Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kemono Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2017 9:08 PM

Nov 2015
Oh my god it was a 24 minutes episode. How can this air for 24 minutes HOW

Jan 10, 2017 9:42 PM

Nov 2009
Okay, it looks low-budget (in particular, it's hard to tell who's talking at the moment because they forget to animate mouth flaps), but it's really cute.
Nice touch in showing human advantages too.

39dearMIKU said:
BY THE WAY!!
I was confused, the main character was referred to "she" in the subtitles. I thought from appearance that this was a young boy!?

I assume she is a girl. Well, at his/her age it does not really matter.
The original language does not seem to use any gendered words to refer to Bag-chan.
Jan 10, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2015
Despite people talking about it's bad CG, it surely have some fun story. Anime for "refreshing" of the season. Definitely watching it until the end. :)
And here I thought it will be just some ordinary adventure at the safari park, and then some "alien" showed up. Does Bag-chan and Serval never know about "human"? And Hiipo-chan, I totally believe she's a sadistic-type person. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 10, 2017 11:18 PM

Jun 2013
well that was weird
Jan 10, 2017 11:59 PM
Jan 2017
Aelyn said:
So, I actually watched the first episode out of curiosity, and I can already see the tragedy. It will get negative reviews and ratings below 5/10 from the people who shouldn't (probably) even watch this kind of a childish anime.

Inexperienced staff + low budget = Kemono Friends.

Oh yes, to any adult person it looks bad. However, it's like saying "you suck at walking" to the guy who just stood up from a wheelchair for the first time. Who knows, maybe in 5 years this studio will be able to make something really good. Or maybe not.
Pretty much this. It's a kid's show, best suited for 4-6 year olds. Grown ups need not apply. Only reason I watched it was because I'm a parent.

Yes, the animation isn't great. Still, not the worst I've seen by a long shot. Character designs were well done and quite cute. If my kid were still of an age to watch this, I can see her wanting plushies of all the different Friends. And honestly, I wouldn't mind going broke stuffing my house full of adorable.

As a kid's show, this is pretty basic. Would like to see more substance as it progresses. Doesn't need to go super deep, but it needs more than what it's got right now. If the team can polish up the writing and animation as they progress, they'll do well. All in all, not a bad first outing for a new studio. Hopefully they can learn from this and find success in later projects. There's promise here.
Jan 11, 2017 3:50 AM

Mar 2009
Despite the art and animation, I thought it was a cute show. There are certainly much worse anime this season than this one.
Jan 11, 2017 6:12 AM

May 2010
unwatchable cgi nonsense
Jan 11, 2017 9:52 AM

Aug 2009
The setting is unique and I liked the characters.

It was fun. Watching this even though the CG animation is awful.
Jan 11, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2016
Considering it is a children's anime, this Anime seemed to me entertaining and curious, at least not as boring as Idol Jihen. Let's see how it goes...

Jan 11, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2014
Missing:
☒Large boobs
☒Excesive fan service
☒Edgy characters

Cannot be seen.

HealmeplzJan 11, 2017 3:53 PM
Jan 11, 2017 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
WOW NOW I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WOULD BE THIS MUCH CG. And it ain't even the good kind or the slightly cute kind. It's far from the good kind, and it's the FULL 24 MINUTES, and that is not something I can handle, not with this style. Oh god this hurt me. This hurt me on a mental and physical level. I knew it was only a matter of time before I ran into a bad anime this season, but oh god I was not expecting this. Even the voice acting hurt to listen too, though that's probably only because of the anime itself, not necessarily the voice actors faults there, they don't sound experienced, but it's more like adding fuel to the fire here. Anyway, the bad hit hard as heck all at once and no amount of preparation could have gotten me ready to handle this.

There wasn't a single enjoyable thing in this 24 minute series. The worse part about this was that I forced myself to watch the full episode before judging it just in case things changed. Things never changed. This is literally the worst thing I have ever watched, I have never been so disappointed and offended by furries before, I couldn't even enjoy the meows. I can't do this, I just can't. AND I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A KIDS SHOW OR NOT. That is no reason for this massive lack of quality, for 24 minutes.

