Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2017 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, an episode that features Lotte as part of the spotlight. Nice. She's a bit of a book nerd so seeing a new book release got her excited.

I like the unusual magical items this episode including that talking clock.
Also really like the background storytelling on Lotte too. I think she has decent magical talent too and especially literature. Lol, Akko got into trouble again. She can't catch a break.
Stark700Jan 29, 2017 7:25 AM
Jan 29, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
The girls getting into trouble again and even evading their punishment for a book.
Guess Ako and the girls will be having a lot more punishment from now on but they seem to be having fun tho.
Ako does need to extra class tho.
Jan 29, 2017 9:02 AM

Oct 2008
Hm... A vampire named Edgar, a werewolf named Arthur and a human female named Belle. I wonder what series "night fall" could be a reference to. (^.^;) What's another word for night fall again?

All in all, a simple and sweet budget-saving episode about a reluctant writer who couldn't handle the pressures of being one with Lotte restoring her passion. I did love the world-building, but it was a pretty straight-forward episode without much stand-out drama or comedy... Something about these non-action episodes really makes the animation seem stilted. Guess it's because we're used to seeing the characters being very dynamic. Lol at Lotte's true reason for refusing the role of writer being "she would know what happens next".

Also, lolwut?
ActarJan 29, 2017 9:11 AM
Jan 29, 2017 12:25 PM

Mar 2015
LOLWUT I laughed at that, least its a little break from the main character from getting legendary items and giving Lotte a little spotlight
Jan 29, 2017 6:22 PM

Sep 2013
I loved this episode. At first I dind't really cared for this episode until I realised I was tearing up and actually started crying of joy when Lotte was geeking out and explaining to the current Annabelle why she loved the latest chapters of the book. I felt a strong conection whit Lotte at that moment. Fuck I still can get over the fact that this little episode made me feel such strong emotions. Also if you paid attention you could have seen that the clock girl(lotte's "online" friend) was the teacher that reported them from eating the pies.
AcidPunkJan 29, 2017 6:28 PM
Jan 29, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2009
Well aside from the narrative on vocal minority, and how when you're famous, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO IGNORE THE INTERNET FLAMERS (strangely modern messages for an old fashioned witch/wizard fantasy series), i really can't think of much to say.

This episode speaks for itself.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 29, 2017 8:17 PM

Mar 2016
AcidPunk said:
Also if you paid attention you could have seen that the clock girl(lotte's "online" friend) was the teacher that reported them from eating the pies.
Oh yeah I noticed that too xD
No seriously.
Jan 29, 2017 8:18 PM

Mar 2015
Guess I'm the first to post this reference

Jan 29, 2017 8:32 PM

Feb 2014
Moral of the story, ignore the haters.
Another fun and this time a heartwarming episode. I hope the show stays this way, instead of turning cynical and grim-derp for the sake of some drama.
And it was funny how Sucy was going around collecting mushrooms and turning them into her pets.
Jan 29, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2015
Is she Team Edgar or Team Arthur?
Jan 29, 2017 8:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was a cute episode, Lotte finally got somewhat of a personality.

I did like the message though; how to handle criticism and even hate. Couldn't help but laugh when I saw that Night Fall's font is the exact same as Twilight's. Also considering the name of the novel itself and the characters, perhaps a little too on the nose? Regardless I thought it was funny.

Praying we get at least a few Sucy episodes.
Jan 29, 2017 8:45 PM
Sep 2012
Well we have some Little Witch Academia media in which Akko is not the main character, so this is a first, one of the things I wondered about the series, well other characters get a chance to get the spotlight once and a while, I guess the answer is yes.

So Annabel the author of this book series that is a reference to Twilight, but I won't hold it against her, Nightfall sounds way better anyway, and it is really a curse and she put together this trap to pass the burden to Lotte.

And Lotte she is awesome in this episode, I love seeing her being the crazy fan girl of this episode. And Lotte she is not like Atto, she doesn't want to be like her idol, she just wants to admire her idol, I like that show you can react to your idols differently.

Heck we even got some characteristic of one of the mean girls, I don't know which is which, the dark haired one, I hate her a little less. Heck it would be good if they become more characters in their own right. Though did they snitch on our girls? I don't think it would have mattered, they would have been caught anyway, still wouldn't put it past it those two.

The big mystery who is the clock girl, I think it is going to be some big reveal later, maybe the list of voice actress might give is away, my guess right now, that is Amanda.

Anyway good episode, maybe next week it is Sucy's turn, that is going to be good.
Jan 29, 2017 8:56 PM

Jun 2015
blfan said:
The big mystery who is the clock girl, I think it is going to be some big reveal later, maybe the list of voice actress might give is away, my guess right now, that is Amanda.

