Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Albu and Holdem s just can't forgive Thirteen for his sins and honestly, I don't find that surprising at all.

The finale had some decent action includnig Mercenary taking on that giant moose like monster. Holdem also played his role like a good bro. Really glad tey showcased what magic can really do in this show/finale though.

Ovearll, it was...an alright show imo. I can't say it's great but definitely watchable and entertaining enough to kept me watching to the finale.
Stark700Jun 26, 2017 9:19 AM
Jun 26, 2017 7:59 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The show was nice, don't know if the novel continues. So far was good and enjoyable

Jun 26, 2017 11:17 AM

Feb 2015
Bad ending to a bad show.

On a more level headed side, this show was just too generic and predictable, probably deserves more than the 3 / 10 I'm giving it, but the generic tropes and frankly stupid logic in this show destroy any possible merits it had.
Jun 26, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
I liked this anime a lot. The ending was ok. It wasn't the best, but not the worst either.

Also that country is either pretty small or all of these guys have fast travel. (*^▽^*)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2017 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
Yautja said:
Bad ending to a bad show.

On a more level headed side, this show was just too generic and predictable, probably deserves more than the 3 / 10 I'm giving it, but the generic tropes and frankly stupid logic in this show destroy any possible merits it had.

And what tropes would those be then? I certainly didn't see any, if anything I was expecting Zero to be a Tsundre and it was a nice surprise she wasn't. You can can the show average or whatever but it certainly wasn't 'tropey'

Jun 26, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2016
that leaves a wide open finale that might lead to a second season, this anime could have been handled better, but it was okay overall 7/10

Albus goes 1 step above Zero and gives Mercenary a Kiss lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 26, 2017 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
Was a good ending. Everyone ended happily and Mercenary and Zero ends togheter living more adventures (glad to see Mercernary still has his best form, since that is what makes him unique). Overall a satisfying ending if you ask me.

I also liked how Albus didn't get her feelings take the best of her and spared 13 due his usefulness (surprised to see 13 is also the brother of Zero, who made his intentions of trying to create a better world for her more understandable).
Jun 26, 2017 3:13 PM
Aug 2011
I'm probably gives way too much slack to this show than I should but it just hit home with me on a number of levels.

7/10-8/10 range is what I am thinking with this one and it might be something I look into reading into.

I did like it, a bit more than I thought I would. If someone said it was generic I would get that though.

Still glad I watched it.
Jun 26, 2017 6:32 PM

Mar 2014
still a good ending though. glad to see zero and mercenary set off for a new journey.
hope a second season -- but it seems impossible.
Jun 26, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2016
Meh, it was an enjoyable show, but it could have been much better.

7/10
Jun 27, 2017 4:03 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this was a pretty boring ending to a show that has been pretty tedious from start to finish. It had a few good moments here and there, but for the most part it was fairly mediocre.

6/10
Jun 27, 2017 6:33 AM

Aug 2015
An interesting anime at the beginning with a vast universe but the characters are badly written unfortunately, especially Thirteen and Yuhei and more plot-convenience.
In short, a forgettable anime and I don't want season 2.

4/10
Jun 27, 2017 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
Thirteen joined the gang in the OP.

My opinion of Thirteen changed, slightly. He was pretty much the antagonist through most of the season till he had a change of heart. Albus deciding not to kill him but instead to his use in the future shows her wisdom. A suitable person to be the Sorcerer of the State.

Albus giving a kiss to Youhei. I forgot that she was a girl. Zero also demanded a kiss.

I was surprised to find that Thirteen was the brother of Zero. That explains why he was obsessed with creating a better world for Zero.

7/10. A good and enjoyable show. Wouldn't mind a season 2. We still need to learn Zero's and Youhei's name.
LeoJun 27, 2017 7:12 AM

Jun 27, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2015
The characters were so bland and boring in this show that I didn't really care what was happening. 5/10
Jun 27, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
Bad ending, but for a show I watched on the subway it had enjoyable moments.

Jun 27, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2009
Anticlimatic, though I didn't expect much in the first place, so ok I guess.
6/10 not bad, but lacks a few things to be good.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 27, 2017 8:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The last three or four minutes were really bad, what the hell?

