Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 135 136 [137] 138 139 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2017 1:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Head_Hunter47 said:
Can anyone tell me what "free" on the bingo card means?

Sorry, if it was written on the main page. Couldn't find it.

You can watch whatever you want for that space to finish your card/design.
Oct 18, 2017 2:56 PM

Jun 2013
omegakiller said:
Quick question, how many anime that aired this year are we allowed to have in are list?

You can, if they finish before the due date for the challenge, use any and all animes that streamed this current year(And all previous years, of course, as long as you started them in 2017)!
Oct 18, 2017 5:15 PM

Nov 2016
Can someone give me recommendations for no. 59 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread). Nothing too long, please (24 max) - any genre works. Thanks !
Oct 19, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2016

Thanks a lot :D These all look interesting and some of them I've already thought on watching soon !
Oct 19, 2017 10:55 PM

Mar 2011
Could I get some recommendations for #59, please? TV type and preferably one-cour or two-cours max. ^^
Oct 19, 2017 11:57 PM

Jul 2014
MochiMagus said:
Could I get some recommendations for #59, please? TV type and preferably one-cour or two-cours max. ^^

Steins;Gate
Shinsekai yori
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Hachimitsu to Clover
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Oct 20, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2017
[re-post]

Hello Everyone!

We will be taking suggestions regarding the 2018 MAL Anime/Manga Challenge. The suggestions are for either new items for the challenge list or removal of existing ones. If you would like to make any, please complete this form.

Thanks!
Oct 20, 2017 5:36 AM

Oct 2015
@Sojin
oh bro, how do i turn in now that i completed the challenge =/
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 20, 2017 7:06 AM

Mar 2016
Scarlett_ryuken said:
@Sojin
On the sign-up page if you scroll down below the first post there will be a code saying turn-in forum. Just copy and paste that into a new post and fill it out on the challenge thread, not this thread.
Oct 20, 2017 7:34 AM

Oct 2015
Sojin said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:
@Sojin
On the sign-up page if you scroll down below the first post there will be a code saying turn-in forum. Just copy and paste that into a new post and fill it out on the challenge thread, not this thread.

sounds like a lot of work, so ill turn it in next week i guess
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 20, 2017 8:30 AM

Mar 2011
mozgow said:
MochiMagus said:

Steins;Gate
Shinsekai yori
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Hachimitsu to Clover
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Thank you! ^^ I'll take a look at them.
Oct 20, 2017 2:49 PM
Jun 2017
Can someone recommend me an anime to watch?
Oct 20, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2008
About this one
74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile

I just click em recommendations in anime page or there's another way?
Oct 20, 2017 4:00 PM

Aug 2015
ViolinistGirl said:
About this one
74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile

I just click em recommendations in anime page or there's another way?

I don't know other ways. You select one of your favorites and you choose one of the recommended animes related to your favorite. Example: you have Azumanga Daioh in your favs, so you can choose Lucky Star or Nichijou for this item.
Oct 21, 2017 12:43 AM
Oct 2017
Anyone got any recommendations for #59. I'm up to watch anything really.
Oct 21, 2017 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
TheMagicPixel said:
Anyone got any recommendations for #59. I'm up to watch anything really.

I will recommend the following:
- Cowboy Bebop
- Toradora
- 3-Gatsu no Lion
- Akira
- Black Lagoon
- Dimension W
- Steins Gate
- Baccano
Oct 22, 2017 12:55 AM
Jul 2017
"30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga."

I'm a bit lost trying to find a good one for this, especially as I'm trying to also filter by TV type and Psychological genre. Can someone confirm that Litchi DE Hikari Club works? And if not, does anyone have another one that would?
Oct 22, 2017 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
EstaUnCachucha said:

I'm a bit lost trying to find a good one for this, especially as I'm trying to also filter by TV type and Psychological genre. Can someone confirm that Litchi DE Hikari Club works? And if not, does anyone have another one that would?

It probably won't do, since the source mentioned here is Manga. You'll need one where the mentioned source is Web Manga, or 4-koma Manga, or Digital Manga. For example, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

It won't be hard to find TV type with 4-koma as source, but a psychological? That might be difficult, since, from what little knowledge I have, a 4-koma manga mainly relies on comedy skits done in 4 panels.

I haven't had much luck searching for a Psychological TV type Digital Manga or Web Manga adapted anime yet.
Oct 22, 2017 6:19 AM

Apr 2010
EstaUnCachucha said:

I'm a bit lost trying to find a good one for this, especially as I'm trying to also filter by TV type and Psychological genre.

