Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2017 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see this series return but...that was way too short for a chapter!

A promise made between Mea and Mana. Interesting.
Jan 19, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2009
I think i've forgotten the plot of this already
Jan 19, 2017 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
Since the hiatus of 2014, NOTHING has happened in this manga. I'd better don't have any more chapters until Hoshino is fully healed and full of new ideas than having to read 10 chapters of bullshit along all these years where nothing happens.

She's clearly just trying to meet her deadlines with Shueisha and earn her money, I can't blame her for that. But this is getting ridiculous, it seems I'm watching DBZ, One Piece or any other Toei/Pierrot filler crap and waiting for something to happen while the characters just keep on facing each other saying nothing.

Sorry guys for the rant
I love you Hoshino
Jan 19, 2017 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
You can't be serieus, that was a way too short of a chapter. We've been waiting for 6 months and get an 8 page chapter :/
Jan 19, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was more of a teaser than an actual chapter.

I'm gonna have to reread all this since it's been so long.
Jan 19, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
That was it?! God I wish this manga came out weekly, imagine how great that would be.
Jan 19, 2017 12:58 PM
Aug 2011
On the bright side her facial/hair art is delicately detailed and very nice to look at.
Jan 19, 2017 1:35 PM

Jan 2016
What the actual fuck?
Jan 19, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2010
Z_Tetriminos said:
Since the hiatus of 2014, NOTHING has happened in this manga. I'd better don't have any more chapters until Hoshino is fully healed and full of new ideas than having to read 10 chapters of bullshit along all these years where nothing happens.

She's clearly just trying to meet her deadlines with Shueisha and earn her money, I can't blame her for that. But this is getting ridiculous, it seems I'm watching DBZ, One Piece or any other Toei/Pierrot filler crap and waiting for something to happen while the characters just keep on facing each other saying nothing.

Sorry guys for the rant
I love you Hoshino

Yep, exactly. Cannot agree more. WTF is this THING? 7 pages? Are you kidding us Hoshino? To hell with the health and other stuff. 6 months of waiting and now THIS? 7 pages of more NOTHINGNESS? Just cancel your series and wrap up wth a novel really. This is just disrespectful both to you and to fans.
Jan 19, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2014
well that was fucking disappointing
i'm sorry but i didn't wait 6 months for 7 pages of nothing
at least the art was good

i'm sorry i still love you hoshino-sensei
Jan 19, 2017 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
Was this some kind of joke?

(Already more pages than the whole last 6 months...)
Jan 19, 2017 3:34 PM

Jul 2010
I don't even anymore...
Jan 19, 2017 6:52 PM

Aug 2012
Welp....there's that.
Jan 19, 2017 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
What kind of health issues does she have? Must be something very serious if it keeps her from drawing D.G-M.
Jan 19, 2017 7:59 PM

Dec 2008
Hoshino-sensei just lost a ton of cool points with this chapter. Actually, can this even be called a chapter?
Jan 19, 2017 8:21 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Umm okay, so after waiting 6 months, we get 7 pages and that's it. Seriously? I can understand Hoshino has health issues and all, but I think she could've at least drawn more than 1 page per month.

But I feel like the real issue is that Hoshino might not know where to go with this. I mean, this 7-page chapter was mainly just large panels that don't go anywhere. If she wanted, she could've filled this chapter with a crap load of dialogues HxH style. It would've mean that Hoshino would've drawn less and it would've been easier for her. But instead she just makes a 7-page chapter to inform everyone that this series is still alive, even if nothing new's happening. Maybe she's just trying to pad it out. But at the same time, I can't see Hoshino running out of ideas for DGM, especially since there's so much to do. Whatever happened to Lavi? XD
Jan 19, 2017 8:23 PM

Dec 2015
roshinante said:
What kind of health issues does she have? Must be something very serious if it keeps her from drawing D.G-M.

She has carpal tunnel syndrome. I also believe she's got issues with her neck and her back.

Anyway, someone brought up the possibility that she was forced by magazine editors to release something for this month. And that may be the case, since the series is quarterly already and she had 6 months.
Jan 20, 2017 12:17 AM

Jun 2013
Visiting Allan Walker...Call...damn I got interested about next chapters/small arc titles!