Judging by the clocktower and the book in her hand, it was most likely the teacher that reported them for eating the pie/tart.

OT: This was a nice episode. I'm really enjoying this show's relaxing, yet adventurous nature.
It was good to see some development with Lotte, and was just overall a solid episode.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jan 29, 2017 9:02 PM

Sep 2013
blfan said:

Give it a second watch. They do show who the clock girl is. It's one of the teachers, in fact it's the one that reported them for stealing the pies.
AcidPunkJan 29, 2017 9:05 PM
Jan 29, 2017 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
Jinyax said:

More like it's too obvious to even point out hehe.
Jan 29, 2017 9:07 PM
Sep 2012
AcidPunk said:
blfan said:

Give it a second watch. They do show show the clock girl is. It's one of the teachers, in fact it's the one that reported them for stealing the pies.

Okay jumped the gun, also that clears Hannah and Barbara for being snitches. At the very least pointless snitches.

I just want Amanda and her crew to be friends with our main three characters so badly, I am just looking for anything.
Jan 29, 2017 9:17 PM

Mar 2015
AcidPunk said:
Jinyax said:

More like it's too obvious to even point out hehe.

I know, but I still wanted to do it.
Jan 29, 2017 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
Oh finally! I get now how this anime make really special! I feel like watching old kid shows back then,(Pokemon comes to my mind!) these recent anime lacks entertainment flavor and this anime does well manages to keep us hooked althrough the whole minutes! nice to learn its 25 episode as well.Hope it dont downfall either and rather perpetuate to tell the story smoothly.
Jan 29, 2017 9:43 PM

May 2016
I hope we can make "lolwut?" into a meme just like "dis sakuga lol".
Barbara turns out not to be the worst. Hanna is.
There wasn't any Diana, Amanda's gang, barely Prof. Ursula and Shiny Chairot gets a single/half mention by Lotte. This is a pretty isolated/stand alone episode.
Annabel is cute, I'll love to see more reccuring characters along with Pawn Shop guy.
Night Fall is very ... interesting. I wonder which Anabel wrote the Oedpius complex.
I wonder if they'll bring back up GreatBen-sensei. It could be a unsolved mystery like the possible connection between Shiny Chariot and Ursula.
Jan 29, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Crystal Ball Communication is cool.
Night Fall. Twilight reference.

Like how Lotte wants to support the person she admires & not be her.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 29, 2017 9:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bananyaishope said:
AcidPunk said:
Also if you paid attention you could have seen that the clock girl(lotte's "online" friend) was the teacher that reported them from eating the pies.
Oh yeah I noticed that too xD
The irony lol

Decent episode overall, not my favorite but spotlight on other characters is a good thing
Jan 29, 2017 9:55 PM

May 2015
I see people complaining because this episode was Lotte's spotlight.

I liked it though.
Even though I prefer Akko's episodes, it is really nice to see that Trigger develops even supportive characters.

First episode, we kind of met Akko, as well as Sucy's passions.
- Akko being the biggest Chariot fan, and non witch blood.
- Sucy being obssesed with potions, and would do literally anything to get what she needs.
Second episode it was Diana and more Akko.
- We saw that Diana is not just another mean girl. Also we saw that she wanted to make everything right by herself. And when she failed, she almost felt guilt for not admitting it wasn't her who saved the day.
- And we saw Akko sad there, which was a bit unusual since she is always hyped and smiling.
Third it was Amanda, Jasminka and Constantze and what they like.
- Amanda as a rabel who steals stuff.
- Jasminka loves food way too much.
- Constantze making things her self.
- Also seeing Akko working hard for what she wants and never giving up.
- Diana recognizing Akko's potential.
And now seeing Lotte in completely new character, being so hyped up for her favorite book. Also seeing her all energetic and nerdy. With that supportive character teacher who actually was Great Ben.
We also had a small Ursula development in 3rd episode. She is always very optimistic and clumsy, but we got her serious and kind of disappointed when she remembered what she said as Chariot.
Plus, we even got a bit of character development for Barbara in this episode, knowing that she is a closet nightfall fan.
I think that is pretty amazing for only 4 episodes into the show.

I also recognized less animation, less movements in this episode, but that is because of the budget. They need to save money for the key episodes, which is understandable.

Really love this show so far. Can't wait for more.
AndzlJan 29, 2017 9:59 PM
Jan 29, 2017 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
That's right Annabel, ignore haters and trolls. They're an inevitable part of the Internet, you just do you!
Lottie talking with the 12th Annabel about their favorite books was a fun little talk, I really enjoyed that.