There aren't any of them in the database.

There's a good reason why Psychological isn't an official genre for the "master of" additional title : there are too few anime of this kind to fit all the requirements (with 30 being it blatant case of it being outright impossible).

This is a case where you should give up on your self-imposed challenge, and just use a non-Psychological series for this item.
Oct 22, 2017 6:34 AM
Sep 2017
Hi!
I got number 59 as a part of the anime watching challenge. So please recommend some anime you really enjoy for me to watch!

Thank you :D
Oct 22, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2016
Got a few questions:

Can I use Vatican Kiseki Chousakan for #44 (outside of Japan, but still on Earth)?

Blend S is set to have 12 episodes, thus it would end ON the 24th. I've read the FAQ, so I should be able to use it, BUT it doesn't have a set end date on it's MAL page. Can I still use it for entry #42 (human main character that is not Japanese)?

I actually had one more question, but I can't remember it right now orz
Oct 22, 2017 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
Just wondering if anyone had a few suggestions for #1. I'm having a hard time using the search function to find OVA that are unrelated to other anime. Appreciate any help, it's one of my last items to finish up.
Oct 22, 2017 8:39 AM

Mar 2016
sakura_lu said:
Hi!
I got number 59 as a part of the anime watching challenge. So please recommend some anime you really enjoy for me to watch!

Thank you :D
I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/Nagi_no_Asukara
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31953/New_Game
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
PumaConcolor said:
Got a few questions:

Can I use Vatican Kiseki Chousakan for #44 (outside of Japan, but still on Earth)?

Blend S is set to have 12 episodes, thus it would end ON the 24th. I've read the FAQ, so I should be able to use it, BUT it doesn't have a set end date on it's MAL page. Can I still use it for entry #42 (human main character that is not Japanese)?

I actually had one more question, but I can't remember it right now orz
Yes for both of your questions.
elrond99 said:
Just wondering if anyone had a few suggestions for #1. I'm having a hard time using the search function to find OVA that are unrelated to other anime. Appreciate any help, it's one of my last items to finish up.
I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5177/Denpa-teki_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1696/Murder_Princess
https://myanimelist.net/anime/268/Golden_Boy
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10711/Plastic_Neesan
SojinOct 22, 2017 8:45 AM
Oct 22, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
46. Watch a Gourmet, Superhero or Magical Girl themed anime - state the theme; use any of those listed.

Boku no Hero Academia is listed, but Boku no Hero Academia: Training of the Dead is not. Does it count? It's the same series so it is Superhero themed.
Oct 22, 2017 3:59 PM
Jul 2017
Jhiday said:
EstaUnCachucha said:

I'm a bit lost trying to find a good one for this, especially as I'm trying to also filter by TV type and Psychological genre.

There's a good reason why Psychological isn't an official genre for the "master of" additional title : there are too few anime of this kind to fit all the requirements (with 30 being it blatant case of it being outright impossible).

I had a feeling this might be the case, unfortunately. Would there happen to be any titles that would fit this in one of the closely-related genres (thriller, mystery, horror)? The closest I was able to find was one tagged with supernatural (Gugure! Kokkuri-san) and one tagged fantasy (Urara Meirochou), neither of which are great, but I might well be overlooking something. And, as long as I'm asking questions, is there any way to search/sort anime by Source? Thanks for the help!
Oct 22, 2017 6:37 PM

Oct 2015
elrond99 said:

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=ova

lists all the ova in the database by score, some of them are stand alones

EstaUnCachucha said:
Jhiday said:

I had a feeling this might be the case, unfortunately. Would there happen to be any titles that would fit this in one of the closely-related genres (thriller, mystery, horror)? The closest I was able to find was one tagged with supernatural (Gugure! Kokkuri-san) and one tagged fantasy (Urara Meirochou), neither of which are great, but I might well be overlooking something. And, as long as I'm asking questions, is there any way to search/sort anime by Source? Thanks for the help!

you havent watched them, how do you know they arent great >:C
Oct 22, 2017 7:57 PM
Jul 2017
Scarlett_ryuken said:

Excuse me, I misspoke. I'm sure they're fantastic shows, I merely meant that the supernatural and fantasy genres aren't great matches for being substitutes for psychological. Mea culpa!!
Oct 22, 2017 8:04 PM

Oct 2015
EstaUnCachucha said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

Excuse me, I misspoke. I'm sure they're fantastic shows, I merely meant that the supernatural and fantasy genres aren't great matches for being substitutes for psychological. Mea culpa!!

tbh sorry to disappoint but there's zero, at best maybe 1 or 2 4-koma/web manga that are psychological/horror/thriller/mystery

since they're mostly slice of life/comedy/ romance
Oct 22, 2017 10:16 PM

Apr 2010
EstaUnCachucha said:
I had a feeling this might be the case, unfortunately. Would there happen to be any titles that would fit this in one of the closely-related genres (thriller, mystery, horror)?

