Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Buu is lean now. He looks weird in that form and seems to be just as strong before.

His fight against Goku was slightly amusing I guess. I wish it was longer.
We got some cameos from many of the other characters from the other Universes. This felt more like another buildup episode before the battle royale thing.

I'm hyped for the upcoming fights~
17 spotted again.
Apr 8, 2017 5:28 PM

Aug 2012
so beerus copy is a rabbit lol. c'mon gohan, what's with the glasses.
finally Android 17 in next episode

But you'll still take damage!
Apr 8, 2017 5:29 PM

Jan 2012
Well dayum Buu...lookin' good. But...will it last I wonder...
Apr 8, 2017 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
slightly amused that they took time to show toppo in a bar drinking away his sorrows

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Apr 8, 2017 7:31 PM

Jul 2015
Buu lookin good lol. So next ep preview.. at the very end shows what seems to be a fist clash between 17 and goku blue. Now, is Goku holding back on his punch or is he going all out? How would 17 make him go all out? Doesn't seem like he's been training against tough opponents. Maybe I'm reading too much into it lol
Apr 8, 2017 7:54 PM
Dec 2015
ReguIus said:
Buu lookin good lol. So next ep preview.. at the very end shows what seems to be a fist clash between 17 and goku blue. Now, is Goku holding back on his punch or is he going all out? How would 17 make him go all out? Doesn't seem like he's been training against tough opponents. Maybe I'm reading too much into it lol
I'm expecting him to regain his weight after sleeping and eating again shortly before the tournament. Maybe 17 enhance himself using some bull explaination. you can't take DBS seriously since there are no lasting consequences or stakes anymore. The toppo gang is just a horrible parody like the ginyu.
Apr 8, 2017 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
The beerus copy sucked.

Feel like Goku is trying less and less in each spar lol. Krillin made him go blue. Now he didn't even transform at all against Buu. Then preview looks like he (blue) is trading blows with 17.
Apr 8, 2017 8:31 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Skinny Buu beat Goku clean in base, although I think Goku was holding back. Still, nice to see Buu get some good moves, I think this skinny form would be adequate for high offense and his fat form for defense. I doubt this was a one time thing where Buu is skinny.

Nice to see some Pride Troopers focus. Toppo in a suit, oh boy. Quite refreshing imo. The way the guys talk about Jiren makes me think he's going to be as strong as a God of Destruction. They are building him up as the real deal.

Gohan being trained by Picollo. Well, if he can learn to dodge then that's fine. I'm still curious as to what benefit Gohan would get from training with Picollo.

Android 17 hype. ~

Apr 8, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2014

Universe 10 must be preserved to protect this smile.
Apr 8, 2017 9:27 PM

May 2015
Nice to see a confirmation/someone acknowledge that Goku is the savior of all of the low level universes (confirmed by Vados) in this episode. Now I can feel more at ease...

I'm glad that at least some Gods of destruction & Supreme Kai held a reunion to try to come up with some ideas/tactics. It is a shame that the talks crumbled form the Supreme Kai side I would have suggested a gang up against universe 7 and a merger from the loser side on to the winner universe as payment for helping out.

Did Champa ask Cabba for more fellow Saiyan from Universe 6...?!
Apr 8, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2016
Well, the episode felt slow but since it's buildup it can't be helped.

Majin Buu lol I doubt he'll stay in that form as the cover doesn't show it but it's very strange to see him like that... It's like a good version of Super Buu xD He has to be much stronger now though :P

Toppo and his comrades aren't really surprising as they have the same vibes of Ginyu Force but well... Jiren is for sure the most interesting one but it's going to take a while to get more details from him.

Next ep is finally Android 17!
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 8, 2017 9:32 PM

Jul 2014
The Universe 11 looks really dumb, and they showed Dyspo, the Beerus look-alike a lot weaker than the latter. I wonder how they'll fare in the tournament. I had hoped they gave Buu a face similar to that of Super Buu's, but this is fine either way. I still think he's gonna regain all his weight by consuming a little too much before the Tournament begins. I've always liked #17 so I can't wait for him to meet with Goku face to face. I'd like to see how much he's changed.
Apr 8, 2017 9:37 PM

Dec 2011
I feel now that DBS is now feeling like DBZ. Every week is hype and made me want to see the next episode right now.
The animation now is really smooth and this episode was good once again.
Nice to see Buu being slim but hopefully he will retain that form in the tournament.We finally see some of the Pride Troopers from universe 11 and lol Champa is looking for an all saiyan team xD
Next week C-17 hype and it seems like he can fight Goku in SSJB
Apr 8, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
Maybe ranging the shit out of that park made 17 OP? :)
I really don't care about power level, numbers etc. I really prefer that, than Goku and Vegeta show, couse if we would apply logic and numbers they would be light years ahead and crush everybody by just looking at them.
Now we have everybody shine a little (Except Yamcha.. but even he got his own episode and it was hillarious) and after all that hype building for No.17 for few weeks (every episode had like 1 shot of him) I except greatness from him.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Apr 8, 2017 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
Whats with the Beerus clone. At least change his skin color.
Apr 8, 2017 11:15 PM

Dec 2014
Skinny Buu is awesome, best part of the episode. He beat Goku though, not sure if Goku held back or something.

