Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 6, 2017 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
Zarator said:
SuperRed said:

"(understandably so, otherwise you wouldn't be here probably)"

What does this even mean?

I personally did not find anything about the characters behavior to be illogical or unrealistic, and I don't need to read Katawa Shoujo or whatever.

You seem to be overreacting, the teacher doesn't mistreat or disrespect his students in any way. Does he treat them like children that need to be supervised in every aspect of their lives?

In my opinion, a 1/10 should be reserved for the absolute lowest a show can be in all aspects.

You do not have a problem with how Takahashi behaves exactly because you've probably never been exposed to narrative fiction (or real-life experience) which opened your eyes with what is wrong about this sort of attitude.

Also, "Does he treat them like children that need to be supervised in every aspect of their lives?" Well... yes. He goes way beyond what is justifiable in his attention for these students, to the point that he is even called out on it by outsiders (in ep. 11). That's actually the point where I still considered giving the show a more reasonable score... except that the whole aesop was shot to the ground by the end of episode by the (grossly unrealistic and audience pandering, IMO) behaviour of the girls. Again, if you don't find their behaviour to be unrealistic, you should check works which point out to this issue before thinking you can come here to me and tell me "no they're not" and expecting me to nod. Once you did, maybe we can discuss.

Again, I gave it 1/10 just because I can't give it the same score as shows which are markedly better than them. But if you think this show deserves the same score as shows with real plot, chars, comedy/drama, and development like Kokoro Connect or Haruhi Suzumiya, then you clearly have an alien judgment meter to me.

If I wanted a relaxing, heartwarming, satisfying SoL which is not romance driven, So Ra No Wo To is way better than this one, and actually does a serious effort in portraying chars which go beyond their stereotypes and develop into something unique enough to warrant being remembered.

Explain with an example of a thing he is did in the show that is wrong and why it's harmful, telling me to read a work that says it's wrong doesn't say anything.

I don't remember exactly they said in episode 11, but the fact that he was called out on it to begin with means they at least considered other points of view. I think that's more mature than just saying an attitude is completely good or completely harmful. It depends on the person.

Why is it bad that the girls decided for themselves how to feel about the issue and had a different opinion?

Maybe there was some uncomfortable little detail I missed while watching the show, if so I'm all ears.
Apr 7, 2017 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
The water splash particle dynamic physics was top class!
The Mizugi of Satou-sensei was super ero!
Hikari is still quite mischievous!
Machi experienced underwater with her head only!
Yuki still can't stop her laughs with those unintended gag jokes.
I would mid if there's a S2 especially if it's centred to Satou Sakie-sensei
4/5.
7/10.

Apr 8, 2017 10:57 PM

Nov 2012
I'm so glad I picked up this series on a whim. What an unexpected joy this was! I hope we get another season.
Apr 9, 2017 9:39 AM

Mar 2013
Ah it was a good SOL of the past season. Loved it.

When I first heard about it, I was skeptical if it will also turn out like Monmusu. But oh boy I'm sure glad it didn't.

The interaction b/w characters is admirable. The voice acting suits the individuals very well. Especially Hikari, the vampire girl's voice is a spot on. Humor in the show is fine and the clever punchlines pulled in it makes you appreciate them haha.

But above all, the sincere and thorough approach to every issues brought out in the episodes makes it a very endearing and soothing watch in all honesty. I like how MC is earnest and how rationally he tries to solve the problems of those monster girls. The insight to their behavior and the generally believed history related to them make it an interesting watch.
8/10
FinalFlash18Apr 9, 2017 10:02 AM
Apr 10, 2017 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
It was fine, wouldn't mind a second season, but with more Satou-sensei of course.
Apr 11, 2017 7:27 AM

Jun 2016
Boy am I glad I watched this show. Such an unexpected 9/10.

+ Mature, adult male MC who is highly relatable. Takahashi >> Pervert Extraordinaire GTO
+ Focus not on moe or fanservice, but rather on the characters
+ Interesting depiction of issues faced by differently abled people (and quite surprisingly, highly attractive women too)
+ Writing and humour is on point
+ Top-tier dub, which has the banter captured even better than the original
+ Dullahan PHYSICS! Women going into STEM!

Cons:

- Too short. Needs an S2, especially since Hikari lacked character development.
- ???

Apr 11, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2011
How not to write the final episode of an anime.