Overall an okay series that i didn't really enjoy though in the second half, i was like ''okay, that's happening'' but i had zero attachment to what was happening.
Jun 27, 2017 8:30 AM

Jun 2015
Decent finale. With everyone's help, humans and witches can now coexist. Albus is the new Sorcerer of the State and decided not to kill Thirteen. Her kissing Mercenary and Holdem going after him was amusing. Zero and Mercenary are off to their new adventure. Overall, this was an okay show.
Jun 27, 2017 8:37 AM

Sep 2015
The ending was a bit hmm idk not that great. Very good action and all but the way the solution played out was a bit forced. Like how Albus became the leaders of the sorcerers of the state. How the state readily welcomed ex-witches.
I know they used Thirteen as a scapegoat, but dispute among the witches and humans still exist.
And the witches didn't quite agree with Albus.
The most troubling part was the witches fighting the knights. They lost their powers mid-battle. In other words, half of them got killed not knowing what happened before surrendering.

Overall nice conclusion. Didn't get to see the tavern girl again which is sad. But still...
Jun 27, 2017 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
Mahou Shoujo Shimakaze finally end

OP and ED are not fit for this kind of story
Into the Internet!
Jun 27, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
Took them long enough, anyway pretty nice finale. Fairly happy ending to the story I guess.

Magic was removed from Wenias or rather thrown back into a primordial state. The war in Wenias is now over, Witches and Muggles live in peace and all's well that ends well.

Zero decides to travel the world to see what's happened to magic and Mercenary join her as well.
Didn't expect Albus to give that kiss, Wolf-Bro's reaction was expected and together with Zero's little spark of jealousy, the final scene was kinda funny.

Overall, it was a decent series. Pretty entertaining and fairly dark at times, at least most of the opening episode felt a little dark. The series was strongest during the middle episodes, especially the episode where Albus, Mercenary and Zero travel together and have fun. Discovering Thirteen and stuff was also really interesting, In a way, I guess it was the last episode or two that felt weaker in comparison to the older ones since it felt like everything fell into place rather easily. I suppose that's expected since they were trying to fit a political uprising arc with a happy ending into 1 cour. Anyway, it was still a good series and I did like all the characters, Zero especially.

7/10
Jun 27, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
I thought it's White Fox "habit" to deal with Bad end Anime. But that's not a bad end at all. :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 27, 2017 9:03 AM

Sep 2013
3/5- Decent finale and everything wraps up. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Just average and underwhelming.

It's nice to see Merc remain a beast in the finale. I kinda expected him to remain that way a little while longer. I also expected Albus to spare 13 though I wish she killed him.

13 was probably the worst antagonist of this anime season in my opinion. His reasons of starting this whole mess was stupid. I don't mind his stoic face or his appearance cause I feel that was a good look for a villain. His dead pan voice however was awful and made it hard to pay attention to him. Oh man, he sure did talk a lot and probably more than anyone else when he first appeared. Then the cherry on top was him switching to Zero's side with zero hesitation.

Jun 27, 2017 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
The final wasn't living up to my expectations, it was still an alright show overall.

Storwise it was mediocre till bad tbh, but I enjoyed the chemistry between Zero and Yohei, even though I think they could have shown us more development regarding those two. The last scene where Zero wanted to be kissed by him was funny and reminded me what I liked about this anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
They finish the magic circle and the demon king grants the magic denial but it's not permanent.
Albus is now the head of the witches and yohei and zero go out to see the world and magic :)
Nicely adapted, they only did 1 volume after all, 8/10
Jun 27, 2017 9:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
They finish the magic circle and the demon king grants the magic denial but it's not permanent.
Albus is now the head of the witches and yohei and zero go out to see the world and magic :)
Wow, only 1 volume?!?!? Damn, I dunno if I should be impressed with WF or not lol

Either way, the finale was pretty nice and I feel like it was a nice conclusion to this first arc/anime and I'm hoping for a second season sometime soon

8/10
Jun 27, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
The show started good, but it went down when Mercenary and Zero got separated and started this whole arc.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 27, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2011
This show started off well, and did a good job early on. But the second half of the series went into the pooper.

With the series not selling well. This show ended with the typical, "go read the manga" ending.

