3It was OK
5.9%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.6
881 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, Bakugo vs Todoroki....the final of this tournament. Up to this point, both guys has proved themselves that they've earned this spot.

I think the fight was pretty intense and much expected with explosiveness.
Bakugo won but he didn't seem too pleased about it. I felt bad for Iida since he heard the bad news about his brother. Can't wait for the next second half/arc to start as we'll definitely get more bloody action coming up!
Jun 17, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2012
It's Bakugo vs Todoroki in the final round! Bakugo is anxious to prove himself and certainly comes at Todoroki full force. But after his mind got shattered by Deku Todoroki's....really not feeling it. Bakugo wins! Though the victory feels...somewhat hollow without Todoroki using full power. As Bakugo so animatedly conveyed during the award ceremony. :D Still, a lot to chew on for several characters after this arc. Iida his brother. Todoroki his mom...and dad I guess, and Uraraka's got her parents too. To say nothing of Young Midoriya's power control problems. So after a bit of downtime for all involved just where will our story go from here?
animefan8800Jun 17, 2017 2:59 AM
Jun 17, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2016
bakugo is so funny tHEY LEGIT CHAINED HIM UP!!!1 i honestly wouldn't have minded if either of them won buT DAMN todoroki looked so sad during the fight, my heart goes out to him

Jun 17, 2017 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
Make sure to keep watching after the credits, since there are extra scenes. I suppose they didn't include them in the main portion of the episode so that they wouldn't ruin the mood of the Todoroki scene.

Very good episode. I know that there will be some that will be mad at the final fight, and I can understand why. I personally like the fight, but I can't deny that it's anti-climactic. I just hope people understand that it's intentionally meant to be that way.

I also thought that the build up of Todoroki going to see his mother was really well done in the anime. This season has been great.

Can't wait for the next arc, it's even better than the Sports Festival imo. I wonder when we'll get the new OP.
NakurawariJun 17, 2017 3:14 AM
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Jun 17, 2017 3:04 AM

Mar 2008
Deku is a true hero. Nothing will change that. I teared up when Iida went to see his brother and laughed my ass off at Bakugo's reaction. I also come to hate Endeavor more and more.
Jun 17, 2017 3:11 AM

Oct 2015
The episode was handled a lot better than I expected coming off what I remember of the manga material and how anti-climactic the ending of the tournament was. The Howitzer was pretty cool.

Still, to this day it irks me how Bakugo gets constantly praised all the while being a melodramatic dickhead 24/7 though. It's starting to look like enabling. The teachers should really tell him to calm the fuck down as his fits of anger and jealousy are not hero material. Sadly even in the manga that has yet to happen.
Jun 17, 2017 3:14 AM
Mar 2016
This was definitely even better than in the manga. I didn't expect to tear up at the scene where Todoroki sees his mother for the first time after years. Really great adaptation and this arc is still one of my top 3 arcs of the entire series. I have faith that the next arc will be adapted as well as this one was.
Jun 17, 2017 3:16 AM

Oct 2011
Pretty short, yet exciting fight. I was so sure Todoroki would win considering his development from Deku's fight, and how he would probably better represent a "hero" better than Todoroki. Regardless, I thought it was nice and funny to see Bakugo reject first place due to his opponent not being at full potential. I guess this gave room for Todoroki's further development when he goes to see his mom.
KefkirothJun 17, 2017 3:29 AM
Jun 17, 2017 3:22 AM

Jul 2014
aaa lots of todoroki feels this week too. loved his fight against kacchan, and kacchan's first place lmao. great animation as usual. kacchan post credits teeth brushing
Jun 17, 2017 3:28 AM

Jan 2009
lol Bakugo and his insecurity of being doubted as number 1 is never boring

and nice that Todoroki starting line is to save his mother
while Deku starting line is to learn how to control his quirk
Jun 17, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Bakugou wants total victory, nothing less. Unfortunately Todoroki was too sidetracked in trying to find out what he really wants to do.

