Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 3, 2016 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
tr1ckst3r said:
Can I use Bite the Dust to reset this whole fuckin discussion about Bite the Dust?
We need a Gay Black Priest that looks like Obama for that
Sup...
Dec 4, 2016 12:18 AM

Nov 2013
demonskul777 said:
@Sirofcoffee again, with that explanation the cast shouldn't have died from the hayato trying to kill himself. They didn't ask anything and Hayato didn't tell anything/reveal anything, they simply saw btd working, with Hayato being present.

They tried to find Kira's identity through Hayato and when they saw the mini Killer Queen they made the link between Hayato and Kira. That's when Bites the Dust triggered.
It's true that it may be a strech to link 'asking a question' to this, but the basic rule is

'If Hayato is directly involved with someone finding out or trying to find out Kira's identity (conscious or not), Bites the Dust will trigger'
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Dec 4, 2016 2:07 AM

Aug 2014
Sirofcoffee said:
demonskul777 said:
@Sirofcoffee again, with that explanation the cast shouldn't have died from the hayato trying to kill himself. They didn't ask anything and Hayato didn't tell anything/reveal anything, they simply saw btd working, with Hayato being present.

They tried to find Kira's identity through Hayato and when they saw the mini Killer Queen they made the link between Hayato and Kira. That's when Bites the Dust triggered.
It's true that it may be a strech to link 'asking a question' to this, but the basic rule is

'If Hayato is directly involved with someone finding out or trying to find out Kira's identity (conscious or not), Bites the Dust will trigger'

tr1ckst3r said:
Can I use Bite the Dust to reset this whole fuckin discussion about Bite the Dust?

LOL I wish.
metadataDec 4, 2016 2:56 AM
Dec 4, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2016
Absolutely amazing ep.
Dec 4, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2010
Hmm... Okay. @demonskul777. This had all happened because the events happened throughout the last few days all lead to this.

The group found out about Hayato being suspicious and started gathering up for the sake of going together to get some answers out of them. The old man finds out about it and told his son. In turn, the stress and the immense will of Kira made the arrow to give Bite the dust to him. Then all that happened.

I understand what you're saying as to how it's too convenient for Hayato to always be there whenever things happened. But the group was on their way to their household. Hayato never knew that they're making their way there, and thus bumped into Rohan, who immediately recognized Hayato from the photo.

Also, the ability of Bite the Dust ( From the anime so far ) is that ANYONE with the knowledge of Kira's identity will die from it. You can say that the power comes way too easy and simple for a solution, but it was the insane amount of will and determination that made the arrow gave what he wanted : the person with the knowledge will die.

Another thing about the writing, is that the Jojo series in general goes way back in time, when no one else tried this sort of writing in manga (AFAIK), so its all very experimental for Araki. Even if someone did it before ( Groundhog day ), it's still new for Araki to go for this route at that time, unlike now where there's a lot of anime involves around time related stuff.

In the end of the day, it's still the same. If you don't like it, don't watch it...? I get that you said you left your opinion here just for expressing yourself, but there's also gonna be people who would have opinion on your opinion, and thus an arguement will break out. While you might say that arguement/criticism is generally good for a series to grow, this all had been set in stone as the original part 4 were published in 1992-1995.

And from what I've read, you said it yourself that you enjoy the parts that are coming after part 4. So I'd say, let people enjoy what they want.
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Dec 4, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2014

Jousuke is a shitbag. Despite how much of a scum Kira is, he gets respect for this line alone
Dec 4, 2016 8:55 AM

Aug 2014
ragemon65 said:
Hmm... Okay. @demonskul777. This had all happened because the events happened throughout the last few days all lead to this.

The group found out about Hayato being suspicious and started gathering up for the sake of going together to get some answers out of them. The old man finds out about it and told his son. In turn, the stress and the immense will of Kira made the arrow to give Bite the dust to him. Then all that happened.

I understand what you're saying as to how it's too convenient for Hayato to always be there whenever things happened. But the group was on their way to their household. Hayato never knew that they're making their way there, and thus bumped into Rohan, who immediately recognized Hayato from the photo.

Also, the ability of Bite the Dust ( From the anime so far ) is that ANYONE with the knowledge of Kira's identity will die from it. You can say that the power comes way too easy and simple for a solution, but it was the insane amount of will and determination that made the arrow gave what he wanted : the person with the knowledge will die.

Another thing about the writing, is that the Jojo series in general goes way back in time, when no one else tried this sort of writing in manga (AFAIK), so its all very experimental for Araki. Even if someone did it before ( Groundhog day ), it's still new for Araki to go for this route at that time, unlike now where there's a lot of anime involves around time related stuff.

