Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Maid Dragon...D-Cup.

What an crazy impression so far. Still, her dragon form is badass. I like how they adapted the manga art style for this so far. The comedy is lighthearted yet has an expressive way of presenting its characters. I actually really find the character chemistry to be entertaining especially between the maid dragon and Kobayashi.

I bet Tooru's VA had a lot of fun playing the role of her character. Fun show so far!
Stark700Jan 11, 2017 9:03 AM
Jan 11, 2017 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
I really really liked that!
Comedy worked for me and the art & animation gives this so much charm

Oh and this seems to have 14 episodes ( Possibly 1 OVA )
FappaJan 11, 2017 8:42 AM
Jan 11, 2017 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
Nice episode.
Was waiting for this anime since the manga was nice.
I have to say this anime doesn't disappoint it was worth the wait and Toru was great also Fafnir was funny on the phone.
And the way of doing laundry seems to be very energy efficient.
Jan 11, 2017 8:15 AM

Nov 2008
Toru is hilarious and really cute, I wouldn't like her doing my laundry though, that's just gross same with licking it. The look on those burglar's face when they seen her in dragon mode was priceless. Kobayashi really should sober up, she can't handle her booze too well.

Jan 11, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
Dat "Nichijou" feeling I got while watching the episode :D This series is pure love. Tohru just warms my heart xD

@Fappa you mean 13 episodes + 1 Blu-Ray only episode

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Jan 11, 2017 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
Oh my god, that was funny, Kobayashi is such a good character and Tooru is funny as hell, can't help but laugh when she was licking the clothes, really good start.

The animation/art is a plus, god bless Kyoani
lezermanJan 11, 2017 9:03 AM
Jan 11, 2017 9:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It says a lot about the quality of slice of life/moe/comedy shows this season when two of them (Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Gabriel Dropout) out-moé and out-comedy a KyoAni comedy IMO.

Nevertheless, it's close though and this was definitely what i expected, very nice start.
Jan 11, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2015
already finished :( Tooru can eat her tail to survive ? seems interesting
It promises to be a good comedy anime
Jan 11, 2017 9:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... definitely not as good as Gabriel DropOut but still decent at what it tries to do. I think it'll hinge a lot on what other characters will be introduced because just this duo alone will probably run out of gags after a while
Jan 11, 2017 9:18 AM
Aug 2016
Where did you all watch it? :( It's available now. :((((
Jan 11, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing OP song (as expected by Fhana). Usual perfect visuals for KyoAni with great animation. Really enjoyable characters, good direction. Definitely I like it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 11, 2017 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
A solid first episode though not as good as LWA or Demi. Watching Tooru is very entertaining and Tamura Mutsumi getting more roles is always a plus (can't unhear Sonya). Looking forward to the rest.
Jan 11, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2012
As a reader of the source material I loved this. They got the yurilicious scenes and Tohru's big, beautiful tits juuuuust right! XD This should be an awesome ride all season. XD
Jan 11, 2017 9:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
anime girls and monsters (especially dragons), my 2 favorite fantasies lol

i had to love this and i do xD
Jan 11, 2017 9:25 AM

Jan 2015
So that's how she forgot about what happened yesterday. But Tohru looks perfectly good in "defending the fort" though. LOL
Yup, that's fhana alright.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 11, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
Decent comedy and alright characters so far, I'm not too impressed in the comedic parts, but stuff like the dragon being full animated and not cg was pretty damn awesome, I will keep watching this.
Jan 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
Well, this was cute and fun. Unusual choice for Kyoani, but I'll gladly take it over another trashy light novel adaptation.
:3
Jan 11, 2017 9:33 AM
Aug 2016
It's finally here. I love this series, very good to watch when feeling a bit down.

It looks like they adapted the first 4 chapter plus a bit of the flashback scenes in one of the later scenes and a bit of orignal scene too.

So my guess is that every episode is going to be 4 to 5 chapters will be in one episode. Currently their are 40 chapters and a few non-translated, so i dint think we will have more than one cour sadly for now.