WAIT....THAT'S IT!?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 20, 2017 1:13 AM

Jul 2012
When you see 15 pages you're pretty dissapointed already, but in reality it is even 7 pages ... The eternal waiting continues.
Jan 20, 2017 3:38 AM

Sep 2013
Though I'm really happy to see one of my all time favorite series return, seeing only 8 pages breaks my heart after months of waiting.

I know Hoshino has a lot of health issues and all but I'd rather have one large chapter released rather than a short and tiny one that gets my hopes up. Especially a short chapter like this that had pretty much zero advancement in the plot. The past few chapters were short but I didn't mind much since quite a few were released within the year, which is something we haven't gotten in years. This chapter upsets me greatly.

Here's hoping she releases a little more this year to make up for it, but I'm also hoping they aren't short chapters. I know I'm probably asking too much but like it was stated above already, it's getting hard to remember what is happening in this arc.

Anyways, as expected, her art and character designs are absolutely stunning!

Jan 20, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2014
It's really hard to feel satisfied with only 7 pages, but at least we got something?

Let's just hope we don't have to wait another six months again.
Jan 20, 2017 4:26 AM

Jul 2013
The life of a D. Gray Man fan is one of the hardest things that can happen to one in this life...
Jan 20, 2017 4:52 AM

Nov 2014
SilverWolf442 said:
roshinante said:

She has carpal tunnel syndrome. I also believe she's got issues with her neck and her back.

Anyway, someone brought up the possibility that she was forced by magazine editors to release something for this month. And that may be the case, since the series is quarterly already and she had 6 months.

I looked the syndrome up because...never heard of it but that is like the ultimate mangaka knock-out health issue D: If people know that, how can they be so rude?

Illyricus said:
The life of a D. Gray Man fan is one of the hardest things that can happen to one in this life...

Tell that to all Vagabond&Berserk fans, that is...
Jan 20, 2017 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
roshinante said:

I looked the syndrome up because...never heard of it but that is like the ultimate mangaka knock-out health issue D: If people know that, how can they be so rude?

Well many are just frustrated. I don't think many want Hoshino to risk her physical well-being for a manga. But all the breaks get tiresome.

But, more than that, it's frustrating when chapters are announced for release in JUMP, but they wait until the last min. to deliver bad news -the chapter not coming out after all, or that it's only gonna be 6 pages. But they have waited 3-6 months to tell fans this.

And that kind of last min stuff thrown at a fans probably aggravates more than the breaks.

And some are also frustrated because there are other solutions.

Hoshino having another artist draw for her, which I THINK has been done before.

Or having someone help her finish DGM in a novel format -either of these ways have Hoshino not taxing herself so much, with fans still getting more story.

Or just release 1 final fanbook that tells the ending, characters' fates, and secrets

So many are annoyed and wondering when she's just gonna do one of these -and stop trying to draw herself, since her pacing will have her working on DGM for another 20 years, which she probably doesn't have (to draw), given how bad her health is now.
SilverWolf442Feb 20, 2017 1:02 PM
Jan 20, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
What an intensive chapter !! no, it was not ... i understand that autor have bad time now but this "chapter" was pointless.
Jan 20, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2008
I was ammazed, then disappointed, but now I'm terrified - what if DGM will end in some crappy way :'( But I don't want to lose hope! Sooooo, we see Allen/Nea forehead and there are no stigmata (even when he is Nea at the moment).
Jan 20, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2016
Stages of being a D.Grayman fan who has been waiting for an update:
1. Thank the lord that a new chapter to come out! Hopefully something interesting happens.
2. Sees how many pages there is and questions if anything actually happens.
3. Reads the pages.
4. Chucks their device or whatever across the room.
5. Carefully retrieve the broken device and admire how pretty and good looking the characters are.

God something must happen soon but I understand the conditions she is in currently. At least I can admire the pretty artwork.
Ghost-TownJan 20, 2017 10:17 AM
Jan 20, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 2012
Is this a joke? Only 8 pages in a single chapter? Is this for real?
A half year waiting and this is what we get?

