Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm an episode featuring Shino, Kiba, etc.
This arc sure likes to jump to places.

The episode had a slightly more serious feel compared to the recent episodes. Shino is such an underrated character seriously. Not much changed about him though.
Mar 9, 2017 3:14 AM

Feb 2012
Shino looks cool lol.

Nice ep, 1 more left til the big day.
Mar 9, 2017 3:42 AM

Mar 2014
Fun episode.
The girl Kiba ran into was hot, Kurenia is a total milf too.
I wanna see some fights with Naruto though.
Mar 9, 2017 4:34 AM

Nov 2013
hinata looks so cute after the ending song =D

i think tamaki is the girl kiba married lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 9, 2017 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
Orochimaru is scared of bugs now, please stop ruining his character already lol, it's funny but they are overdoing it.
Mar 9, 2017 5:56 AM

Jun 2014
Shino and Kiba get the focus this episode. I really wish Kishimoto had spent a little more time developing Shino in the manga because I feel like he had potential to be a decently interesting character. Unfortunately he ended up being used for that running gag of always being forgotten and left out.

winddevil1 said:
i think tamaki is the girl kiba married lol

I don't think they're married, I think they're just seeing each other (at least that's how it was in the final manga chapter). I haven't seen any of the Boruto epilogue stuff though so idk maybe they're actually married by then.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 2017 6:14 AM

Jun 2012
They are using Orochimaru way too much already.
Mar 9, 2017 7:00 AM
Jul 2016
Last week they said the episode after this was gonna be "Sakuras feelings" and I was like yessssss Sasukes coming back. And all but now they've changed it?!? As usual getting my hopes up and. Being let down but despite all the next episode looks good and this episode was. Ok
Mar 9, 2017 7:45 AM

Jun 2015
Shino got some development. I like his new look. He looks cool. Orochimaru freaking out from the bugs was funny.
Mar 9, 2017 7:48 AM

Dec 2014
well Shino had focus this time...but he forever seems like a side character
Mar 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
Shino was the most adorable this episode.
Orochimaru lol
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 9, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2015
This epi feel more NS... serious and less comedy... NS in comedy is such a drag not fun to watch ;) really like that epi.. Tamaki girl get straight from Manga into this epi. Pierrot good job =D & finally we will be able to see Hinata-chan in next epi <3

P.S. Shino is soo underrated and I hate it! But this really put him the forefront!

Mar 9, 2017 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
i saw the talking ninja cat and was like srsly what has the show come to
then remembered kakashis talking ninja dogs lmao
but kiba finally got his bae <3 now what about poor shino ;;
fairyMar 9, 2017 10:30 AM
Mar 9, 2017 10:51 AM
Jul 2014
Lmao Orochimaru is so afraid :D
One step closer to the wedding
Mar 9, 2017 2:00 PM

May 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Shino and Kiba get the focus this episode. I really wish Kishimoto had spent a little more time developing Shino in the manga because I feel like he had potential to be a decently interesting character. Unfortunately he ended up being used for that running gag of always being forgotten and left out.

Well, I ended up believing that this is actually the case.
After all, "mushi" is the pronunciation for both words "insect" and "ignore". :x
Mar 9, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2015
Mirai, Asuma (R.I.P.) & Kurenai is a charming child.

I don’t know anything about Naruto and beyond but I would like to see Shino as a teacher for the younglings... In Boruto.

Kiba... a dog trainer/owner in love(?) with a cat trainer/owner… Oh, the irony… I also want to see them as a couple in Boruto.
Mar 9, 2017 9:17 PM

Apr 2015
Loved This Episode And Shino Deserves A Little More Of The Spotlight!!!
Mar 10, 2017 1:42 AM

May 2014
Really enjoyed this episode, I'm really loving how generous Pierrot with the art and animation are with these novel adaptions, pretty sweet.

Mar 10, 2017 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
At this point, I just feel that Orochimaru is there to troll Yamato because he knows that he's being followed. But it bothers me that none of the Konoha 11 be like "the fuck is Orochimaru doing?"

Anyway, finally Hinata will get some screen time next week! Like damn, come on! This whole arc revolves around her and Naruto yet they didn't utter a single line yet.

But this episode is a nice touch to Shino being a teacher and Kiba ending up with that cat owner.