Man this episode was boring and pointless. It also never really tell us what he is gonna do with all the information he collected. Who had the bright idea to do a fanservice episode as the last episode of this series I'll never know. This show is slightly overrated. It's not a bad but a very below average show that doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting. The artstyle and animation is bland and boring, the characters are hit or miss, the side characters are pointless, and Hikari can go fuck herself.

Overall not a good show, but also not a bad show. It's just below average.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 11, 2017 10:07 AM

Jan 2011
Oh by the way, Maid Dragon did this whole plot and story better. Just watch that. Also the dub is on par with it. I do give credit for this show having a shockingly strong dub. I was close to waiting until Wednesday to finish the show just so I could watch the last eps dubbed.
MasterHavikApr 11, 2017 12:38 PM
Apr 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
MasterHavik said:
Who had the bright idea to do a fanservice episode as the last episode of this series I'll never know.

Personally I like it more than the typical end-of-the-season-drama-and-sudden-genre-shift that so many anime do.
It was a good note to end the anime.

MasterHavik said:
It also never really tell us what he is gonna do with all the information he collected.

We'll know that when the author writes about that in the manga. 100% better than the anime crew thinking up an ending on their own.
What would you do if you were him? If properly used, this information could help demis all around the world.

MasterHavik said:
This show is slightly overrated. It's not a bad but a very below average show that doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting. The artstyle and animation is bland and boring, the characters are hit or miss, the side characters are pointless, and Hikari can go fuck herself.

MasterHavik said:
Oh by the way, Maid Dragon did this whole plot and story better. Just watch that. Also the dub is on par at with it. I do give credit for this show having a shockingly strong dub. I was close to waiting until Wednesday to finish the show just so I could watch the last eps dubbed.

Plot? Story? have they became meaningless words now? Because both anime do not have any overarching plots.
What matters about Demi-chan is, it is believable and mature - in a good way.
Apr 11, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
flannan said:
MasterHavik said:
Who had the bright idea to do a fanservice episode as the last episode of this series I'll never know.

Personally I like it more than the typical end-of-the-season-drama-and-sudden-genre-shift that so many anime do.
It was a good note to end the anime.

MasterHavik said:
It also never really tell us what he is gonna do with all the information he collected.

We'll know that when the author writes about that in the manga. 100% better than the anime crew thinking up an ending on their own.
What would you do if you were him? If properly used, this information could help demis all around the world.

MasterHavik said:
This show is slightly overrated. It's not a bad but a very below average show that doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting. The artstyle and animation is bland and boring, the characters are hit or miss, the side characters are pointless, and Hikari can go fuck herself.

MasterHavik said:
Oh by the way, Maid Dragon did this whole plot and story better. Just watch that. Also the dub is on par at with it. I do give credit for this show having a shockingly strong dub. I was close to waiting until Wednesday to finish the show just so I could watch the last eps dubbed.

Plot? Story? have they became meaningless words now? Because both anime do not have any overarching plots.
Uh...a beach episode is a good way to end a show? uh...what? that is very stupid if you ask since this is usually just to pad the episode length and buy time. You don't use it as a season finale. That's stupid. It also kind of cripples anything episode 11 was trying to do.

I would have liked if the show foreshadows or at least gives a hint to what his plans are with it. You don't need to outright say it. The same can with him just admitting him that the aura Sakkie gives off does effect him.

Well what Maid Dragon does that this show doesn't is actually have character progression and have things carry over. They even used their beach episode(first 10 mins of it) to actually tell us more about our MC. Yes no overarching plot, but it self contain stories had a purpose to them and when we got to the end everything matter. The character have actually grown over time and that's fucking awesome.

Apr 16, 2017 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
Perfect episode to end the anime. When I saw Hikari at the school gate, I knew she made something bad :)
I will miss her, she was so funny :/. And it's too bad that we didn't have a couple between the sensei. Takahashi sensei was not only kind, he was also so sexy. All the girls fell for him.
Demi-chan was such a great anime, I'm sad that it's over.
Apr 17, 2017 5:27 AM

Nov 2014
Exceptionally handled themes, likable mail MC. This show managed to tick the boxes that few anime do. There wasn't a lot of action in the series which made it 8/10 in enjoyment.
Apr 17, 2017 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, this is now officially my favourite monster show, nothing else can even compare to it. Was expecting a bit more character developement from Sensei and Sakie but otherwise it was great.

