Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 25, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the crowd is so hyped for the match at this point. The singing, cheering, etc...great atmosphere for a match of this caliber imo.

The match still had strong momentum, feels like both sides are playing more mind games with each other. Just a bit of a shame that Tsukki isn't in there anymore. Good teamwork by Karasuno even though a few of the plays were close to not making it through. However, I'm still impressed at how much they are fighting back. The short bits of flashback storytelling mixed in also carries an interesting perspective for the match.

Nov 25, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Miyu-Miyu's character's refreshing face when provoking enemy is... He tried his best until the end of his turn, otsukare! The cheer from both sides are so loud. Wow, that block, it seems to have level of difficulty.

There was a struggle for the enemy's coach when he was young, too: being short. Nice last word from the coach, because different voice for the coach starting next ep. https://nijimen.net/topics/8782

Megane guy is back next.
tsubasaloverNov 25, 2016 5:26 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 25, 2016 12:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuck, i cried with Kazunari Tanaka's last line.

TSUKKI IS BACK! THE FUCKING BOSS!!!

HOLY FUCK, these Hinata blocks WERE BRUTAL! The animation and art exploded in these scenes.
Nov 25, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
I can't believe that's the last time we will hear his voice ;_;

That was an amazing block by a Hinata!

Tsukki has returned! Hype!
Nov 25, 2016 12:20 PM

Aug 2016
Okay so first of all can we talk about Ushijima clapping in the beginning of the episode? I never expected him to do that xd
And Hinata turning his face to not get the ball? He is so smart, I admire him. Honestly who would run like that after getting a ball in his cheek?!

The aura around Ushijima and Hinata reminds me of when in Kuroko no Basket they would get in the zone haha really nice

YEEES TIREDYAMA IS BACK AND A QUICK RIGHT AWAY I LOVE SEEING HIM ON COURT YESYESYES

Semi never disappoints tbh, why is he such a good player

Smudy said:

Same... That line especially.. I can't believe it ..

AND WAIT THE BEST WAS WATCHING TSUKKI RUNNING TO THE COURT OMGOMGOMGOMG LET ME CRY AND DIE TODAY I CANT BELIEVE HE WAS RUNNING LIKE 'LET ME PLAY NOW' OMGOMOGM THIS IS GETTING SO EXCITING

LOOK HOW HE IS GONNA PLAY ON THE NEXT EPISODE, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. PRECIOUS CROW THATS ALL IM SAYING

ONLY TWO MORE EPISODES WHYYYY
weebnaNov 25, 2016 12:48 PM
Nov 25, 2016 12:23 PM

Sep 2016
epic last words from coach seiyuu
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 25, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2012
TSUKKI IS BACKKKKKKK
can't wait to see him play again~
Nov 25, 2016 12:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Second match point for Sherizawa and ...ends when arrive Tsukki!!!! grrrrr

I WANT MOREEEEE!!!
Nov 25, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2010
It's 4am and I can't stop giggling when I saw Hinata block Ushijima!! haha in ur face!!

and guess what?? it's a bird, it's a plane.. no it's Tsukkiman!! HELL YEAH!! Hyped for next episode.. :)
Nov 25, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
I'm so fucking hyped!!!

They made the anime version more entertaining holy shit
Nov 25, 2016 12:38 PM
Mar 2015
Awesome episode, I see the hype up to the next two - holy shit.

Tanaka Kazunari, thank you for everything.
Nov 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
INSANE!

Great episode! The crowd, Hinata, Goshiki, Yamagushi... Hell, even Ushijima who was pretty bland till now shines a lot in this episode. And those last words from the coach.

It's been a long time since I've seen such a good anime episode.
Nov 25, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode, I cried at the end when the coach shouted. T.T

The game is as exciting and tense as always.
Hinata was super awesome this episode, From the instinctive face block to the straight down spike to the Ushijima block/receive. Pure epicness.

Loved how the crowd cheered both teams, It really brought how much this game means to both teams.