Not much else to comment on, hope to see some Diana next ep~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 29, 2017 9:57 PM

Jan 2014
blfan said:
Well we have some Little Witch Academia media in which Akko is not the main character, so this is a first, one of the things I wondered about the series, well other characters get a chance to get the spotlight once and a while, I guess the answer is yes.

So Annabel the author of this book series that is a reference to Twilight, but I won't hold it against her, Nightfall sounds way better anyway, and it is really a curse and she put together this trap to pass the burden to Lotte.

And Lotte she is awesome in this episode, I love seeing her being the crazy fan girl of this episode. And Lotte she is not like Atto, she doesn't want to be like her idol, she just wants to admire her idol, I like that show you can react to your idols differently.

Heck we even got some characteristic of one of the mean girls, I don't know which is which, the dark haired one, I hate her a little less. Heck it would be good if they become more characters in their own right. Though did they snitch on our girls? I don't think it would have mattered, they would have been caught anyway, still wouldn't put it past it those two.

Anyway good episode, maybe next week it is Sucy's turn, that is going to be good.

Acidpunk posted about the clock tower's identity. It was the lunch lady. =D
Jan 29, 2017 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
Never would've expected such a shout-out in this anime, let alone from TRIGGER. Sounds like a better read, though.

It was awesome getting a Lotte-centric episode, there was more to her character than originally believed. Really love it when shows do that. And it's a sweet, heartwarming episode at that.

Akko mouthing off in the beginning was hilarious. "Wasn't a pie, it was a tart! There's a difference!" XD
Jan 29, 2017 10:08 PM

May 2013
Maaann, that was another great episode! While it was a lot more low-key, it was just so beautiful & fun. It's great to see more sides of Lotte - I love how these characters are at once simple, imminently likable, and also have more sides to themselves that meld effortlessly with the others. It was really cute and somewhat inspiring to see discussion on the merits of fandom, artistic creation, and their relation to each other. Plus Lotte was adorable. I also loved how that old language teacher was the other Night Fall fan, ha.

This reminded me so much of my love of Harry Potter over a decade ago now, as well as my relationship with various games, anime, and other various works over the years & the fandom associated with them - it was cheerfully nostalgic, slightly wistful, and it was lovely.
Jan 29, 2017 10:50 PM

Jun 2015
Seeing an episode focusing on Lotte was great. She is quite the book worm. I like how she just wants to admire the author and not be like her. The book series she likes is a reference to Twilight. It was nice of Akko to help her. I agree with Lotte. Ignore the haters and keep on doing what you love.
Jan 29, 2017 11:02 PM

Oct 2012
The subconscious talk part got me. I wrote a new short story these days and showed it to a friend and he was like "Omg, how did YOU THINK ABOUT THAT LIKE THIS?" and I hadn't gave any thought about it?? Like, I just wrote it. And he was like "your subconscious knew". That's cool.
Jan 29, 2017 11:28 PM

Sep 2015
This episode went by so fast. It ended before I knew it. Good sign that I'm enjoying.
Jan 29, 2017 11:29 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was really good. It's just soo much fun watching :D
Loved the spotlight on Lotte this week and her obsession with the Night Fall books haha. That's a twilight reference right? xD
I wonder who great GreatBen810 is. Although it was for hardly a second, looked like the teacher who caught the kids, I guess we'll find that out soon enough. Anabelle was cute. Loved the conversation she and Lotte had and how she convinced her to continue :D
This show is really enjoyable ^^

Jan 29, 2017 11:39 PM
Sep 2016
Santoryu_XBurner said:
Nice episode.

Crystal Ball Communication is cool.
Night Fall. Twilight reference.

Like how Lotte wants to support the person she admires & not be her.

I felt like it was just a commentary on tween novels in general not just twilight.
Jan 30, 2017 12:02 AM

Jan 2016
Take notice: It's tart, not a freakin Pie!

Big mistake from the teachers, Akko doing the right thing!
Jan 30, 2017 12:03 AM

Jan 2009
the message of this episode is great lol

fucking vocal fans especially the internet haters can ruin the motivation of the creators
Jan 30, 2017 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
Twilight reference...dear god it's like dealing with people I knew in High school all over again but yeah, this ep was enjoyable. Fuck the haters mane.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 30, 2017 12:59 AM

Jan 2015
Somehow, I feel sorry for Professor Ursula.
At least Lotte can really see and talk freely with the person she really admire. Happy end that is.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 30, 2017 2:05 AM

Sep 2013
Love this episode with building Lotte's character. A little background story on her and her obsession and character building made me like her a lot more than I did from the previous series.

