Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, Kobayashi with that apron is kinda cute.

The episode was entertaining. I had fun with the food stuff until shit got real when the comet thing crashed. Or rather, another dragon character! I think Elma's kinda cute though and her debut was funny.

Kanna is still adorable as usual :>
Stark700Mar 1, 2017 8:44 AM
Mar 1, 2017 7:53 AM

Jan 2012
Ah, Tohru and Kobayashi cooking. And then Elma and her big, beautiful tits arrived! Have fun working with Kobayashi! Gotta love Shouta getting smothered by/playing with Lucoa's big, beautiful tits in bed the lucky little bastard! XD Another absolutely fantastic episode.

And next week...Kanna's Sports Day at School! Can't wait! XD
animefan8800Mar 1, 2017 7:59 AM
Mar 1, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Elma and Touru have some issues together and the wrecked the apartment.
But it's funny too see Elma getting along with Kobeyashi like that, she is nice.
Any things have to be settled and i wonder why Elma got the job so easily.
Mar 1, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
Elma's voice actress is the same that voiced Suzukaze Aoba in New Game? I loved that show. Why does she have so few roles? She's great. I don't get that industry.
Mar 1, 2017 9:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
As expected when i noticed what was happening at the end with Tooru. I did not end up liking her actions.

Elma is interesting, she's hard-working and actually makes progress.

Lucoa and Fafnir (holy fuck, man) eye art and animation were crazy.
Mar 1, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2015
Kanna is as cute as always awww :D

Mar 1, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2015

Whoa, that scary eyes of Quetza. More than Fafnir. :o
Oh yeah, the one-remaining dragon from the OP is finally appear. And yeah, she has flashy way to entrance Tohru's current-home. Easliy influenced too. I wonder if she'll become another "I Love Kobayashi" Dragon next to Tohru after receiving all that kindness in just one day at work.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 1, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
I could watch a whole episode of just Elma eating things.
Mar 1, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2012
My god, why are all the dragons so great? Really liking Elma so far too, and she's already seeing Kobayashi as her senpai lol

Mar 1, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2016
Aversa said:
I wonder why Elma got the job so easily.

I'm guessing, but ... because the boss is a Mage (Shouta's father)?

DeepMind2038 said:
Elma's voice actress is the same that voiced Suzukaze Aoba in New Game? ... Why does she have so few roles? She's great. I don't get that industry.

More guessing, but ... because Ms. Takada's management and agent aren't as aggressive as some others?

As for this episode: LOOOOOVED IT as always.

Elma can stay with me, if she needs to. (^_^)

Cheers, all!
Almost older than dirt
Mar 1, 2017 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Every time I expect to see some serious dragon power like the the one mock battle between them or the scene of catching the thief....but still not so disappointed ..and the way that kid's dream depicted the reality was hilarious!

Mar 1, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2013
Finally the final dragon has appeared and her character is not what I was expecting. I need more moments like the cooking segment that was too funny. why did this episode feel like it went by faster than the other's? Next episode SPORT'S!
Mar 1, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
Kobayashi and Tooru competing was great. Lucoa was scary for a bit. Elma's debut was funny. She just crashed into the house. She's now working at Kobayashi's job. Kanna is adorable as usual. Shouta playing with Lucoa's boobs was amusing. Kobayashi praising Tooru was cute.
Mar 1, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2016
I relly love this animu :(} it's so perfect!

5/5
Mar 1, 2017 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
I need more of this. 12-14 episodes won't be enough for me.

Elma was perfect, Tohru adorable as hell, even went full on yandere at the end :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
Elma's what this show was lacking, loved her interactions with the cast, already best dragon. The moment when she went with Kobayashi's comment on her and went along with it instantly made me like her.
Im surprised Elma's voiced by Aoba from New Game's as well, so thats how she sounds like when she's voicing a mature character.
Mar 1, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2015
How can Kanna be so adorable <3

I love Elma. Her character design is amazing
Mar 1, 2017 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
Incredibly good episode, but I think they're focusing too much on Lucoa's tits. It's getting kinda annoying at this point.

+bonus webm (Elma chewing food; short loop): https://streamable.com/tezxd
2560x1440 version: https://a.pomf.cat/prcypk.webm
Mar 1, 2017 11:05 AM

Jan 2016
Awww Elma's blush was cute :3 I liked her at first glance ^^ But no one can beat Kanna in cuteness! Tohru's jealousy can't be helped xD

Shouta's dreams tho xD What a pleasant surprise he got when he woke up lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 1, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2014
So new dragon appears and instantly becomes 2nd best girl (right after Kanna). Shouta and Lucoa are always fun too.

