Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 18, 2016 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was an interesting episode.

The background story focused on ace player Ushijima is what I found appealing. The guy is tough and he shows it when playing. The match itself still has a steady momentum and it's nice to see why Ushijima is known for. Definitely worth as a position for captain.

I'm still impressed by what Tsukki has been doing even at this stage of the match. The amount of teamwork between him and Karasuno is quite something. Lol, Satori's face is fun to watch as usual
Nov 18, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
Setter is changed to Miyu-Miyu's character for the new short round. lol @ how they "break" his nervousness. It's nice Miyu-Miyu's character can do offense other than supporting others.

The lefty captain was taught to play valleyball by his father who treasures his lefty. It seems like the creepy guy is the only one who can open him up. Losing reliable player and that creepy guy's really creepy at the end (he's excited to see his opponents being scared?).

26:00 next.
tsubasaloverNov 18, 2016 10:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Too good!! Tsukki T^T Dat frustration!

The way they expanded on Tendou and Wakatoshi just makes u feel for them. But damn that ending was one hella bummer after all the hype for Karasuno

Dat smug!!
Nov 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
TSUKKI NO

I really like the Tendou and Ushijima background stories.

I hate having to wait another weeeeeeeeek
Nov 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
That episode was just plain disappointing. The last couple episodes were filled with heart pounding, sitting on the edge of my seat excitement. This episode was boring backstory and pain. Literal pain, on poor Tsukki's part. I may actually die if they don't wrap up the game next week.
"Once my stomach settles down...You better be prepared, 'cause we'll really give you something to cry about in the mat..."
Nov 18, 2016 12:11 PM
Mar 2015
so intense holy shit

AND I TOTALLY FORGOT ITS ONLY 15 POINTS, JEZZZZZ
Nov 18, 2016 12:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ushijima's backstory is really good, Tendou's is alright. His face at the end, damn!

Tsukki, FUUCK!
Nov 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
I don't like Tendou's development, it feels off imo.
Otherwise that was a good ep, I expected it to be more intense as it's the final set but it's only the beginning so I'll wait. The new attack is amazing though! Too bad it didn't work the 2nd time. I feel so bad for Tsukki man :( he's starting to like volley & this happens smh...
Nov 18, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2016
Interesting, with Tendou and Ushijima's backstories. But man, with Tsukki out of the game that's a GIANT impact in the team's progress... Notice how unfair is the result difference now :(
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 18, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode as always, I'm enjoying every second of it.

Game is as tense,exciting and zealous as ever. :D
Hinata and Kageyama on the bench for the entire episode.

Interesting backstory for both Tendou and Ushijima, I like both of them. It was interesting to see that Ushiwaka didn't wanna play volleyball to be like his dad but simply because he wanted to be a reliable person.
Tsukki was awesome this episode, I love how he was blocking and being an annoying pest to the opponent time XD. So sad that he got injured. That face though. :((
I love how his brother and Kyoko tried to cheer him up, Even though he tried to act all Tsun and stoic there was no hiding the disappointment on his face when he got injured. Our Tsukki has grown so much.

I was so full on hype for that last play, I especially loved how they showed the Karasuno banner with "Fly" and the monologue about attacking and trying new things. I was expecting an awesome spike but......
Goddamn Tendou, I would have never expected that out full man synchro would be blocked just like that. That face he made at the end though :O
Nov 18, 2016 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
Really one of my favorite episodes of Haikyuu ever (although the "flashback inside of a flashback" direction the Tendou and Ushijima backstory took was somewhat weird). The first half was filled with Suga's awesomeness, while the second was painfully hard to watch, but in a good way. Is there a way out of this hellish last set?!

yeah like I'm letting you marry the best boy that easily, skank

:')
Nov 18, 2016 12:28 PM
Aug 2011
First you give Tsukki thrills and then you take them away.
Haikyuu!! is a cruel mistress. :c
Nov 18, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
Nice episode.Really liked the flashbacks.Ushikawa suffered from the prejudice about using his left hand and Tendou was marginalised from the rest because he was acting creepy.Felt bad for Tsukki.He didn't deserve to leave the match like that.Now Karasuno cannot counter Shiratorizawa's attacks.
Nov 18, 2016 12:40 PM

Mar 2016
Well that was a pretty intense episode! I'm not very interested in Shiritorizawa's backstories but I suppose it's a nice touch to see where they're coming from. Tendo still creeps me out though.