Props to Yamaguchi this episode, Techincally everyone on Karasuno deserves a pat on their back for the determination they've been showing.

I liked the little juxtaposition of the Shiratorizawa coach with Ushijima. Too bad he was never able to play with raw power.

Epic last words from the Seiyuu of Ukai, "Don't you dare look down! Volleyball is a sport where you're always looking up" So epic and emotional man. T.T
Tsukki is back. :D
Nov 25, 2016 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
The real MVP of this week's episode

Tanaka's voice acting as Coach Ukai was awesome (and not just this season).

"Volleyball is a sport where you're always looking up!"
It was cruel to know these were his last words... what a swan song. Bravo.
Nov 25, 2016 1:03 PM

Sep 2014
We are reaching towards the end of the match.With Kageyama returning in the match Karasuno managed to take the lead against Shiratorizawa but still the latter won't falter.Tsukki is also back ready to take on Ushijima again.Two episodes remaining.
Nov 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2012
Pissed Ushiwaka is best Ushiwaka. No,more like the only Ushiwaka I tolerate. Shiratorizawa being annoyed gives me life, feed me with your salt. How is bowl head "the other ace"? God please..

The MVP arrived right in time, ohhh I'm gonna get goosebumps for my son

And not gonna like, I felt my eyes tearing up there for Ukai's voice actor, he did a fantastic job. It's gonna be hard to get used to someone other than him
Nov 25, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2016
Tsukki is baaackkk madafakas (?
Nov 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Dec 2014
Only two more to go... maybe I should just skip next week's episode so I can watch the last two together. My heart can't take much more. Loved Hinata's plate this ep, and Ukai's impassioned voice really resonated.
I need sleep.
Nov 25, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
A wonderful episode again. I just love all the angry Shiratorizawa faces, especially Ushiwaka's and Tendo's. And yesssss Tsukki's gonna save the day.

I hope the match ends next episode, this deuce is killing me.
Nov 25, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2016
OMG! How dare they leave it at a cliff hanger!

Nov 25, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2014
I was also fired up by Karasuno's supporters. Shiratoriza beat them though.

Tsukki is back.
Ukai, your words are precious for the time now
Nov 25, 2016 1:33 PM
Jan 2013
greatness, just epic pure greatness..
those cheering, those struggle with sad backsong, those lines & motivations!!!!

there was so many epic moments from both sides, especially from hinata and kageyama. but that was easily overshadowed by the greatness of the athmosphere. oh dam the feels.

when everything you've been working hard for is on the line.. those words from coach ukai is salvations!

this show is pure pure greatness
Nov 25, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
Hinata with the faceball. Karasuno is like an injury magnet.
Nov 25, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
Just when I think Haikyuu can't get any better, it manages to one-up itself again. What a phenomenal episode. Just when the Karasuno guys, and even us viewers, think that all hope is lost, Coach Ukai lifts their spirits with some powerful words. I didn't even know this was Kazunari Tanaka's final episode until reading the posts above, but that epic moment from Ukai was probably the best possible final farewell. It's a shame he couldn't finish the season, but this is the next best thing I guess. Best of luck to the replacement VA for the last 2 episodes, as well as for any future seasons of Haikyuu.

Also, the MVP has returned! Just in the nick of time too, Karasuno could really use him on the floor right now. Tsukishima has really been the surprise standout of this season, so I can't wait to see him back in action.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 25, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
Tsukki is back, the entire episode was intense but that's one of my fave moments for sure.

I love seeing Shiratorizawa pissed off, they would've never thought Karasuno would be hard to beat. Still not a fan of Tendou's attitude though.
This is such a beautiful match but I don't wanna write about it for hours so 6/5.
Nov 25, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
Last episode with Kazunari Tanaka voicing Ukai
RIP ):
Nov 25, 2016 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was super intense!
Hinata with that block/hit or whatever that was made Ushiwaka angry.
Tsukki is back!!!!
Nov 25, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, everything was freakin' good in this episode!