The fight was short but awesome, the animation was really really good. Bakugou maneuvering himself with his quirk is just so cool to see and Todoroki ice sliding was awesome as well. Bakugou's final Howitizer smash looked epic, damn I'd love to see a true fight between these two.

ALL MIGHT THEME! It's been so long since I heard that, nice of All Might to give each of the winners some advice. Bakugou being chained is totally epic. Great OST usage as always.

I'd Congratulate Bakugou for his win but as he says, "Even if the world recognizes it, if I don't recognize it myself then it's trash." Bakugou with them quotes. XD

Iida's brother is in pretty bad shape while Todoroki goes to confront his Mom in the hopes he can move forward.

Holy shit! I was legit scared when Uraraka's parents came running toward her when she opened the door. XD
Deku's mom fainted 7 times, new record. :3
That Bakugou brushing. XDD

Time to pick out hero names next week.
Plus Ultra!
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I Loved this fight in this final between Bakugo and Todoroki, is all the i expected!!!!

Jan 2015
Not a very good time for Todoroki to fight in that unstable state, for sure. But looking at Bakugo's Victory state... Oh forget it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 17, 2017 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Bakugou vs Todoroki was cool, although Bakugou was not satisfied in the end. Todoroki uneasy about using his left side.
Congrats Tokoyami in 3rd place, Todoroki in 2nd place and LOL Bakugou in 1st place. All chained up & pissed.
All Might is such an inspiration giving the winners advice as well as everyone else.

Poor Iida seeing Tensei in a bad condition.
Todoroki seeing his Mom. Hopefully he can resolve his issues.
LOL Uraraka's eye popping out. Great to see her parents.

Overall the Sports Festival Arc was enjoyable & amazing. Studio Bones have done an amazing job so far. Cannot wait to see the next arc.

Choosing Hero names sounds like fun.

Plus Ultra!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 17, 2017 3:32 AM

Nov 2014
This episode was adapted PERFECTLY! I have NO REGRETS!!!
My favorite scenes have been adapted PERFECTLY!

STILL being handcuffed and biting onto that thing hm? Feisty... I like it~

AND DON'T FORGET TO WATCH AFTER THE ENDING SONG!

All my favorite panels have been perfectly adapted, and some even better than the manga! I have nothing to regret now!
Tokoyami surprised lol

And lastly, these two background characters have the face of a protagonist of their own series lol

the girl looks like the main girl of Fukutome Noise whatever that name is. the guy on the left looks familiar but i can grasp the name

Mod Edit: Please post one screenshot only
AlfyanJun 18, 2017 5:16 AM
Jun 17, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
Great ending to the arc. Fight was great even if it was short and anticlimactic but I suppose that was the point.

Dem feels with Todoroki and Iida ;_; p

I like how Uraraka's mother put her eyeball back into place.

I liked the manga version of this scene better but this was still hilarious!
Jun 17, 2017 3:41 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode and adaptation. Was nice to see this fight animated.
Jun 17, 2017 3:41 AM

Aug 2014
They made an anti-climatic final battle look fucking amazing, this season is honestly just way too good.
Scene after credits scared the SHIT out of me, what the fuck. At least we had this super cute expression from the best girl (who's not a frog) so it's cool
Jun 17, 2017 3:42 AM

Jan 2014
Damn they did a good adapting it.

Was expecting to see people upset that Todoroki lost against Bakugo but nice to see people understood the purpose of the fight. More greatness incoming tho~

Jun 17, 2017 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
I'm sick of Bakugou, he should check in for a therapist appointment.
I won't even mention all that screaming from that blond commentator..
Like chill the fuck down.
Jun 17, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2016
Great episode as always, now that the first part of the season is over, let's see how they will handle the second part, there is no reason for the quality to drop, so all we can expect is more BNHA greatness!
My latest Hajime no Ippo AMV:
Jun 17, 2017 4:07 AM

May 2012
Great episode.

