Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 26, 2017 1:15 PM

Nov 2010
Schierke using the Force on the guards was quite amusing
Releasing the hanged souls was an impressive deed and scene

Overall an excellent story this season still plagued by the horrendous animation choice
I hope they would just produce a few movies of these and use the collected money for a continuation drawn out to todays standard

Episode 4 entering the witch territory with golems around the place was for me the highlight
introducing the magical theme and all
Jun 26, 2017 3:26 PM
Apr 2017
Ayase said:
I can't wait for the next season , i've been following this anime for quite some time but if I'm waiting too long i'll eventually have to read the manga. :p

Some people would argue that the last episode in the season shouldn't be a 'filler' or some type but I beg to differ. I love it when they bring out a sentimental episode which imo makes me pumped to see more. I hope Guts can get revenge and Casca come to her senses. Hopefully the next season doesn't take too long!

(Maybe SnK & Berserk 2018 in the same season?) :o

Read the manga.. Don't wait another bad adaptation to read Berserk. Alot is skipped already. Don't do a disservice to you..
Jun 26, 2017 6:11 PM
May 2015
FUCKIN BEST ENDING EVER IN ANIME HISTORY!!

NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw I was banned so I couldn't reply earlier :(
Jun 26, 2017 10:07 PM

May 2015
AkuseruVIII said:
Ayase said:
I can't wait for the next season , i've been following this anime for quite some time but if I'm waiting too long i'll eventually have to read the manga. :p

Some people would argue that the last episode in the season shouldn't be a 'filler' or some type but I beg to differ. I love it when they bring out a sentimental episode which imo makes me pumped to see more. I hope Guts can get revenge and Casca come to her senses. Hopefully the next season doesn't take too long!

(Maybe SnK & Berserk 2018 in the same season?) :o

Read the manga.. Don't wait another bad adaptation to read Berserk. Alot is skipped already. Don't do a disservice to you..

I want to but I find it hard to get into manga than I can in anime, otherwise i'd be the manga man drilling through pages each day, how long is the manga and is it really better than the anime with all the adaptations?
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Jun 27, 2017 5:18 AM
Apr 2017
Ayase said:
AkuseruVIII said:

I want to but I find it hard to get into manga than I can in anime, otherwise i'd be the manga man drilling through pages each day, how long is the manga and is it really better than the anime with all the adaptations?

The manga is 351 chapters long ( 39 volumes in total ) and yes LOL It's way better than any anime adapatation.. All adpatations cuts characters , plot, arcs and nuances from the manga plus the manga is visualy better than any adaptation( after volume 9). The manga's art is just too good, serious..Godly.
AkuseruVIIIJun 27, 2017 5:22 AM
Jun 29, 2017 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
I'm very grateful for the awesomeness this series gives to me even if so many people talkshit about the studio & adaptation & animation...
4/5.
8/10.

Jun 29, 2017 12:03 PM
Apr 2017
matias067 said:
I'm very grateful for the awesomeness this series gives to me even if so many people talkshit about the studio & adaptation & animation...
4/5.
8/10.

And shit directing.. and shit camera.. and stop watching this and go read the manga..
This anime don't deserve a rating higher than 6.
Jun 29, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2017
AkuseruVIII said:

This anime don't deserve a rating higher than 6.

lol, it doesn't deserve a rating higher than 1.
Jun 29, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2015
AkuseruVIII said:
Ayase said:

The manga is 351 chapters long ( 39 volumes in total ) and yes LOL It's way better than any anime adapatation.. All adpatations cuts characters , plot, arcs and nuances from the manga plus the manga is visualy better than any adaptation( after volume 9). The manga's art is just too good, serious..Godly.

You have recommendations for websites or where i can read/buy berserk?
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Jun 30, 2017 2:52 AM
Mar 2012
CG did improve, but the fail 3d shots also get more jarring with showing to more 2d.
Sound also better with less CLANG.
Story itself kinda ok, mostly liked the Schierke dev. Farnese change was quite amazing too.
The relationships were the highlight this ep with witch vs seer, and knight vs Ishidoro (his fight was more exciting than the later sad Guts fights).
Guts & his inner demon/armor grew interesting, tho the ugly dog didnt convince anyone.
Thanks for ugly duckling reminding me this could be the best BL ever.

Jun 30, 2017 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
Decent final episode and this one is better than last season but still not a good one compared to the original.
If there's new season next year, I probably won't watch it anymore because I'm getting sick of the animation.
Anyway I'll rate this a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2017 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
This season was better than the 2016 anime, IMO. That still wasn't good enough, though.
The directiion was a lot better than 2016, animation was also a lot better even though there were some inconsistencies, sound design was a little bit better. And they adapt the story pretty well, I guess.
I love some OST from this season, like Hai Yo and Ash Crow. The OP itself was good IMO and it suits Berserk more than the OP from first season.
I like Schierke as a character even more because of this adaptation. I came to appreciate her existence beside Guts.