Smudy said:

Incredible how those lines were the last ones in life... Admirable :'(
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 25, 2016 2:59 PM
Sep 2015
And the moon rises.

Sadly the worst part of every episode is the knowledge that when it's finished,it's a week until the next one. :(
Nov 25, 2016 3:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
5 chapters adapted this time and next episode will probably adapt 5 chapters again and will be the conclusion of this match. Last episode should be the aftermath.

Personal second favorite episode, just right behind the Tsukki episode. Most of the match was really intense and the fast pacing really helped. Animations were top-notch as usual. Hinata's face block was awesome. I loved the part when Karasuno and Shiratorizawa students were competing in cheering, especially when Shiratorizawa started singing. Also MVP Tsukki is back and him running back on court was badass. But the best part of this series was Ukai saying those motivational words. And the fact that those are the last lines the seiyuu voice acted before he passed away makes it even sadder :(

5/5
Nov 25, 2016 3:37 PM

Sep 2015
Feel bad for that coach's past about being short and not seeking a chance like with Hinata.

Tsuki's back yay!
Nov 25, 2016 4:17 PM

Dec 2015
Incredible! this is too much! don't know where to start really, there's just too many epic moments.

Two teams all fired up and not backing down! but I'm here to root for Karasuno and they are going to fight with all they've got!
from the libero synchro with suga, to kageyama's killer serve and also YAMAGUCHI taking points after points with his serve!!!
also credits to Narita! how come no ones mentioning him! I think he did good, getting a spike and getting a one touch from ushiwaka's

But I gotta give it to Hinata, He did some legendary moves there.

Not even a ball raping his face can stop him! and was that a block or what? NO! thats just a ridiculous receive.

The feels... when they are cheering and singing shiratorizawa's anthem. Ugh

LOL! the vice principal using that wig as a pom pom! WTF??! and saeko being awesome!

But nothing could top this...

Coach ukai's words hit me so hard I think I'm seeing stars.

My heart can only take so much! then this also happened... you torturing me?!

The hero has returned!

So next episode will be the end for this match...
oh lord I need to buckle up and prepare for more epicness to come.
QueenSapphireNov 25, 2016 10:08 PM
Nov 25, 2016 4:33 PM
Jan 2016
THIS EPISODE... OMFG WHERE DO I EVEN START?! There's just too much hype and feels in this one. Not to mention, the last line we heard from Ukai-sensei's late seiyuu almost made me cry. I usually go for long comments but I think this ep doesn't need those. Everyone nows how great this episode was. 5/5
Nov 25, 2016 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
So intense.

I'm guessing next episode will finally end the match with the episode after the aftermath.
Nov 25, 2016 5:09 PM

Aug 2015
Smudy said:

TSUKKI IS BACK! THE FUCKING BOSS!!!

HOLY FUCK, these Hinata blocks WERE BRUTAL! The animation and art exploded in these scenes.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH TUSKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII <3 <3 <3

Ukai's line was just too amazing!!
Ara Ara~
Nov 25, 2016 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. The intensity of this match is getting me emotional.

LOL Hinata protecting his head. Great block with one hand.
Love both sides cheering for their teams.

Another deuce battle. Argh getting so anxious.
Great words from Coach Ukai. Sad that these are Tanaka, Kazunari's final words. Rest in Peace. You've done a wonderful job.

The match is not over.
Tuskishima is back.

Come on KARASUNO!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Santoryu_XBurnerNov 25, 2016 6:04 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 25, 2016 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was so beautifully done. I loved the tension between the two schools' cheering crowds. Yamaguchi's 3 point assault was so exciting! Kageyama's dazzling comeback just shows how resilient he is too. And how it turned into a battle of emotions and values at the end...Shiratorizawa's setter thinking "shut up, we're stronger!" really highlights how antagonistic this team is. And Tsukki's return!! I'm convinced the writers know he's MVP since he's given so much importance this season.

