Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was a great conclusion for the match. Everyone played well but grats to Karasuno for playing better and winning the match. Took me a long way to get where they are today. Of course, Shiratorizawa also played very well but wasn't enough at the end. Still, nothing to be shamed of imo for them.

8/10 this season.

I hope for S4 in the future. Very proud of Karasuno and I think that medal looks good on Hinata :D
Dec 9, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
They won despite the pressure they felt. Megane guy is being praised by his members but he thinks he didn't do so much himself. Thank you for the thorough explanation even after the game is finished, Uncle Bomb!

The school is talking about the team going to the national. Showing other teams. Nice poster.

A big chance for the setter guy.

Let's see when the new season will be announced next... So we get to see KajiKaji's character's team in action.
tsubasaloverDec 9, 2016 5:19 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2016 9:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
For me is a 9/10...Great final!!! Great Season!!!
Dec 9, 2016 11:00 AM
Jul 2016
Now that was EPIC!
Dec 9, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2008
I have so many mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm flailing over the scenes I love that were animated but so mad that they cut out one of my favorite scenes in this whole arc.

The anime staff must hate Shiratorizawa because they keep cutting out their scenes. They made Ushijima look like a monster and cut out the whole scene that showed just how important his team is to him. That scene made me cry and I was so looking forward to seeing it animated.

Anyone who wants to start the manga now, start from chapter 190.
Dec 9, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
Anime of the season for me

Karasuno finally going to nationals

Season 4 probably won't be made for a while since they've pretty much almost caught up with the manga.

OrangeJPDec 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Dec 9, 2016 12:00 PM
Nov 2015
Pretty solid adaption, I'm pretty mad at myself for reading the manga now. I probably would've enjoyed this more if I hadn't known the outcome.

8/10
Dec 9, 2016 12:07 PM

May 2015
The victory part got me all emotional. This has been an end to an incredible journey that was started in Season 2. Now it's off to even bigger and better things.

The only part that I didn't like was how the episode (and for that matter, the season) just... ended. There was any kind of buildup, foreshadowing, or hype. It felt really difficult to get an idea of what the stakes are going to be for our boys in black going to nationals, and it just didn't make me look forward to S4.
Dec 9, 2016 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
Fijiwuiji said:
The victory part got me all emotional. This has been an end to an incredible journey that was started in Season 2. Now it's off to even bigger and better things.

The only part that I didn't like was how the episode (and for that matter, the season) just... ended. There was any kind of buildup, foreshadowing, or hype. It felt really difficult to get an idea of what the stakes are going to be for our boys in black going to nationals, and it just didn't make me look forward to S4.

That's because the next arc is the Tokyo qualifiers so we had quite a few chapters away from Karasuno which was pretty refreshing.
Dec 9, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2016
This was an incredible season that delivered on all the build up and character growth from the last two seasons. My favorite thing about this series has always been the characters and watching them improve and this season showed that all off. They've worked hard, and deserved to win.

Tsukki is for sure the MVP of this match, they wouldn't have won without him. This is the first match he got serious in, and I'm looking forward to seeing what a beast he becomes with more experience.

Despite Tsukki sort of stealing the show a bit I feel like every player got their time to shine. They all had some outstanding plays which is the best part of the season for me.

The characters reactions were so heart warming, Kiyoko crying Tsukki's brother bragging about him haha. Yachi's poster really sums it all up(she always makes the best posters).

Don't know what this training camp is Kageyama has been invited to, so I don't know what to think of it. I'm hoping they'll make a season 4.
Dec 9, 2016 12:14 PM

May 2015
hirahira said:
Fijiwuiji said:

That's because the next arc is the Tokyo qualifiers so we had quite a few chapters away from Karasuno which was pretty refreshing.

I see, gotcha. Must of missed that.
Dec 9, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
OMMGGGG THEY MADE IT!!!! <333

Let's hope for a season 4!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
Tsukki is definitely the MVP of this phenomenal match. Everyone celebrating got pretty emotional.

Dat Yachi reaction had me laughing.
Dec 9, 2016 12:18 PM
Mar 2015
This episode was way too good

KARASUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this moment... it was way tooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooood................... and the ending, for me it's obvious confirmation whats gonna happen in next season - Nekoma/Fukurodani + Kageyama + prepare time for Nationals.

