Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2016
Chinatsu is me = eating junk food first thing in the morning.

I thought Makabe would be like 'Im the best' but I get why he is like this, kinda understand he wish for revenge but not sure if it will work haha probably there more to tell on Adagaki's side ^^

Idk why but I have a feeling the one who found who Makabe is was Yoshino haha Its a funny anime, Im excited for the next ep ^^
Jan 5, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
This was adapted very nicely! Very well done! :)
Jan 5, 2017 10:23 AM
Nov 2013
First new show of the winter season for me. Pretty fun romcom series, seems like a mixture of Oregairu and Haganai.

Adagaki seems like the most brutal tsundere I've seen a while. This show will definitely be fun to watch~
Jan 5, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2015
OK, I'm game. This could be fun stuff.
Jan 5, 2017 10:35 AM

Aug 2015
Decent first episode, the MCs were lame I expect more on the following episodes though I like the loli mom and Saori Hayami's character, was that a trap?. Looking forward for more.
Jan 5, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
"who the bloody hell is this chibi?" a moment later, "what!? she is his mother!?" lol
I'm gonna love this anime, very good amount of comedy in this episode lol.
Jan 5, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2009
AnimeCruiser said:
It just released today and it's already ranked 61. Nice!

That realy only means that MAL's system is flawed and idiots are rating too fast.
Jan 5, 2017 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
The episode for this series as an introduction was pretty decent, as expected I thought they would have to make changes in order to make it work in a way. They did a bitch switcheroos in order for the ending to be more impactful for the main goal. They didn't changed much but they did somehow made it more... how to say, fitting in comparison? They still stayed to the manga sense but just a bit differently.

I like it as a person who has read the manga although I could see people disliking Makabe for two things: 1. His personality or 2. His backstory (it is rather cliche but when I read it I found myself enjoying this anyways)

Animation and Artstyle as expected is solid, I am expecting at least for it to keep it consistent throughout honestly, as I don't really want this to flop on it. I like the artstyle even though I would have prefered a bit towards the manga, but this works a lot. Simple, yet pretty nice.

Other than that, good start for this series. I can't wait for more for what's to come from later episodes.
Jan 5, 2017 10:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
bastek66 said:
AnimeCruiser said:

That realy only means that MAL's system is flawed and idiots are rating too fast.

Those were all manga readers, i can already tell.
Jan 5, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
Just got around watching this on Crunchyroll, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would after I first initially posted on here and reading some comments here.
There was no Ecchi in the episode which was good enough for me as I am not a big fan, but that may come in later episodes. We did see the fan service bit in the opening.
Animation was good, from what you expect by the studio. I hope there is more to it than just of what I have seen so far. Oh and I really like the ED.

EDIT. Just noticed MAL does not consider it as Ecchi but a Harem. But on AniChart it said it's a Ecchi, Comedy, Romance, Slice of life.
Jan 5, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
Okay start I guess. By the looks of things, I might end up disliking Aki quite a lot. The way she treats those who confess to her, Tanabe's reaction was bound to happen sooner or later. Even though she has such a unlikable character, she roasts those who confess to her, why do guys still go after her? Why was that guy telling Makabe not to get full of himself? He should feel sorry for Makabe instead. I'll never understand this thing.

Makabe's sister was cute. And what was up with his mother? Lol. She didn't look like a mother lol.

The visuals were great. Love those Silver Link colors.

Okay stuff. I'll give it another episode or two, assuming next Thursday doesn't get filled with better stuff.
Jan 5, 2017 10:50 AM

May 2010
It was ok, I already like the mc more than other harem mcs, there's also a trap and a loli mom haha..
It doesn't look like anything special but I think it will keep me entertained
Jan 5, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2016
Smudy said:
bastek66 said:

Those were all manga readers, i can already tell.