Most importantly...that line Ukai gave was so powerful. RIP Kazunari Tanaka - you'll be missed and that line alone even cements your legacy :(
Nov 25, 2016 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
Beginning of episode-- Ushiwaka's 6-serve streak being broken by himself serving into the net was so ungratifying. a pity point for Karasuno.

This season should be titled "Rise of Tsukishima." Tsukki has always been the one character I hated, but this season he's the best character.

Looking forward to next episode. Knowing the general format of Haikyuu, the next episode will the most critical part and itll end right before the final match point. Leaving episode 10 to finish the final play of the game and then wrap things up.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lNov 25, 2016 9:18 PM
Nov 25, 2016 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
"The Light of Hope is finally back!"

Nov 25, 2016 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
Absolutely fantastic episode, and the final few moments were absolutely incredible given the situation. Lots of action and very little smack talk and relatively less back story. I'm very hyped about the next two episodes.
Nov 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2014
Everything about this episode oozed hype! The last time I was this hyped during an episode of anime I was watching the final rally against Aoba Johsai. I was scared that the game might end this episode and I wasn't mentally prepared for that. It actually feels like either team can win which rarely happens in sports anime. It was as if Coach Ukai was speaking to me because even I was losing hope about the match, but then Yachi comes running in out of breath and drenched in sweat and I said to myself "oh my god" because I knew what that meant. At that moment all the hype in the universe possessed me. Our lord and savior Tsukishima has returned.
Nov 25, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2014
Kazunari Tanaka's last words for Yukai... Goodbye, Coach. Thank you for everything. Gah, I'm so sad.

Glad Tsukki is back next episode. I wanted Hinata and him to be part of getting the last points.
Nov 25, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
This was an amazing episode, lots of great plays as always. I feel like they're not showing every single point or player change but it isn't so bad as I don't lose track of what's going on. Glad to see Hinata broadening his play style and really giving Ushijima and his team a run for his money with that receive/block. Really happy to see best smart ass Tsukki coming back in, he definitely grew the most as a character this season and is becoming one of my favorites.

The tension and excitement have gone up, I can't wait to binge watch the season over again at some point.

The highlight of this episode for me is without a doubt Coach Ukai's words to his team "Volleyball is a sport where you're always looking up!". May his voice actor rest in peace.
Nov 25, 2016 8:40 PM

Apr 2011
Holy shit, this episode was intense. I cannot wait till next week. The wait is gonna kill me :P
Nov 25, 2016 9:45 PM

Mar 2008
Hinata haxx2, dat Ushikawa, Kageyama rush, roaring stands, on the edge, Coachie ;_;, and Tsukki hero comeback.

What an episode.

GIT HYPED Perfect / 10
Nov 25, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2015
Tsukishima is back.
Nov 25, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
TSUKI IS BACK ! LEGGOOOO
Nov 25, 2016 10:41 PM
Apr 2016
Haikyu Character Data Sheet1-Karasuno
Karasuno High School
Position,Height,Birthday

Karasuno Data here

Haikyu Character Data Sheet2-Shiratorizawa
Shiratorizawa High School
Position,Height,Birthday

Shiratorizawa Data here
Nov 25, 2016 11:27 PM
Feb 2016
Ahhhh!! This show keeps making me so emotional and all over the place every weeeek!! I'm glad that they only plan 10 episodes and that we're only left with 2 seeing how in this episode they're already reaching the match point and whoever wins the 2 point first will get to win. Since we're only left with 2 episodes does that mean it will be a continuous deuce point match or they'll end the competition by next week episodes? So glad Tsukki is back and I hope Hinata gets to be back in the game as well by the end of the match!!
Nov 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Mar 2013
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

There's a limit how enthralling and emotional this anime can get.

I felt my eyes tearing up as I heard Tanaka's last epic lines as coach Ukai :') Truly amazing. That was the highlight of the episode... or maybe even of the whole season!

And the best guy makes his re-entry!! Hyped much?!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

202 by Koalovisk »»
Feb 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit_ »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

116 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

135 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

142 by Cammell »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.