Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 19, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This Touko girl seems somewhat interesting, reminds me of the type of character with a detective mind especially with her theories.

Pacing felt rather odd this episode. The strange occurrences in the town just got stranger yet again. I think it's probably the way the people are dying (for instance, like the ones walking to their own deaths). I think they're really overemphasizing on the mystery of the case about the murders, including the one about the professor. Not sure how I feel about this Asuna girl on the case, she seems like a generic detective even with her special talent. Ending is kinda creepy.
Stark700Nov 19, 2016 8:57 AM
Nov 19, 2016 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
El Psy Congroo!

Just putting the theory that Moritsuka is talking to his future self.
Or most possibly, Okabe himself.

After all these years, we finally knew who Okabe is talking to!
liaojhNov 20, 2016 1:40 AM
Nov 19, 2016 9:46 AM

Aug 2016
Anime is getting at least +2 on my initial rating skala just because of the "El Psy Kongroo"
Nov 19, 2016 9:53 AM
Nov 2012
This episode was good, I guess. Even though I was expecting the revelation of whether they were dead or not to be more shocking, given how the events unfold it was good.

I only wonder why some people can still see them, and why don't they try to call, or send an email, to their friends, saying something like "I am alive". Because they implied, in this episode, that phone calls and internet message works just fine, even though they are dead.

El Psy Congroo.
Nov 19, 2016 9:57 AM

Feb 2008
Anime is getting at least a -2 on my initial rating skala just because this episode was really bad

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
Very interesting episode, but I really don't understand why some people can see Yuta and the others, while other people can't. In particular, I wonder how they're going to explain Asuna seeing Yuta alive when she's also looking at his dead body, as even having the potential to see the "ghosts" should be overwritten if you see their corpses, surely? Also, why did using psychometry on Yuta show her nothing at all, when all the other dead at least got a drowning scene?

My only complaint now would be that I'd prefer them to explain some things every now and then before bringing in a ton of new ideas on top of what's already here.
Nov 19, 2016 10:25 AM

Feb 2016
Anime is getting at least +2 on my initial rating skala just because of the "El Psy Kongroo" 2
Nov 19, 2016 10:32 AM
Mar 2015
Atavistic said:
Very interesting episode, but I really don't understand why some people can see Yuta and the others, while other people can't.

Those who can see him are also dead, i.e. the 256 people who drowned. Though there seem to be some special cases, like Kiryuu, who seems to be able to leave his body while still being alive and, like you mentioned, Asuna, who seems to be able to see Gamon, even though she is clearly still alive (though this might have more to do with Gamon than with her).
Nov 19, 2016 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
the girl was so scary and confusing... specially the last part... so they are all ghosts.... the episode just gave me goosebumps
Nov 19, 2016 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
It keeps getting better.
Nov 19, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2015
Oh damn, this is just getting excited. Yuta and the other gang member is dead, WOW. Perfect cliffhanger too. I wonder what will happen if Yuta realize it sooner.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 19, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
Must be the weirdest feeling looking at your dead body

On a side note: El Psy Kongroo

Nov 19, 2016 11:15 AM

Jun 2015
Damn this was good.

I still wish this Riu-tas girl wasn't there. Whenever I see her I get the urge to pierce her breasts with a needle making them explode like balloons.

one thinks after seeing the comments here that they put El Psy Congroo just to raise the popularity of the show and attract attention.
Niveen_SleemNov 19, 2016 11:19 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 19, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
OrangeJP said:
Must be the weirdest feeling looking at your dead body

On a side note: El Psy Kongroo

I don't know why this part annoyed me.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 19, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
This week we see everyone reactions after the news that they are dead.I don't know why but I lol'd at the end when Gamon saw his dead body.A f*cked up ending.It's getting better and better each week.
Nov 19, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
That El Psy Kongroo though.......too bad that's not enough to positively influence my rating.

So these guys are dead for sure, but they can still be seen by some people. I guess those are just more people who were involved in the mass suicide. The ending was quite eerie too, I could never imagine looking at my own corpse.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 19, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
The organization is behind it, for sure.
Or maybe N.O.Z.O.M.I. is testing the original NOAH.
El Psy Congroo.
Was the committee of 300 just rounded up from 256?
Whose eyes are those eyes?
aspectreNov 19, 2016 11:29 AM
Nov 19, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2010
Ofc Zonko starts speaking as soon as Ryotas leaves lol
Good episode
Nov 19, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
El Psy Kongroo!