My complaints in this season:
- I love Hai Yo, just as much as I love everything Susumu Hirasawa made for Berserk. But I think they overused this OST.
- The animation quality got to the point where I thought it was decent, but then they dropped the ball at around episode 9. I appreciate the last 2 minutes of this episode, though.
- I, myself, think that comparing art/cinematography between manga and anime isn't fair at all. But I still think they failed to adapt and emphasize some big moments from the manga. With that said, they did adapt some scenes successfully, like when they show how Guts felt when he put on the Berserker Armor for the first time, the sense of comradery that Guts felt after he fought the Trolls, and how he felt when the armor took control over him.
- This is a more like a nitpick than a complaint, but
Jun 30, 2017 11:29 PM
Apr 2009
Asore said:
Watched the episode only to see would it hint season 3.

Hopefully story continues. Now that mango is in hiatus and anime ended, world will be berserkless place for a long time.
the manga is coming back this winter, so not really that long of a wait.
Jul 1, 2017 12:42 PM

Oct 2015
I was not sure if I would watch this season compared to how bad last season was. Season was all about SEX SELLS AND RAW VIOLENCE kinda vibe, this season it was sliced down a bit by a giant sword of good ol' anime fun. I think this season was better and the art was impressive and story line was bearable especially the intro of new characters to the story. Season 4 Will be mine.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 2, 2017 12:46 AM

Jul 2008
The ending animation was such a tease....the whole series should have been done like that.

And that was a pretty weak endpoint all things considered with what happened during the season.

6/10
Jul 2, 2017 1:37 AM

Mar 2009
Drachen said:

When Schierke has a smile to rival even Casca's...

I thought it was a pretty sweet ending, though not as conclusive as one would like (but their hands are tied with the 12-episode format). As it was a Schierke-focused episode, that genuinely helped bring it up a bit. The whole thing with respecting the dead, meeting up with Sonia, and Mule's bro-fighting with Isidoro was also fun to see, showing a lot of development and potential development for the future.

The Ugly Duckling tale, particularly, was something I saw as quite creative, and it did well to convey Sonia's childlike reverence towards Griffith and the Band while also retaining some legitimacy as it's quite honest as an analogy.

Schierke really impressed me with being able to stay with Guts' group, whether out of her loyalty to him or her own personal understanding that there is where she needs to be. The events at the pub at the end of the episode should have done well to emphasize she made the correct decision. Speaking of that scene, was it as painful as anyone else as it was for me? Too many flashbacks to the original Band of the Hawk...

Also, pirates. I don't know why it was so god damn hilarious to see them, especially as the final enemies of a Berserk season, but there you have it. At least Guts had a chance to rest, as it seems like every future battle he's going to fuck himself up more thanks to the (albeit badass) Berserker Armor.

Great post, Drachen. And nice to see so much love for Schierke! Because I don't think she gets enough. She's a wonderful character.

Well, folks, now that Berserk is over, the director can get back to his one true love for the summer: Teekyu season 9.
Whether we get another season or not remains to be seen. Let's just hope it's animated in the same style they went with at the end of this episode.

MormegilJul 2, 2017 1:42 AM
Jul 2, 2017 9:59 AM

Aug 2016
Mormegil said:

Great post, Drachen. And nice to see so much love for Schierke! Because I don't think she gets enough. She's a wonderful character.

Well, folks, now that Berserk is over, the director can get back to his one true love for the summer: Teekyu season 9.
Whether we get another season or not remains to be seen. Let's just hope it's animated in the same style they went with at the end of this episode.

Cheers, mate! At least we can give her all the appreciation she deserves <3

We could only be so lucky if we got what we saw at the end. I would honestly be content with them using the CG for battle scenes (despite Berserk partially being about the fighting) with the more medium or talkative scenes depicted normally. I don't know if it's also a matter of inexperience or apathy, but there is most certainly a financial interest in keeping the pattern that they have thus far. Unfortunately, money is king.
Jul 5, 2017 2:12 PM
Mar 2016
What , that's it, we're gonna have to wait for another season?!
Jul 6, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2008
Akarasu said:
Why in the name of Godhands, isn't all the anime like the last sequence ?

my exact words. I mean seriously? It was just salt to my wounds.
Jul 8, 2017 6:23 AM

Aug 2016
The return of the Berserk on the screen in 2016 lowered my expectations enough to be able to enjoy it. I just get used to this animation and now when manga is on hiatus again this is only berserk I got, so I was happy. And this last episode was berserk unlike really funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
Nice that they announced a new season :). I want to follow their journey.

