Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2017 7:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh! Charlotte Brulee looks ugly! Like a wicked witch from folk tales! To think that she's an older sister of the cute Charlotte Pudding... And the Seducing Woods is creepy as heck. I wanna get outta here too!

If the fake Luffy followed Nami's group, then where did the real Luffy go??

And Sanji's dad will make his debut in the next episode too.
Jun 10, 2017 8:09 PM
Mar 2010
Fun episode. The whole "sweet" vibes from WCI awfully reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. So at last, it's gonna be Sanji vs cheater Judge. I hope the animation team will do their best to produce top-notch quality next week. As notorious as the animation in the last years, I still hope they can manage to give Sanji's fight some justice.
Jun 10, 2017 8:42 PM

Apr 2016
okay, that part with the trees and everything singing was seriously creepy... I really love the setting of this arc, it kind of has a Tim Burton feel to it, childlike but also creepy
finally Sanji in action again, I missed it so much! TT^TT
Jun 10, 2017 8:46 PM

Jun 2017
Did u all notice sanji didnt learn much in the 2 year time skip they need to do something about it maybe awaken the superhuman drug in him
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 8:59 PM

May 2015
Pedro & Brook are in another mission. How Nami & Co. are going to escape...? that is my main question...

LunyRed said:
Why in the blue hell did Luffy run in the wrong direction, did Zoro illness spread to him...? *Sigh*

SamBlack said:
okay, that part with the trees and everything singing was seriously creepy... I really love the setting of this arc, it kind of has a Tim Burton feel to it, childlike but also creepy
+1

But... but they only showed us two seconds... by the way he is my favorite pervert character from One Piece.

Unknown12468 said:
Did u all notice sanji didnt learn much in the 2 year time skip they need to do something about it maybe awaken the superhuman drug in him
I hope think he has learned something, new techniques aside from what we saw when he was training with Emporio Ivankov… the thing is in my opinion Oda has not giving him an opportunity to shine aside from the Fishman Island Arc (but to me that was an exhibition of all the crew new powers) I hope I see him kick a$$ again.
Jun 10, 2017 9:13 PM

Jun 2017
Roy_Focker said:
Pedro & Brook are in another mission. How Nami & Co. are going to escape...? that is my main question...

LunyRed said:
Why in the blue hell did Luffy run in the wrong direction, did Zoro illness spread to him...? *Sigh*

SamBlack said:
+1

But... but they only showed us two seconds... by the way he is my favorite pervert character from One Piece.

Unknown12468 said:
I hope think he has learned something, new techniques aside from what we saw when he was training with Emporio Ivankov… the thing is in my opinion Oda has not giving him an opportunity to shine aside from the Fishman Island Arc (but to me that was an exhibition of all the crew new powers) I hope I see him kick a$$ again.

I would agree with you but when I saw do doflamingo beat sanji at what sanji is best at I just flipped out how the hell did doflamingo kick harder than sanji and just smile about it like he wasn't even trying I hope something happens and makes sanji stronger or maybe if we are lucky enough we see what you say happen Though I do have to agree with the part about being really exited to see sanjib kick ass again any one else besides me who is on the recent manga chapter
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2017 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
Unknown12468 said:
Roy_Focker said:

+1

I would agree with you but when I saw do doflamingo beat sanji at what sanji is best at I just flipped out how the hell did doflamingo kick harder than sanji and just smile about it like he wasn't even trying I hope something happens and makes sanji stronger or maybe if we are lucky enough we see what you say happen Though I do have to agree with the part about being really exited to see sanjib kick ass again any one else besides me who is on the recent manga chapter

Wasn't Sanji injured at that point?
(x෴x)
Jun 10, 2017 9:43 PM

Jun 2017
ezutes said:
Unknown12468 said:

Not sure but maybe he was from punk hazard when he fought vergo can't wait to see sanji vs his father if you read the manga you will understand what I'm trying to say
Jun 10, 2017 10:17 PM

May 2015
Unknown12468 said:
ezutes said:

Not sure but maybe he was from punk hazard when he fought vergo can't wait to see sanji vs his father if you read the manga you will understand what I'm trying to say
Man you are harsh on my main man... Lol!

@ezutes - Sanji fractured his leg thanks to Vergo's strong kick in the NW... but to be onest this was not a factor in the Mingo fight...