Please, can somebody say that is is just a mistake by the websites publizing this....
How I love a game
Jan 20, 2017 11:33 AM

Jan 2016
Alright, now that all my tears are shed, all I have left is...incomprehension.

7 Pages after 6 months? Really? Even with such a disease that just doesn't seem possible to me. I think there is something more than just bad health.
This Chapter feels like the end od chapter 223 instead of a new chapter.

Maybe did she released only this because she needs the next issue to be published in one time? Maybe this is a administrative problem? Maybe something else? Isn't it strange that they dare promise a chapter in spring if she can't do more than 7 pages in 6 months?

Anyways, there is definitely another reason than just his health for me.
Jan 20, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2012
Z_Tetriminos said:

Sorry guys for the rant
I love you Hoshino

Don´t be sorry, you are right. I feel the same.

I respect and admire Hoshino, but things are just terrible. I honestly prefer a loooong hiatus than chapters being poorly done (Despite artwork being great, the plot became incredibly confusing.)

I understand her health issues, but this chapter was simply ridiculous. Seven pages that haven´t said nothing. Really nothing. I´m frustrated. And I admit, I was very rude at other place, but............ Augh, this is tiresome. The last six months weren´t easy for the fans (And her, of course.) The Instagram incident, the poster incident, the chapter and the fanbook being postponed... It´s just... Frustration.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jan 20, 2017 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
Illyricus said:

Almost as hard as the life of a Berserk fan.
I'm a fan of both manga, btw
Jan 20, 2017 3:17 PM

Jul 2013
ArmSt said:
Illyricus said:

Almost as hard as the life of a Berserk fan.
I'm a fan of both manga, btw
I cannot imagine how painful that must be.
Jan 20, 2017 11:30 PM
Mar 2009
Did that just happen...?
"Oh shit, Tyki looks pissed! Wait, WHAT, THAT WAS IT?!"

I'd rather we get a long hiatus instead of this happening ever again. I can't imagine the fans over in Japan were thrilled by this either.
Jan 21, 2017 5:09 AM

Jul 2014
8 PAGES!!!!?! ARE U F*CKING KIDDIN' WITH ME!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE THIS MANGA SERIOUSLY WHEN THE MANGAKA DOESN'T!?
Ok that aside, there's no way her bad health to be the only reason for this. I bet she has planned how this story would conclude long ago with all this foreshadowing and stuff, so running out of ideas wouldn't be the reason either. Not caring for this manga is not an option too, given all the fanart and sh*t she did on her instagram. There has to be some other problem Hoshino-sensei has. Idk what it is, but she has to get in hands before she loses the interest of all fans left.

Jan 21, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2009
The art is absolutely amazing and fabulous.
The plot, aside from Earl returning home and Tyki and Nea met, nothing much to say.

Appreciate there is a chapter but let's just hope this is the one and only shortest chapter we'll even get.
Jan 21, 2017 3:30 PM
Aug 2015
Me:
OMG finaaaaalllyyyyyy a new chapter

Me: 50 seconds later
what

Well, I don't exactlyy no what the issue of the arc was so these pages didn't even make sense for me but whatever, it looked cool at least

Hopefully we won't have to wait for another 6 months ^^
Jan 21, 2017 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
ThugKamishiro said:
That was such a tease... Now I have to wait for at least 3 months to see this interaction between my two favorite characters.

Hopefully Hoshino-san's health will improve.

yeah but 7 pages is better than nothing

check hunter x hunter lol
naokiwalker said:
I was ammazed, then disappointed, but now I'm terrified - what if DGM will end in some crappy way :'( But I don't want to lose hope! Sooooo, we see Allen/Nea forehead and there are no stigmata (even when he is Nea at the moment).

it seems she have some health problems better hand this to another mangaka / artist

Jan 22, 2017 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
Been such a long time since the last update, that I had to reread the arc.

Chapter is too short and it's just getting nowhere now :(
Jan 23, 2017 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
This is like watching Naruto Shippuden back in the day, except in monochrome stills -Kappa

Like, 7 pages? Or more like 4, if you wanna be technical. What we've learned now! Tikki hates the 14th, and gives him the evil eye. Very intriguing stuff! xD
Jan 24, 2017 2:50 PM

Mar 2015
Glad to see Hoshino still alive, but...
Jan 25, 2017 8:56 PM

Jan 2012
6 Months for this?
Jan 29, 2017 2:41 PM

Mar 2012
I entered here expecting a source for the "complete" chapter. For the comments I assume that was the chapter.