Iida and Todoroki are finally on track to being bros. Next arc should have some development for Iida so that's something to look forward to.

Like someone said, they managed to make Todoroki vs Bakugou not that disappointing so props to Bones on that.

Jun 17, 2017 4:11 AM
Mar 2010
I like how BONES stays true to every panel of the manga. This is what you call respect from anime maker to the manga author.

I feel sorry for Bakugo. His obsession to be number one just keeps plummeting on a bad note. If a mano-e-mano fight between him and Todoroki happens, it's a given it'll be one heck of a fight but Deku messing with Todoroki left the Half-half an emotional mess. This is the only moment I rue Deku on my entire BNHA experience. His talk-no-jutsu is becoming more and more like a popular ninja protagonist XD
Jun 17, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2016
I can't take this anymore, Bakugou is insanely triggered and can't even stop! xD Even he said "I pledge that I'll be the number one." Then he just didn't want the medal, I'm literally done with this guy xD. So I was amazed that we all get chance to see some character's parents which is not relief anymore, it's pretty satisfied. I'm sure that the Sports Festival Arc is now finished (Episode 12) and we're traveling to Stain Arc. (I don't know but I'm sure.)

Mod Edit: Please use one screenshot only.
AlfyanJun 18, 2017 5:17 AM
Jun 17, 2017 4:29 AM

Jun 2014
I thought I'd see way more people being upset about the result of the final fight, but I guess not. It was still pretty anticlimactic though, but Bones was able to make the fight more enjoyable than the manga counterpart. If they continue to consistently make some parts better than the manga, I have no doubt this next arc will be off the charts amazing.

It was nice to get a glimpse of what some of the characters were up to in their down time immediately following the festival. Lol Deku's mom fainting 7 times. Now it's time to pick hero names next episode, and get hyped for the next arc!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 17, 2017 4:32 AM

Oct 2012
Bakugou made me laugh too much.
Jun 17, 2017 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
Startled me when Uraraka's parents suddenly appeared.
Jun 17, 2017 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
ttcchen said:

AND DON'T FORGET TO WATCH AFTER THE ENDING SONG!

ReaperCreeper said:
Startled me when Uraraka's parents suddenly appeared.

Nearly had an heart attack when this happened. Ochaco's parents are scary!!

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
AlfyanJun 18, 2017 5:18 AM
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 17, 2017 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
What an unsatisfying match. I feel ya Bakugou, haha!

-I’m disappointed that Todo’s still conflicted about using his fire side but we can’t expect him to move on from his family issue that easily. Poor Bakugou, He really wanted his opponent to fight with all they’ve got.

-Though, Kachann put up a good show on his fight. Blowing up a hole like a mole and DAMN! his howitzer impact! Never expect how awesome it looks! It's amazing how he can propel himself creating that tornado like blast!

edit: then again, I’m one of those few wondering what’ll happen if Todo did use his fire side… cause Todo’s a great fighter and objectively I see his quirk a bit powerful than bakugou’s, However kachann’s a combat genius, His quirk can also sustain large amount of damage, Has an insane mobility and can come up with clever strategies. IDK to be honest, Damn this could’ve been an epic fight!

-The AWARDING is so LIT! LOL! Bakugou’s face! was even funnier in the anime! Yo!

I was getting a bit emotional at Todo and Iida's moments, Then in comes the post credit with the adorable family of Uraraka and Izuku & Mom.

-BUT! Never forget! The Die Damn Bacteria!!! DIE! XD this Kid’s rage is gold! t'was an anti-climactic fight but this scene made it all worth it! XD

Overall this was a great arc, where there are no clear winner, Bakugou may have won the tournament but he didn’t get the fight he wanted. Todo lost but was able to win by standing up against his dad! Deku didn’t make it to top 4 but has caught the people’s attention with his heroic deeds and was able to help todo accept his own quirk.