Guess they had to leave some space and scenes for possible S2. Can't wait, this seems like pretty good start for a series.

8/10 Love those characters.
Apr 18, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
Wellwellwell look what we got in this episode. Naw but for real I loved this last episode.
Everyone looked so happy and it also made me smile during the whole episode. 8/10
Apr 24, 2017 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
How not to end a series 101.

This episode was so boring and should have been episode 11.
Apr 25, 2017 5:35 AM
Feb 2015
Zarator said:
This has to be the worst airing anime I've ever watched - even Urara Meirochou felt marginally more interesting. There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development, basically just cute girls doing cute stuff. There hasn't been any single issue which didn't stem from the demis' unhuman nature (as if they didn't have anything interesting going on in their life besides being demis!), and Takahashi-sensei's white-knight attitude is never ultimately addressed (it was sorta touched upon in ep. 11 but then easily forgiven).

I'd rather play Katawa Shoujo than (re)watch this series - at least the girls in Katawa Shoujo are ACTUAL chars (who're not defined solely by their disabilities), and the MC gets called out on his white-knight attitude when needed. But I guess otakus prefer to have their protective moe-like feelings appeased these days... what a disappointment.

1/10
i agree with you 100%
Apr 25, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

If Demi-chan were a mature show, it wouldn't have ended up hand-waving just about any potential source for drama, filling most of the air time with cute stuff instead. This is "mature" in the same way Urara Meirochou is a seinen: a show for an older audience. But for all the wrong reasons (unless, to you, making a show whose main appeal is cute girls doing cute stuff is somehow not wrong).

If you still see this as a good and mature handling (in a metaphorical sense, ofc) of young people with disabilities or other forms of social impairment, then you have never saw a show which actually handles them well.
Apr 25, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
Zarator said:
flannan said:

If Demi-chan were a mature show, it wouldn't have ended up hand-waving just about any potential source for drama, filling most of the air time with cute stuff instead. This is "mature" in the same way Urara Meirochou is a seinen: a show for an older audience. But for all the wrong reasons (unless, to you, making a show whose main appeal is cute girls doing cute stuff is somehow not wrong).

If you still see this as a good and mature handling (in a metaphorical sense, ofc) of young people with disabilities or other forms of social impairment, then you have never saw a show which actually handles them well.

Demi-chan is mature because it did not create unnecessary drama where there is none to be had.
Himari overreacting to Hikari's misleading messages is probably the only element of unnecessary drama in the show, and even there, Himari didn't brood for days because of a misunderstanding, and went to clarify it straight away.

Zarator said:
But for all the wrong reasons (unless, to you, making a show whose main appeal is cute girls doing cute stuff is somehow not wrong).

Wait, what? o_O
CGDCT shows are an important part of my anime diet, I am watching them regularly, and I believe making them is the right thing to do.
Apr 25, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

Demi-chan is mature because it did not create unnecessary drama where there is none to be had.
Himari overreacting to Hikari's misleading messages is probably the only element of unnecessary drama in the show, and even there, Himari didn't brood for days because of a misunderstanding, and went to clarify it straight away.

It is bad, as you noticed, when a show creates drama from a situation that, realistically speaking, should not be dramatic. But it is just as bad - and that's the problem of Demi-chan (well, one of the problems) - when the show does not create drama where there should, realistically, be some drama.

These characters basically have no issue - especially if we cut out the ones directly caused by their demi nature. And whichever issue they have (such as their relationship with class mates) is quickly wrapped up within the episode as if it didn't even matter that much. That's not how real life works, and for a supposedly "mature" show, that's a downfall if there's one.

Wait, what? o_O
CGDCT shows are an important part of my anime diet, I am watching them regularly, and I believe making them is the right thing to do.

I don't have anything against cute chars per se, but when the main (or only) appeal about a show is that it's CGDCT, then it's something shallow and overdone. The anime world is full of such shows, Demi-chan is nothing special in this respect. The only difference is that some anime (like, say, Shirobako) manage to not only have (some) cute girls, but also have a compelling story or interesting chars to show for.

All Demi-chan has to show for is, well... CGDCT. Being cute and being interesting are different things - as are being cute and being mature.
Apr 26, 2017 1:05 AM

Nov 2009
Zarator said:
flannan said:

It is bad, as you noticed, when a show creates drama from a situation that, realistically speaking, should not be dramatic. But it is just as bad - and that's the problem of Demi-chan (well, one of the problems) - when the show does not create drama where there should, realistically, be some drama.