God dang it I can't wait to watch Kono Suba and Kobayashi-san to make up for this mess.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 12, 2017 12:22 AM
Jan 2017
the background looks fantastic, the CG modeler looks decent but the animation are terrible! i've been waiting this anime for several months especially after the game itself get taken down by the company last month. at first i was expecting for short anime like tesagure but i dunno why the decide to make a full-leght animation with that no-name studio. everything is floaty and the move are really-really bad.
but i'm still gonna watch it till the end, i hope they fix a lot thing in next episode

** Edit: fuck Kadokawa, i can't believe they running this anime.
MyGoSep 28, 2017 2:52 AM
Jan 12, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
This show is clearly aimed at the younger children, i can imagine this show being great for 4-10 year olds. Bright colors and simple cute animation, perfect fit 4the younger :)

Need to add 'Genres: Kids' tag imo.
Jan 12, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2009
Unwatchable garbage.
MaximoHentaisama said:
Considering it is a children's anime, this Anime seemed to me entertaining and curious,

MrFalkers said:
This show is clearly aimed at the younger children, i can imagine this show being great for 4-10 year olds. Bright colors and simple cute animation, perfect fit 4the younger :)

Children anime don't air at 1AM
Jan 12, 2017 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
MrFalkers said:

Agree. For that age group it seems perfect.

bastek66 said:

But it does really seem like it's aimed at children with all the teaching in the dialogue.
Jan 13, 2017 2:14 AM

May 2009
modboy said:
bastek66 said:

But it does really seem like it's aimed at children with all the teaching in the dialogue.

Children, manchildren, what's the difference?
Jan 14, 2017 2:09 AM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Unwatchable garbage.
MaximoHentaisama said:
Considering it is a children's anime, this Anime seemed to me entertaining and curious,

MrFalkers said:

Please tell me it's the same channel as Hand Shakers. They could call it the Get Drunk and Cry Power Hour
Jan 14, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2009
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
bastek66 said:
Unwatchable garbage.

Please tell me it's the same channel as Hand Shakers. They could call it the Get Drunk and Cry Power Hour

Late night anime airs usually on multiple channels.
Jan 20, 2017 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
I thought the title was Kemonono Souljaboy Erin...but its NOT! -okay this is shitpost
i pity Kaban, Serval doesn't even realised that she's exhausted already!
2/5.

Jan 20, 2017 3:22 AM
Mar 2012
cg shading & design were fine, tho some lines, art & motion were ugly messy. Bg art & music nice tho. Noob vas sound like two retards asking about a library, they got better later on tho.
Should've been 7-12min. More educational or events could help. Maybe better than naria girls, but full length is ridiculous considering low budget for a cancelled game.
Hippo cool design but doesnt fit at all, stay in tron or somethin.
Penguins designs look fun
Jan 23, 2017 8:06 AM

Oct 2015
GangsterCat said:
War-yun said:
Everything now is moe shit. Compare this pile of manure to Damekko Doubutsu, an older series about "human animals". It's like comparing a fucking Lada to a SLS AMG.
i guess only western companies can make actual good animal animation show

I know some good animal anime:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2934/Shiawase_Sou_no_Okojo-san
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4286/Bonobono_TV
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3638/Kaiketsu_Zorori
Jan 30, 2017 6:19 PM
Jun 2014
I can't even begin one episode in and I'm feeling like it's run way to long. The animation is aweful and so far the story feels like a rip off of some famous movies jumbled together. The characters aren't even that interesting they all seem like I'm this animal and that's all I'm about.
Feb 22, 2017 4:14 AM

Nov 2009
S-Word said:
This is Utawarerumono, right?

No, the similarities are only skin-deep.
But if you liked Utawarerumono for its animal-eared girls, you might like this one too.
Feb 22, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
So this is the power of Kemono Friends, I feel enlightened.

Feb 22, 2017 12:52 PM

Nov 2009
S-Word said:
flannan said:

No, the similarities are only skin-deep.
But if you liked Utawarerumono for its animal-eared girls, you might like this one too.

Human character with amnesia wakes up to find themselves in a world where only animal-eared people exist.
Looks like Utawarerumono to me. Looking forward to the twist at the end.

Feb 22, 2017 1:32 PM

Nov 2009
S-Word said:
flannan said:

I guess you haven't played Futari no Hakuoro yet. It becomes a plot point in that game. Then again, I don't know how much I'd trust the new games over the original.

I did not. They weren't even released for PC, to say nothing of being translated into any language I know enough to play such a game.
Feb 22, 2017 3:58 PM

Aug 2016
The worst thing I saw in my life, This goes for discovery kids xD
Mar 1, 2017 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty weird as anime series, but I was curious to look after all the fuss that has caused these anime. As I always said, I hate the CG, imagine if I can appreciate this one, though the characters are cute, though not know them at all. Still amazes me that the length of an episode, is similar to the standard, even I imagined was a maximum of five minutes, the duration of each episode.
Wow! I'm surprised that two healthy we pages of messages, there are anime series, the milgiore quality this season, coming up to a single page, it is true that the world is populated by madmen. XD
Mar 1, 2017 9:11 PM
Dec 2013
I watched this first episode because I kept seeing reactions images everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen anything more low budget then this in my entire life. For some reason I'm compelled to keep watching it even though I hate it, but my laziness will probably cause me to never bother watching another episode.
Mar 12, 2017 11:02 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, this was actually really cute and charming.
Mar 14, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
Girl on top of girl this soon, eh?