Sanji put up a valiant fight but was ultimately defeated by Doflamingo. I don't believe Sanji's injuries prominently displayed themselves in his battle with Doflamingo (It’s been a couple of days/weeks I don't think you can heal from that in a couple of days/weeks), heck he didn’t give Sanji a chance... the power difference + Mingo techniques was the prominent factor in his loss. I mean Doflamingo is a Warlord, so you can't really blame Sanji for losing. The first time Luffy and Zoro fought against a Warlord, things didn't exactly go so well for them either.
Roy_FockerJun 10, 2017 10:24 PM
Jun 10, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Luffy and co are now trapped in the 'Seducing Woods'. I find the talking vegetation and their songs both amusing and a little creepy. xD

We finally get to see the real Sanji along with a glimpse of his past as well as a short conflict between him and Yonji.

Brulee finally makes her appearance and boy does she have that classic bad witch look from fairy tales.
More on the Vinsmoke family next episode.
Jun 10, 2017 10:41 PM

Jun 2017
Roy_Focker said:
Unknown12468 said:

Man you are harsh on my main man... Lol!

@ezutes - Sanji fractured his leg thanks to Vergo's strong kick in the NW... but to be onest this was not a factor in the Mingo fight...

Sanji put up a valiant fight but was ultimately defeated by Doflamingo. I don't believe Sanji's injuries prominently displayed themselves in his battle with Doflamingo (It’s been a couple of days/weeks I don't think you can heal from that in a couple of days/weeks), heck he didn’t give Sanji a chance... the power difference + Mingo techniques was the prominent factor in his loss. I mean Doflamingo is a Warlord, so you can't really blame Sanji for losing. The first time Luffy and Zoro fought against a Warlord, things didn't exactly go so well for them either.
I know what you mean but I'm just saying how do flamingo beat sanji with kicks which is what sanji is good at I wasn't expecting sanji to win but he had 2 years of training maybe do better considering how long you've been training those damn legs and how long do flamingo has been sitting his ass down getting his crew mates to do the work for him I'm just disappointed it's not like it was at the start of one piece were every character was so weak the warlords could beat them with fingers
Jun 10, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Luffy and co are now trapped in the 'Seducing Woods'. I find the talking vegetation and their songs both amusing and a little creepy. xD

We finally get to see the real Sanji along with a glimpse of his past as well as a short conflict between him and Yonji.

Brulee finally makes her appearance and boy does she have that classic bad witch look from fairy tales.
More on the Vinsmoke family next episode.

Tbh if I were watching op for the first time and saw the scene where the trees were singing I would probably rate the show for kids luckily that scene didn't exist when I was watching op
Jun 10, 2017 11:02 PM

May 2015
Unknown12468 said:

I know what you mean but I'm just saying how do flamingo beat sanji with kicks which is what sanji is good at I wasn't expecting sanji to win but he had 2 years of training maybe do better considering how long you've been training those damn legs and how long do flamingo has been sitting his ass down getting his crew mates to do the work for him I'm just disappointed it's not like it was at the start of one piece were every character was so weak the warlords could beat them with fingers
I understand you completely Sanji is in my MAL list of top characters, I’m with you & your disappointment… but thinking trough what I’m trying to say is that Mingo power level + his techniques (the one who immobilizes him didn’t gave him a chance to use other kick techniques (I think he has one ace under his sleeve) the fight was short Sanji technically was warming up/starting to get serious in terms of putting his life on the line but got caught in Mingo technique, fight over by that point thus we didn’t saw nothing new… I am anime only guy… I think that is why Oda make this arc... to let Sanji & Co. fight against all odds (66 & Big Mom’s crew) to showcase his improved skill sets but in reality, to give him more screen time the one thing he lacked in the previous arc.
Roy_FockerJun 10, 2017 11:09 PM
Jun 11, 2017 12:36 AM

Oct 2016
absolutely great
Jun 11, 2017 2:18 AM
May 2017
oh so the next enemy is brulee . Its gonna be fun seeing a fight
Jun 11, 2017 2:20 AM

Jun 2017
bittu1415 said:
oh so the next enemy is brulee . Its gonna be fun seeing a fight

I agree it's hard to see what's going on in the manga in the manga I'd rather have no action it's that bad
Jun 11, 2017 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
Luffy, where did you go?
Jun 11, 2017 4:40 AM

Nov 2016
Wow this episode was really well done for a change, the atmosphere and Brûlées appearance were creepy.

Looking at this episode I have high expectations for a certain upcoming fight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2017 4:43 AM

Jun 2017
sakamoto-kun said:
Wow this episode was really well done for a change, the atmosphere and Brûlées appearance were creepy.

Looking at this episode I have high expectations for a certain upcoming fight.

I agree I couldn't tell what was happening in the manga because of the Sparks in the anime but I do know the end result
Jun 11, 2017 4:44 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum sanji I see you, next ep gonna be epic.