These characters basically have no issue - especially if we cut out the ones directly caused by their demi nature. And whichever issue they have (such as their relationship with class mates) is quickly wrapped up within the episode as if it didn't even matter that much. That's not how real life works, and for a supposedly "mature" show, that's a downfall if there's one.

I think Demi-chan has all the drama it needs. After all, most people IRL are reasonably well-adjusted and don't have much drama, contrary to what the TV might have told you.
Wrapping things up in 1 episode might not be very realistic, but good for a "heartwarming" anime like Demi-chan. That's what we have editing, timeskips and stuff for - time passes at the viewer's convenience.

Zarator said:

Wait, what? o_O

I don't have anything against cute chars per se, but when the main (or only) appeal about a show is that it's CGDCT, then it's something shallow and overdone. The anime world is full of such shows, Demi-chan is nothing special in this respect. The only difference is that some anime (like, say, Shirobako) manage to not only have (some) cute girls, but also have a compelling story or interesting chars to show for.

All Demi-chan has to show for is, well... CGDCT. Being cute and being interesting are different things - as are being cute and being mature.

Yes, Demi-chan has something that makes it special and interesting. It's the girls' problems which are a metaphor for disability or something. And this theme is handled in a mature way, not played for laughs.
Apr 26, 2017 2:14 AM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

I think Demi-chan has all the drama it needs. After all, most people IRL are reasonably well-adjusted and don't have much drama, contrary to what the TV might have told you.
Wrapping things up in 1 episode might not be very realistic, but good for a "heartwarming" anime like Demi-chan. That's what we have editing, timeskips and stuff for - time passes at the viewer's convenience.

That's because, apparently, all you and other CGDCT fans seem to care about are heartwarming scenes. Unfortunately, me and others prefer shows with more varied content, not sequences of shallow "bawww" moments. And that's why I gave it 1/10 - it is strictly a CGDCT show, with no more appeal than the heartwarming factor. There are dozens of shows out there which are just as heartwarming BUT also have other interesting things to tell.

In other words, according to me and all the others who disliked this show, the editing happened at all the wrong times - solely to pander to the CGDCT fanbase rather than try developing something more complex or original.

Zarator said:

Yes, Demi-chan has something that makes it special and interesting. It's the girls' problems which are a metaphor for disability or something. And this theme is handled in a mature way, not played for laughs.

The disability metaphor is handed horribly - as I told you many times, if you want to see that theme treated seriously (instead of having just a cast of generic moe girls to drool at) you should check Katawa Shoujo or something like that. How can you even TELL that this is a good way to treat the subject, if you don't have any comparisons?

Frankly, if people simply admitted that this is a CGDCT anime, I could accept that - even if I think that these anime are bad and pandering-to-the-base. But I find it laughable that you and many others deem this show "mature" when you don't even know what actually "mature" shows (at least when it comes to this particular theme) look like.
Apr 26, 2017 2:59 AM

Nov 2009
Zarator said:
flannan said:

That's because, apparently, all you and other CGDCT fans seem to care about are heartwarming scenes. Unfortunately, me and others prefer shows with more varied content, not sequences of shallow "bawww" moments. And that's why I gave it 1/10 - it is strictly a CGDCT show, with no more appeal than the heartwarming factor. There are dozens of shows out there which are just as heartwarming BUT also have other interesting things to tell.

In other words, according to me and all the others who disliked this show, the editing happened at all the wrong times - solely to pander to the CGDCT fanbase rather than try developing something more complex or original.

Zarator said:

The disability metaphor is handed horribly - as I told you many times, if you want to see that theme treated seriously (instead of having just a cast of generic moe girls to drool at) you should check Katawa Shoujo or something like that. How can you even TELL that this is a good way to treat the subject, if you don't have any comparisons?

Frankly, if people simply admitted that this is a CGDCT anime, I could accept that - even if I think that these anime are bad and pandering-to-the-base. But I find it laughable that you and many others deem this show "mature" when you don't even know what actually "mature" shows (at least when it comes to this particular theme) look like.