That's an interesting pen they got there. If anyone can tell me what movie that's from, please inform me. I swear I've seen that type of plot in a horror movie once where the character was "forced" to write a story that ended up killing real people.

4/5- Anyways! Loved this Lotte episode. It's always good to have multiple characters where I can emotionally invested in, especially with this type of anime. Hopefully we get a Sucy and Diana episode soon.

Jan 30, 2017 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
Barbara trying to act all casual like she isn't a fan.

They didn't just parody Twilight, they parodied its existence as a joke and used that to send a heart warming message.
Jan 30, 2017 2:40 AM
Oct 2007
Another very good and enjoyable episode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2017 3:33 AM
Apr 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Is she Team Edgar or Team Arthur?

Lotte is team Argar. Poor girl. So young, so broken. :P
Jan 30, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2015
So it turns out Lotte is a Twilight Night Fall fangirl with a thing for werewolves...neat.

I also noticed that there are two students named Hannah and Barbara.
I wonder if that is an intentional reference to the animation studio Hanna Barbera.
Jan 30, 2017 4:28 AM

Aug 2015
Inb4 360+ ongoing volumes of nightfall is considered milking

Also LMAO at episode infested with memes,arts of shitposting, and references

Anyway love that Lotte quote from a certain scene where it focused on her not trying to be the imitation of someone you admire, hope that it will at least struck a chord on Akko after being amazed at Lotte for that kind of shit especially with Shiny Rod at her side with the potential of her wanting to be like the next Shiny Chariot
MizunashiJan 30, 2017 6:02 AM
Jan 30, 2017 4:47 AM

Mar 2015
I just found out the existence of this series. IT'S FREAKING AWESOME.
Jan 30, 2017 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
This episode pretty much sums up the reason why all authors, new or veterans, should always ignore the vocal minority on the internet. Too much of a big stage for them to say what they like and how they like. Authors should go and get addicted on reading their reactions.

Because of that, poor Annabel got depressed too easily. Luckily for her, she met Lotte, who really appreciated her work and encouraged her to take the pen once more and continue writing the way she wants to. =)

Looks like GreatBen810 is one of the teachers, judging by the fact that she was carrying the cosplay outfit on her back near the end of the episode.

What I didn't expect was that Barbara, unlike her friend Hannah, was secretly a fan of the book. She's kind of redeemed herself now. =)

Overall, Lotte used her opportunity as the main focus of this episode and did an excellent job of it. Now please give us a Sucy-focused episode in the future please? =P
Jan 30, 2017 5:32 AM

Feb 2015
Annabel-chan is so cute! This episode was a bit more Lotte centered and I loved it! So many funny moments too.

This killed me tho.
Poor Ursula too.

Jan 30, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
This episode had the most heart so far and I loved it for having such a great message. I was really moved by lottle and anabel. She was able to strip away her fan girl self and give some inspiring encouragement to her hero. They say never meet your hero, but maybe sometimes they need to meet you and you are the hero to them. Lotte inspired anabel with her passion and reminded anabel her own passion, making her realize that what's most important to anabel is her fans and her own passion for nightfall.
Jan 30, 2017 7:21 AM

Sep 2009
Bobby2Hands said:
So it turns out Lotte is a Twilight Night Fall fangirl with a thing for werewolves...neat.

I also noticed that there are two students named Hannah and Barbara.
I wonder if that is an intentional reference to the animation studio Hanna Barbera.

I also noticed that too. It's a hard reference to William Hanna & Joseph Barbera.
Jan 30, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2009
It was a beautiful episode with a beautiful message. It don't matter if you'are a child or an adult. It's a message for all ages. Internet trolls is cancer of media in modern days.

Oh, I'm head over heels for this anime.
Jan 30, 2017 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting and full of fun, I did not expect less from this episode. Nice to find out more about the character of Lotte, I hope to deepen everyone else. I enjoyed this mix of comedy and investigation. The designs are great, and the references are great, even here, he could miss the classic minivan Citroen Type H

Jan 30, 2017 8:13 AM

Feb 2015
omg lol hardcord twilight fans lelz.
and the twilight nightmare stretched from 4 books to 365 holy bejesus.
well now we know lotte is team jacob lol

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jan 30, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
You know a show is good when even the episodes that don't further the plot are still as fun and vibrant as the rest. The message was heartwarming and particularly relevant to what's going on in the world today and we got some more classic Trigger animation this time around. This show has not let me down yet!

It's so nice to see other characters getting development. So glad we got 25 episodes of this!!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.