Action,emotions and a bittersweet end were for my liking.

R.I.P. Chtholly and Ren, even tho it seems like Chtholly was reincarnated, does that mean season 2 ? Or is it anime original ?

Pretty good show overall 7/10.

Edit: After reading some of the other replies I also figured out that it wasn't a reincarted Chtholly, just her past self :D ok makes more sense.
FMmatronJun 27, 2017 11:33 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2017 11:02 AM

Dec 2014
@Vacu0us
@john_suzuki
The scene showed Chtholly when she was born. Yes it's in the past.

@DragonSlayer_19
The scene is from the 5th chapter of the third volume unfortunately :/
but in SukaSuka we are told that once fairies die their body shatters into beads of light and melts into the wind, their souls should then return to Elq (as it was confirmed by her in the anime too). But Chtholly is no longer a fairy so who knows; this could also have a negative implication though.
AnathorJun 27, 2017 11:12 AM
Jun 27, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
I cired way too much it was too emotional especially with those osts who were already emotional during PV. Very much satisfied came for the feels = got the feels i wanted. Pretty much started tearing down when Ren was about to die and burst into crying after Ost and Chtholly kicked in.
The episode did the anime for me no doubt gonna give it a 9. At least i dont feel emptiness as i usually feel after powerful scenes like that.
Jun 27, 2017 11:07 AM

Sep 2015
Okay its really hurt especially when Chtolly's last fight with emty eye and i don't think Ren will die too

Willem where or what happen to you?
Its not end right? who is next "main character" on next story if 3 of them dead?

Can someone tell me where this end on novel?
ZBlastHistoryJun 27, 2017 11:13 AM
Into the Internet!
Jun 27, 2017 11:10 AM
Dec 2015
Well.. they died.
Rem, Ctholly (god knows if she is still her or not if she survived), and willem.
will we see the conclusion to their story? probably not.
this is probably the saddest anime i watched recently.
hopefully they pull a re-write and make season 2.
Jun 27, 2017 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
Anathor said:
@Vacu0us
@john_suzuki

@DragonSlayer_19
but in SukaSuka they said that once fairies die their body shatter into beads of light and melt into the wind, their soul then should return to Elq as it was confirmed by her in the anime too. But Chtholly is no longer a fairy so who knows.

Oh yes. Just went and checked. They should have used a narrator to signify that it was a past scene of chtholly's birth . Back when she had a long road ahead of her. I was almost confused because of the
Jun 27, 2017 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
That ending really made the series for me. All the drama from before really hits home once you actually see the roles of the fairies played out.
Jun 27, 2017 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
Don't know the source, but I will give 10/10 for anime.
It was just beautiful, the world, characters, atmosphere, music, art [!!!] and animation [!!], voice acting. I cried, I laughed and I felt (and still feel) strong connection with all characters. It would be impossible without great direction.
The last scene on the desert hit me very hard.
Of course, it is probably not following the source, but come on, this anime is really SOMETHING more than usual series.
My candidate to AOTY (AOTS for sure, Tsuki ga Kirei is second and Saekano 3rd).

I really want to say 'thank you' for the whole crew of this series.

PS. ANIME IS DYING, RIGHT, SURE.... Worst meme ever.
rsc-plJun 27, 2017 11:28 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
This ep was beautiful! The 2nd best anime in this season.(tsuki ga kirei is the 1st ofc)
Can someone explain me whats happening after this ?Any novel reader?(I ask this cuz i would bet it wouldn't be a continuation)
Jun 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
Too bad Nephren died too, I kinda liked her, probably my favourite of the leprechauns. I guess that despite the efforts of Willem and Ctholly, she was done since the moment she "opened the gate".

I was about to ask what happened to Willem, but I got my response above, so...
Jun 27, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2015
Worst finale of the season for me

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Jun 27, 2017 11:24 AM
Jun 2017
any13th said:
I'll admit, ending was pretty predictable in all regards, but the way they carried the emotion and added in a few details really helped elevate this. I can't wait to see SukaMoka, even if it ends up undoing the emotional tragic ending of SukaSuka, I feel confident that they'll more than make up for that.

Err what?

Not to spoil but SukaMoka goes well beyond the mild heart tugs of SukaSuka.
Do not be mislead by the 4th volume's cover-SukaMoka spoiler
Jun 27, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
I find it interesting that people are leaning so much towards Nephren dying when her fate is left ambiguous at best. She could have died she could have lived, same with Willem. Its never confirmed, unlike with Ctholly. We will never know whether Ctholly's sacrifice meant something or not. We can only hope it did and her life had meaning.
Jun 27, 2017 11:28 AM
Jun 2017
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Anathor said:
@Vacu0us
@john_suzuki

@DragonSlayer_19
but in SukaSuka they said that once fairies die their body shatter into beads of light and melt into the wind, their soul then should return to Elq as it was confirmed by her in the anime too. But Chtholly is no longer a fairy so who knows.

Oh yes. Just went and checked. They should have used a narrator to signify that it was a past scene of chtholly's birth . Back when she had a long road ahead of her. I was almost confused because of the

SukaSuka volume 3 chapter 5 is where the scene of Chtholly's birth was adapted from.

Lots of fans are getting confused by the cover of SukaMoka's 4th volumes(and shows
Jun 27, 2017 11:29 AM
Mar 2008
They didn't die.

Jun 27, 2017 11:32 AM
Jun 2017
@Octave_

The anime adaption,other than minor changes,did not alter how the 3rd volume ends.

There is a fan made English translation out,highly recommend reading it.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.