No matter how many times you mention Katawa Shoujo, it doesn't change the fact that Demi-chan has the best treatment of the topic out of all anime.
Just because you like pointlessly dark things like Madoka and Shinsekai Yori, doesn't mean you are qualified to judge actual good and positive stuff like Demi-chan.
I hate this pointless darkness. I already have news for that.
Apr 26, 2017 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

No matter how many times you mention Katawa Shoujo, it doesn't change the fact that Demi-chan has the best treatment of the topic out of all anime.
Just because you like pointlessly dark things like Madoka and Shinsekai Yori, doesn't mean you are qualified to judge actual good and positive stuff like Demi-chan.

Lol, that's like, the only treatment of the topic you ever knew out of anime, how can you say it's the best when it's the only one O.o

It's nice and all to say "I don't like dark shows" or "I prefer heartwarming shows", but to say this show is somehow "mature" and then imply that others who didn't appreciate it couldn't understand its "maturity" (as many "fans" touted in this thread) just goes to show that you have no idea of what actually "mature" shows are.

And no, "dark" does not equal "mature". Mirai Nikki is dark but is not mature. Usagi Drop is mature but is not dark. The very fact you felt the need to compare this to "dark and edgy" shows only goes to prove my point that you and others have no idea of what a "mature" show is. A mature show is not a show full of drama, angst, or all that. A mature show is a show which does not handwave reality for the sake of heartwarming-ness, or drama, or whatever. Usagi Drop (the anime, not the manga) is a mature show because, despite being mostly (very) heartwarming, does not avoid the realistic consequences of the stuff it portrays, and it actually makes a serious attempt to give some depth to its characters, rather than stylize them as caricatures to pander to the audience's needs to see cute stuff on the screen.

You don't need news, or pointless darkness, or whatever you can come up with to defend your exaltation of CGDCT as "maturity". You and others just need to understand what "maturity" is. Then you can go on and decide by yourselves whether you like it or not - I for one am a fun of many shows which are obviously NOT "mature", such as the aforementioned Mirai Nikki (even if I rated it only 7/10, I did enjoy it). But to say that Demi-chan is "mature" is an offense to all the actually "mature" shows - which are not "better" or "worse", but simply different.

Personally, I feel that "maturity" does add to the value of a show, and my personal scale is skewed towards seinen/josei shows as a result, but it's perfectly understandable that you and others might feel differently. But please, please stop touting yourselves as appreciating "mature" shows when it's pretty obvious you're there just for the CGDCT stuff. You don't see me going around and say that School Days, Mirai Nikki, Mnemosyne or any other such shows are "mature". I liked them, I enjoy them, but I sure as hell don't think they're "mature", and I don't treat ppl who disliked them as "immature". This show is in the same boat, along with Urara Meirochou and all the other CGDCT. Cute, but sure as hell not mature.
ZaratorApr 26, 2017 4:07 AM
Apr 26, 2017 4:34 AM

Nov 2009
Zarator said:
flannan said:

Lol, that's like, the only treatment of the topic you ever knew out of anime, how can you say it's the best when it's the only one O.o

It's nice and all to say "I don't like dark shows" or "I prefer heartwarming shows", but to say this show is somehow "mature" and then imply that others who didn't appreciate it couldn't understand its "maturity" (as many "fans" touted in this thread) just goes to show that you have no idea of what actually "mature" shows are.

And no, "dark" does not equal "mature". Mirai Nikki is dark but is not mature. Usagi Drop is mature but is not dark. The very fact you felt the need to compare this to "dark and edgy" shows only goes to prove my point that you and others have no idea of what a "mature" show is. A mature show is not a show full of drama, angst, or all that. A mature show is a show which does not handwave reality for the sake of heartwarming-ness, or drama, or whatever. Usagi Drop (the anime, not the manga) is a mature show because, despite being mostly (very) heartwarming, does not avoid the realistic consequences of the stuff it portrays, and it actually makes a serious attempt to give some depth to its characters, rather than stylize them as caricatures to pander to the audience's needs to see cute stuff on the screen.

You don't need news, or pointless darkness, or whatever you can come up with to defend your exaltation of CGDCT as "maturity". You and others just need to understand what "maturity" is. Then you can go on and decide by yourselves whether you like it or not - I for one am a fun of many shows which are obviously NOT "mature", such as the aforementioned Mirai Nikki (even if I rated it only 7/10, I did enjoy it). But to say that Demi-chan is "mature" is an offense to all the actually "mature" shows - which are not "better" or "worse", but simply different.