Either way, this is my fav of the winter. :)
Jan 11, 2017 9:33 AM

Oct 2015
Can anyone tell me if it's going to be somehow covered how NO ONE noticed a big ass dragon in the middle of the streets or on top of a building? I really wanna give this an 8 but that really got in my way to do so... IDK, I'm hoping for something like "only certain people can see her when she has that green aura"... Besides that, it was super fun and I'm looking forward for more!!
Jan 11, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
I laughed more on manga, but that was good. I think it will be a good adaptation.
Jan 11, 2017 10:08 AM
Sep 2016
Kawaii Heroine and funny anime
Jan 11, 2017 10:08 AM
Jan 2017
Nostalgik said:
Can anyone tell me if it's going to be somehow covered how NO ONE noticed a big ass dragon in the middle of the streets or on top of a building? I really wanna give this an 8 but that really got in my way to do so... IDK, I'm hoping for something like "only certain people can see her when she has that green aura"... Besides that, it was super fun and I'm looking forward for more!!
You're close. All the dragons have the ability to be invisible to anyone they don't want to see them.

This was fun. Did right by the source material. Can't wait to see more. Expect the sanity level to drop as the cast count increases. This was over too soon...
Jan 11, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
That was nice, the OP was nice, the characters were nice... nice. From the OP it looks like were going to get some more characters and if these two were this entertaining then I can't wait to see the others.
Jan 11, 2017 10:19 AM
Jan 2017
kinda dissappointing IMO, i waiting about 6 month for this and it's not as entertaining as 3 other moe anime i watch this season (urara, gabriel DO, and demi-chan).
also, they did the fanservice a bit too much
but overall this anime is good
Jan 11, 2017 10:27 AM

Oct 2015
Rook81 said:
Nostalgik said:
You're close. All the dragons have the ability to be invisible to anyone they don't want to see them.

This was fun. Did right by the source material. Can't wait to see more. Expect the sanity level to drop as the cast count increases. This was over too soon...
Oh I'm so happy there's an actual explanation! I just hope to see it and put it on my favs for this season ^^ (it's already one tbh xD) Thanks for the explanation! :)
Jan 11, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
so glad this finally got animated; was very enjoyable - the manga carried right over into anime format. I hope they keep doing right by the source material and this will easiuly be my AOTS lol
Jan 11, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
Nice start! Looking forward to seeing more!
Jan 11, 2017 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
I'm always excited to watch a Kyoto Animation series. I went in knowing nothing about it and only assumed it was something to do with a dragon from the title and the pictures that I have seen before hand. Within 5 minutes I was engrossed on what I was watching and what was developing. Easily one of the better series this season and not only that, this actually made me laugh out loud. Obviously this is just my opinion on the comedy and you might not like it but from the main two characters and the plot I really enjoyed what I was watching. I can't wait for episode 2.
Jan 11, 2017 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
Tooru in the house! Kana-chan is appearing in the preview. Such a cute little child dragon.

Lol. Fafnir's 'kill them' spam. Even when you meet him he'll have that feeling, but later.. you'll see!!

But Lucoa... @_@ she puts Tooru to shame. You'll see what I mean when she shows up. :P
Jan 11, 2017 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
DORAGON CRO!!! I'm not sorry

Very nice and funny episode.

I already read a couple manga chapters before and is very nice that were adapted finnally. Really I didn't know that Kobayashi was female until I read a certain chapter hehe, so I was right in wait better for the anime adaptation.

I UNDERSTAND THOSE CODE LINE +W+
Jan 11, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
D for Dragon :D Where did she even learn something like that lol. Glad to know there is a Fafnir. Looking forward to seeing him...
Jan 11, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2012
My Dragon Can't Be This Cute

Seriously, that was a really pleasant surprise.
Kobayashi cares but she's pretty blunt and straight to the point, huh?

Tooru was absolutely adorable. Strong enough to bring about Armageddon? o_O
Then her whole obsession with Kobayashi and her sniffing and licking her clothes was pretty great.

Her other world must've been filled with gods and other things if she was injured that severely. Hope we get a teensy more in-depth in that too later since it sounds interesting.

The visuals to the OP were pretty cute too

Overall, a pretty fun start to this anime.

Jan 11, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Surprisingly this was one of my more anticipated shows. While it didn't actually lived to my expectations (I didn't laughed as much compared to Gabriel), it was still pretty solid start. The comedy was decent, the moments along with its characters were pretty good as well.