Btw where the hell is luffy tho?!
Jun 11, 2017 4:47 AM

Jun 2017
Light-Yagami-God said:
Dayum sanji I see you, next ep gonna be epic.

Btw where the hell is luffy tho?!

Read the manga it's nothing unexpected
Jun 11, 2017 4:57 AM
Dec 2016
i dont know...i didnt like this episode...not it hink it wasn not good...so boring..but an interesting new enemy appeared...im courious whats next and i hope there will be some action next episode finally
Jun 11, 2017 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
Creepy episode but really slow episode.

Next episode looks more interesting.
Jun 11, 2017 7:07 AM

Dec 2014
hmm well it is getting interesting....
Jun 11, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2015
Wow, the dragging out felt really dragged out in this episode!

But the creepy vibes from the living, well, everythings, was a nice touch and added to the peril of them getting trapped in this forest

Plus ugh Pudding's sister looks horrible, wonder who her father was?!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 11, 2017 8:40 AM

Feb 2015
All the episode was about scaping from the forest and the rabbit hunter, then they found luffy and discover that the entire forest is conspiring to not let them leave. Finally the enemy is shown as a Big Mom's daughter that looks like a witch.
Pretty normal episode, kind of entertining.
Jun 11, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
Rabbit DF user and brulee show up and the gang run across the forest for the whole ep XD
Sanji arrives at his former house.
Jun 11, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2015
This episode seriously made me reconsider not dropping the anime permanently. Like, holy shit that filler was painful.

Animation was good though, thank god. The singing parts need some work, I didn't particularly care for them.
Jun 11, 2017 6:22 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm so there was never a real way Nami and co. took. These singing trees, flowers etc. are pretty creepy. They also got attacked at first by this rabbit and then Brulee made her appearance. It's definitely true she's ugly as hell, a real witch. So she's really a sister of Pudding? Hard to believe.

But what happened to Luffy? Was he the one who ran to the other side when Nami, Chopper and Carrot picked his fake part up?

Nice to see something of Sanji again. When he was looking at that broken part of the wall we could see a short moment of his past. From the opening we know that he had a hard childhood. Accordingly he had a little fight with his brother Yonji.

Next episode we will see Sanjis father for the first time. This should be interesting.

Jun 12, 2017 10:49 AM
Dec 2016
tbh i couldnt stand watching these slow ass episodes without reading the manga this episode covered like one chapter or something cmon toei u can do better than that i hope at least the cracker fight is gonna be interesting
Jun 12, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
I feel bad about the giant stuck in the ground. He literally has a spear in him
Jun 12, 2017 5:27 PM

May 2014
This episode had me really hyped ngl- Toei seem to know what they're doing with this one.
Along with the art-style and musical numbers, the whole atmosphere of Whole Cake just screams twisted Fairy Tale. Kind of like Alice in Wonderland and Hansel & Gretel met Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...then Oda took it a step further by throwing in the living furniture from the Beast's castle in Beauty and the Beast all we need now is a Gaston

Not that I'm complaining, because the whole Fairy Tale shiz is my weakness- this set-up just has me so excited!
The fact that the art is so bright only works to make the whole thing creepier, and Brulee is one scary, witch looking lady. I lost my shiz when Carrot just straight up asked her if she was a tree XD

I'm not too worried about Nami...like hell Oda would scar the golden girl's face. C'mon now, you ain't fooling anyone, man!
Honestly speaking though, I think OP ladies should have some battle scars too. The men can rock them and so could the women!!

Also nice seeing Carrot on the offensive- she's not one to mess around! The more I see of her, the more she fits with the crew. The other SH girls aren't combatants at heart; although they can fight well, they excel in other things. Carrot is one strong gal, and I think she'd add a great dynamic if she joined the crew. Tbh she reminds me of a female Luffy lmao

Oh, and poor Sanji ;-;
His family aren't a nice bunch are they?
Now it looks like he was abused by his siblings as a kid- I hope he kicks Yonji's ass!!

Pacing was surprisingly fast too, considering that the manga is on the same arc rn- wonder if they'll add keep adding more filler moments, or they just aren't worried because Whole Cake is nearing its end in the manga..

Jun 13, 2017 4:17 AM

Jul 2008
Creepy woods are CREEPY!!!
Jun 13, 2017 11:24 AM

May 2014
In some shots the face expressions didn't really fit with the voice acting.. That's kinda weird.

Especially in the shot when the Rabbit comes and Nami is frightened, the VA seemed perfectly calm which threw me off lol.