In the end of the day, it's still the same. If you don't like it, don't watch it...? I get that you said you left your opinion here just for expressing yourself, but there's also gonna be people who would have opinion on your opinion, and thus an arguement will break out. While you might say that arguement/criticism is generally good for a series to grow, this all had been set in stone as the original part 4 were published in 1992-1995.

And from what I've read, you said it yourself that you enjoy the parts that are coming after part 4. So I'd say, let people enjoy what they want.

I'm not saying people can't like part 4 LOL. Where'd you get that idea from? It's not like it's not a good time-waster, it's just that I don't like a big chunk of it. I'm not elitist enough to judge other people for their opinions; I'm just vocal about mine.
Dec 4, 2016 9:24 AM

Apr 2008
Amazing. That OP got me so hyped. This whole episode was great, smart, solid storytelling. Jojo just keeps getting better and better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2010
@demonskul777

Yeah, you didn't say that people shouldn't like part 4, but you sure do try your best to convince them lol.

My point is, you wouldn't bother with something you hate, unless you really wanted it to be good right? But the thing is, not much can be changed at this point. The arc is still proceeding down to the path you despise of. So... move on to something else? Like how the majority finds Re:Zero good, but not for me. The thing is, I didn't actively tried to get into arguments about how it could've been better and all that, because it's just not worth the time. Besides, it's the author's freedom to explore however he/she wishes, no matter the result.

Might as well think of a scenario where it could be better to proceed plot-wise, ( eg: I think it could proceed better if they would've... ) instead of insisting on defending your point, which I understand it's your freedom to choose to believe anything you want, because in the end of the day, it's all about preferences. You like this, I don't like that. You don't like this, I liked it. Each to their own.

Anyway, just putting my two cents down, because i think this whole thing had been going on for too long. If people get it, people get it. If they don't, then alright, you liked it, I don't. End of story.

PS: Just a suggestion, but since you're that insisting on your point, you could start writing a story yourself and better improve your own plot by making it better than the current stuff nowadays. I'm sure with your attitude, you would surely be able to look from different perspective and give your own story the fairest treatment. Thus producing a great work.

PPS: The PS up there is not a "I need stuff that can prove that I'm better than him to judge him" statement. But rather, a constructive criticism. I just thought that with your perseverance, you should be able to produce great work with that sort of determination, as shown with your consistent replies to defend your point.
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Dec 4, 2016 12:03 PM
Oct 2007
That was some tense fight between Kira and Hayato! It was nice of the studio to alter the opening to fit this arc. Last 3 episodes hype!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2016
how do you watch every character you love blow up in one episode and not admit yourself to mental health institution

i cant, i just cant do this. Yoshikage Kira is a fucking beast and what's even more amazing is that it's just little Hayato, no stand no nothing, fighting for the fate of Morioh.

Geez, if this isn't the best story i've ever watched, it's way damn up there on the list.
Dec 4, 2016 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
Man this is the best JoJo has ever been. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish, what a terrifying stand power Bites the Dust is! I watched all the main characters literally bite the dust....Come on Hayoto you can outsmart Kira!
Dec 4, 2016 6:07 PM

May 2015
Rehls said:
I don't feel like these Stands' powers are very creative and/or original

Well if you compare it with other popular running series which is DBZ and YuYu Hakuso when this parts came out

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Dec 4, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2009
Dam this was amazing! From the OP to the end!
Dec 4, 2016 7:07 PM

Dec 2016
Honestly? I couldn't wait for this episode so I started reading the manga. I gotta admit, DP is following the manga pretty damn closely! I hope they're able to do the other arcs, I just started with vento aureo and good lord I'm hooked.
Dec 4, 2016 7:51 PM

Jul 2014
Mika said:

Jousuke is a shitbag. Despite how much of a scum Kira is, he gets respect for this line alone

Why does he think Josuke is a shitbag anyway? He's only been around him for two minutes at best.
Dec 5, 2016 2:44 AM

Dec 2013
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Mika said:

Why does he think Josuke is a shitbag anyway? He's only been around him for two minutes at best.

He dressed like a delinquent, delinquent are known for being a...
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Dec 5, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2015
Let the joy of love give you cancer.

Gooddo.
Dec 5, 2016 10:21 AM

Jan 2008
What a weird way of doing the opening. For a second I thought they were gonna play the song backward too.

Anyways, I do love when time traveling anime uses the 'fate cannot be changed' theme/trope. No matter what they do, the tragedies will occur one way or another. It's quite nice to see how authors play with it.

