Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2017 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shimei's moment with Rin is funny and cute. She geninuely cares about his well-being.

Shura and Mephisto's scene made me roll my eyes a bit. So lewd
Looks like this pretty much concludes the story arc involving the Supreme King. The finale of this season was rather relaxing as a follow up after all the drama.

Overall, I am impressed by the adaptation this season, a lot more than I had expected to be. Nice to see Rin and the others have fun during their stay in Kyoto in the aftermath :D

Mar 24, 2017 10:43 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like everyone's safe, including that delinquent-looking guy's father.

Wow, "always friends." (She's embarrassed even saying so)

Drunk teacher... but actually she is suspicious of the demon principal.

They still have to convince the higher up about the about main guy.

Pink hair guy's brother wanting to marry that girl who used to betray them.

Field trip around Kyoto among the class. lol @ keep saying "Satan's son".

Serious brothers talk. Younger worries about older keep using satan's power. In truth, they want to surpass each other and jealous of each other.

Edit: I totally forgot about the existence of OVA already (and it's soon). Yeah, I look forward to that.
tsubasaloverMar 24, 2017 5:40 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 24, 2017 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
omfg it's over noooo 😭😭
Season 3 Please! !!
Mar 24, 2017 12:25 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale to the arc and this season.

Rin getting friendzoned by Shiemi and Shima overhearing that was just pure gold. XD

Them marriage proposals to Mamushi by Juzo. XD Still, glad to see both of them getting together especially after whatever they did last night. :) :)
All's well that ends well I suppose. :D

Kyoto tour was pretty fun to watch, Them Satan's son running gags though, :3
The group picture was great, them poses to spell Satan. xD

Great use of soundtrack in this episode and the final brotherly conversation between Rin and Yukio was really nice.

Overall, great and faithful adaptation of a great arc. Easily better than whatever they pulled in the first season. Don't really think anything more needs to be said.

8/10
Mar 24, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
I love it!
I want more!
Please, make another season asap! *.*
Mar 24, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2012
Great season overall.

Rin, mah boy, -cough- better luck next time.

Mamushi's pretty cute, I think Juzo did fine in that department. I wonder what exactly they did the day before though, huh? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's great to see everyone friendly again.

Hopefully the sales do well, which I'm sure they will, then maybe we'll get dat 3rd season. There'll definitely be a big plot twist for a lot of people, maybe

Anyway, this season was great and it helped me with a lotta details I had forgotten about

Mar 24, 2017 12:35 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a great happy finale, also the comedy here was amazing, laughed way too much.

Gonna miss this series again, i hope we get more in the future.

8/10.
Mar 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
A much better stopping place for the anime. Now I want more. Season 3 please?
Mar 24, 2017 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
Aww, over already?! I'm going to miss Rin. (╯︵╰,)

I'm glad they decided to make this season.
Mar 24, 2017 12:57 PM
Jun 2014
Good adaptation. Everything has already been said. I also loved how happy the father actually was when he realized the genuine love of Juzo for his daughter.
Shima saying it's discusting was pretty funny aswell, because what he said was kinda true. They were like family to each other with the brothers and sisters always having bickering with each other.

Still trouble to decide if I should rate it a 7 or 8.. Currently rated it a 7, but the feels I got from the anime makes me want to give it an 8. I think I will go for 8 now, especially how well done the final episode was.
Mar 24, 2017 12:59 PM

Mar 2017
Next season is where big shift in tone occur. They really need to adapt it
Mar 24, 2017 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice conclusion, this season definitely changed my view about this series, but still think about it as only good and give it a 7. And now might check manga.
Mar 24, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
so this final episode has
rin x shiemi = cute romance
mephisto x shura = hot adult romance
juzo x mamushi = marriage
rin x yukio = bromance

it feels like an ending of the whole story already lol
Mar 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2015
Poor Rin, he was permanently thrown into the friendhole 😂😂

Damnnnn, Shura never ceases to impress with her outfit choices. Mephisto of course has plans for Rin.

I was waiting for Juuzou to announce his relationship with Mamushi 😀 it was as fun as I remembered from the manga!

Overall it was a nice second season, started pretty good, but it was kinda stretched imo and the action took too long to actually start. 7/10 from me.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 24, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2016
Gaaaaaaaaaaah, the Shiemi and Rin moments were just to damn cute

Other than that it was a very good finale. The season was alot better than i thought it would be.

I still think that Blue exorcist works best as a anime so let's hope we can get a 3rd season real soon

8/10
Mar 24, 2017 1:45 PM

Jan 2008
Ah, they did the Mamushi and Juzo part quite nicely. I smiled throughout the entirety of it. Marriage is the next step after what they did last night! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Them teasing Takara a little bit with the Shura questioning Mephisto, which is related to the next arc.

Would love another season, next season has much more action.

No info about the OVA but will most likely be the beach episode before they leave Kyoto.
Mar 24, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, the moment when Juzo proposed to Mamushi was great.
Lol, everyone making that joke of doing what the son of Satan is saying was great too.
Poor Rin, he was friendzoned.
Mar 24, 2017 2:27 PM

May 2010
Liked the Rin x Shiemi moments.
Mamushi x Juzo marriage was very nice considering I like their chemistry from the start.