I preferred this season. The animation was still crappy, but not as much as the first one. The pacing was better too.
Guts was so badass and for once his companions were strong too. I think that is the main reason why I preferred this season.
I am looking forward to seeing Casca recover from her madness.
SakaitsuJul 12, 2017 11:22 AM
Jul 25, 2017 6:03 PM
Jan 2008
stupid and childish way of ending this whole medicore season, only the short fight against that dragon was interesting, what a shame.
Aug 3, 2017 8:51 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Guess I'll be the first to say I loved every single second of Berserk 2016 and 2017. Both seasons I marathoned whole thing in a day. Super thrilling, exciting, and action-packed !!! The music that plays Hai Yo when Guts about to fight and swing his BIG BAD BLACK SWORD gets me so hype for action ! XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 8, 2017 8:25 PM

Apr 2010
I appreciated the bar scene at the end, reminding us how not shitastic this could have been.
Sep 6, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
A nice Schierke centered episode at the end. I really liked her bonding with Sonia. Too bad they're on opposite sites.

Overall I liked this season more than the first. However they ended it at a point which felt kinda random. I liked the additions to the cast as well.
Sep 11, 2017 4:16 PM
Dec 2014
5/10 for the story,the soundtrack and voice acting and 0 for animation so 5/10 for this season just like the 2016 season.
Nov 23, 2017 6:45 AM

May 2012
Different of an episode than what I expected from this last episode of this second season. While I still am not a fan of the CGI, it was still rather enjoyable and quite intense.

So all in all a decent watch!
Nov 23, 2017 6:49 AM

Nov 2017
I want them to pretend this series never happened and just cover every arc with films like the last 3 - PLEASE FFS!
Dec 6, 2017 2:14 AM

Nov 2016
too many questions and was too confusing overall. an overimaginative lore does more harm than good.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 7, 2017 12:26 AM

Apr 2017
FONZACUS said:
too many questions and was too confusing overall. an overimaginative lore does more harm than good.

You think the lore is the problem of this anime? lol
Dec 8, 2017 9:35 AM
Apr 2017
FONZACUS said:

Well , no woders they decide to end in the worst way possible , in middle of a arc.
Dec 11, 2017 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
@up and @upup
well i do prefer comedy, everything else pretty much the back and main story are important to me. sure there were other flaws but im no graphics whore, i want gameplay.
#dwarffortress
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 21, 2017 12:59 AM

Mar 2015
I thought it was a good way to end the season! Building up to a great third season which I will definitely watch!

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 31, 2017 7:15 AM
Feb 2015
This anime is great

Lots of action and dangerous situations

dont care what anyone says about cg
Feb 16, 2018 5:05 AM

Oct 2015
They completely omitted the emperor, the full-moon child, and Azan.... the animations of the last few episodes gone downhill as well.
Apr 8, 2018 3:28 PM
Jan 2012
Good season finale. Isidro so very rude,but in the final of episode hes recognize the value of schierke for the group of Guts. Schierke began recognize the value for Guts and your friends.
This blondie girl is allie of Griffith. I hope 3rd season in 2018 or 2020. Good history.
Dec 18, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Isidora channeling his inner dark souls.

Good series. I'll give this one a 7/10, where as the first gets an 8/10. This one seemed to be a lot more build up and exposition than anything, which isn't bad.. It's just, not all that great either. Especially with the small amount of episodes we get.

Here's hoping Berserk 2019 will exist..
Jan 2, 2019 4:04 PM
Jan 2017
ok.. this anime is very goog for me,, i can see enought gore here, torture, nudity, corpse and seem darkest year on the human history,,
the story is very interestinng,, here griffith is back and begin his ambition to take over the country and become new king bring the strong aspotle,, and guts take witch with them and starting to meet the fairy queen again griffith,,

in the last episode its telling about what thw witch feel, she finaly found her place in that group,, and the ending with her smile,, amazing ending
Mar 19, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2016
Of course, this being Berserk, the story's definitely a 10 but the adaptation had a lot of things that could have been done a lot better but I actually had a lot of fun watching this because it is Berserk after all and numerous parts throughout were done really well. I wish they could've sticked to making everything animated in 2D instead because they did a pretty decent job with the art anyway.

Schierke and Sonia's fated meeting was nice to watch, with the little witch deciding to stay after seeing the hunky Black Swordsman waiting for her being my favorite part. It would have been a lot funnier if they had the pirate say that he couldn't swim before getting whacked with the oar by Isidro like in the manga.

Azan's reappearance was skipped along with Guts' amazing fight with Daiba on the beach, and the whole Charlotte rescue operation so that's a bummer. I hope another studio redos this and include all the missing parts too.