I really liked some aspects to the show, but overall it was a poorly done storyboard.
CirrisJul 24, 2017 2:29 PM
Jun 27, 2017 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
A Nice mellow ending to the anime. There were really no surprises in this episode because everything was predictable and set up in the previous episode but it was a nice ending none the less. Overall this was a solid anime and one of the better ones this season so I'm going to give it a 7/10 and maybe I'll go back and read the light novel. I do really like the end scene where they walk off into the distance together cliche but I like it and this anime will leave a fond memory in my mind.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 27, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
This is one i'd love to get a second series on. Ending was good but it would be interesting to have more.
Jun 27, 2017 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
Not the best show but still calms your heart.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Sep 2015
Does anyone know if they showed his face

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Jun 27, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2017
ichii_1 said:

Wow. That gives us hope for future seasons.

I did like it personally and while it wasn't anything grand it reminded me of Slayers which I still like to this day so similar shows are definitely a plus.

The ending was alright for the most part, I liked how everything was concluded yet it remained open enough for the future.
Jun 27, 2017 12:05 PM
Mar 2015
Average at best 5/10
Jun 27, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2016
Had a very low expectations because of the last 2 airing anime that just finished airing which disappointed me greatly, and I thought this anime will be just like those two, but I was wrong -- I'm so glad I was wrong. I really loved this anime from start to finish. The animation was so beautiful, and loved when Albus kissed Youhei; that was so cute and Zero asking Youhei to kiss her, too. Hahaha. Cuties.

This anime is straight up 8/10 for me. I hope we get a season 2.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 27, 2017 12:11 PM

Jun 2016
Makoto_Free said:
Does anyone know if they showed his face

Who are you talking about? Are you talking about "Him"?

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 27, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
Decent ending, this show wasn't anything to write home about but I didn't think it was awful, so that's always a nice thing. These last few episodes were kind of meh, and the ending is quite obviously a "go to the source material" type of ending, but it was enjoyable for the most part. 6/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 27, 2017 12:26 PM
Feb 2010
I really liked this whole series. Sure, it was generic, but honestly it's not always a bad thing, I really enjoyed watching it.

It never got into lots of fanservice, the worldbuilding was great and the characters, even if they were a bit bland, they still kept their personality through the show.
Jun 27, 2017 12:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The best bit about the show was the dynamic between Zero and the Mercenary. The other characters were a bit meh at best.
I thought Thirteens conversion was too sudden. It should have been handled with more care.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
The only good thing about this was ED.
Jun 27, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2015
Not a bad finale, it was a decent way to end the show in my opinion.

Overall, an enjoyable show. Wouldn't mind another season.

8/10.

Jun 27, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
the best part ever "Youhei, Youhei, kiss me too"

I wanted to see Youhei's human form
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 27, 2017 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
Farabeuf said:
The best bit about the show was the dynamic between Zero and the Mercenary. The other characters were a bit meh at best.
I thought Thirteens conversion was too sudden. It should have been handled with more care.

I think it was fine because he wasn't the extreme opposite from the beginning. He just wanted to protect Zero but did it in the wrong way.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 27, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2016
Generic but I liked it, it did it's job well. The characters, specially Zero keept me intrested in this anime more than the story. The most important thing an anime can do for me is keep me entertained and it did.

7/10 wouldn't mind a sequel
Jun 27, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
I love this anime.. It was so beautiful . So far is my fav anime this year
Can't wait to see what happens next..Need season 2 NOW
I think i will start to read the Light novels
Final score 9/10

Jun 27, 2017 3:07 PM
Dec 2016
it was a good show...average ending but i liked the very end of the episode...this was a cute show
Jun 27, 2017 3:41 PM

Jul 2016
I liked this anime, because it was a breath of fresh air among all the other stuff I usually watch. However, right in the middle of the series, it kinda lost me...

Well, I hoped we'd see a human Mercenary. And man, if Thirteen had actually died, I would be sad. Also; Albus is my favourite character I love her so much AAAAAAAAAAAA

Overall: 7
Jun 27, 2017 3:45 PM

Dec 2015
An okay ending. Overall the anime was most of the times either bad or flat out boring, it had some of the most dumb and narrow minded characters I've seen in a while. 3/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 27, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
It was a "meh" ending to a terrible show. Most unoriginal and boring writing.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jun 27, 2017 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
While entertaining to some extent I feel like a lot of potential was wasted.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

82 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2017

113 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.