Yukio is annoying me a lot.

Good season I guess. Had its average parts but not bad. 6.5/10
TragicRomanceMar 24, 2017 2:32 PM
Mar 24, 2017 2:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really nice ending overall.....It was great to see the gang act like family again and ho on their trip together

But man the comedy in this was great lol....I still hate Mamushi but man that marriage stuff was HILARIOUS (I have no comment on the fact that Juzo smashed the night before) and I was dying and crying at the same time when my boy Rin got friendzoned lol

That scene with Mephisto and Shura tho ;) Man that was hot xD But that makes me want a S3 even more now....Plus I still wanna know WHAT'S UP WITH YUKIO'S EYES DAMMIT

Overall this was a great season and I liked just as much as S1 (I didn't watch the filler eps so the season ended at ep 17 for me)
Mar 24, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2015
This season was totallt not for me. It was boring and final boss was just big blob.

At least Mamushi gets some bang.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 24, 2017 3:42 PM
Jul 2013
Paul said:
No info about the OVA but will most likely be the beach episode before they leave Kyoto.

According to Ao no Exorcist's Wiki, the OVA is going to be based on a second chapter of the "Home Sweet Home" novel that's focusing on Juzo and Mamushi's days while they were studying at the True Cross Academy.
Mar 24, 2017 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
Did not enjoy this as much as i enjoyed the first season.
Hopefully there will be more!
Mar 24, 2017 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
KuroiKyuubi said:
Paul said:

According to Ao no Exorcist's Wiki, the OVA is going to be based on a second chapter of the "Home Sweet Home" novel that's focusing on Juzo and Mamushi's days while they were studying at the True Cross Academy.

Meh. That's a shame.
Mar 24, 2017 4:10 PM

May 2015
That was good closure for the season. Not sure if we'll ever see the rest of the show animated if it's not selling well, but the final 5-6 episodes redeemed the season.

Especially got a good laugh out of Shiori "friendzoning" Rin for life; good stuff.
Mar 24, 2017 4:28 PM

Mar 2014
It's always scary when your favorite anime gets a new season, since you have to worry that it won't be as good as the 1st.

But I'm so happy that Blue Exorcist got this season, and it was amazing! It may not have had as much action in every episode like before, but the art was a definite improvement and there was plenty of character development going on, with nice bits of comedy mixed in.

10/10 (yes I'm biased because Rin is my favorite MC of all time)
Mar 24, 2017 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
It was a nice ending for this season. After the intense stuff of the previous episodes, this was the best way to end this; with the characters taking a deserved rest. Happy for Juuzo and Mamushi too.
Poor Rin, though, he was friendzoned so hard it hurt even me.

Better than the mess that was the ending of the first season.
I really want a season 3 considering this arc was just for Rin to be accepted by his friends and to develop Ryuji's character. The stuff with Satan is still unresolved too. I may end up reading the manga to see how the story goes after this arc and to have more Shura's hot scenes.

Now, time to wait for the OVA.
Mar 24, 2017 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Nice way to end a season... A brotherly conversation, a out of nowhere marriage and RIN GOT FRIENDZONE?!... (I pity you now dude). Anyways, this second season wasn't as good as the first, but I still liked it.

Critical Score: 71.25%
Enjoyment Score: 75.33%

Mar 24, 2017 6:45 PM

Dec 2013
This was a definite step up from the first season but the pacing still could've been better.

Rin getting permanently friend zone and Shina's reaction to it was gold!

Never really shipped Juzo and Mamushi but Mamushi's reaction to the marriage was too cute!

Best parts were the satan jokes
Mar 24, 2017 6:48 PM

Aug 2016
Excellent last episode full of funny moments. I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first. Solid arc full of development for a lot of characters.

7/10 for me.
Mar 24, 2017 10:34 PM

Jun 2014
I think this was a bit more enjoyable than the first season but overall, maybe since I'm not a big Blue Exorcist kind of guy, it still felt rather average to me. 5/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 24, 2017 10:37 PM
Jun 2016
Ending was not all happy, Rin got friendzoned lol.
Mar 24, 2017 10:39 PM
Jul 2016
I really like this season. It's sad that is finished, I want season 3.

Really like Mamushi x Juzo scene, was so funny. And also the tour of Kyoto.
Mar 24, 2017 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
Mmmmm Mamushi X Juzo was <3
Would love a season 3, this iteration definitely improved my feelings towards the series as a whole.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 25, 2017 12:52 AM