Personally, I feel that "maturity" does add to the value of a show, and my personal scale is skewed towards seinen/josei shows as a result, but it's perfectly understandable that you and others might feel differently. But please, please stop touting yourselves as appreciating "mature" shows when it's pretty obvious you're there just for the CGDCT stuff. You don't see me going around and say that School Days, Mirai Nikki, Mnemosyne or any other such shows are "mature". I liked them, I enjoy them, but I sure as hell don't think they're "mature", and I don't treat ppl who disliked them as "immature". This show is in the same boat, along with Urara Meirochou and all the other CGDCT. Cute, but sure as hell not mature.

Let me re-state. I do not claim that all CGDCT shows are mature. Only that specifically Demi-chan is. Maybe Galko-chan too. Summer season's Centaur's Worries might turn out mature too, depending on how it would be adapted (that one has racism as a major topic).

And no, I do not equate darkness with maturity. That's why I consider Demi-chan to be mature, even though it is not dark. Because it neither shied from facing the problems, nor poured darkness on it to the point where it was all hopelessness. It might even open the door for better works: if you feel that something was not done right, surely some author will feel the same, and write a work that is better.
Apr 26, 2017 7:32 AM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

Let me re-state. I do not claim that all CGDCT shows are mature. Only that specifically Demi-chan is. Maybe Galko-chan too. Summer season's Centaur's Worries might turn out mature too, depending on how it would be adapted (that one has racism as a major topic).

I also noticed Centaur's Worries, though I'm worried (pun unintended) that it might go down the "heartwarming" path of Demi-chan instead of trying to treat these issues with a "reality ensues" mindset.

And no, I do not equate darkness with maturity. That's why I consider Demi-chan to be mature, even though it is not dark. Because it neither shied from facing the problems, nor poured darkness on it to the point where it was all hopelessness. It might even open the door for better works: if you feel that something was not done right, surely some author will feel the same, and write a work that is better.

Yes but when you replied to my accusation that Demi-chan is not "mature", you mentioned "dark" shows like Shinsekai Yori or PMMM, as if I equated "mature" with "dark". What I tried to tell you and others is that no, I don't think a show needs to be "dark" to be "mature", and a show can be both "mature" and "heartwarming", but Demi-chan wasn't because of all the problems with shallow chars and handwaving that I mentioned above.

Not everybody who dislikes Demi-chan is a fan of "dark" shows. I mean, right now I'm watching Kimi Ni Todoke and it's very, VERY heartwarming, and I'm liking it. But it's leagues better than Demi-chan in terms of characters so far, and that's what makes the difference - it's easier to care for a character that we know as complex and multi-faceted, rather than "generic cute girl with a smile".
Apr 26, 2017 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
@Zarator - I feel we're going in circles, so I would like to finish this discussion.
May 14, 2017 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
One step forward for Takahashi sensei to become the harem king of the school, like damn. Props to him for having such an amazing self restraint against Satou's aphrodisiac effect, that's a serious skill there especially when they're underwater with Satou sensei in bikini.

Not sure if there are no male demi humans, maybe they should add Harem to the tag and still kinda curious about the other 2 dulahans, pretty enjoyable series.

Overall score 7/10 will be missed
May 17, 2017 5:55 AM

Mar 2015
My God did Sakie look good. Saved the best for last huh!

9/10, second season please!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 21, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
This was an interesting, charming and fun watch. Will read the manga. The idea was genuinely interesting and it was fun learning about the demis. The characters were pretty cute and charming, especially Takahashi sensei and succubus sensei was also super cute and her crush on Takahashi sensei was way too cute. Pretty good voice acting as well(I really like Takahashi sensei's VA). The pool scene where Machi gets to see how being underwater is like was superb. Now this is how you do a show with monster girls!

8/10
:3
Jun 1, 2017 7:45 PM

Dec 2015
She's such a sly fox, to try and trick her way out of that situation xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 5, 2017 1:48 AM
Apr 2013
Fun to watch. Loved the lighthearted-ness of the Anime.

Felt kinda slow for me overall, but the Slice-Of-Life school aspect of the Anime was a nice breather from the other drama/action-packed Anime out there.

Glad that the Demi-girls were able to become situated with their environment and make new friends at the end.