If it was all manga readers then the rating should be lower since they would know where this series end up....
Jan 5, 2017 10:57 AM

Jun 2015
Nice first episode. I'm liking Masamune's plan. OP and ED sounds good, but I prefer the ED. It sounds better. Animation is okay. Pretty funny there is a loli mom and a trap.
Jan 5, 2017 11:01 AM
Jun 2016
Anime spot diagnosis 101: Adagaki Aki

Hypoglycemia

Most likely cause....some sort of insulin producing tumor in her pancreas....or some issue with the thyroid gland.

Also suspected: Bulimic.

On to the show.....very very interesting, and looking good . Found an anime that I can look forward to for this season.

Masamune-kun's mother looks younger than her kids.....

Anime!
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Jan 5, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2016
Really enjoyed this first episode. Really like the characters and the animation is on point. It was also very funny at times.

In terms of the story I think the concept is pretty cool. Will be interesting to see were it goes.

Jan 5, 2017 11:07 AM

Feb 2016
Wow! a Harem that doesn't involve a shitty scaredy main character? well thats pretty great imo, still have to watch more to confirm that, 4 episodes rule, seems fun! gonna be a fun ride
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 5, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
because i not remember most of manga i have no idea if they did good or not for this ep

from the op spoiler

Into the Internet!
Jan 5, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Fun start indeed and very well adapted .
To those thinking about it, the ecchi is actually quite light though i do question whether the author has a leg fetish
They remained faithful to the manga's art, and the animation was nice .
I liked though the ost too.
The loli mom though .
Shishou_23Jan 5, 2017 11:31 AM
Jan 5, 2017 11:15 AM

Oct 2015
quality look good.. looking forward to next episode
Jan 5, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2010
"sigh"

Overall it's pretty decent but I really annoyed by both main characters.

MC is pretty much the generic MC with the twist that he is the hot guy. That however isn't a good trait for MC, after all MC will always get harem of girls regardless of their appearance.

Then main heroine is the typical spoiled rich girl with personality problems which were caused by some "sad past event". Seeing how she has some ties with the MC, that past even was probably caused by MC. The whole plot will probably be about that.

Then again we definitely won't miss the BEACH EPISODE. It was in an opening. There seems to be also generic but rarer, class making a play at the school festival. I am pretty sure that the fireworks with Yukatas will be implemented somewhere as well.

Last but not least seeing the comments it seems like we will have few episodes about secondary character who will definitely be the best girl but donkan MC won't even notice her and will continue his revange plan which will eventually end up as NOTHING because he will notice that the rich girl has the hidden past problem so he will now try to resolve it instead.

In the end the series will end without proper ending because manga did not end yet.

"sigh"
Jan 5, 2017 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
bastek66 said:
AnimeCruiser said:

Just one of the reasons a show's rating number shouldn't show until after a show's run . . . as I always say, Watch it yourself and make your own decision to keep the fanboys and the haters from clouding your judgement on a show.
Jan 5, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
Ah, the beautiful love/revenge story between a narcissist and a egotistical asshole, tale as old as time.

bastek66 said:
AnimeCruiser said:

I agree. I've always thought MAL should only let you rate a show after its finished or dropped (and if its some long running series maybe allow rating after x amount of episodes)
DragohammerJan 5, 2017 12:19 PM
Jan 5, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
Decent introduction.
Jan 5, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2016
Not too bad! The characters look cute, albeit a little generic, and I like the main character a lot. Will be following it this season! Let's hope it can keep up an interesting story.

On a side note, is anyone else disappointed with both the OP/ED songs?
Jan 5, 2017 11:57 AM

Jan 2015
This was very enjoyable, didn't expect it
Jan 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. Looking forward for more. As expected by Silverlink.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 5, 2017 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
eso18 said:
"sigh"

Overall it's pretty decent but I really annoyed by both main characters.

MC is pretty much the generic MC with the twist that he is the hot guy. That however isn't a good trait for MC, after all MC will always get harem of girls regardless of their appearance.