Btw, it's getting that low rating because of extreme high amount of dialogues?
It was obvious, all series with ";" are based on dialogues.
Another interesting episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 19, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2013
The biggest mystery is what the fck is the vanguard cards all about ;)

The gang arrives together to discuss being dead and gamotan about to publish his theory.
FBI-chan psychometry using girl arrives and works fast, she might have just died since she can see gamotan now.

Nov 19, 2016 12:10 PM

Apr 2016
Asuna finally brings something like tension (if Yuuta does not talk in between).

The series is getting better.
Nov 19, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
Gamon refusing to believe he is dead. Sarai & Touko seemed to be dead as well.

Kisaki's psychometry is interesting & helpful.
Hmm as soon as Ryou-tas leaves, Zonko starts speaking.

El Psy Kongroo- Nice Steins Gate Reference.

Mass Hypnosis or Brainwashing? Everyone drowns & no one speaks.
Gamon face-face with his dead body & Kisaki.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 19, 2016 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
I think with El Psy Congro, we can assume there is an "Organization" from Steins;Gate taking part in the conspiracy. Also, Okabe was always saying that on the phone, as Moritsuka. I'm just glad I don't drop the shows I start, so I could see this show getting better and better.
Nov 19, 2016 12:55 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think, Asuna died right there to see Gamon looking over his corpse.
Nov 19, 2016 1:05 PM
May 2015
Now that it's confirmed that most of the main casts are dead, I really want to know more about Ryo-tas. Yes, she's an annoying bitch with a big melon and likely suffering from down syndrome but I am beginning to suspect that Ryouka is not what we think she is.

In the previous episodes, she still has a shadow so she's mostly likely still alive and every time she leaves the bar (?), a girl in the radio starts speaking to Yuuta. Coincidence? I think not.

Also, the shot in the OP probably confirms my theory.

I'm willing to bet my soul that Ryouka is that girl in the radio. Which means she might not be as retarded as I thought she is.

I can't wait to see more Asuna next episode. She's an interesting character.

5/5 Increasing my ratings to 7/10 --> 8/10 and it's got nothing to do with El Psy Kongroo.
jc9622Nov 19, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 19, 2016 1:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
are dead, but their souls not!!!!
Nov 19, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
I thought Kisaki was Ryu but i guess not.

Atavistic said:

My only complaint now would be that I'd prefer them to explain some things every now and then before bringing in a ton of new ideas on top of what's already here.

I agree with this, so much information is just too much when there's a week's gap. I want to wait to binge watch this, but I like tuning in every saturday so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Nov 19, 2016 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
Yuuta in front of his corpse :D This show is pretty interesting.
Nov 19, 2016 1:13 PM

Oct 2013
Smudy said:
I think, Asuna died right there to see Gamon looking over his corpse.

I feel like this is what happened, especially with how the birds flew off as she tried to read Gamon, along with the detective saying that there was a reason he took her off the case. That being said I'd be kind of sad if she died, want her to work with the police for a little bit longer.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Nov 19, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2016
Best ep so far I'd say.
The writer said that Steins;Gate and the other SciADV stuff is fictional in O;9's world, and we got confirmation in this ep, I guess Shun must be a fan of S;G.
Nov 19, 2016 1:31 PM

Sep 2015
El Psy Kongroo! *quickly rewinds back to confirm*

Dam this got super interesting!
Nov 19, 2016 1:31 PM
Oct 2013
I am really glad they started to reference other ; series as well. and I think the drowning has to do with the Noah testing from Chaos;Head. It's really similar, and the ; worlds are supposed to be in the same universe except different points in time, or even timeline.

On the note of other people seeing Gamon and the victims of 256, it may be because they can see 'ghosts'. Which would explain why Asuna could see Gamon.
kansokusha_Nov 19, 2016 2:20 PM
Nov 19, 2016 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
NGL Got chills at the end of the ep when Kisaki couldn't read anything at all from Gamon while he's watching.

EL PSY KONGROO!! Shun actually said the LEGENDARY WORDS!!

And damn Kisaki's such a great character :3
Nov 19, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
jc9622 said:
Now that it's confirmed that most of the main casts are dead, I really want to know more about Ryo-tas. Yes, she's an annoying bitch with a big melon and likely suffering from down syndrome but I am beginning to suspect that Ryouka is not what we think she is.

In the previous episodes, she still has a shadow so she's mostly likely still alive and every time she leaves the bar (?), a girl in the radio starts speaking to Yuuta. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm willing to bet my soul that Ryouka is that girl in the radio. Which means she might not be as retarded as I thought she is.

5/5 Increasing my ratings to 7/10 --> 8/10 and it's got nothing to do with El Psy Kongroo.