The Beerus clone is awkward, they should have at least changed his color. Also if the Pride Troopers were more like Power Rangers, it would've been really amusing. xD
Apr 9, 2017 12:06 AM

Aug 2016
I only know that goku is squinting :v

Apr 9, 2017 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
im disappointed on that pride trooper member Dyspo (the guy with the same race as Beerus and Champa) seems weaker

and lol

Apr 9, 2017 12:15 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode. Really liking the Pride Troopers. Just awesome. Dyspo's really cool. I'm glad he's not a boring bad guy like everyone thought him to be. This way it's a lot more interesting. Good turn

heavylobsterguy said:

Angels dont get destroyed
themanualreader@proton.me
Apr 9, 2017 12:16 AM

Dec 2014
well focus more on different universes..this time ...so many characters in the dragon ball Super universe to cover...
Apr 9, 2017 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
Super is pretty much stalling right now. Guess they have to buy some time for writing further episodes or put some money aside for episodes, that matter. Unfortunately that makes it pretty boring. Next weeks episode will probably also be mostly filler with the exception of recruiting Android 17.

Other than that, fat Buu learned to go Super Buu by himself. So that's a thing. At least he still looks dumb, so I'll take it.

The Pride Troopers seem like a good idea on paper. Unfortunately they didn't give Toppo's sidekicks any personality and seemingly not even unique abilities. So I'm bummed out about that.
Apr 9, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2014
3 episodes and only 2 hours from 39 left for the tournament have passed... If they keep up the pace we will get the tournament around vacation. :V
Apr 9, 2017 2:10 AM

Sep 2016
a lot of content this episode, pride troopers look not so overpowered. it's good since there are a lot of rules in the tournament, so they could make it not just shout as loud as possible and max ki-blast win. Goku lost again. next episode preview looks really good, but no.17 vs SSB? lol SSB is really weak transformation isn't it?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 9, 2017 3:02 AM

Sep 2014
The scary Ginyu vibes came after I saw the Pride Troopers neither of them can be taken seriously with these ridiculous poses. Lean Buu looks pretty cool but I doubt he will stay like that before the tournament. At least he has taken the whole tournament seriously. Gohan is going to train with Piccolo, while Goku is looking for No.17. They really take their time before the tournament. After No.17 we will probably have episodes with Tenshinhan and Master Roshi proving that they have what it takes to join the team.
Apr 9, 2017 3:21 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao how buu got lean so quick, and goku lost to buu lol.

Pretty excited for the tournament to begin.
Apr 9, 2017 3:53 AM

Oct 2015
It was a good build-up episode, but unfortunatelly we won't see the tournament at least until mid-May or early June, according to the upcoming episode titles... I wish we didn't have to wait until summer for the tournament.

I found the Pride Troopers really lame, they're like some weird power ranger copies. That Beerus copy looks quite weak so far. Hopefully he won't get Dyspo-sed too soon in the tournament.

Apr 9, 2017 4:21 AM

May 2016
Boring as hell wasting all that time on Topo wtf.
Apr 9, 2017 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
Lol that Supreme Kai got shut down by all the other Kais.

Buu lookin fine as fuck too. Though I gotta love DBS's sense of time. It's only been three hours and Buu already got rid of all that fat and developing a muscular body. Would make more sense if he went to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and trained there.

Next is no.17 hype. Haven't seen him in such a long time. Judging by the preview he's even keeping up with Goku SSB
Apr 9, 2017 4:44 AM

May 2015
I hope that the old fat Buu is going back. :D I don't like his "new form".

And finally android 17 vs Goku. Dr. Gero wet dream.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 9, 2017 4:48 AM
Apr 2017
Why are people convinced that Goku was straight up lying to Buu & Satan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83q7mgANZro

I respect Sawyer a lot but, really?
Sure the fight might've not been exactly accurate and serious but to assume that Goku is trolling?

Other than that, a good episode, for DBS's standards

P.S. I totally ship Vados x Cabba after this episode^^
DabraBelserionApr 9, 2017 4:53 AM
Apr 9, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
Darius said:
Nice episode. Really liking the Pride Troopers. Just awesome. Dyspo's really cool. I'm glad he's not a boring bad guy like everyone thought him to be. This way it's a lot more interesting. Good turn

heavylobsterguy said:

Angels dont get destroyed

But she clearly likes her God of Destruction.
Apr 9, 2017 7:44 AM

Feb 2013
Buu is Super again.
Apr 9, 2017 10:08 AM
Mar 2015
Naoki Tate next week, im hyped <3
Apr 9, 2017 4:12 PM

Jul 2013
Seeing Boo like that reminded me so much on the bad side of Boo in DBZ. He's looking definitely stronger as before. I also wished the fight against Goku lasted a little bit longer even if Goku didn't fought serious.

