Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2017 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, got what I had expected from this.
The character designs are pretty faithful.

Masamune's voice is also really recognizable as the MC. The series explores the idea of making light novels so expect to hear a lot about that. Sagiri is cute but her personality is really shy.

The part about the Eromanga author is parodied with a mask although it was pretty obvious who she was in the first place. Anyways yeah, pretty straightforward episode.

Apr 8, 2017 9:11 AM

Dec 2016
good episode.
I had waited for 6 months since October to see this.
Apr 8, 2017 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
It was a long wait @Jiharo was talking about this anime the me for well over a year.
Back when i was reading the novel which was pretty nice the i never completed the third novel since i could not find anymore chapters.
Anyway for now it looks nice but i am waiting for one of the other girls to appear.
Apr 8, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2008
Episode ended and the ending song starts. I wonder "Where will this anime go from now on..."

Only thing I knew was that I felt like eating fried eggs too.

After the ending:
Inchou comes knocking on the door looking for the hikikomori!

And that's where I finally burst out laughing!

Apr 8, 2017 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Had to watch it Raw because of the wait being too much. xD

I actually quite enjoyed this, it was actually pretty hilarious from the standpoint and I like the MC Masamune as well and Sagiri. They're too adorable at least in my honest opinion.

I hope more around this since I did enjoyed it around. Btw, there's a decent amount of references and just teases: Example Haifuri and Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale Movie reference, as well as a few amounts of Tiv arts.
Apr 8, 2017 10:35 AM

Mar 2016
I laughed so much

I am calling AOTS already
Apr 8, 2017 10:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The wait is finally over~

Loved the LN, can only hope the anime lives up to it. So far so good~
Apr 8, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
For a second there, that feels like a scary loop when Masamune think back after looking at that "wishing bunny" on a dish tray.
And just like that, Sagiri finally talk again with Masamune. [s]I also feel disappointed about that streaming just like the viewer. LOL[s]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 8, 2017 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
so happy seeing this finally animated..
I still remember that I read couple chapters of this Light Novel too
great start
Apr 8, 2017 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
That was seriously awesome. It was way better than what I expected, probably the best new series start of this Spring. Maybe with the exception of Sakura Quest?

The premise is simple and not exactly super unique but the execution was great, I loved it.
Izumi and Sagiri are really likable. Love Sagiri's design as well and also damn, that's some amazing art. xD

I loved it when they finally started talking in Sagiri's room , it was really sweet to see them rekindle their relationship as family and the conversation they had about what got them into their workline was really nice. It's clear that Sagiri seems to associate a much deeper meaning to family and that she doesn't want to accept it yet but I'm sure she'll come around. :3

You know what the best part in all this is? They didn't drag out the secrecy in their aliases. They realized who they each were so early and that'll make room for so much more possible development.
Apr 8, 2017 10:59 AM
Jul 2015
Oh my gosh, Sagiri is so cute! prprprprpr😊😊😊😊😊
Apr 8, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
About what I expected, adaptation wise it seems pretty faithful. Really enjoyed the inclusions of Sagiri's pov, especially of her taking a picture of her but to use as a model and her stomping. Pretty good inclusions. Wonder how far the adaptation will go.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 8, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
mrjames1026 said:
Oh my gosh, Sagiri is so cute! prprprprpr😊😊😊😊😊

this. girl of the season

anyway good first episode.

Apr 8, 2017 11:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
That was seriously awesome. It was way better than what I expected, probably the best new series start of this Spring. Maybe with the exception of Sakura Quest?