Aelyn said:

+bonus webm (Elma chewing food; short loop): https://streamable.com/tezxd
2560x1440 version: https://a.pomf.cat/prcypk.webm

I love you.
Mar 1, 2017 11:09 AM

May 2010
I already like Elma.

And that scene with Kobayashi tiptoeing to pat Tohru was oddly nicely oddly... nice (?) I don't even know how to express what I felt about that. But I didn't dislike it.
Mar 1, 2017 11:11 AM

Dec 2014
the new dragon elma is pretty cute... I hope she and maid chan make up.....
Mar 1, 2017 11:24 AM

Apr 2015
I literally died xDDDD

feelsbadman xd
Mar 1, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2013

I'm surprised KyoAni doesn't have heart attacks in the midst of making stuff like this.
Mar 1, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Elma seems like a very fun addition to the cast, definitely one of my favourites so far. That aside, it was nice to see Tohru and Kobayashi get even closer, but I really could have done without those interludes with Shouta and Lucoa to be honest.
Mar 1, 2017 11:43 AM

Sep 2016
fuck tooru, elma is better
and shouta still living a dream life
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 1, 2017 11:50 AM

Oct 2012
Lovely as usual. Jealous/Insecure Tohru just makes my day. ♥
Elma is lovely as well, but I'm jealous of Kobayashi toooo~
Also, was that a foreshadowing saying that Fafnir is going to fight with the otaku-guy? If that's so, the fight is probably going to be related to who is the best waifu or which game is the best lmao.
Also, Shokugeki vibes haha <3
Mar 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
Elma is really adorable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 1:16 PM
Aug 2014
somehow this show keeps getting better. really did not expect anything at all when i picked it up. guess thats kyoani for you
Mar 1, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2008
Elma's great!

Too bad it took them 8 episodes to finally introduce her!

This will probably be a 12 or 13 episode series so....yeah, we don't have a lot left.

:(
Mar 1, 2017 1:24 PM
Oct 2016
Im in love in this anime. It's sooo cute and adorable. After watching this my happines level is really high!
Mar 1, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
the anime is becoming more and more disappointing .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 1, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2013
Elma the harmony faction dragon :)
Tohru jealous of elma and she has a heart to heart talk with kobayashi :'(

Mar 1, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2013
SJ7izm said:

I'm surprised KyoAni doesn't have heart attacks in the midst of making stuff like this.

Kanna's reactions are priceless.
And she has a charging mode too :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 1, 2017 2:20 PM

Jun 2011
Even when she's clingy and selfish, I can't hate on Tooru. She's just that great.

And Chaos Faction for life!
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 1, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
Ugh, I love Lucoa. Her character is funny and I'm glad the show is using her as a means for Tohru to reflect on her relationship with Kobayashi (esp. when they were "fighting"/competing) but the fanservice with her humongous boobs make me cringe. I never was a fanservice kind of gal so every time Shouta pops up I sigh nearly every time.

Otherwise, great episode. This episode makes it seem like Tohru and Kobayashi really are like a married couple! I really appreciate that when you have close relationships, you're bound to have a hiccup along the way. It happens. But that doesn't mean you like the other person any less.
So that was really sweet. But man, Tohru's so mean to Elma. At least she owned up to her selfishness. I understand where she's coming from, wanting to be spoiled by the person you love most.

I also like Elma, she has her own unique charm to her. She's such a diligent worker for "investigating", ha. So cute!

And Kanna! She's so cute when she announces to Kobayashi that she's hungry (and when she offers the cream bread to Kobayashi for Elma. The power dynamic in the house makes it seem like Kanna really is the daughter of Kobayashi and Tohru heh). Can I just say how lovely her hair is when it's down!?

Looks like next episode we'll get to see lots of Kanna! Yay!!
I hope to see Elma too. Poor girl, no one came to get her!
And where is she even living! Someone take her home please D:

[Edit: An Elma appreciation collage for all your Elma needs until next week]
cottonpieMar 1, 2017 2:46 PM
Mar 1, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
I've lost it at ''show me your butt'' top kek
Mar 1, 2017 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
That first part with the food was very funny.

Nice to see Elma make her appearance, she seems to be alright. Just need to feed her.