The Toppo part was kinda boring. But nice to see that Goku now knows where 17 is so that he can ask him for the tourney.

Apr 9, 2017 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
Did anyone notice that the Cleopatra god of destruction found Gokou handsome/attractive? I hope they make some sort of sub plot or side story with this.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 9, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2010
So much hype for the tournament, seeing all these new fighters is exciting.. can't wait to see the end result.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 9, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2010
So much hype for the tournament, seeing all these new fighters is exciting.. can't wait to see the end result.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 10, 2017 1:49 AM
Apr 2017
Janethan23 said:
Did anyone notice that the Cleopatra god of destruction found Gokou handsome/attractive? I hope they make some sort of sub plot or side story with this.

"Still a better romance story than Chichi x Goku"
Apr 10, 2017 4:36 AM

Dec 2015
I was hoping we'd see 17 in this episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 10, 2017 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah,like android 17 can really keep up with super saiyan blue goku.ridiculous. I think a more interesting match would have been android 18 vs 17 instead

And Akira introduced a beerus number 2 look alike because he didn't know which character design he would for the template of that character and slightly altered him.intentional or not,maybe we'll see
Apr 10, 2017 4:10 PM

May 2014
Decent ep. Buu look damn thin. Damn, he have slimmed damn much. Recognized him, but he looked creepy. Since we are used to the fat Buu with much more fat, it's just so weird to see him in that form. Didn't know he loose weight at all. But yup he got stronger. And he start to use his brain than just mere power which is also very important for the tournament.

LOL, I think we all found Beerus weak twin brother. xD

Damn, they look very alike, expect for the rabbit tooth this guy have. And ofc that he is another level of power than Beerus.

Dende have also grown. So now to find Android 17. They sure like to drag searching for members for the tournament. I guess we won't see the match for maybe 5-7 more ep. I think next ep. is gonna be good. Can't wait to see Android 17 after so long time.
Apr 10, 2017 4:15 PM

May 2014
DabraBelserion said:
Janethan23 said:

True story. Actually the first time in tournament in DB were actually good, but once he couldn't give a fuck and only had power in mind the whole idea got ruined. Now they relationship suck since he care about him and his family only once in a while. So yeah, agree with you. Vegeta x Bulma is a much better much. Even though he doesn't show it that much, it obvious he care and is much more there for her than Goku is for his wife. But maybe it's just how Toriyama wants to portrait Goku.
Apr 10, 2017 7:15 PM
Apr 2017
mangalicker94 said:
DabraBelserion said:

True story. Actually the first time in tournament in DB were actually good, but once he couldn't give a fuck and only had power in mind the whole idea got ruined. Now they relationship suck since he care about him and his family only once in a while. So yeah, agree with you. Vegeta x Bulma is a much better much. Even though he doesn't show it that much, it obvious he care and is much more there for her than Goku is for his wife. But maybe it's just how Toriyama wants to portrait Goku.

It's been a very long time since Goku cared about those things and it's basically Toriyama being mysogynistic and showing some of his true colors sadly.
I wrote a very long monologue about it here, if you're interested:
Apr 15, 2017 6:31 PM

Apr 2015
So Hyped For The Tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 16, 2017 5:19 AM

Oct 2008
Oh man! there's so many things that could happen here! since all of the universe is very busy trainin' and gatherin' their top warriors.
More new characters, the better!
Why am I feeling like I want to side with the Pride Troopers? (Universe 11)
Jiren is really the one that is fighting with Goku on the OP!
LOL Buu is slimmed down and Mr. Satan is training with him.
slimmed-down Buu vs Goku was great and even Buu won with the out-of bounds rule!
Cabba had more problems because he needs to find more Saiyan even stronger than him!
Gohan is back training with Piccolo!
next episode is Android 17 nice!
5/5.

Apr 20, 2017 1:16 AM

Apr 2015
Buu became a totally different person wow. He's a beast now. Anyway can't wait for Goku vs No. 17!
May 23, 2017 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
BOO HYPE
If Boo trains enough to become Kid Boo I'll scream like a little fangirl.
Aug 19, 2017 9:49 AM
Dec 2014
So many boring and unnecessary scenes
Apr 8, 2018 9:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
preambles!!!
For this episode just rescue the new Buu body....al the other was bad!!!
Oct 20, 2019 12:29 AM

Dec 2012
Gohan going to see his father so he can avoid seeing Dende.
Dat explosion.
Boo?
Kaioshin.
A Kaioshin meeting.
Shin got excluded because he's from U7.
Holy shit! Boo is in shape!
Goku vs in-shape Boo.
Boo wins.
Top.
Champa.
Beers cousin?
Jiren.
Kyabe.
Piccolo is going to train Gohan's trash body.
37 hours left.

You see. Several episodes back I said what would happen if Boo actually trained and if he did it with Goku. I got my answer. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 5 hours ago

4 by Irshiki »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.