The premise is simple and not exactly super unique but the execution was great, I loved it.
Izumi and Sagiri are really likable. Love Sagiri's design as well and also damn, that's some amazing art. xD

I loved it when they finally started talking in Sagiri's room , it was really sweet to see them rekindle their relationship as family and the conversation they had about what got them into their workline was really nice. It's clear that Sagiri seems to associate a much deeper meaning to family and that she doesn't want to accept it yet but I'm sure she'll come around. :3

You know what the best part in all this is? They didn't drag out the secrecy in their aliases. They realized who they each were so early and that'll make room for so much more possible development.
Ikr? I was expecting this to suck but man was this entertaining, and I'm very impressed with Izumi and also Sagiri is just way too adorable

But the main thing here for me is that THANK GOD THEY AREN'T BLOOD RELATED, so if this incest loving author decides to pull an Oreimo again, I wouldn't mind it (Even though I would rather that not happen)

But yeah, you said it all Twin-brother-san.....Really good start overall
Apr 8, 2017 11:08 AM
Dec 2015
THIS EPISODE IS GOLD.

honestly, ive been longing for this anie to come out. The adaptation is far and away better than what ive expected. REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO SEE THE OTHER EPISODES >.>.>>.>.>.>.>.
Apr 8, 2017 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Ikr? I was expecting this to suck but man was this entertaining, and I'm very impressed with Izumi and also Sagiri is just way too adorable

But the main thing here for me is that THANK GOD THEY AREN'T BLOOD RELATED, so if this incest loving author decides to pull an Oreimo again, I wouldn't mind it (Even though I would rather that not happen)

More so the author wouldn't do the cop-out which was pretty much the thing that bugged a lot of people xD since they aren't related but yeah.

I was highly optimistic since I heard good things about the source and after seeing the PVs but yeah it was enjoyable as hell. Can we just say we need more Sagiri please?
Apr 8, 2017 11:09 AM

May 2015
HUEHUEHUEHUE

10/10 patted on the head
the wait was worth
Apr 8, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Oh there's trouble between the Sagari and her brother huh.

I already like Sagari more than Kirino because despite not acting all that nice towards her brother (just like Kirino did) I feel like the death of her parents are a good excuse for that. She does seem to have a different view on family than her brother and I do agree with her.

Apr 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Agreed, I'd rather the Oreimo ending not happen as well. Let's hope for the best.
Apr 8, 2017 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
so far so good...the introductory episode made a good story development...hmmm
Apr 8, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2013
I love the charadesign <3

But I hate those MC, like with Humaru-chan.
Seriously the dude is a slave for his sister, just don't prepare the food or tell her to go in the kitchen and she will leave her room the same day, so you will see "her face".
Seriously I just can't stand those morons.

Like with Ore no Imouto, that's so beautiful etc. but damn those characters who need a slap in their stupids faces ruin everything.
Apr 8, 2017 11:35 AM

Mar 2016
Okay you know what I Like Oremio and I already know I'm going like this!!!

OKAY FIGHT ME .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 11:50 AM

May 2014
Hopefully this Masamune is going to be better than the last one.
Apr 8, 2017 11:54 AM

Aug 2015
I am really enjoying this one.
The characters ain't boring for new.
Lets see what happens next

oh, and also

LOL

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Apr 8, 2017 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
"Sit there"
"Touch me there?"
"Sit! There!"

That exchange just killed me hahaha

Seems like Sagiri loves her older brother.

A nice start and loved the character designs and everything. I feel like I'm going to like this.

Apr 8, 2017 11:59 AM
Nov 2015
cool she has a Ybox One in addition to the PX4
Apr 8, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2016
Kirito, Kirito, is that Kirito voice?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 8, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
Hopefully there isn't too much weird incest in this. I know they're not blood related, so that kind of makes it not as bad (but still weird), but this is from the same weirdo that did Oreimo so I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship goes there.

This wasn't too bad, I feel like this could be one of this season's more decent shows.

@GangsterCat Yep that's Kirito. There's no mistaking that voice.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 8, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Hopefully there isn't too much weird incest in this. I know they're not blood related, so that kind of makes it not as bad (but still weird), but this is from the same weirdo that did Oreimo so I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship goes there.

This wasn't too bad, I feel like this could be one of this season's more decent shows.

There's a romance tag, you know what's coming.
Apr 8, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2016
and it's also souma, with souma reference

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 8, 2017 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
GangsterCat said:
Kirito, Kirito, is that Kirito voice?

Yeah Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is voicing Masamune.
Apr 8, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
Maybe one of my favorite starts this season, I loved everything.