Starting the set off with Suga and he spikes the ball! I never thought I'd get to see that, it was incredible. I love that this season is showing off the majority of the Karasuno members: their strengths, and their new moves. It's definitely an exciting season.

I hope Tsukki gets back soon...him getting hurt and being upset over it were both shocks. Tsukki has come such a long way and worked really hard despite his frontal attitiude and thus has really grown on me as a character. I was sort of hoping Ennoshita would get to play since I loved his previous episodes but they're giving this other 2nd year a chance I suppose (I forgot his name) I've always wanted to know more about the other two 2nd years in the bench group.

I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left, and the tension is real after this episode. Fantastic season for Haikyuu!
Nov 18, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
That hand hold scene at the beginning was hilarious!

The flashbacks were cool. I still don't really care too much about Ushiwaka as a character but I do like him more than I did before.

That last point was agonising to watch. I thought for sure they were going to at least get that point.

I felt really bad for Tsukki when he got taken off the court. That face was depressing.
Nov 18, 2016 1:11 PM
Aug 2015
It was so intense!! Even if I've read the chapters about this match I'm completely excited at each episodes!!!
Nov 18, 2016 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
Shit, Tsukishima leaving the game will really impact the momentum Karasuno had going for them. The ending was disappointing too, I was hoping that would be the start of a Karasuno comeback but instead Tendou got the block. Holy shit his expression was creepy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 18, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2016
Anyone else just LOVE the flashbacks? Plus Tsukki getting hurt? DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!

Nov 18, 2016 1:18 PM

May 2010
That Kiyoko x Sugawara tho! Best scene of this episode.

Tsukki was being so reliable and then he hurt his finger. Dammit. Hope he makes it back.
Nov 18, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
Ushijima is relentlessly destroying everything. HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.
And daaaaaamn Tsukki!! :( He's lucky his pinky wasn't chopped off though :(

Now whether Tsukki makes it on time or not, I can only see one way to bounce back, which is the first-year weird duo going as weird, screwed up, and whimsical as they can, since Shiratorizawa's offence isn't holding anything back.

So now with Tsukki gone, they have to face offence with stronger offense.

Please Hinata and Kageyama go fuck them up!
Nov 18, 2016 1:29 PM
Sep 2016
I love it (*-*)
I feel like that this season gives a lot of attention to Tsukki: I love it (*-*) he is so amazing!
I loved the combination with Nishinoya (n_n) he is always so cute (*-*)
Nov 18, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
TSUKI bloody made me sad but I know he will be back and better than ever.
Nov 18, 2016 1:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Uphill for The Crows in this 5th set!!!!!
Nov 18, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
Damn u Suga!! I'm so jealous of u lucky bastard!! XD

Also.. Flashbacks.. a sure fire way to get a point in.. when Tendou's flashbacks started showing up, although I know it's coming but I still hate to know that he's gonna score sooner or later..

Tsukki, just when it's getting so awesome good.. damn.. why does he need to be injured at this point?? why not make ushijima break his arm during one of his ridiculous spikes for a change eh?? I know it's for drama but damn, make the other team have a major crisis too you know..
Nov 18, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2016
I've been waiting for this episode for so long, I wanted to see the animation of Tsukki's reaction to his hand getting hurt but honestly I think in the manga it was better, even though this one was really good.

Its was funny to see the 3rd and 2nd years coming to Suga like his hands were gold, even though I knew they all treasured Shimizu I didn't expect them to be so wow and come to Suga to "erase" that fact that she touched his hands haha I loved it, especially Noya and Tanaka slowly approaching like 'I want it'

I was already expecting to have more flashback to the players lives because 4 episodes is a long time to have a set with only 15 points, even though there is a lot to happen still.