The one that got it worse is Iida… poor kid

Fantastic Episode! And I’m Excited to see stain arc.

All together now!
Thanks for your hard work PLUS ULTRA!
QueenSapphireJun 17, 2017 6:20 AM
Jun 17, 2017 5:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Honestly I forgot how thick Shouto's sister was lol and his mom is even more gorgeous in the anime man DAMN

Other than that, the finals was lit but the reason why it's probably one of my least favorite of the tournament is for the same reason as Bakugo's. I respect Bakugo's climb to the top and wanting to the undisputed Number 1, so seeing Shouto half ass it was pretty disappointing for me when I read the manga since I wanted a definitive winner as well so I get Bakugo's anger 100%

Still, Shouto is getting character development out of this and that's all that matters atm....Also they animated those funny moments from the post credits scene PERFECTLY lol xDD
Jun 17, 2017 5:35 AM
Jul 2011
Is Bakugo's mental instability supposed to be funny? Because it's not. Instead of enabling him, they need to send him to a therapist.
Jun 17, 2017 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
I will admit that I'd expected the fight between Todoroki and Bakugo would be close, but instead, it ended in an anti-climatic kind of way. Todoroki just wasn't sure about using his powers from his left side that made him lose heart before Bakugo's impressive Howitzer move. I can't blame Bakugo for feeling frustrated either, since he won the match, but it felt like he won it by default.

Overall, it was a great match. =)

Iida's brother will live on, but he was minutes away from death. After this, I hope that Iida will encounter Slain, who attacked his brother, and get revenge on him, hopefully. =)

As for Todoroki, he's mustered up the courage to visit his mother at the hospital. Hopefully, they'll be back on talking terms at least, whether his father likes it or not.

The post-credit scenes were really funny, with Bakugo raging against germs, Midoriya's mother fainting SEVEN times during the festival and Uraraka's parents almost re-enacting a horror game's jumpscare moment. Annoyingly, it worked on me. >__<
Jun 17, 2017 5:41 AM

Sep 2014
So, will we get the next episode on time or has the 2 week break started?
Jun 17, 2017 5:50 AM
Jun 2016
dicecop said:
Pretty sure the next ep is next week, and then it will be on week for the next 2 weeks. Iirc the dates stated for the break were on the first two weeks of July.

Also, the episode showed a fantastic, realistic take on the talk-no-jutsu shounen trope: Deku's shouting may help Todoroki forget about his woes during the heat of the battle, but strangers shouting at you for a few minutes will not be able to completely erase a lifetime of trauma.

We saw the aftermath of the battle with Todoroki struggling as his conviction and creed is shaken, how it isn't so easy to do an instant 180 and forget about your past. What Deku's actions did for him, however, is slap some sense to him and gave him a starting point to fix his problems: by facing his past and meeting his mom again. That's how you do realistic character development.
Jun 17, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode,
- iida got new motivation
- Todoroki starting line
- Deku starting line
- Tokoyami improvement room, tokoyami+dark shadow combination attack?
- Uraraka's parents made sure their daughter fine.
- hope momo will get some improvement too.

can't wait the result.
Jun 17, 2017 5:52 AM
Dec 2012
Nice to see their family :3 especially Shoto's mom & sis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dicecop said:
I think the break is after next week's episode.
SeigenJun 17, 2017 6:00 AM
Jun 17, 2017 5:58 AM

Jun 2014
Fantastic episode, as always. The second half got quite emotional.
alpha_shadowJun 17, 2017 6:01 AM
:3
Jun 17, 2017 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty decent episode. The fight seemed rushed but Bakugo was pretty awesome this episode. Next week's episode should be really good, I'm glad it looks like we'll get more students involved in the show plus them choosing their hero names.