Mar 10, 2017 5:17 AM
Nov 2012
Wauw, hinata in the preview cuteness was 16 out of 10 x)
Mar 10, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know why, but I would prefer Kiba x Tenten, but the cat women works too I guess.
Mar 11, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Guess it was only to show the person Kiba married to...
Mar 12, 2017 7:41 AM

Jun 2016
I loved how they used the good ol' "nervous" ost when shino was talking to that honey guy.
Mar 14, 2017 1:31 AM

Jan 2013
Wow it's been so long since Shino and Kiba had any screen time, let alone any development. I mean I've been following Naruto for 10 years +, so it's weird to see
Mar 15, 2017 7:35 AM
Feb 2015
I felt so sad when they mentioned that it would be their last mission as team 8 :(
chuuya28Mar 15, 2017 8:11 AM
Mar 17, 2017 2:42 AM
May 2012
don't worry Shino, you are still cool.
i like how the kids and Iruka let him finish.
also, what the fuck happened to orochimaru ahahaha.

DlynK said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Well, I ended up believing that this is actually the case.
After all, "mushi" is the pronunciation for both words "insect" and "ignore". :x

why didn't i notice that :O
Mar 18, 2017 11:28 AM

May 2010
Shino episode, yeah, thata's what we fucking need two episodes till the very end of Naruto xD

The only slightly interesting thing about it was Kiba meeting the cat girl I guess. I don't remember if they have any kids in Boruto - although it could be kinda fun to see someone controlling both dogs and cats I guess :>

Btw didn't Mirai had black hair in the manga? @_@
Mar 19, 2017 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
2 episodes left, holy hell the ride is almost over.
Mar 22, 2017 4:43 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see that at this point most of Naruto's friends now have an idea on what they are sending Naruto for his wedding gift. Shino has always been good with creating some impressive things with is insects. I like Shino's new look though. Man these kids sure are posting some deep questions for Shino. So Kiba and Shino haven't got their gifts yet eh. In a way Kiba is right in that once Hinata gets married she won't be able to go on missions that often. I guess its everyone's dream to become Hokage one day though. Since the gift is for their valued teammate and friend as well Kiba and Shino would have to work pretty hard to find the perfect gift. Kurenai's daughter Mirai sure is cute lol. And its nice to see Kurenai again actually. Honey wine eh. That sounds like something that would be perfect for the wedding as its both rare and has a great taste and also perfect for the occasion as well. Lol Shino making a cheesy joke its nice to see he has at last developed some humor. Lol a ninja cat now i seen everything lol.

i guess Kiba's weakness is cute girls eh lol. But communications is also a big part of being a ninja as well. Winning without fighting is just another form of victory. This forest sure has a forbidding feel to it. Lol Kiba's like an open book most of the time. Kiba may talk big most of the time but he does actually have a dream though while the same can't be said of Shino. Insect users vs Insect users eh. Poison won't work on Kiba at all so the enemies surprise attack did nothing really. Hmm a jutsu that makes it impossible for you to escape from the forest by use of a fog eh. Fog that takes the doubts from your heart and turn it into fog eh. So because of Shino's doubts this fog is even thicker while for Kiba who has none there is no fog. Well if anything this has the effect of prompting Shiba to think about his future. If Shino had not met Hinata and Kiba then perhaps he would have fallen but not now he won't. To be with your friends and supporting team is ad admirable dream though. Sure its not as grand as being Hokage but still a admirable dream in its own right. Love letters eh lol. That might still work as she's clearly in awe of Kiba. Maybe being a teacher will be a good path for Shiba as he can deal with kids quite easily.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2017 12:56 AM

Sep 2014
So this episode mainly focused on Shino and kiba. A little bit serious episode when you compared it with the recent one but that's ok. That girl is for kiba I tell u hehe and Shino will be a good teacher imo ^^
Apr 7, 2017 7:49 AM
Oct 2007
Last serious mission for Team 8?! Well, I hope that won't really be that case! 2 more episodes to go!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Ironic for Orochimari to say bugs are disgusting.
Mirai wanted to say Akihabara.
Oh. Cute girl appears.
lol at Akamaru looking like Snoopy.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 25, 2017 7:05 PM

Feb 2015
Shino's episode looking for Naruto's wedding gift. 2 more episodes.
Apr 26, 2017 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
Kinda serious episode this is. And look at Orochimaru running away from bugs lol no more intimidating, scary villain.
May 3, 2017 3:07 AM

Jan 2014
Kurenai is a total milf. 10/10 would bang.

Tamaki definitely Kiba's partner.