I wonder when Season 4 will be and how long.

GG, 3128976312783671823/10 for this season.

<3
Dec 9, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2015
Man, I'm really gonna miss this. It's better that they kept it at 10 episodes to keep you on the edge of your seat every episode, but I'm still gonna miss it. Probably won't get another season for another year or so, but next January YowaPeda season 3 starts so I guess I'll still have sports anime in my future for a bit longer.
Dec 9, 2016 12:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Decent ending to a decent anime. Predictable throughout and had a couple awkward hickups in terms of writing, but ultimately it was always fun to watch and it always had a certain "hype effect" about it (though it felt a bit too scripted for my taste)

7/10 in the end probably
Dec 9, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
Was great. Loved the metaphors like the crows versus eagles, and the powerful force of gravity that is Ushijima. But I couldn't feel for Shiratorizawa like I did for Aoba Johsai in season 2. Wish this season lasted longer.

Now Kageyama joining the all Japan youth team and the Tokyo qualifiers? That's 10 more episodes I'd like to see.
Dec 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2012
I'm with Oikawa, why the hell doesn't that monster look more upset?? I wanna see him devastated,damn it! Look at him,acting all high and mighty even after losing, just eat up that concrete. Bleh,that's what you deserve when you're so full of yourself- losing. It's so satisfying to see the team always on top finally going down. That's probably the first and single team that lost against Karasuno and I didn't feel bad about it
Tsukki is indeed the MVP, I'm so motherly proud of him I'm in tears.
Ahhh what a match, it's a hundred times better animated- so many emotions, I had chicken skin the whole time especially that last moment. When the 3rd years cried I felt my heart melting,gosh..
What a bless from heaven, what a masterpiece, 10/10 again
Dec 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
just spent the last 20 minutes trying to calm down, wow I'm so hyped right now

need a season 4 ASaP
Dec 9, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2015
hirahira said:

Thanks, I'm gonna start the manga now!
Dec 9, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2015
I'm not going to lie, this season was good. It just felt a little bit less than the previous two. It didn't help that the pacing was absolutely terrible in the middle episodes. They completely cut out most of the third set and didn't really acknowledge it at all, and there were other instances where important points seemed to be left out at the end of some of the sets. In past seasons, the ending was able to melt my heart enough to bump my original score; however, while this episode was superb, it was not enough to get me to give this season a 9. 8/10
Dec 9, 2016 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
Gonna miss my dose of weekly hype.

Great season nonetheless. Delievered everything I expected it to. You really can't go wrong with Production I.G.
Dec 9, 2016 12:29 PM

Sep 2015
Gawd first half their finally did it! Tsuki got the MVP he deserved!

Lol the restruant Ryu's sister is working at with those volleyball menu item names.

Tobio looks like he's gonna be away from the rest of the team to receive intense training.
Dec 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
Amazing finale, THEY DID IT!! THE BOYS AT KARASUNO DID IT!! XD
I can't stop grinning, I'm almost as happy as the players. XD

Holy shit, That Kageyama cross block was insane man, That Daichi save, That Ushijima spike block and the final Hinata spike. Everything was just epic.
That imagery for the final play with the entire Karasuno team pushing away Ushijima was pure awesome.
Props to all the Karasuno players, coaches,managers and the audience too. Even the Shiratorizawa players deserve applause. Everyone was fantastic in this final. Tsukki definitely deserves that MVP.

Such an emotional victory, The 3rd years and even the audience started crying. Even I started cheering out loud, I don't have enough praise for Karasuno. :D
Oikawa, Hahaha. xD

Nice little moment between Ushiwaka, Kageyama and Hinata after the game.
Very nice SoL moments to wrap up the end. That Kageyama fist-pump for jumping higher than Hinata. xD
Huge chance for Kageyama, Wow. :O
Looks like Nekoma and Fukurodani made it to the nationals as expected.