EVEN THOUGH TAKAHASHI COULDN'T TAKE THE HINT FROM SATOU THIS TIME, HOPEFULLY HE PICKS UP NEXT TIME. THE SHIP NEEDS TO SET SAIL STILL

But, really hope a season 2 comes out for this soon.
9/10
Jun 8, 2017 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
Very nice episode. Fanservice wasn't overused at all (Satou-sensei's scenes were more cute than sexy, in my opinion), even if this was a pool episode.
The lesson about animals' eyes was nice. Hikari and Takahashi acting as vampires were silly and funny. I also liked the new misunderstanding that Hikari caused by sending the pantsu message to her sister. lol
Takahashi's interactions with Hikari are always great. We also got some Takahashi and Satou dialogue. He cared a lot about her, but he doesn't get her approaches. lol I ship Takahashi and Satou so much!
Satakke was funny again.
We also got some information about the dullahan's legends while all the girls (demi and not) had a great time. :D
Stupid sexy Takahashi got some nice muscles!
Takahashi's and Hikari's final scene was cute, as always. They get along really well. Such a scene was a great ending.

Not sure if there could be a second season without getting repetitive, but I really liked this show so I wouldn't mind at all. No drama, just cute and relaxing stuff. :3 The only thing I didn't like was the introduction of Ugaki and Kurtz, which felt useless. Episode 10 was a bit "meh", too, but I liked everything else aside from that.
LhasApsJun 8, 2017 11:30 AM
Jul 7, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2016
That was a very heartwarming finale episode. I'm not crying. I'm not crying. I really loved this show so much. I need a 2nd season. I'm going to miss everyone in this show. ;-;

9/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 12, 2017 12:21 AM

Jun 2015
That was a pretty solid ending. Both senseis have rockin' bodies.
:)
Jul 14, 2017 4:07 AM
Oct 2015
Let's just hope we get season 2, also Satou-sensei O_O
Heckle was here...
Jul 22, 2017 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was a nice show. It did feel a little slow in between but apart from that it was alright. 7/10
Jul 29, 2017 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
this was an uplifting show with lovely characters and fun comedy. It handled some mature topics quite well too, so it's definately worth a strong 9/10
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Aug 13, 2017 2:44 PM
May 2012
i gotta say that i enjoyed watching this. it's been a while.
a season 2 would be nice.
Aug 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2017
I really loved this show! But to be honest i think there should've been a bit more between Takahashi and Sakki (not the sexual way), just a bit more romance or something like that. Ive always loved her face when she was so nervous in not showing her feelings ^^ Overall an amazing Anime with lots of comedy :)

8/10

Sep 7, 2017 4:10 PM

Feb 2013
Machi went underwater with her head, nice.
Hikari should be more careful about the sun.
8/10 overall, a good and tranquil anime.
I lol at all the people saying that they didn't like it because there was no action, what were they expecting to happen?
A battle between them to the death for sensei, lol, lame.
Sep 18, 2017 9:04 AM

Feb 2015
Apart from the fairly frequent cringe and awkwardness in some scenes, this was pretty cool. Nice to see an adult MC that's actually competent for once. It's good the show didn't go off track and into cheap harem territory (though it seemed like it would at times), and instead stuck to the monster girls theme.

Overall enjoyed it, but would probably not watch a season 2.
Nov 25, 2017 8:42 AM

Oct 2012
Sorry Satakke it's only for sensei's harem members xD

I like this anime
It's pretty chill
The problem is relativity a small problem but for Demi-chan(s), they're big problem they can't handle it alone
Therefore sensei is there for them, teaching them.. or so it seems
It's the opposite the sensei got more knowledge by teaching them <3

Now I need to watch the sequel, excuse me xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 28, 2017 5:37 AM

Sep 2012
it was okay harem 8/10

if ppl want something more & similar then this is it
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30307/Monster_Musume_no_Iru_Nichijou?q=monster
only thing it is ecchi as well & similar quarrels like in sekirei all wanting MC'S attention, but here the monsters are not in school & are adults 18+ so the difference is they are not teens & no school & no teacher so they can hit on MC as much as they like
Dec 4, 2017 3:59 PM

Oct 2015
I will miss Tetsuo's reaction to Sakie's aphrodisiac effect, most of all I will miss all the demi-chans especially Hikari.

Hoping for another season, so 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 10, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode to end this show. It really was very enjoyable to watch, not quite as good as MonMusu bur really really close. 9/10
Jan 12, 2018 6:23 PM
Aug 2016
Just needed something lighthearted like this show. Loved it.