Unfortunately, these genres are barely more diverse than Psychological (Thriller only has 35ish TV series total !), so there's only one possible anime for each.

Thriller has https://myanimelist.net/anime/20329/Koroshiya-san__The_Hired_Gun (decently funny, and very short).

Horror has https://myanimelist.net/anime/36245/Evil_or_Live (currently airing, so may not be done by the challenge deadline ; also not very good from what I've seen).

Mystery has https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/Made_in_Abyss (one of the best shows of the year).
Oct 22, 2017 11:40 PM

Nov 2012
I need suggestion for this category. TV type and preferably 1 cour.

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Oct 23, 2017 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
For me, I am going to enter but basically just to have some fun and not be all serious about it.
Oct 23, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2008
For question 42, Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality, would Quanzhi Fashi be ok? The MC is originally in China but the story them moves to take place in an alternative China...

Thanks in advance!
nehnehnejiOct 29, 2017 5:22 PM
Oct 23, 2017 6:19 PM
Jul 2017
Jhiday said:
EstaUnCachucha said:
I had a feeling this might be the case, unfortunately. Would there happen to be any titles that would fit this in one of the closely-related genres (thriller, mystery, horror)?

. . .

Mystery has https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/Made_in_Abyss (one of the best shows of the year).

Thanks so much for the help! Made in Abyss looks awesome, and I'll definitely be checking it out, whether or not I do end up doing the challenge as I'd originally hoped.
Oct 23, 2017 6:45 PM

Dec 2007
42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality; can't be half-Japanese

Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 5 - Itoshiki Monotachi e

Leila Malcal is one of the main characters and is britannian. It's a half-fictional world (retelling, i think), so I don't know if it counts for the challenge. Does is count? Probably not, but asking doesn't hurt... i think.
Oct 24, 2017 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Another one that is wondering about this as that is needed to complete this challenge.
Oct 24, 2017 7:09 AM

Mar 2016
Oct 24, 2017 4:47 PM
Jun 2015
Please someone help me with this :

Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Oct 24, 2017 7:13 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
[re-post]

Hello Everyone!

We will be taking suggestions regarding the 2018 MAL Anime/Manga Challenge. The suggestions are for either new items for the challenge list or removal of existing ones. If you would like to make any, please complete this form.

Thanks!

჌ HiScore ჌ LoScore ჌ Auction

჌ Turn-Ins ჌ AWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 24, 2017 7:39 PM

Jun 2012
I doubled checked my sign up form. But should I have someone check the sign-up form before I turn it in? Am I pretty much screwed if I turn it in and there is an error in one of my entries? Or if one of the anime used doesn't meet the certain criteria? They don't give me a chance to correct whatever error I made? Or use a different series that fits the challenge?

My sign-up form

Oct 25, 2017 7:56 AM

Mar 2016
Dadarklord1109 said:
I doubled checked my sign up form. But should I have someone check the sign-up form before I turn it in? Am I pretty much screwed if I turn it in and there is an error in one of my entries? Or if one of the anime used doesn't meet the certain criteria? They don't give me a chance to correct whatever error I made? Or use a different series that fits the challenge?

My sign-up form
You some how triple posted which is an amazing feat in its own right since there is supposed to be a 15 sec timer between each post. Anyway, If something is wrong with your sign-up form you will get a PM from AWC_mod telling you what needs to be corrected so if you are done and you've checked over your sign-up forum and everything looks good then just post the turn-in and the Inspectors will take care of the rest.
SojinOct 25, 2017 8:17 AM
Oct 26, 2017 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Could I get a recommendation for the #59 ?
I prefer 1-2 cour and pretty much any genre.
Oct 26, 2017 12:30 PM
Mar 2016
Can i use movies for some of the challenges?
Oct 26, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
Mononoke_Himee said:
Can i use movies for some of the challenges?

Yes you can, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Oct 26, 2017 12:33 PM
Mar 2016
Nuel14 said:
Please someone help me with this :

Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

I think Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu should work out for this
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 135 136 [137] 138 139 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 20 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 6 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

237 by NightVampire »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.