Overall, Easily AoTS for me. The final match was amazing, Loved each and every episode. Classic Haikyuu greatness overflowing with Zeal, Energy, Passion, Teamwork and Motivation. Match presentation, soundtrack and animation were fantastic. This is how you do a Sports anime.
Fly High! at the nationals Karasuno, I'll be waiting for S4 even if it'll take a while. :D
10/10 as always.
Lelouch0202Dec 9, 2016 12:34 PM
Dec 9, 2016 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
4th season when? :)

I cried... so much when they win!
I just love everything in this series!
I want more! *.*
Is hard to believe there is no Haikyuu next week... ;(

Ps. That Neko team picture *.*
Dec 9, 2016 12:34 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode of a great series! Can't wait for a fourth season!

Still, I wanted to see Ushiwaka devastated, he's just too casual about the loss. Moreover, great for Kageyama that he has been invited for the Japanese youh volleyball team. Does this mean he will train somewhere else for a bit? I hope Hinata will join him later on in the series.
Dec 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2016
Was Oikawa selected to the Japan national team?

Jun 2014
Tsukishima MVP. I still think Episode 4 was the best episode of the entire series so far.

That ending scene tho. WHAT! you cant just end a season like that. im going to go into withdrawal craving mode until S4 is confirmed.
Feb 2016
OMG what a breathtaking season ! No time to rest !
The wait gonna be very long until next season, too long ...

I think I'm gonna buy the manga :)
Dec 9, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
Finally, the crows start to fly like it used to be. Not even a big eagle could stop such determination! :D

What else can I say? This was superb, this season was the result of the intense training they went through in season 2. I'll try to be patient and wait for a next season xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Dec 9, 2016 12:40 PM
Feb 2016
Ka-buuto said:

*Kageyama

I think he was selected for the training camp of the youth national team yea
EkizFRDec 9, 2016 12:46 PM
Dec 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2014
Great conclusion for a truly amazing match!Everyone's reaction when they won!Even they couldn't believe what happened at the end of the match.Now Karsuno is gonna participate in the nationals.Amazing season and truly hope for a 4th one,but I think we'll have to wait for a while for that.

9/10 for this season.
Dec 9, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2016
EkizFR said:
Ka-buuto said:

I meant to say Kagayama, it seemed like he was selected to some important youth training camp at the ending announcement.

I wonder if we will ever know who the Little Giant is? There has been 3 seasons so far and we have not come closer to figuring who this mysterious dude is.

Dec 9, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 2016
Okay so.... I knew this would happen cause I read the manga but it doesn't make less emotional!! I've been waiting to see so many reactions animated fduibgsurog

FIRST OF ALL, I loved the symbolism through out the game, the crows against just one eagle it's amazing, karasuno clearly plays better as a team and shiratorizawa plays more as individual even though pretty much every player is good. And I loved when Tsukki and Hinata were being "crushed" by Ushijima and the Daichi, Asahi and Tanaka went to rescue like 'leave them alone, we will kick you'...., I mean... Teamwork is the best, l«

and definitely the highlight of this episode was the third years.....I've been waiting for this for so long, so looooooong. LOOK AT THESE CUTE CROWS CRYING, LOOK AT THEM

This episode was so amazing, too bad they didn't put a scene that happened in the manga with shiratorizawa, I think it would look really good but oh well, maybe next season.
Fukurodani vs Nekoma, can't wait!!! This match will be epic!

Also Kageyama so amazing... This is going to be so good for him and the team!!
IM SO SAD THE SEASON IS OVER, WHYYYYY!!

I think it will be a while till season 4 comes out because the anime is pretty much catching up with the anime but fingers crossed we will have it next year

honestly 10/10 for me, but I'm a huge haikyuu fan hehehe

p.s: WE EVEN GOT KIYOKO CRYING !!!
weebnaDec 9, 2016 1:16 PM
Dec 9, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
Ka-buuto said:

I meant to say Kagayama, it seemed like he was selected to some important youth training camp at the ending announcement.

I wonder if we will ever know who the Little Giant is? There has been 3 seasons so far and we have not come closer to figuring who this mysterious dude is.

weebnaDec 9, 2016 1:15 PM
Dec 9, 2016 12:49 PM
Feb 2016
Ka-buuto said:
EkizFR said:

Yeah I think we will learn it at some point
Dec 9, 2016 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
*Patiently waiting for S4*
Dec 9, 2016 12:56 PM

May 2016
hirahira said:
I have so many mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm flailing over the scenes I love that were animated but so mad that they cut out one of my favorite scenes in this whole arc.