The art has been decent so far though which is kewl

Jun 13, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2009
I find it odd that so many people are saying they thought this episode was good. This is some baby tier art and animation and the whole episode was just a bunch of nothing. They were on a bit of a roll for a little while but my god it's almost unbearably hard to watch lately.
Jun 14, 2017 11:26 AM
Oct 2007
Did Sanji went all out right from the start with his brother? I'm hyped to see the next episode based on the preview!
Jun 15, 2017 1:09 PM
Jun 2017
are we actually going to see nami fight?
Jun 16, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
Slow as fuck episode. Fuckin why are they dragging this I don't understand. Showing stillshots of random shit for a couple of seconds fucking stupid.
Jun 18, 2017 5:04 PM
Jun 2017
The trees, plants, ground and candies are all singing. This is the trippiest arc and I love it every week!
Jun 25, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
Mihawk Rabbit is pretty mysterious and that song was creepy as fuck!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 11, 2017 2:03 PM

May 2010
This is one badass white rabbit indeed @_@
Jul 15, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2015
I really enjoyed watching this episode. That song was quite creepy and the forest reminded me of Alice in Wonderland.
Jul 18, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
DareEvans said:
I find it odd that so many people are saying they thought this episode was good. This is some baby tier art and animation and the whole episode was just a bunch of nothing. They were on a bit of a roll for a little while but my god it's almost unbearably hard to watch lately.

I agree, the "creepy" vibe was mediocre, the faces on the trees, flowers whatever really didnt work for it.
I knew it was way too easy to just get to the Cake Island without any issues.

Even Brulee has massive breasts.
Oct 24, 2017 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get it, where's Luffy? If it gets revealed that he just ran into the wrong direction, I'll riot...
Aug 3, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
ichii_1 said:
Sanji arrives at his former house.

Why is his former house located on a Whole Cake Island?

Natsu88 said:
Nice to see something of Sanji again. When he was looking at that broken part of the wall we could see a short moment of his past. From the opening we know that he had a hard childhood. Accordingly he had a little fight with his brother Yonji.

Where was that wall located, exactly? Was that a building or a ship?
Jan 2, 2020 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
I am getting some serious Alice in Wonderland vibes from the entire forest to the strange creatures inhabiting it, It can also be considered disturbing too, with how these weirdly looking trees, the flowers, the soil, are all eerily singing about murder.

Ah, I was cheering for Sanji to knock this 4 fellow, his brother, a beg or two. I don't have any positive thoughts about him, and judging from the little insinuating flashback Sanji just had, I don't think that will change. Same thing to the rest of his siblings, and his father. On the contrary, going by the flashback and what it was hinting at, I will probably end up having more negative thoughts than what I initially reasoned.

Nonetheless, the episode was nice and interesting. I liked it.
Jun 7, 2020 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
The forest has been explored and the traps have been set. A beautiful giant half buried into the ground is serving as a landmark and may have a bigger role than simply that, if only they friended him, he could be of some help. The forest is living and singing and moving to block the Straw Hats in. Randolph the crane riding rabbit which had slaughtered for ingredients is reminding me of Jojo’s Petshop, an animal of prey which takes pleasure in silently hunting. Carrot noted he isn’t a mink which should be important. And finally after all of this was set, the Luffy clone was in fact exposed as a devil fruit user from what we can tell. Brulee is one of Mom’s daughters. She has a scarred face and is envious of those who don’t so her plan is to scar the pretty girls faces. Quite the frantic experience in the forest and Luffy is in fact not with them which makes Carrot the creme of the crop physical combatant. Meaning she have quick senses and good fighting instinct and actually seems to enjoy it.

Outside of that setup, we had Sanji meet up with Yonji while reminiscing on some bad memories. The way Sanji wasn’t provoked by Yonji’s attempts and rather smoked quietly and told him to get lost was super badass and somewhat unexpected. We saw Yonji’s abuse first hand, albeit we get the vibe he’s like this with mostly everyone, and the two started to fight to go along with the Brulee and Randolph fight. It’s a nice amount of events going on at once, I’m sure it’ll stay entertaining, but I’m also sure the thing we all really want is more Sanji and the Vinsmoke family!!!
Mar 12, 2021 6:44 PM

Jan 2010
Charlie, Charlotte. Oh okay. I guess this is supposed to be an Alice in Wonderland/Charlie in the Chocolate Factory hybrid island.
Jul 13, 2021 5:38 PM

May 2016
If Big Mom had to get pregnant and wait 9 months before giving birth like with anyone else, it'd be understandable why the first children she's given birth to would look old as hell. It looks like Nami and the others are in really big trouble...

I bet that Yonji's very surprised to see that Sanji's not as weak as he seemed anymore.

Aug 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2019
This is some actual creepy shit. This whole arc is like a Disney show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.