I teared up when Tsukki got hurt, not gonna lie. I knew it would happen because I read the manga but seeing him hurt and his reaction was too much. This is one more proof that he cares about the games and the team, or else he wouldn't be so upset or say Hinata to buy him some time, he clearly wants to get back in the game.

This show keeps getting better and better in my opinion, too bad it's almost over. I'm praying for a season 4 next year hehe
Nov 18, 2016 2:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The flashbacks for Tendou and Ushijima were nice. Poor Tsukki though! He was getting into the match and he's the did the most blocks for Karasuno. And that face he made makes it feel even sadder. Anyways, Tendou's smug face was great.

3 chapters adapted and 10 chapters left to adapt, but since they will probably adapt the aftermath of the match, they have more chapters to adapt in the last three episodes. Hopefully it's not too rushed (that being said, there's not much dialogue in the final chapters of the match).

5/5
Nov 18, 2016 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
lmao that scene with Suga and Shimizu, how long I waited to see it in color

My son is hurt. Damn you Ushiwaka and your damn left hand. You got enough childhood flashbacks, now go there and lose,hopefuly. Our crows deserve the winning

so blessed. so beautiful.
Nov 18, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2016
SO FUCKN INTENSE WRYYYYYYYYYYY oh wrong place,you know Suga is getting that pussy tonight b0ss.USHIJIMA STOP BEING SO GOOD,TENDOU YOUR FUCKN WEIRD BUT I LIKE YOU.
Nov 18, 2016 3:03 PM

Sep 2016
tanaka sister still best girl
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 18, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
"fifth set goes really quick"

*lasts 4 episodes*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2016 3:26 PM
Nov 2015
TSUKKI ;-; i wasn't ready for this
Nov 18, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2016
The intensity is building.
I knew about Tsukki's finger for a while but DAMN IT HITS YOU HARD WHEN IT'S ANIMATED. His character development has been fleshed out so well in that he is so completely relatable and real that, when events like this occur, you can't help but want to cry for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Tendou and Ushijima are dominting the last quarter.
Tsukishima got injured, things are going from bad to worse.
Nov 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2016
OH NO TENDOU MY BBY ;;
And Tsukki to like why would you do this to my poor heart </3
Nov 18, 2016 4:38 PM

Dec 2015
ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! another good episode from haikyuu!
with hinata and kags benched, Mr Refreshing takes the lead! SUGA!!!

FIRSTLY THIS

You can't just forget the moment when Kiyoko proposes to suga, you can't! HAHA! and the reactions of other jealous baby crows that comes after.

Going back to the game, finally the dependable setter's on play!

Staying true to his title as Mr refreshing, it was definitely revitalizing to see suga on start up. HAHA! but is it a thing on third years to yell Nishinoya's name?

Speaking of Noya, we get to see another good set up from Karasuno! the Libero Synchronize attack! BAM!

with suga spiking ofcourse! Damnit! LOL! can I just mention how majestic noya look on that back toss. HAHA! Karasuno's on fire!

After that you think everythings gonna be alright?! No! Shiratorizawa's savage mode is not done yet!
Stop this! I was suppose to root for Karasuno! HAHA!

It's good to see a glimpse of baby ushiwaka and tendou. HAHA! they never changed at all.

and they're not getting any of it! Look at their creepy faces

Does this faces look alright to you!? I'm telling you tendou's creep level maximize from 100 to 1000 in this episode!

BUT! don't forget we still have tsukki!!! AND

That time where all hearts are shattered in to pieces

RIP Tsukki's hand you will be missed! I'm kidding! don't know how many times I said this but I'm so proud of tsukki! him getting serious about the game is a grand development!

So Tsukki's out and Narita's in, Ushiwaka and Tendou is fired up, the heat is on!
and 3 More episodes left huh?!! sigh... don't know what to do with my life after that...
QueenSapphireNov 18, 2016 5:40 PM
Nov 18, 2016 5:20 PM

Sep 2015
Omg Tsuki... you were like carrying for the team in terms of frontline defense. You sure changed now that you actually have feelings for volleyball. I kinda feel sorry for Tendo with that past.
Nov 18, 2016 5:33 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Final Set LETS GO!!.

