Forums

TV Anime 'Shingeki no Kyojin' Gets 3rd Season

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 17, 2017 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Robiiii said:
Illyricus said:
The thing is, it doesn't matters if you want it or not, is that we will have it independently of what you think about the matter :v

Released in 2018, the highly anticipated Attack on Titan is finally available for everyone to enjoy. Rated 7.99 on MAL, and is a must watch for everyone!

Amazing reviews for S3 be like
Okay I guess - PlebDude669
Not enough action - ActionFag334
And ofcourse
This is not Tatami Galaxy - CynicalBoi661
I just can't, really. You win the Internet this time, buddy.

The sad truth is that what you posted will be probably what will happen.
Jun 17, 2017 8:00 AM
Dec 2013
Great news! It'll be awesome if the third season was 2-cours, but that is probably very unlikely.
Jun 17, 2017 8:02 AM

Jan 2014
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES!!!
Jun 17, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2016
YES!
Hope that they won't delay it anymore.
Jun 17, 2017 8:04 AM

Oct 2013
The fact that they showed him at the end of season 2, gives me hope that the 3rd season may be 2 cour.
Jun 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2014
IMPORTANT FYI FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN’T LIKE THE SECOND SEASON BECAUSE THERE “WASN’T ENOUGH ACTION” AND “TOO MUCH TALKING”: Don’t even bother watching this season. The arc this season (or the first half at least, if it's 2 cour) will cover is probably the most dialogue heavy arc in the entire series, and you won’t be getting a lot of the mindless, flashy action that you crave. The focus shifts away from Titans for a while, and instead this arc focuses more on inner political turmoil. So again, if you didn’t like the second season because of the bullshit reasons above (nothing but action would be more boring, in my opinion, and we kind of need that “pointless talking” to answer our questions and you know…..develop the damn story and characters), this season would be even worse for the action junkies.

Let’s face it though, the people that this post applies to are going to completely ignore this warning and watch season three anyway, and then they’ll complain week after week after week despite the fact that I, and many others, warned them about the nature of this upcoming arc.

AND CAN WE GET ANOTHER LIT OPENING SONG FROM LINKED HORIZON PLEASE.
thebrentinator24Jun 17, 2017 8:35 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2015
Season 2 was far better as anime compared to the shitshow first season.. Hopefully s3 will be even better! :3
Jun 17, 2017 8:23 AM

Apr 2016
Illyricus said:
Let's hope the politics arc will make more people salty. This season was disappointing in terms of saltiness.

The Uprising arc was one of the best arcs in the manga. Don't see any reason to get salty.

The action fanatics and casuals/normies though? Salt.
Jun 17, 2017 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
BriBri812 said:
Better not be delayed until 2020 lol and pls have more Levi

Next season should have a lot of Levi.

Danae said:
I'M ALIVE

thank god tbh, i was getting worried what with s2 (which was fantastic imo) ending today. i hope it doesn't get delayed again lol

also i've heard the next arc is about politics but I don't think this would be necessarily bad. I mean some people during s2 were complaining when there was no action but action is not necessary in order for something to be good/interesting

question for the manga readers, is the next arc long? like, do you think it will be covered in 12 or 24 episodes?

Exactly, action isn't necessary for something to be good/interesting, but if season 2, which honestly had a decent amount of action, was getting complaints from action junkies for "not having enough action," just imagine how those same people will feel about the politics arc that has even less action and way more dialogue.

To answer your question, the next arc (the politics one) is 20 chapters, so I think it could be covered in 12 episodes if S3 is 12/13 episodes. The arc after that is 21 chapters, so if S3 is 25 episodes like S1, I think they could adapt both arcs in one season. I think that would be a better idea because if the reaction to the politics arc is as bad as I'm predicting it will be, idk if it would be a smart idea to make it its own standalone season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
BriBri812 said:
Better not be delayed until 2020 lol and pls have more Levi

Next season should have a lot of Levi.