I was thoroughly entertained by this episode.
Mar 1, 2017 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
I'm starting to hate Tooru... <_< all the others characters are pretty cool, but I'm a little boring of her tantrums.
Ahh new character Elma, I really like her, but in the final part nobody feel sorry for her :(
Mar 1, 2017 2:51 PM

Feb 2014
So we finally get to see Elma, and boy is she really cute! =3

Her stomach as much talking as her ranting about Tohru, but when she was fed the cream bread, her foodgasm reaction was plain awesome!

It's still interesting that she was able to work at the same place Kobayashi works and without ANY knowledge about computers whatsoever. At least Kobayashi can help her learn to use one though.

Tohru and Kobayashi were almost fighting like a married couple with their lunchbox face-off for Kanna. Fafnir and Lucoa got very serious with their harsh glares. Scary... ^^;

Great episode once again and next week should be an overload of Kanna at her sports festival. Looking forward to it! ^_^
Mar 1, 2017 3:07 PM

Mar 2013
DeepMind2038 said:
Elma's voice actress is the same that voiced Suzukaze Aoba in New Game? I loved that show. Why does she have so few roles? She's great. I don't get that industry.

Well, anime aside, she just got two leading roles in videogames: Tamaki in Musou Stars and Hinako in Blue Reflection. And she also now plays Sallya/Tharja in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Mar 1, 2017 3:19 PM
Oct 2013
The episode was great. We finally have Elma, cute as f*ck! And of course, Kanna keeps killing me with her cuteness. And the episode was entertaining. Although, Lucoa and Fafnir scared the sh*t out of me. Can't wait for the next, which is sports.

By the way, I don't think the Manga version doesn't have anything to do with the sports festival. I believe this would be exclusive to the anime version, I think
Mar 1, 2017 3:55 PM

Mar 2016
could honestly do without lucoa being predatory towards shouta :/ it's gross he's a child
Mar 1, 2017 3:55 PM
Dec 2015
I've been looking forward to this episode for a while, since I knew that Naoko Yamada was episode director and one look at my favorites will tell you how much I love her work. I liked a lot here, but some parts felt weird. The beginning was hilarious, with the cooking competition being great and Elma being adorable. Elma herself looks to be another great character who is super charming and fun. Tooru fighting for attention from Kobayashi seemed completely contrived to me though, since Kobayashi is at work every day anyway and Tooru knows at this point that Kobayashi won't leave her. Asking for praise has always been a dumb reason to fight in my opinion, and here it's no different. It's also worth noting that the Lucoa/Shouta joke still makes me uncomfortable and should be cut entirely, but it's a seriously small stain. Thankfully, the scene where Tooru and Kobayashi make up is fantastic thanks in large part to Yamada's unmatched ability to create a feeling of intimacy (and her comedy direction was fantastic this episode as well). Pretty good episode but not the best from this show.
Mar 1, 2017 4:05 PM
Nov 2010
Elma's introduction is a but rushed. A big part of her moe in the manga is the contrast between her serious/reliable exterior and the klutzy innerself, basically the bookish good student trope. Here she transitioned into the generic cute too easily/quickly without showing much of her misleading facade.
Mar 1, 2017 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
Smudy said:
As expected when i noticed what was happening at the end with Tooru. I did not end up liking her actions.

Elma is interesting, she's hard-working and actually makes progress.

Lucoa and Fafnir (holy fuck, man) eye art and animation were crazy.

I agree with everything you said.

Tohru lost some points in my book for not only wanting to take out Elma but also putting Kobayashi in harms way as well.

Lucoa and Fafnir were pretty funny during that cook off, and yes that animation was incredible.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 1, 2017 4:14 PM
Apr 2013
evyyy said:
I literally died xDDDD

feelsbadman xd

I feel sorry for the kid, can't even get a proper sleep.

How did Elma get her job without any qualifications?
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Mar 1, 2017 4:52 PM
Oct 2015
Elma is new best girl
Mar 1, 2017 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
Elma is hilarious. She's from the Harmony Faction so a bit of a goody-goody, though easily swayed by cream bread.

The part when she comes to work and underestimates humans was funny. "What is this box?"

I like when this show takes a serious tone for a moment. The interactions between Kobayashi and Tooru are great. Tooru admitting that she's selfish, but at the same time thinking that Kobayashi is being mean to her. Very good stuff.
Mar 1, 2017 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
dayum Elma is cute and thicc~ but i really can't stand that unicorn horn lol it's too swirly .

can't say i'm the biggest fan of Toru's actions lately
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.