Then main heroine is the typical spoiled rich girl with personality problems which were caused by some "sad past event". Seeing how she has some ties with the MC, that past even was probably caused by MC. The whole plot will probably be about that.

Then again we definitely won't miss the BEACH EPISODE. It was in an opening. There seems to be also generic but rarer, class making a play at the school festival. I am pretty sure that the fireworks with Yukatas will be implemented somewhere as well.

Last but not least seeing the comments it seems like we will have few episodes about secondary character who will definitely be the best girl but donkan MC won't even notice her and will continue his revange plan which will eventually end up as NOTHING because he will notice that the rich girl has the hidden past problem so he will now try to resolve it instead.

In the end the series will end without proper ending because manga did not end yet.

"sigh"
I would have preferred if it went Anime original in the 2nd half, but oh well
Sup...
Jan 5, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
Very nice adaption :) ... they managed to give Aki sufficient intensity (that was my prime worry), and the artstyle is very true to the original. Which isn't easy.

This will be fun to follow. Even though I'm afraid that it will be impossible to keep clean without having idiots spoiling key developments.
Jan 5, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2015
What? The main heroine is a bratty bitch who treats everyone like shit? We all know what that means... BEST GIRL 2017!
Jan 5, 2017 12:17 PM

Apr 2015
Nice episode, my expectations were met c:
Jan 5, 2017 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
It's quite good, the show are enjoyable so far. But somehow i dislike the Hero/Heroine attidude.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Jan 5, 2017 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Was pretty fun for the most part although the princess is way too nasty to people and deserves to be brought down a notch or two.

Why does the mum look 10 years old?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 5, 2017 12:46 PM

Jun 2008
"if you're not a hot guy, you're not human"

It's funny how anime is starting to insult it's own viewership.
DizzeeJan 5, 2017 12:50 PM
Jan 5, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2015
Aki is annoying. I hope she gets more likable later.
Masamune needs to grow some balls. Didn't like how he let's himself be intimidated by her. Also,

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
SchwingBonerJan 5, 2017 4:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2017 12:50 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
For a romcom introduction that was pretty solid. Though I was expecting it to be just given the fun concept
Jan 5, 2017 12:54 PM

Feb 2016
I think the first episode was really good to start the series. We get enough background information and personality from both Makabe and Adagaki with out being overwhelmed.

The OP shows a ton of different characters in which I always find risky in anything I watch, but after watching the episode, there were multiple flashbacks so I'm going to assume that the extra characters that are shown are actually the same people but in differnt flashbacks. I really enjoyed the music as well so I don't think I'll get bored and skip it for future episodes. I can't put much input towards the ED because I'm simply not into them but it seems nice and if you screenshot inbetween credit transitions you can get some nice wallpapers lol.

In regards to the content I would say the personality of Makabe is decent; fat kid, gets rejected, years later is hot and fit, meets rejector year, plans revenge. I can live with it. Adagaki's personality I found was pretty generic. labeled as the “Cruel Princess” she is seen as blunt and cold hearted, BUT of course she has her flaws. In this case its her over eating. *gesp* h'wat a twiste! I found some sections decently funny and I look forward to see how the plot unfolds in future episodes.

I think I'll stick with this series although I don't think it will stand out for me in anyway, just seems like an average anime.

99% 100% chance I have no idea what I'm talking about
Jan 5, 2017 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
The OST cracks me up with how serious and dramatic it gets at the times.

BDT87 said:
EDIT. Just noticed MAL does not consider it as Ecchi but a Harem. But on AniChart it said it's a Ecchi, Comedy, Romance, Slice of life.

Yet it's neither ecchi nor harem (yeah it has a few girls in the cast, but they are actually "dealt with" relatively quickly).

Dragohammer said:
I agree. I've always thought MAL should only let you rate a show after its finished or dropped (and if its some long running series maybe allow rating after x amount of episodes)

Stupid idea, people will want a score for currently running Anime.