I am pretty sure I'll enjoy this honestly as the episodes passes by, we'll see.
Jan 11, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
I was really pleasantly surprised by this one! Wasn't expecting much, but decided to check cause KyoAniPowa, plus the trailer looked okay, and hey, my expectations were exceeded! Nice humour, just the right, not over-the-top amount of moe and cute character design. Loved the drunken otaku-powered convo about maids x3
Tbh, Tohru's loli image and her D(ragon)-cup don't mix in my head well just yet, but I'll, get used to it fast, she's so funny.
Can't wait for other dragon girls! (and boys?)
Also Fafnir. "Kill them". Love the guy already.
Jan 11, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
This was a great first episode. It was pretty funny. I like the OP. The animation looks amazing. Tooru's dragon form is awesome. Kobayashi drunk was hilarious xD
Jan 11, 2017 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty much what you would expect from this adaptation
Jan 11, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
Anyone expecting this to be Free! levels of homo should just get out.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 11, 2017 12:10 PM

Oct 2011
Never heard of this manga before but the anime was priceless. I rewatched certain scenes to laugh again, like where Tooru's tail came back after she ate it and Kobayashi's strip freak out while drunk haha.
I actually found the comedy of this one to be refreshingly over the top and consistent with character interaction, it works well. The comedy reminds me of Denki-gai no Honya-san.
I love it, probably my fave out of all the moe/comedy/slice of life ones. Shoujo-ai vibes as well aw.
OP of the season.

Forum icon by Yandere

Jan 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
This was a good first episode, nice set-up, an adult lead, and a good tone.

I think this will be a fun show! fhana's OP is great as well.
Jan 11, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
It had charm, nice low-key humor and good presentation. Overall it was better than I thought it would be and I thought it would be pretty good.

Finally something entertaining this season
Jan 11, 2017 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
So cute! I love it already! It's such a chill anime, and the moe and sexual humor is just right. Not too forced and not too sexual. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes!!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jan 11, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
protagonist not cute, not really funny
one of the lesser show among great moe season
still watchable
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 11, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2015
Decent first episode. It was lighthearted.

Jan 11, 2017 1:50 PM
Jun 2015
Definitely a faithful adaptation so far, though I am a bit disappointed that Tohru didn't do Fuya's finish quickly pose.

I love the little details they added, like the explanation for how Tohru knows what Maids look like.

Best girl Kanna next week. Get hyped.

Edit:
GotGameJan 11, 2017 6:43 PM
Jan 11, 2017 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
Some of this was hit or miss but for the most part I really enjoyed it!
It had some funny, unique while not being unique comedy... if that makes sense. Basically comedic scenes coming from non-humans who have different standards have always been a thing but I think this is the first anime I've seen where the non-human is a dragon! There was some really funny stuff like the saliva part or her literally shooting beams into the sky to clear out the rain clouds xD
Also Fafnir, "Kill them." Wtf I love him already xD
It also had some very tender moments, like Kobayashi giving Tooru some clothes or when Tooru slept together with her, some really cute stuff there~

Looks like we get dragon girl number two, Kanna next episode
gust11Jan 11, 2017 2:01 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 11, 2017 2:02 PM

May 2015
Lmao, this was a fun first episode. It's kinda refreshing to see a different art style other than the "usual" KyoAni art style. Not to say that I dislike it of course, but a change doesn't hurt once in a while.

Looking forward to this!

Jan 11, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2011
Not funny, mostly boring. Don't really like the protagonist. Tohru is slightly cute, but not enough yet to carry the show. I'm willing to give this a few more episodes because of new characters and see where it is going.
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 11, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
A really amusing first episode. Tohru's very dedicated to serving Kobayashi and seeing her adapt to helping a human was cute and funny.

The visuals are different from most KyoAni shows for quite sometime, but it looks great. Simplistic, but also well detailed too. =)

The OP song by Fhana was great though. Probably my favourite opening song from this season right now.

So, this and Gabriel Dropout will be competing against each other for the comedy show of this season. For me, both are neck and neck, but I'm sure in the coming weeks, I'll find my preferred comedy show eventually. =)
Jan 11, 2017 2:15 PM

Sep 2016
Quite strong season for comedy anime. You have Konosuba returning, even derpier than before, which I love. And you have two new and strong contenders, with Gabriel Dropout and Kobayashi-san. So far, the characters in Gabriel are a little stronger, but it has only been one episode and I'm confident Kobayashi-san will catch up.
Jan 11, 2017 2:28 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, it was a fun episode ! not as strong as Gabriel DropOut but its a good start !

Also, best OP of this season so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

169 by _untitled »»
Mar 31, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.