Hello, Hippo. :)

lol at Hippo keep telling them to be careful as they keep getting farther and farther.

lol at Serval trying to open the box to get the guide.

lol at Hippo saying the Cerulean has some nerve challenging her to a battle of big mouths.

There she is! My waifu friend in the preview on the first right of the middle character. So perfect.

I've ignored Kemono Friends for the longest because it looked terrible and that I just wasn't interested in it, but one day I saw a character (fan art) that was waifu material (mentioned above) and found out that she was in this show. So my only reason to watch this is to see that character and know her personality. After watching this episode, aside from looking ugly as shit with that CG, it is actually good enough to keep watching.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 25, 2017 4:46 AM

Feb 2016
Lol, this was so much better than expected.
Seriously, the animation isn't that bad. So underrated.
Mar 28, 2017 2:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
And thus, my journey with the friends begin.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 29, 2017 5:41 AM

May 2010
Wow this is already great at episode 1. Which idiot rated it 1/5 that's plain stupid and I am not even sorry.
Mar 29, 2017 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
Gave it four minutes. Noped out.

Apr 1, 2017 4:35 AM

Sep 2008
lol, that was fun. Somehow it has this sinister vibe to it.
Apr 2, 2017 7:10 AM
Nov 2013
After reading comments in the first page
Apr 3, 2017 2:33 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hmm, this series reminds me of Jinrui wa Suitai shimashita (Mankind has Declined).

The entire park is quite mysterious and does have a SF feel to it. Very nice world building.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 3, 2017 6:55 AM

May 2009
I really want to like this anime, but the character models are just so bad they don't integrate with the detailed 2D backgrounds. I swear I've seen better CGI from the newest Berserk anime series.
Arashi89Apr 3, 2017 9:43 AM
Apr 3, 2017 8:47 AM

May 2012
Pretty average start, the CGI hurts my eyes a bit, especially with some of the models not being properly UV mapped...

But well the setting is pretty nice, so let's see what's next!
Apr 4, 2017 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
I don't mind the animation but the plot bores me. :/
Apr 14, 2017 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
At first I put this anime On-Hold, thanks to the CGI. But after reading a few articles i decided to watch this anime. If you wondered why I watch this the answer should be obvious. I am Bored. Bored of random High School setting. Bored of unlimited Harems. Bored of watching so many people getting reincarnated into fantasy setting that happens to have magic. Too many anime these days keeps on trying to become popular to get many fans. When the game producer pull the investment on this anime, it lost all of its budget.

This anime have a formula that being forgotten by many people and the creators these days. This anime is back-to-its-roots Adventurous Journey
SeasonLeavesApr 14, 2017 4:19 AM
Apr 20, 2017 12:26 AM

Jan 2016
Even worse cgi than Berserk 2016 and the whole "animal" girls that are clearly human behaving like animals thing is really awkward at times. I mean, did Serval not understand the concept of thumbs despite having them herself? And those aren't "claws", they're just normal human hands.

Fuck it, I ain't got plans tonight.
mintkatApr 20, 2017 12:31 AM
May 2, 2017 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
I appreciate it avoided the "humans can't do anything" cliche and acknowledged that we have good heat management and endurance compared to many other creatures.

The face that the "animals" look like people in costumes is pretty weird, though. When Serval paws at the map box with her human hands it really doesn't get her difference from "Bag" across, and when the hippo makes the crack about big mouths it doesn't work because she actually has a tiny anime mouth.
May 18, 2017 12:24 PM

Nov 2012
Decided to check this out to see what all the fuss was about.

I like it so far,it's cute and light hearted. Guess I have high tolerance for cgi cause didn't mind it at all.

Not expecting too much from this but as long as it manages to be above average I'll be satisfied.
May 20, 2017 4:38 AM
Jul 2016
I'm watching it after it finished and people already "decided" that it's actually good. And you know what? Awful animation aside it isn't so bad. I'm interested what those "Ceruleans" actually are and why they're dangerous. But the animation is a real shame.
May 20, 2017 5:47 AM
Jul 2016
Fronzel said:
I appreciate it avoided the "humans can't do anything" cliche and acknowledged that we have good heat management and endurance compared to many other creatures.

My thoughts exactly! Thank you
May 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
What am i watching lol
May 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
What am i watching lol
Jun 9, 2017 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
Quite a weird beginning, it wasn't THAT bad
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Jan 24, 2017

39 by HatsuneYugi39 »»
Jul 24, 2022 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Mar 28, 2017

134 by Mat2468xk »»
May 21, 2022 5:35 AM

» Terrible first episode?

ShadowMonkey - Aug 23, 2018

3 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 2022 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - Mar 21, 2017

80 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 6 Discussion

Aversa - Feb 14, 2017

35 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 6:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.