More Sagiri please...
SkyLETVApr 8, 2017 12:26 PM
Apr 8, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
TheKillerAngel said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Shit I didn't even look at the genre tags.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 8, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
TheKillerAngel said:

Shit I didn't even look at the genre tags.

I heard its better in that regard compared to OreImo, from few people that have read the Light Novel series.
Apr 8, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
well worth the wait!! Sagiri is kawaii as expected and seems like she's already aware that she likes her brother.. also this series looks to have a better chance for a good ending since they are step siblings.. hope the character interactions, once all of them are properly introduced, are as good as Oreimo or better..
Apr 8, 2017 12:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
mmmmmmm... delicious otaku loli <3
Apr 8, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
SAGIRI A CUTE, A CUTE

Apr 8, 2017 12:34 PM
Jan 2016
Ahh finally. This show has all that I need: A cute younger sister, incest, a harem, an MC voiced by Matsuoka and breaking the 4th wall. What else could I possibly need? Well, maybe the MC not being an actual light novel protagonist through and through, but you just can't have it all.
Apr 8, 2017 12:53 PM

Jul 2016
Well... overall I enjoyed it. Though, I must admit I did miss Kirito's "flair". I understand that Sagiri's a hikikomori, so she's obviously more timid and shut, but at times her timidness kinda came down as a bit annoying to me. Then again, unlike 90% of MAL community, I prefer funny chars to cute chars, so yeah.

Masamune... He was not a bad MC, and as much as I understand @Titadou's feelings, that kind of behaviour (i.e. leaving the meal at the hikikomori's door, the hikikomori calling for food by stomping on the floor, etc.) is actually standard fare in Japanese culture. I don't like it at all, but at least it's realistic in a sense (or at the very least, it's faithful to how these chars are portrayed in anime - check "Welcome to NHK" for example).

All in all, I dunno what to expect. I really hope Sagiri eventually turns over a new leaf and, just like how Kirito's "abusiveness" mellowed out in due time, I hope Sagiri's timidness will similarly go away a bit. As cute as she is, I would prefer her to be a bit more funny and outgoing.
Apr 8, 2017 12:55 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The sistter is painter and the brother writer!!!
What happened one years ago but the poor young girl ends in her room closed of the world? I think know in the nexts episodes.

The series, in summary, to me, is not special, a comun series, with nothing special or remarkable :(

6/10 for this starter.
Apr 8, 2017 1:00 PM
May 2015
Wow...this episode was surprisingly enjoyable and it also (surprisingly) made me laugh a few times. I hope they get together at the end since this series reminds me of Oreimo and they're not blood related so it's technically, not incest.

4/5
jc9622Apr 8, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 8, 2017 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Great adaptation! enjoyed the manga from way back! great cast!
Sagiri: Sit there
Masamune: Touch me there?
Sagiri: SIT THERE!
hahha.
Apr 8, 2017 1:05 PM
May 2015
swampert260 said:
cool she has a Ybox One in addition to the PX4
Correction: PX4 Pro* ;)

Apr 8, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
First ep was great. Im sensing so many OreImo vibes.
Apr 8, 2017 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
I like it! Nice direction,VAs and THE ART. Pretty solid visuals.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 8, 2017 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
This is already better than Oreimo, although everything is better than Oreimo

EDIT: OH CRAP! I was so wrong. It is really bad
RickATCMay 27, 2017 6:23 PM
Apr 8, 2017 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
Sagiri is really cute, much better than Kirino. It was a decent episode. It is weird that Sagiri worked with Masamune for 2 years before she shut herself in her room, yet they didn't find out about each others' identity. Not sure how long did they live together before their mom passed away though.
Apr 8, 2017 1:32 PM

Feb 2015
Wellllll hello wincest...

Looks like it'll be fun.

Though I'm a fan of MC-kun's VA, I'm not sure if he fits this role, but w.e.
Apr 8, 2017 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
An enjoyable first episode. Sagiri is very cute. Their reactions when they found out who was who was funny. They found out their secrets so quickly. Both are likeable and talented. Nice start for this show.
Apr 8, 2017 1:49 PM

Sep 2016
THANK GOD they aren't blood related. I couldn't handle another Oreimo.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

330 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Jan 28, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.