I liked All Might's hugs for some reason too. I thought that was pretty cool.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 17, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2015
Bakugo needs to chill out. Still can't get used to his edge. I like where Todoroki's character is going. 3.5/5
Please just kill off Iida's brother. It'll lose all the impact if he lives on.
Jun 17, 2017 6:20 AM

Feb 2013
Bakugo is really angry!
He didn't like that kind of win.
The Iida scene in the hospital was really touchy.
Todoroki went to see his mother, I hope they get away from that bastard Endeavor.
Lol, Uraraka, keep your eyes for yourself!
Jun 17, 2017 6:25 AM

Jun 2016
That episode was sooo fast. Is it just me who sympathized with Bakugo's rage? Because let's be honest, Todoroki didn't give his all, so Bakugo's win is like for nothing. I hope everything will be okay with Todoroki. My precious baby.

And that scene with Bakugo angrily brushing his teeth. Hahahaha! And that scene with Uraraka's parents was soo cute. So hyped for the next episode.

And goddamnit, ALL MIGHT, it's PUHLUS ULTRAAA! Hahahaha.
TheDoggoneGirlJun 17, 2017 6:31 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 17, 2017 6:31 AM

May 2015
I didn't expect the match to end so fast and easy, but the second half was definitely emotional. Also, great moments after the credits, lol.

Great episode overall, and an awesome arc.

Jun 17, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2016
Phew great as usual, it's becoming a saturday trend to watch Hero Academia, only 13 weeks left!!!!!

Bakugo VS Todoroki fight was handeld well, I have waited 2 years to see Bakugo that angry and it was worth it. Dude get's to much hate, wait to some of you see his family lol.

Can somebody tell me the name of the soundtrack being played at about 6.33, the moment when Bakugo first grabs Todoroki by the head. THE TRACK IS STUCK IN MY HEAD IT'S A BRILLIANT PIECE
Jun 17, 2017 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
I expected Todoroki vs Bakugou to be more intense, but with Todoroki being the way he was and doubting which is the right thing to do, I'm not surprised it ended to quickly.

YES! And I was wondering when they're gonna choose their hero names, I can't wait!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 17, 2017 7:03 AM

Jan 2017
Todoroki is a bigger drama queen than Sasuke and Zuko combined.
BakuGOAT needs to chill.
Uraraka has to be the most boring, generic character in this show.

This arc was alright, 6.5/10.
Jun 17, 2017 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
Bakugou was so funny. Loved his reaction. They chained him and pretty much treated him as a villain.

The second half was emotional.

Those post credit scene. I thought Uraraka's parents were villains. Bakugou brushing. XD

Jun 17, 2017 7:13 AM

Mar 2017
In the forums last week people who had read the manga were saying that the fight would be anticlimactic, so I was ready for the worst. But I actually really liked the way it turned out plus Kacchan's rage was over the top and hilarious while also being totally understandable. This was an awesome episode and I wish every day was Saturday!!
Jun 17, 2017 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
Anticlimaxes are cool; good episode. It's pretty nice how they put the emotional reunions in the second half and saved the more comedic ones for after credits.
Jun 17, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2016
The manga version is always better whenever a scene where Bakugou rages comes up.. cause there are cusses which makes the scenes 3x funnier lmao but the anime was great too I guess
The fight was short but nice.. Although Bakugou's not satisfied with his win haha.
Midoriya cheering for Torodoki though :>
Jun 17, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
I thought I'd see way more people being upset about the result of the final fight, but I guess not. It was still pretty anticlimactic though, but Bones was able to make the fight more enjoyable than the manga counterpart. If they continue to consistently make some parts better than the manga, I have no doubt this next arc will be off the charts amazing.

It was nice to get a glimpse of what some of the characters were up to in their down time immediately following the festival. Lol Deku's mom fainting 7 times. Now it's time to pick hero names next episode, and get hyped for the next arc!
yeah I guess people accepted it the final battle to end that way cause its pretty reasonable, since Todoroki was only motivated to aim for the top without using his left for him to completely reject his father. But because of his fight with deku he becomes unsure of what to do now. So for me its a good episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.