Orochimaru scared of bugs, why not fight him with bugs from the beginning lol
May 26, 2017 9:16 PM
Aug 2008
Shino Is my best Naruto character since the first series. I must admit it, they made him look bad in Shippuden in terms of character.
I only remember one thing in the first series where he looked bad when they've been scared of Gaara, yet all of that was Kiba's fault. And as a plus, Team 8 were the first team to arrive in the second exam.
However, he didn't have a proper fight in the Shippuden. His new technique was nice but when you wait more than 10 years for a proper fight and the whole series to end without that what could u say?
Still, Shino is one of the most strongest characters in terms of ability. He didn't lose a proper fight too.
Even in the first series, He use to finish his business by himself.
May 28, 2017 5:47 PM

May 2013
I like how straightforward Shino is C: I'm glad he found his way
Jun 26, 2017 5:54 AM
May 2016
-I have to say Kishi's Naruto cast has all sort of characters you will find in your roster in school, work, etc
-Shino is one of those introvert types who can never express himself outright in front of a group.
-No one seriously hears him, hence his statements always have a second line starting with 'because' to explain his first statement.
-This episode showed despite all that covering, inside he is as passionate and filled with ability as anyone else
-Not everyone's most likable type of character but such people do exist

Like me :)
Nov 14, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
Orochimaru and Yamato have been in rare form these past episodes. Hilarious!
May 23, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Mirai has pale brown hair.

Asuma had dark hair
Kurenai had dark hair.

Conclusion

Mirai is Kakashi's daughter...

I always Liked Shino - he is one of the most competent people in the Konoha 11.
There is nothing bad with him beeing a side character though, so I am glad he got some nice episode for him...

Kiba on the other hand is a disgrace - dameningen ;p

Funny how his own mother considers him useless too in some episodes...

He is basicly still on the level when he fought Naruto in Chunin Exams...
Exept he can make 3 headed Gatsugan now ...

Sad...
AngmirMay 23, 2018 12:39 PM
Feb 17, 2019 9:02 PM
Jul 2014
Orochimaru lol

Interesting how that one boy wants to be Hokage and surpass Naruto. Seems to fit the mold.

I think this is the first time I've seen Shino without a hood on XD and it's weird for them to say it's the last mission for Team 8 since Hinata is getting married and won't be able to do as many missions. I didn't think about it like that.

Kurenai is so wise. Honey wine sounds like a good present! Mirai is so cute uwu

Smooooooth Kiba very smooth lol
The way the bee guy just surrendered to Shino is kind of funny. At the end of Shino discovering his new dream and getting out of the forest, it seemed like that bee guy was just lonely and lost trying to find his own dream/path.
The fact that Kiba was unphased and totally unaffected by the bee guy's jutsu is so funny lol Shino and Kiba are so different.

I can't wait to see Hinata and Naruto together!!!
Sep 16, 2019 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, more or less covering the whole gang after this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 26, 2019 7:27 AM

May 2018
At this rate we'll get an episode featuring Minato and Kushina in heaven, discussing what wedding present they should give to Naruto.
Apr 21, 2020 3:53 AM

Sep 2017
‘Putting your goal into words is the first step towards realising one’s dream.’
"He's stronger than he ever was, but he looks like he hasn't changed a bit. I didn't know sitting still for such a long time could do that for ya."
Apr 6, 2021 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
so we got shino full-fledge episode, really nice one.

kiba found his love so easily? xD
Byniavo said:
At this rate we'll get an episode featuring Minato and Kushina in heaven, discussing what wedding present they should give to Naruto.
i actually would want to watch that :D
Jul 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Jan 2020
Shino looks fire in this era. Good to see him less shy and talkative
Aug 17, 2021 6:25 PM

Jan 2014
Those bees were annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's keep the dream electric~!
Maloween 21' Candies: x6 x1 Bonus!
MALoween 22' Candies:
MALoween 23' Candies:
Dec 28, 2021 7:33 AM
Jan 2021
I really like the episode
We get see kiba and shino feelings

On to the next ep...
May 26, 2022 8:48 AM

Feb 2021
So, Shino will become a teacher at the Academy?

Not as good as the last episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 246 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Rayyy - Jan 26, 2012

134 by Lukas_AAW »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

215 by Lukas_AAW »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Knave - Aug 26, 2010

192 by Lukas_AAW »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 18, 2007

64 by Lukas_AAW »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ArtimesGamer - May 8, 2014

109 by Lukas_AAW »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.