I got stuck on the musical piece playing when they were in the pool, does anyone know what it is?
Would love to keep playing it.
Apr 30, 2018 12:03 PM
Jan 2016
Nice ending. I really love this anime!!
May 1, 2018 11:40 PM

Jan 2018
Zarator said:
There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development, basically just cute girls doing cute stuff. There hasn't been any single issue which didn't stem from the demis' unhuman nature (as if they didn't have anything interesting going on in their life besides being demis!), and Takahashi-sensei's white-knight attitude is never ultimately addressed (it was sorta touched upon in ep. 11 but then easily forgiven).

I'd rather play Katawa Shoujo than (re)watch this series - at least the girls in Katawa Shoujo are ACTUAL chars (who're not defined solely by their disabilities), and the MC gets called out on his white-knight attitude when needed. But I guess otakus prefer to have their protective moe-like feelings appeased these days... what a disappointment.

1/10

1) I'm not sure if this is news to you, but people can innately be kind-hearted without having a reason to be as such.

2) Also, I'm not sure if you're just oblivious to your surroundings, but there are some development. There was nothing BUT developments throughout the entire run. And not all great anime has to have drama to be good. Plus this is a slice of life. Why are you expecting action in a SLICE OF LIFE?
Edit: I've checked your profile and you rate Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou a perfect 10. Why? There's no development, no action (slapstick is comedy, not "action") and no drama. Just a bunch of stupid teenage guys doing stupid teenage things. The thing is, when a slice of life does really well in comedy, everything else is irrelevant to you. For some people, when a series does really well in moe, everything else is irrelevant to them. You're being a biased asshat. Stop being a biased asshat.

3) "Cute girls doing cute stuff" is how the anime industry thrive and survive. Maybe you should learn how business and demographics work.
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give your intelligence a 1/10
BofthreeMay 1, 2018 11:50 PM

May 2, 2018 6:32 AM

Jul 2016
Bofthree said:

1) I'm not sure if this is news to you, but people can innately be kind-hearted without having a reason to be as such.

2) Also, I'm not sure if you're just oblivious to your surroundings, but there are some development. There was nothing BUT developments throughout the entire run. And not all great anime has to have drama to be good. Plus this is a slice of life. Why are you expecting action in a SLICE OF LIFE?
Edit: I've checked your profile and you rate Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou a perfect 10. Why? There's no development, no action (slapstick is comedy, not "action") and no drama. Just a bunch of stupid teenage guys doing stupid teenage things. The thing is, when a slice of life does really well in comedy, everything else is irrelevant to you. For some people, when a series does really well in moe, everything else is irrelevant to them. You're being a biased asshat. Stop being a biased asshat.

3) "Cute girls doing cute stuff" is how the anime industry thrive and survive. Maybe you should learn how business and demographics work.
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give your intelligence a 1/10

Wow, such a late reply :-)

First of all, are you sure you checked the right profile? I've never even watched that Danshi anime you're talking about, it's not even on my PTW list.

Also, about your points... first of all, "CGDCT is how anime industry survives" is debatable. There are plenty of anime which manage to create good content without resorting (just) to a CGDCT formula. And since when should one rate an anime higher because of its attempt to pander to an audience, rather than creating something of actual value?

Second, that an anime is Slice of Life doesn't exempt it from creating good content. You can have anime where nothing really happens, but the anime still manages to be interesting because, say, its chars are unique/deep, the comedy is compelling in an unusual way, or some other things which distinguishes it from the competition. Demi-chan did not really have any of those things in my opinion.

The only thing I can say is that, since I've rated this, I had to admit that many worse (much worse, indeed) anime do exist - Shobitch, Dies Irae, 18if, and many more - so I eventually raised Demi-chan's score a bit (up to 3/10, to be precise - which actually puts it on par with similarly "stock pandering" shows such as Elite Classroom and Centaur no Nayami btw). This, though, doesn't change the fact that I consider Demi-chan a somewhat below average anime product - exactly for the reasons you pointed out. Maybe, before attacking my intelligence, you could at least get my profile right.
Oct 24, 2018 2:36 AM

May 2015
Really solid stuff for me. It was fun. 8/10. Would watch 2nd season.

Man, Sensei is jacked as hell.

Those booobs. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jan 7, 2017

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.