I don't have words, this was... actually nothing.
Waifus only represent ideals
Feb 15, 2017 7:16 PM
Jan 2017
SilverWolf442 said:
roshinante said:

Well many are just frustrated. I don't think many want Hoshino to risk her physical well-being for a manga. But all the breaks get tiresome.

Then more than that, it's frustrating when chapters are announced for release in JUMP, but they wait until the last min. to deliver bad news -like the chapter not coming out after all, or that it's only gonna be 6 pages -after having had you wait 3 - 6 months prior.

And that kind of last min. stuff thrown probably aggravates more people than the breaks themselves, probably.

And some are also frustrated because there are other solutions. Such as Hoshino having another artist draw for her, which I THINK has been done before. Or having someone help her finish DGM in a novel format -either of these ways have Hoshino not taxing herself so much, with fans still getting more story. So many are annoyed and wondering when she's just gonna do one of these -and stop trying to draw herself, since her pacing will have her working on DGM for another 20 years, which she probably doesn't have to work, given how bad her health is now.

Why doesn't she just get another artist? seriously, That would be best for everyone. less stress on her hands and we get coincident chapters.

Win win.

Only down side is we have to get used to a different art style. But I think we can agree that's a small price to pay.
Feb 23, 2017 12:44 PM
Jan 2014
Everyones crying about the amount of pages and I'm over here excited because finally something confirmed that Tyki is more than just the dopest likable antagonist of all time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 3:33 PM

Jan 2016
No matter what D.Gray-Man remains in my mind the best manga.
I hope that she will heal quickly.
We can't have an excellent chapter every time. So I keep waiting because the plot is amazing, the character's are great, the drawing's gorgeous.
Try to be patient people. We're all excited but let her take her time to fully recover and then maybe we will get normal chapters, leading us to a true ending following the spirit of the manga and not dashed like others.
Remember, it could get much worse so enjoy what you have.

PS: Train yourself by reading Berserk kek
Mar 7, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 2016
Sw3at_ said:
No matter what D.Gray-Man remains in my mind the best manga.
I hope that she will heal quickly.
We can't have an excellent chapter every time. So I keep waiting because the plot is amazing, the character's are great, the drawing's gorgeous.
Try to be patient people. We're all excited but let her take her time to fully recover and then maybe we will get normal chapters, leading us to a true ending following the spirit of the manga and not dashed like others.
Remember, it could get much worse so enjoy what you have.

PS: Train yourself by reading Berserk kek

I will tell myself that lol.

That thing is, Hoshino's pacing is absolutely perfect.
That it ... In term of reading. Like if you read the whole series or even volumes by volumes the reading experience is optimal if we judge only by the information and actions delivered per panel. No infodump nor empty panels or useless bubbles.

But for people who have to wait chapter after chapter, the pacing per page is not enough. Especially when the content is so scared.
I am not sure Hoshino realizes that times passes .even though she has no risks of being cancelled given that she is in a magazine that mostly releases one shot, she can do whatever she wants but the real life hourglass is also ticking. I'm not sure she realizes that her condition won't get better with time...

Look at the inner cover of volume 25 where she promises her assistant that they will do other works together...
Mar 22, 2017 7:51 AM

Oct 2011
Just.....No. don't even release anything at all if it's going to be this. At least I would slowly forget about the manga and I won't be disappointed.
Apr 15, 2017 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
Onikilla said:
I think i've forgotten the plot of this already
Yeah, me too. I'll re read it when it's completed
Apr 29, 2017 11:43 PM

Sep 2016
So April is coming to an end. Any news on a new chapter or hiatus?
Jun 28, 2017 6:10 AM

Jan 2016
Na, they didn't say anything about the cancelation of the chapter. Not even an excuse or anything duh.

Well, hopefully there will be a chapter next month.
I keep praying Saint Hevlaska.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

18 by Lavi_kun »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

8 by OnimeNoShin »»
May 1, 7:03 AM

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.