Also, scores of people who drop a show should have priority? Are you serious? The ep1 droppers, who literally have no idea what a given show is even about, are already the biggest flaw in the scoring system (which is fortunately fixed one the show ends and only scores of people who watched everything matter) and you'd want to make them even more important? Yeah no, readers of source material at least know what a show is about and what to expect (and as such their scores can be used for predictions), but most early droppers hate a show for not being to their tastes and never have a proper basis to score something (you'd need to watch over half of a show or the first cour for a multi-cour show for that, perfectly the entire show).
Jan 5, 2017 1:02 PM

Nov 2012
Not terrible,expected worse and was actually slightly fun/entertaining to watch.

Even if this turns out bad I'll probably keep watching for Aki's legs if anything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 5, 2017 1:07 PM
Jun 2015
This anime has potential . I hope in the end the MC will stop being so narcissistic and stops being such a cunt
Tommypez97Aug 16, 2017 12:18 PM
Jan 5, 2017 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
Seems a tad meh to me. Though our main character actually being one of the popular kids instead of the general nobody or the pervert loser of the school is interesting. I mean the guy already has girls wanting him so if he obtains a harem it's a bit more believable. And okay what the heck is with that guys mom? Why is she a loli? That was bugging me throughout the whole dang episode. It's just weird. The "Revenge" seems rather petty honestly. Even for a tsundere Aki seems pretty unlikable already. 6/10 so far.
Codename_ZQJan 5, 2017 1:13 PM
Jan 5, 2017 1:16 PM
Nov 2015
Looks good but like the manga it would probably be even better if it was darker. Pacing is good maybe a bit too fast.
Jan 5, 2017 1:16 PM
Mar 2013
Wasn't expecting much from this tbh but it seems really promising. I really like the elements of health and food etc, kind of makes the show seem a little niche imo. I love all the characters so far, something about narcissistic MCs always makes me laugh and makes a show much more enjoyable for me. The trap friend is a nice addition too.

Really looking forward to watching this every week
Jan 5, 2017 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
wow what a bitch she could've just said no damn poor dude
Jan 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
I like the MC tbh, strong self-improvement next step is to visit a good shrink and work out that old trauma.

But why are people saying the art/animation was good? Looked below average to me, the character design is ok but nothing special.
Jan 5, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
As expected, this bitch Adagaki pissed me off the 2nd time with her ruthlessness in rejecting guys. Since the manga's near its end they may just do a complete adaptation with skipping some stuffs, not that I mind anyways.

Best thing about this anime is the ED, Choucho!!!!
Jan 5, 2017 1:37 PM

Dec 2016
VanishingKira said:

Even if this turns out bad I'll probably keep watching for Aki's legs if anything ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I searched way too far into this thread to find this.
Jan 5, 2017 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting set up, hopefully it's conclusive and not left with an open ending.
Jan 5, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2014
So far, I'm liking the start of Masamune-kun's Revenge.

Masamune himself feel pretty similar to Kanie from Amagi when he was admiring himself in the mirror, but he's nowhere as narcissistic as Kanie is though.

Aki is downright cruel to any guy that tries to confess to her, but she's seemingly friendly to the other girls that she ate lunch with. Regardless of her harsh personality, the glasses guy lost his rag and pulled her hair and almost humiliated her by chopping some of it off, but Masamune saved her in the nick of time.

His plan to make her fall in love with him so he can humiliate her by dumping her sounds VERY far off right now, backed up by the fact that she sent a letter to him, calling him 'Pig's Foot' once again, indicating that she remembers him from their past.

So far, the OP and ED songs are nice and the art & animation already is looking better than Silver Link's last show, Brave Witches. Thankfully... ^^;

Good start and I'm hoping the show will continue this start throughout its run. =)
Jan 5, 2017 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
digging it so far!
have hopes for this but my friend reads the manga and says its a disappointment for some reason, i hope i see why..
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.