Feb 2014
That was a nice ending to the season. The Shiemi & Rin moments were nice and her "friendzoning" him while everyone was listening was funny though the way she was acting seems she have more feelings for him though she doesn't know it yet. Probably because the way she grow up, she probably thought a completely different thing then Rin.
Juzo saying he wanted to marry Mamushi caught me by surprise. I knew he had feelings for her (and seemingly her for him) but wow that was a jump, still a great moment though. Wonder how exactly did he "comfort" her the night before.
Was nice to see the group enjoy a day off while some were having fun with Rin's lineage. And was surprised to see the normally serious Yukio taking part in the picture prank. Rin & Yukio had a nice talk that seemed to clear Yukio mind abit, which seemed good; still wondering about those eyes.
This ending felt a bit like the calm before the storm ending though. I also wonder where was Takara (the puppet guy) for most of this season, he just reappeared out of nowhere at the end and the show seems to be hinting that he is important to something.
Overall I enjoyed this season and was nice to get a bit more background on some of the characters. I hope another season comes soon.
Mar 25, 2017 1:03 AM

Oct 2016
That was a nice epilogue. I feel for you Rin. Don't worry, I prefer that tsundere girl over Shiemi anyway. With the way it ended, I'm hopeful for a 3rd season. Bring it on
Mar 25, 2017 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
so Rin got friend zoned forever
Mar 25, 2017 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
The last episode really concludes this arc perfectly; showing us that everyone is alright. Shiemi friend-zoning Rin is cute and reminds me of one of the recent chapters; poor guy gets turned down twice. He must have it bad with getting dates.

It's nice to see Rin care that his brother is exhausted and their little talk at the end was nice too. The trip around Kyoto was nice to see what they did before they headed back; the 'Satan' sign everyone did was funny and the running gag of it in the last part shows how much they've grown close to Rin now.

I love this series and the next arc is probably just as good; even better and I hope that gets adapted soon as well.
Mar 25, 2017 2:05 AM

Jan 2013
Alright, it was a nice ride, but this arc was boring at a few parts. The only part which made up for it was the action in the 11th episode, though I'll still not be changing the score of 6/10.
Mar 25, 2017 2:23 AM

Jan 2008
I remember how the Juzo/Mamushi scene made me confused when I first read it in the manga. I was wondering what they really did the night before but then I was thinking that I don't see them going all the way but maybe they did? I mean, it's a bit out of character for Mamushi to allow Juzo to have his way with her just like that but who knows. Juzo's line was really misleading. I didn't like Mamushi at the beginning but she grew on me and I don't mind her much now.

I never shipped Rin/Shiemi as I always wanted Rin and Izumo together but I think it'll ultimately be Rin/Shiemi.
Mar 25, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
Well, it was always going to be a more relaxing episode after last week's major fight, but in this case I'm perfectly fine with that given that this felt like the culmination of all the development this season has done, especially with that conversation between Rin and Yukio at the end. In any case, this was definitely more enjoyable than the original series, so hopefully we don't have to wait anywhere near as long for a third season.

8/10
Mar 25, 2017 3:22 AM
Oct 2007
Nice wrap-up for this season. Top notch production value but too bad they decided to go with just one arc over the span of 12 episodes. That pacing was probably a bit too slow for me. Hopefully that's not a plan that backfire on the studio though because I sure as hell want to watch season 3!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 4:20 AM

Apr 2016
For me, it can go on :)

Simply a nice arc (7/10)
Mar 25, 2017 5:48 AM

Aug 2016
It was a really good adaptation actually!
I love the series and manga as a whole so seeing anything animated is always so much fun.
Don't worry Rin, Shiemi just doesn't truly understand romantic feelings yet, just you wait <3

Season 3 would be really nice, the future arcs are super intense!
But I guess just getting a season 2 was a blessing ~
Mar 25, 2017 8:04 AM

May 2015
Ah, a light-hearted finale, I loved it. That SATAN joke XD!

I'm going to miss this series. I'm hoping for another season, but considering the current BD sales, I have to wonder.... Who knows?

Great arc and great season overall. 9/10.

Mar 25, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2013
I thought Rin was going to be the death of this anime with his idiocy but no, it turns out to be Yukio. He was really fucking annoying the entire season with his rigid personality and self doubt which was dragged on for too long. It's like can't you spend one episode without screaming please -_- I thought screaming like a baboon was Rin's trademark but Rin was surprisingly rather docile and capable compared to the buffoon that is Yukio.

I rate this higher than the first season but Yukio was too much a pain in the ass that I can't give this more than 6/10

Fuck you Yukio!
Mar 25, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Watching this was almost nostalgic, really took me back to 2011 when I had no worries other than watching anime before spoilers lol
I'm kinda sad to see it end, hope a third season happens but considering the sales I don't think so.
But who knows, anything is possible
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 25, 2017 9:31 AM

Sep 2015
Awww loved the moment at the beginning with Shiemi and Rin.

Liked it more that last season but overall it was just okay.
Mar 25, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2011
Rin all flustered over Shiemi was c u t e !! Poor boy though. :>

and Juzo x Mamushi; saw it coming a mile away hahaha.
Rin is such a good person and brother imo. Despite Yukio always being so rigid and mean to him.
Mar 25, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2015
Now the question is how long do we have to wait for a continuation? Six years? Seven?
Mar 25, 2017 2:50 PM

Dec 2013
the Satan jokes were pretty funny haha
I think it's interesting how much this arc wasn't focused on Rin as the main character. His brother even had the last lines of this whole season. Hope we get a S3 ... one day
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2017

75 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.