Danae said:
I'M ALIVE

thank god tbh, i was getting worried what with s2 (which was fantastic imo) ending today. i hope it doesn't get delayed again lol

also i've heard the next arc is about politics but I don't think this would be necessarily bad. I mean some people during s2 were complaining when there was no action but action is not necessary in order for something to be good/interesting

question for the manga readers, is the next arc long? like, do you think it will be covered in 12 or 24 episodes?

Exactly, action isn't necessary for something to be good/interesting, but if season 2, which honestly had a decent amount of action, was getting complaints from action junkies for "not having enough action," just imagine how those same people will feel about the politics arc that has even less action and way more dialogue.

To answer your question, the next arc (the politics one) is 20 chapters, so I think it could be covered in 12 episodes if S3 is 12/13 episodes. The arc after that is 21 chapters, so if S3 is 25 episodes like S1, I think they could adapt both arcs in one season. I think that would be a better idea because if the reaction to the politics arc is as bad as I'm predicting it will be, idk if it would be a smart idea to make it its own standalone season.

Oh I see, thanks for the insightful reply. I haven't the faintest about the manga, but maybe that last bit with the beast titan could be a teaser? Tbh I don't know if it's included in the uprising arc but if it's not then this could be a hint that the beast titan will be dealt with in S3. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I will remain cautiously optimistic.
Jun 17, 2017 8:40 AM

Jul 2013
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Illyricus said:
Let's hope the politics arc will make more people salty. This season was disappointing in terms of saltiness.

The Uprising arc was one of the best arcs in the manga. Don't see any reason to get salty.

The action fanatics and casuals/normies though? Salt.
That is pretty much the salt I am expecting. The one of the action fags.
Jun 17, 2017 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
So, they finally revealed Z huh? I really like him, even though he's sort of a dick.
Jun 17, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
GOD BLESS

Life have no meaning without Snk
Jun 17, 2017 8:52 AM
Oct 2016
If you watch this only for the action. This anime isn't for you. πŸ˜‚
Jun 17, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2015
did the anime skip or changed anything from the manga????PLZ ANSWER #DON'T SPOIL
Jun 17, 2017 9:05 AM
Dec 2011
One thing for sure is that it will require 3 more cours if the manga will end at between Ch105-110. Maybe the third season will be split cours, each cour covering an arc. The first cour will end at around Ch70 and the second one will end at Ch90 or 91. Then the third cour will cover the rest.
Jun 17, 2017 9:08 AM

Jan 2017
YEEEEEEAAAH, at least we don't have to wait 4 years like the first season haha
Jun 17, 2017 9:15 AM

Oct 2013

@Robiiii @Hongu @jc9622 @Symphyon @Illyricus @bwoii @Z4k @Danae @ClickBaitBuster @alpha_shadow

Season 3 is confirmed to be 2 cour with this ad, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jzElmpJeM

Don't know how wit is going to manage this, but they already confirmed it to be 2 cour, so they will probably get more staff on the project.

Jun 17, 2017 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:

@Robiiii @Hongu @jc9622 @Symphyon @Illyricus @bwoii @Z4k @Danae @ClickBaitBuster @alpha_shadow

Season 3 is confirmed to be 2 cour with this ad, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jzElmpJeM

Don't know how wit is going to manage this, but they already confirmed it to be 2 cour, so they will probably get more staff on the project.

I can't speak much but I think unless they can do it on a LATER date that will fuck up a lot. Most likely on the production side of things if that makes sense.