Aug 23, 2019 10:28 PM

May 2018
Basically a Berserk season full of fantasy, I love this more than 2016 although this is an incomplete arc. Having an explanation about the universe, Griffith's return, Berserker Armor, Band of the Hawks return, Physical and Astral world combining, and magic. I wish there will be a nice adaptation for Berserk, I'd love to see this along with the 2016 to get a nice animation and plot.
EsieEyenAug 28, 2019 3:33 AM

Sep 29, 2019 6:12 PM

Jan 2011
this was one of the worst parts of the manga, even if it had animation that was acceptable still wouldnt ve made this show much better

3.5/10
Dec 23, 2019 4:13 PM
May 2019
This was a really out of place episode. Didn't feel like a finale at all. Oh well, overall this show was fine I guess. It certainly was better than its prequel.
Feb 9, 2020 10:11 AM
Feb 2020
Well i never thought i would say this but damn human nature i really liked the series if not for bad cgi it would be on the level of vinland saga bcz story is pretty good and once u get used to bad cgi it feels ok
Jun 27, 2021 4:24 PM

Apr 2012
>maiden clothes Schierke
lmao

Bit of a weird spot to end but as good as any I suppose.

Fascinating season in terms of lore and epicness, but fight wise I think 2016 worked better, had a more blow for blow feeling. 2017 generally feels more polished though. Hoping for a new season soon.
EratiKJun 27, 2021 4:29 PM
Oct 3, 2021 9:02 PM

Jan 2021
Damn that’s it it’s still a good episode and it says it will continue but it’s been around 5 years since this finished airing but it’s fine I’ll definitely begin reading the manga
Apr 25, 2022 6:36 PM

May 2020
S2 was definitely a step above the first season. Enough has been said about the character models and movement, but the cinematography and shot composition were noticeably better across the board this season. I think the story was presented well too. This episode was a nice way to end things, and it even went full 2D for the last few minutes, which was cool to see.

Since it never got another season, I'll definitely be picking up the manga now. Although there were some parts I really didn't care for (namely, the troll cave), I was satisfied enough by the latter half of the story and the ending to give it an 8/10.
Apr 28, 2022 4:58 AM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
The ending animation was such a tease....the whole series should have been done like that.

And that was a pretty weak endpoint all things considered with what happened during the season.

6/10

I agree, they ended it just as stuff was about to get good... What a shambles.
Jun 30, 2022 5:21 PM
Jan 2017

The mixed between 2D and 3D is very awfull and disturbing,, specialy for the weird char desaign when the mean it to comedy section but no it just disaster,, but i love the gore and blood and story feel good and dark,, so i can still love it beside the grapich
Aug 3, 2022 10:46 PM

Oct 2013
Omitting very important bit of the story (ch. 231-235) that concluded the Holy Evil War Chapter of Millenium Falcon arc, and starting another sub arc without finishing it, was a mistake in my opinion. Unadapted part of the story could've been a wonderful finale to this anime. Welp, it wasn't the first time where something was not adapted.

Season 2's finale was an ambitious attempt to adapt 5 chapters in just one episode of standard length. I think the creators succeeded in delivering an okay adaptation. Not perfect, of course. You could feel that the story was quite rushed, and that few character interactions seemed to suffer from it as well, but it was not as bad. It wasn't good either, but it was far from something I'd call as extremely bad.
Dec 28, 2022 9:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Not the strongest finish imo but it was nice to see two members from opposing sides form a little bonding and that precious witch smile, in the end, was pretty nice. Guts is really winning the hearts of the female cast here, lmao. 

Unlike the 1st season, it felt like the story was being covered at a faster pace and there seemed to be multiple arcs so I wasn't as engaged but that's not to say it didn't make up for it in other ways. In particular, it was nice to see the concept of magic here and it's been a while since we've seen an upgrade to Guts strength and outfit. Seems like something he might be prone to overusing but it could be a dealbreaker in tight moments to come. God, the usage of the Guts theme song by the way, it was almost meme-like at times, redundant but it's a banger so no complaints. 

Entertaining Farnese - Casca, Schierke x Isidro and Farnese x Serpico moments here and there throughout the season, and it was nice to see Guts appreciating some company as well. Griffith appears to have created another Band of Hawks with members with a great war resume, meanwhile xD. A clash between the two is inevitable and that's probably why Guts snuck out of the group in the end there. 

I hope some sort of sequel to the memorial edition is announced so that the chances of going beyond this point in the manga will be there. Definitely curious to see how things progress from here on, might check out the manga if there's no news of it whatsoever for a while. 

6/10, as well. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

85 by Revanant1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 20, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:08 PM

» 3rd season?

Arddaa52 - Jul 5, 2021

19 by Amirsalar88 »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

70 by vincxntt »»
Aug 25, 2022 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.