I'm hoping Rohan doesn't permanently die... Though knowing this series, I wouldn't be surprise, since the JoJo series seems to kill off characters before/during the final fight.
Dec 5, 2016 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
Great adaptation as usual. Kira really got to shine in this episode, and I loved every single line of insidious dialogue he delivered.

As for the people saying The World is better than Bites the Dust: I agree, but not for the "bad writing" or whatever reasoning that people are giving. If you look back, you'll see that The World fight is chalk full of goofy stuff, like Jotaro teleporting inside a manhole Looney Tunes-style, Dio being able to fly/float for no explainable reason, and ridiculously long paragraphs of dialogue somehow being spouted in timespan of a few seconds.

The point is, Jojo prioritizes Rule of Cool and pure entertainment value over everything else, and if you haven't noticed that by now four years in, then that's kinda your own fault, not Araki's.
Dec 5, 2016 1:28 PM

May 2012
Awesome. These last episodes have been so great.

This episode had so much tension and Hayato's is actually very brave.
I despise woke people.
Dec 6, 2016 2:32 AM

Sep 2016
Pleasantly surprised that there’re so many posts in this thread, but sadly found lots of them to be arguments on Araki's shit writing. Naive me.
The original manga was written decades ago and many ppl are still enjoying it. That fact alone tells something.

Anyways, back to this ep. The OP caught me off guard. This is probably the weirdest OP I’ve ever seen, lol. (I think they’ll probably edit it with more changes in the next ep.) Wondering how they will do the OP for Part 5 & 6.

So the time loop will continue until BTD is deactivated by Kira and what happened will happen again. Now I won’t call BTD just a bit too OP.
I feel bad for Hayato, a little kid with no stand in such a desperate situation. Love his badass moment when he glared at Kira after kissing his mum.
Dec 6, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2014
My goodness, that OP is like the littest shit ever.

As for the episode: the (JoJo) hype is actually delivering for once! This is just fucking amazing.
Dec 6, 2016 3:47 AM

Apr 2009
Orikasa_Momiji said:

Anyways, back to this ep. The OP caught me off guard. This is probably the weirdest OP I’ve ever seen, lol. (I think they’ll probably edit it with more changes in the next ep.) Wondering how they will do the OP for Part 5 & 6.

It syncs up pretty well, though.

Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 6, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2016
Nidhoeggr said:
Orikasa_Momiji said:

I actually like the OP, but I feel it's weird at the same time, lol. I'm always a fan of DP's creative moves.
(I found some recycled materials near the end of the OP, so there might be more changes next time I guess.)

As for the OP for Part 5,

As for Part 6,
Orikasa_MomijiDec 6, 2016 5:27 AM
Dec 6, 2016 5:41 AM

Apr 2009
Orikasa_Momiji said:
Nidhoeggr said:

I actually like the OP, but I feel it's weird at the same time, lol. I'm always a fan of DP's creative moves.
(I found some recycled materials near the end of the OP, so there might be more changes next time I guess.)

As for the OP for Part 5,

As for Part 6,

Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 6, 2016 6:51 AM
Dec 2016
demonskul777 said:

Sorry for my poor english, but..
Bite the Dust Activated because the line that Josuke said "let's ask him about Kawajiri Kosaku" isn't it?
I remember in manga Hayato was mention it (in a previous page).
Dec 6, 2016 6:54 AM
Nov 2016
Fun fact: the town of Morioh is apparently based off of Araki's hometown, DP visited said town before beginning production of DIU.
Dec 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2015
By mori mori mori Moriocho radio, this opening was greatro daze! David Productions have captured the essence of the manga perfectly, I felt taken back in the past when I read the manga, several years ago. Bravo!
Dec 6, 2016 4:41 PM
May 2016

Not necessarily, actually on the manga and anime version it also shows the teapot in the midst of breaking so probably didnt notice as in the anime it goes abit fast.

This might sound relativist but :

Although in general I see where you are saying, and I have to mostly agree with you most of what you say about araki writing in general, although nowadays most of the jojo community take everything seriously and basically acts like all fandom when their sacred cow is threatened and will flock to defend araki no matter what on everything. But for me and some of the jojo community who still remember its roots for the mostly excuse this issues and laugh at this ridiculous plot-holes caused from araki having weak ass memory Because after all araki and this includes the biggest part 4 plot hole ever ( the hermit purple one) and those issues are not necessarily the bad things because after all this is just a work of system and all of them have these flaws. But it just saddens me the state of the fandom atm lmao.