Disagree or not taking stuff aside you have to take into account that they have Mahoutsukai no Yome and Kabaneri around, especially since Mahoutsukai no Yome having a 2-cour while Kabaneri goes around next year. So... unless they do it on a later date or sometime around 2019 where they don't have much its going to cause problems. This is just getting some jist of info at least for their end.
Jun 17, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2015
YEEEEEEEEEEET I JUST HOPE THERE'S MORE LEVI PLS
Jun 17, 2017 9:19 AM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:

that's great, thanks for the heads-up!
Jun 17, 2017 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Symphyon said:
keragamming said:

I can't speak much but I think unless they can do it on a LATER date that will fuck up a lot. Most likely on the production side of things if that makes sense.

Disagree or not taking stuff aside you have to take into account that they have Mahoutsukai no Yome and Kabaneri around, especially since Mahoutsukai no Yome having a 2-cour while Kabaneri goes around next year. So... unless they do it on a later date or sometime around 2019 where they don't have much its going to cause problems. This is just getting some jist of info at least for their end.

Well, its confirmed 2018 and it will be 2 cour, so it is what it is.
Jun 17, 2017 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:
Symphyon said:

Well, its confirmed 2018 and it will be 2 cour, so it is what it is.

Yeah. It's going to be problematic though but well, I wish for the better for the stuff they have in hands despite my opinions honestly. So.
Jun 17, 2017 9:29 AM
May 2013
keragamming said:

where does it say it's 2-cour? don't think the image of the scouts at the sea is proof enough...
Jun 17, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
Say what, season 3? Has Japanese finally learned to count past 2?
Jun 17, 2017 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
felipecardel said:
keragamming said:

where does it say it's 2-cour? don't think the image of the scouts at the sea is proof enough...

it shows from volume 13-22 its a snk season 3 teaser. Add 1+1 and you will get your answer.
Jun 17, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2014
Not had chance to catch the final episode yet but this is awesome news!! Winter is already gonna be a great season~

Honestly I was so scared we'd have to wait another 3 or 4 years, in which case the fandom would probably be dead af.

For me AoT is one of those series where you need to watch the anime before- or istead of- the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:

How could u tell? Is it coz they showed the scene where theyre at the beach or something?
Jun 17, 2017 9:43 AM
May 2013
keragamming said:
felipecardel said:

it shows from volume 13-22 its a snk season 3 teaser. Add 1+1 and you will get your answer.

yeah, seems conclusive enough. still waiting for an official announcement regarding the length because i don't really see how Wit will manage to not screw this up. really hope the 4 year delay had to do with season 3, otherwise this might be a trainwreck.
Jun 17, 2017 9:45 AM

Oct 2013
Robiiii said:
keragamming said:

How could u tell? Is it coz they showed the scene where theyre at the beach or something?

season 2 adapted only 4 volumes, the snk season 3 teaser showed from volume 13-22. No way they can fit so many volumes in 12 episodes, so it must be 2 cour.

@felipecardel

its pretty obvious they planned all this before season 2 even had aired.
Jun 17, 2017 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Robiiii said:

The video shows volume covers of volume 13 - 22. The two arcs are the longest arcs of the story so they'll definitely need 24 - 25 episodes.
Jun 17, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Well, at least they aren't gonna make us wait 4 years for another season this time.
Jun 17, 2017 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Hopefully gets delayed so they focus in making Kabaneri better.
Jun 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2017
>From my point of view seeing Third Season :

Exactly New Arcs... -_-

>Wit Studio just keep making us wait, they better do something about the whole key basement in the new arc and Rod Reiss (Huge Gap from the manga indeed)
-HippySnob-Jun 17, 2017 10:07 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 17, 2017 10:09 AM

May 2015
THEY BETTER GIVE US MORE US LEVI THIS TIME
Chikushō

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jun 17, 2017 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
Next arc is going to be the most boring arc in AoT. But after that, it will be the best arc in AoT.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 17, 2017 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
TheGeniusBaka said:
THEY BETTER GIVE US MORE US LEVI THIS TIME
Chikushō

I assure you there will be plenty of levi in the next season. :)
Jun 17, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2009
YES! I'm glad they didn't make us wait for the announcement
Jun 17, 2017 10:20 AM