The anime staff must hate Shiratorizawa because they keep cutting out their scenes. They made Ushijima look like a monster and cut out the whole scene that showed just how important his team is to him. That scene made me cry and I was so looking forward to seeing it animated.

Honestly, after reading the manga I did not get very much emotionally invested in Shiratorizawa, but the anime creators seem to really ill-treat the team. The boys did not get enough screentime (background stories, interactions). In the manga I sincerely admired Tendou's abilities despite his creepiness, but in the anime he appeared even repelling at times.

By the way, what's your fav. scene that you mentioned? :)
Dec 9, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2013
This was epic!
It almost made me cry when they won the game, I also felt bad about the guys from Shiratorizawa, this is one of those sports anime that makes you feel bad about every team that loses.
Kageyama will go to the national team!
Dec 9, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
That finale was so goooood. 10/10 from me!! Season 4 whennnn. ;~~~;
Dec 9, 2016 1:09 PM
Aug 2011
Suberp ending.

windmillness said:
but the anime creators seem to really ill-treat the team. In the manga I sincerely admired Tendou's abilities despite his creepiness, but in the anime he appeared even repelling at times.

I've not read the manga and you've just described exactly what I felt.
Dec 9, 2016 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
I swear I cried along with the third years...
Dec 9, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2012
Dont think anyone in the world is surprised that they won the match. Still they managed to make it so emotional.
Dec 9, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
I don't even know what to say anymore. I've already said this is amazing a thousand times but this has surpassed amazement and entered a new plain of existence. The hardest decision I've had is deciding where to put this on my favorites list. I'm just still in such awe and am going to be drooling over this anime every time someone brings up the topic of favorite anime. Thank you Haikyuu!! Thank you so much!

10/10
Dec 9, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2013
11/10

I swear, i don't even know what to say or what to think. I am just mindblown and shook and crying and i don't know.. this was just awesome. This was epic. This was emotional. All this road from start of Season 1 to this day. I couldn't hold my tears back this episode for sure. The moment the third years started crying and even Kiyoko started crying i was just done. And when the ending song played and we saw other teams again i was just so flustered.. i don't know what to say.. it was such a nice and fucking good road to this. I can't believe it's over. I really don't want it to be over or to wait for 2 years... but we have to. We all know it. The manga is not so far ahead, that they could make a fourth season any time soon... i'm so sad right now. In many ways. Sad in a good way and sad in a bad way. Sad in a good way, because MA BOIS DID IT .. and this was just really got damn awesome and i loved it. And sad in a bad way because its over now... what will i do with my life from now on. I LIVED this haikyuu anime. I lived the characters. I laughed and cried and suffered with them ... WHAT DO I DO.

THANK YOU HAIKYUU!
Read my most recent reviews!

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”

— Ging Freecss
Dec 9, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
This was sooo damn perfect!! The first 7 min or so with the rally for that last point. OMG!! I died!!

TSUKKKKIIIIIII MVP!!! Hinata's last spike was epically animated! Daichi's save was insane! Just fangasming all over

The reactions at the end of the match were sooo good!! Yachi fainting was lol. The Third years crying was T^T

Then NEKOMA VS FUKURODANIIIII!!

10/10 easily. And damn 6th on MAL xD
Dec 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2011
Fantastic episode. I felt as emotional as the characters in the show when they won which shows how relative and likable the characters are and that makes a fantastic show and season. The wait for next season is gonna kill me :(
Dec 9, 2016 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
wut, i dont know that ppl didnt like tendou. Imo he's one of the characters who steal the show in this season
Dec 9, 2016 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
They won!:D
I knew they would, but it's still nice to see it!

Can't wait for more Nekoma and Fukurodani!!
Dec 9, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
gonoki88 said:
wut, i dont know that ppl didnt like tendou. Imo he's one of the characters who steal the show in this season

Agreed! Tendou is best boy and I'm super sad that he can't play volleyball anymore.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

127 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

202 by Koalovisk »»
Feb 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit_ »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

116 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

135 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.