Aww sweet of Shimizu to hold Suga's hand to calm him down. LOL everyone wants to hold his hand.

Wakatoshi not backing down & determined to win. Nice flashback.
Noya setting & Suga spiking. Sweet!!!

Haha Tendo- "I want to break your heart in two"

Oh no!! Tsukki. Bad time to get a bleeding finger. Hope he can make it back in time. The look on his face.

Getting closer to the end of this match.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 18, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2015
Tendou made some great faces this episode.
Nov 18, 2016 5:53 PM

Jun 2008
I wanted Tsukki to bleed more :(
Nov 18, 2016 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
Tsukki....you have done enough. Trust your nakama.
Nov 18, 2016 8:24 PM
Feb 2016
This show kept on making me almost tear up. It's such a miss that Tsukki needs to be out because of his hand injury when the team needs him the most hope he'll be able to play with them at the last minute. The red-hair guy though!! And Ushiwaka's past is a great story it'll be nice if his father can show his support to him later on. 3 more episodes left!!
Nov 18, 2016 8:25 PM

Oct 2011
I felt like my heart was going to stop when I saw Tsukishima's expressions. It was more painful than see his injured hand. ):
Nov 18, 2016 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
Literally one of my favourite parts of the manga. The flshbacks were bautiful and helped to show that the opponent team is not there just by chance.

I'm looking foward to net's week episode :)
Nov 18, 2016 9:04 PM
Jan 2016
HOLY SHIT WHAT A GOOD EPISODE
tsukki is becoming one of my favourite characters, i never tought i'd see him like that. I have a love-hate relationship with Tendo and i like ushijima as well, we all know what's gonna happen but I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK AAAAAH
Nov 18, 2016 9:20 PM

Jun 2016
Brilliant episode, as always. Haikyuu!! knows how to perfectly pack the right amounts of tension, character-building and comedy into each episode.

After last episode's earth-bending. Daichi is now unleashing his Nen:

Now all that's left is for Tendou to unleash his Bungee Gum.
Nov 18, 2016 9:32 PM
Jan 2011
I just want to bash something because this match still isn't over yet.

Once again Haikyuu includes a totally random back story of a guy we most likely won't see again in the future because he is graduating. I adore the relevancy of these 'character' developments.

Rather than typical shounen's friendship power-up, Haikyuu introduced memory power-up. Greeeeat!
Nov 18, 2016 9:45 PM
Jan 2016
Another good ep, as always. Loved the back story of Ushijima and Tendo. Tendo's made me sad. It's a good thing I didn't notice his bangs at first or else I wouldn't have taken that flashback seriously, lol. Such a cutie.

Suga had his time to shine and I love how Karasuno were... well, Karasuno. Thanks to Shimizu, they calmed down. :P This episode made me love them all the more. The moment things were getting intense, Tsukki cracked me out with his "thanks" to Tendo and Kenjiro. HAHAHAHA. I hope he gets back in the court on the next ep. It hurts when my baby makes that kind of face. :<

Next ep please! :D
Nov 18, 2016 10:23 PM

Jul 2011
Tsukki, you literally rocking my world right now. Sorry Suga, I know it was suppose to be your episode, but Tsukki stole the spotlight.

Tendo comes off even more creepy now. Though his friendliness with Ushijima was pretty nice, and we got to learn more about Ushijima.
Nov 18, 2016 10:55 PM

Nov 2012
yay finally more sugaaaa <3

also poor tsukki ;_; who would've thought we'd ever see him this frustrated
Nov 18, 2016 11:33 PM

Oct 2012
Ahhhhhh Tsukki don't worry please, have faith in your teaaaaam
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

202 by Koalovisk »»
Feb 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit_ »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

135 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

126 by Cammell »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:20 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

142 by Cammell »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.