TL;DR Part 4 is controversial in terms of love or hate and I think it has some good things going for it than bad overall and you are free to voice your opinion to offer a side a fan won't normally see but you have to remember this series is the same one in which joseph pulled a fucking tommy gun from between his ass and survived from beyond the stratosphere and all of these flaws don't necessarily always have to completely ruin the experience or reflect on the series overall (Except when they do)

DTBTD1Dec 6, 2016 4:53 PM
Dec 8, 2016 6:07 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. This episode felt like it lasted 10 seconds. Didn't think it could possibly get better than the previous one, but here we are. Bites the Dust was an awesome arc.

The OP was so creative and clever, btw. Gotta love David Pro.
Dec 9, 2016 1:00 AM

Jan 2013
That opening threw me for a loop. Haha! You really gotta admire the great passion David Pro has in bringing this amazing series to life.
Nei-sanDec 9, 2016 1:05 AM
Dec 10, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
I don't think I've ever seen a popular brand unaltered in an anime before.
Great episode again
Dec 25, 2016 9:29 PM

May 2012
Damn great development, some time loop concept! I just love this! Really do wonder what the last three episodes will offer though.
Jan 15, 2017 6:18 PM

Jan 2012
This episode gives me the feels like melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya repeating dream episodes lol

Jan 20, 2017 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
The horrible Groundhog day of a scared child: a good episode despite Kira's presence (who usually offers nothing bad but nothing special either). I thank Hayato's point of view for that.
I am not a fan of the "coherence" this power has, but now I welcome it warmly just for the current intrigue.

5/5 Looks like every time-bending villain will warp the opening of his series at some point..
Rei_IIIJan 20, 2017 12:33 PM
Jan 20, 2017 3:09 PM
Nov 2016
Rei366 said:

5/5 Looks like every time-bending villain will warp the opening of his series at some point..
Oh man is Part 5's OP gonna get weird. I can see how they would do the one for Part 6, but 5 is gonna be weird.
Jan 31, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
I like how they rewind the OP xD

That was intense
I mean what's going on with villains powerup in this anime?
Almost like luck is always on the bad side
"Signature removed"
Feb 3, 2017 7:43 AM

Mar 2015
Jesus Christ is there any way to defeat this son of a bitch?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 2, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
Damn Hayato has grown and he nearly got Kira...if not for his own mistake >_>
Mar 3, 2017 4:52 AM

Jul 2013
I like how they're making Hayato a martyr hopelessly trying to save his and his mom's life completely brushing off the fact that he's a creep that has an audio and video camera recording in his parents' bedroom. I just can't get over it. They should at least explain that. This is really the weakest jojo so far. :/
Apr 30, 2017 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
STOP KILLING ROHAN DAMMIT T-T
May 7, 2017 9:02 AM

Sep 2016
PrimeX said:
I like how they're making Hayato a martyr hopelessly trying to save his and his mom's life completely brushing off the fact that he's a creep that has an audio and video camera recording in his parents' bedroom. I just can't get over it. They should at least explain that.

This is quite late, but the reason I heard about was that Hayato was smart enough to doubt if he's really created from his parents' love based on what he saw from their interactions so he'd like to check if there's love between them.
I think Hayato mentioned a little to himself in the anime, but I can't remember correctly.
Jul 16, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2016
The adjustments made for the arc in the opening was clever~ The music amplified the emotional impact of the 3rd bomb as well.

As if seeing Rohan sadly dying for no reason again wasn't traumatizing enough, they had to make all four of them blow up too... Hayato was really admirable for almost getting it right using Stray Cat as a weapon even though Kira survived with his devilish luck.

Oct 8, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2013
the opening change was SUGOI! and yeah Bites the Dust is super OP!
nice mental tug-of-war between Hayato and Kira. i feel like the show though is conveniently telling us to forget all the awful creepiness he generally had. but you know what? i'm okay with it! least he's not a fucking Nazi.
Great episode, even if i have absolutely no idea what's going to happen next.
Oct 17, 2017 8:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bites the Dust kill fo them, but how Yamato return in the time Kira don´t know it... when all will diedwhatever happens....how you can stopped this?
Nov 8, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
The opening greatness,tho.

And Jesus,Kira is fucking unstoppable,even the luck is on his side. Seeing Rohan die again was hard to watch:/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2017 9:16 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! It's great to see Kouichi already coming up ways to counters Bites the Dust.

He maybe a kid, but he's a genius and knows how to adapt to any situations.

Damn, Kira had the goddess luck on his side. If he didn't put his watch on his breast pocket, he would have died for sure.

Now let's see the cunterattack!!! Let's do this!!!!!!
Aug 22, 2018 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
OP played in reverse!
And this episode is so intense

Oct 8, 2018 10:45 PM

May 2015
I kinda was expecting some kind of change in the OP like in Stardust Crusaders with Dio. I still got the creeps.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.