May 2015
See? I told you so.
Jun 17, 2017 10:22 AM

Aug 2012
It was kinda expected.
Jun 17, 2017 10:25 AM

Aug 2015
Yaaaay!!!! So the studio decided this so soon!!! 2018 is getting better and better now..!! Hype for 2018 XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jun 17, 2017 10:34 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
And no-one was surprised at the announcement, which is a good thing because at least now we won't have to wait 4 years for another season

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Jun 17, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2014
Lmao at all these going like 'omg action tards going be so salty'

no shit, people like this anime for the action (because this is the part that's good about it, unlike shitty characterization or anything else really)
if it fails to deliver that, people will be disappointed and rightly so
Jun 17, 2017 10:40 AM

Oct 2013
Imaishi said:

no shit, people like this anime for the action (because this is the part that's good about it, unlike shitty characterization or anything else really)

s3 is confirmed 2 cour though, so that arc wont be a stand alone arc like the second season. So the complaints will be temporarily.
Jun 17, 2017 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Symphyon said:
keragamming said:

Lets not forget the three 60 minute film for Donten ni Warau which will premiere next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-04-17/laughing-under-the-clouds-gaiden-anime-film-listed-with-3-installments/.114951

You could already tell the second season's production was starting to have some trouble in the second half of the series by relying heavily in CG and a bunch of still shots so imagine how a 2 cour will end up like.
Jun 17, 2017 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
The fact that they showed him at the end of season 2, gives me hope that the 3rd season may be 2 cour.
Did you look at one of the Visuals? It shows the end of the "Return of *spoiler*" arc
Sup...
Jun 17, 2017 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Imaishi said:

s3 is confirmed 2 cour though, so that arc wont be a stand alone arc like the second season. So the complaints will be temporarily.
And the arc will be 12 Episodes Weekly, instead of 18 Chapters Monthly
Sup...
Jun 17, 2017 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
keragamming said:
Did you look at one of the Visuals? It shows the end of the "Return of *spoiler*" arc

I made that comment before I saw the s3 teaser, I know its going to be 2 cours.
Jun 17, 2017 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
IMPORTANT FYI FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN’T LIKE THE SECOND SEASON BECAUSE THERE “WASN’T ENOUGH ACTION” AND “TOO MUCH TALKING”: Don’t even bother watching this season. The arc this season (or the first half at least, if it's 2 cour) will cover is probably the most dialogue heavy arc in the entire series, and you won’t be getting a lot of the mindless, flashy action that you crave. The focus shifts away from Titans for a while, and instead this arc focuses more on inner political turmoil. So again, if you didn’t like the second season because of the bullshit reasons above (nothing but action would be more boring, in my opinion, and we kind of need that “pointless talking” to answer our questions and you know…..develop the damn story and characters), this season would be even worse for the action junkies.

Let’s face it though, the people that this post applies to are going to completely ignore this warning and watch season three anyway, and then they’ll complain week after week after week despite the fact that I, and many others, warned them about the nature of this upcoming arc.

AND CAN WE GET ANOTHER LIT OPENING SONG FROM LINKED HORIZON PLEASE.

If that's the truth then that's honestly a pretty stupid move. I'm not an "action junkie" by any stretch of the imagination but even I can see that the biggest positive and incentive to watch this big dumb show is for the mindless and flashy action set-pieces. None of the political intrigues are interesting or well done and the author obviously doesn't have the writing chops to make them more worthwhile, not to mention that the characters are all a bunch of drama queens that seem to lack any sort of common sense and survival instinct (minus one or two Mary sues...of course) despite the series being initially portrayed as part of the "survival genre".
Jun 17, 2017 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
Just hoping it won't get delayed like this second one.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 8 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
8 hours ago

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Dragon Ball' Creator Akira Toriyama Dies at 68 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Vindstot - Mar 7

165 by LusenProd »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

7 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.