Ooooh, oh yes ! I agree
Nov 19, 2016 2:17 PM
Jul 2013
Am I the only one who missed that "El Psy Congroo whatever"?
I must say this episode was confusing, I couldn't follow it for more then 5 minutes in a row...
Nov 19, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
This episode, holy damn.

That El Psy Kongroo didn't help my starvation for Steins;Gate Zero, anime adaptation (24 episodes pls) or translated PC VN... I need it...
Nov 19, 2016 2:27 PM
Apr 2016
Damn! That episode :D! (I prefered the 6, but this one is really good too ^^). I think Gamon and the others are in purgatory, or the thing that strange guys were talking about in ep6 (With the red and white star). PS: The "El Psy Kongroo" was nice, really nice :D ! (For the guys that doesn't know, the Steins;Gate scenarist wrote the OC;9 Light Novel ;) )
Nov 19, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
El Psy Congroo... Oh, well...

For being dead, they took their demises more or less well (except Gamon, whose reaction is the most realistic one).

I wonder who is that psychic girl, how she has her powers and what is her relationship with Moritsuka is exactly. This show creates more questions each episode it pass.

jc9622 said:

I think exactly the same.
Nov 19, 2016 2:45 PM
Apr 2016
As I see it I doubt that this stupid girl is Zonko, probably working on some ogranization unknown yet. The same goes for the manager, who might be working for the Committee of 300.
What was great, the connection between the series. El Psy Kongroo. Moritsuka is affiliated with an organization working on behalf of Okabe Rintarou trying to prevent worldwide domination of the forementioned Committee, which is nice. Now it starts to unravel itself in the right way.
Re:formed
Nov 19, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
jc9622 said:

Oh my! Props to you for being so observant. If this actually turns out to be true though, I will be very angry at you for the spoilers XD (jk). Anyways, this show is actually starting to get really interesting (albeit unnecessarily confusing). I will definitely keep watching and see if your theory turns out to be true :)
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Nov 19, 2016 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Moritsuka is affiliated with an organization working on behalf of Okabe Rintarou trying to prevent worldwide domination of the forementioned Committee, which is nice. Now it starts to unravel itself in the right way.

That could be interesting, but Steins;Gate is fiction in the world of Occultic;Nine. Like, it's a game/anime in their world, just like it is to us. I think Moritsuka is just a huge fan of Hououin Kyouma.
Nov 19, 2016 3:47 PM

Dec 2013
That ending gave me chills!
Nov 19, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2015
El Psy Kangoroo is back, but still the story is quite messy for me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 19, 2016 4:03 PM

Oct 2013
Episodes are starting to get better bit by bit so that's nice.

I'm interested to see how all this will play out.

Nov 19, 2016 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
The most underrated show I attempted to watch! Why isnt this rating at least 7.1?? I am dumbfounded!
Nov 19, 2016 4:15 PM

May 2015
Shit, this show is slowly giving me the chills, in a good way. The preview part kinda makes me hyped for the next episode.

Nov 19, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
RKarim69f117 said:
The most underrated show I attempted to watch! Why isnt this rating at least 7.1?? I am dumbfounded!

Mostly because of how bad that first episode.
Nov 19, 2016 4:25 PM

Jun 2015
So they are dead. I guess other people can see them because they are dead as well. Dead people seeing other dead people. The girl that can see people's memories is interesting. Looks like the dialogue isn't going to slow down.
Nov 19, 2016 4:59 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, so someone basically pushed their minds out of their bodies and overtook their bodies, navigating them to their death? Seems kinda interesting...
In fact, I have to say that this episode was maybe the first one which managed to left me intrigued.. and also managed to keep some pacing which is shame so far into the game but at the same time it was still way too far out of ideal and I still don't like Moritsuka's blabbering monologues, they are kinda pointless by now cause we already know what character he is.

Niveen_Sleem said:
one thinks after seeing the comments here that they put El Psy Congroo just to raise the popularity of the show and attract attention.

This.
And I would think it's desperate attempt at best as connecting those two universes is the last thing they want to do. This is no logical-based Nasuverse (at least this series which just increments running trainwreck) so any attempts on this are destined to failure (and just for the record - I know this is part of Science Adventure series... well, not really... but trying to grasp for straws at bigger and more succesful title only seems like leeching at this point).
Nov 19, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
This show has gotten really good in the last couple episodes.

I guess they don't remember dying since their souls were kicked out of their bodies before that. But what happens to souls without bodies in this world?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

448 by andreyous »»
Feb 9, 8:35 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

95 by Ronninn »»
Oct 17, 2022 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.