Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh looks like some shenanigans going on at school caused by a specter-like youkai. I do find the youkai somewhat more creepy than compared to the others though.

Also glad to see Taki getting some screen time this season. Such an underrated character.
Nov 1, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
Words on blackboard that only he saw. The girl who cannot see youkai but can sense the aura felt something at her home and "saved" it. The same ayakashi he saw... lol @ Nyanko-sensei's being a girl. The ayakashi she sensed at home turns out different... According to it, it seems like that he and his friend sensing a huge ayakashi at home and entered to investigate but got lost.

That huge ayakashi that looked into the house from the window started to tell his story and somehow agreed to find that little ayakashi friend. Lots of spells cast around the house that ayakashi cannot go through some area. The friend ayakashi is found. The huge ayakashi seeing human girl's eyes and feeling connection is, in his sense, prohibited, and those words on blackboard was his overflowing feeling.

New ED clip.

More ayakashi next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 1, 2016 10:35 AM
Jul 2015
I love today's ep so much as it's one of my favourite manga chapters. The art was improved compared to the previous eps, especially that new ending!!! totally took me by surprise!!!
Nov 1, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
Nice to see Taki again and it was nice to see Natsume helping her out.
Pretty interesting episode with the youkai this time also seeing some moments between Taki and Natsume is always good too see.
Nov 1, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
"When I was lost, you saved me. If I could, I would take you with me. I told myself, knowing it was impossible, that I would love to see the beautiful mountains, the beautiful valleys together with you. What do humans call this feeling?"

Oh god, I'm definitely not crying.

That was BEAUTIFUL. My favorite episode already.
That last part when Natsume started to read what was written on the chalkboard really got me. I got really emotional when the two "rabbits" re-encountered as well.

Seeing Taki back was so exciting for me ; ; It's nice to see she still treasures her grandpa's circle even if she knows it may be a forbid technique.

The ED got animated!! And it looks so pretty with those warm colors.
The OST of this season... I really need it! I'm in love with all the new tracks.

The next episode... I remember that chapter clearly, and I loved it so much <3 and I know I will love it in the anime.
Nov 1, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2008
Yuki Midorikawa, pulled at my heartstrings again. *crying*

"What do humans call this feeling?" It's love!
Nov 1, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2015
Another beautiful episode, this show is just constant quality every week.
Nov 1, 2016 1:38 PM

Apr 2016
Nice to see Taki back.
Taki and sensei scenes were funny as usual.
A few Taki-Natsume scenes were also there. ;)

The rabbit's voice was so cute!

I really liked the last few scenes, the art was amazing, and did justice to these heart-touching words -
"When I was lost, you saved me. If I could, I would take you with me. I told myself, knowing it was impossible, that I would love to see the beautiful mountains, the beautiful valleys together with you. What do humans call this feeling?"

New ED visuals! I liked how they showed Natsume alone at first, gazing off in the distance, but then, one by one everyone joins him, and he looks around himself. It ends with the Fujiwaras. ^_^
Nov 1, 2016 2:04 PM

Jun 2016
sweetdrops said:

They call it being a B-B-BAAKA!

Seriously though, I love how this series often waxes poetic at the end of the episodes, and this was one of the best. The visuals to accompany the words were perfect, too.

I like the new ED visuals already. It's laid-back and relaxing, as it should be.

Nov 1, 2016 2:05 PM
Jun 2012
*sniff*

Beautiful.

New ending is really good too.
Nov 1, 2016 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
Oh my god that end was beautiful (+ the ending song and new visuals *o*) the youkai voice actor did a great job

We need more Taki !!
Nov 1, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2015
xSkipi said:
Oh my god that end was beautiful (+ the ending song and new visuals *o*) the youkai voice actor did a great job

We need more Taki !!

Yeah, whoever voiced the big youkai has a really good voice.
Nov 1, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
Lovely episode. Great to see Taki this episode.
Always love seeing her hug & squeeze Nyanko Sensei.

LOL Sensei transforming to prevent Taki from hugging him.
HAHA "Ball of Wool"

Taki looks beautiful with her hair up.

Glad they were able to find the Rabbit Youkai's friend.

Lovely visuals for the ED.
Hope we see more Taki later on.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 1, 2016 3:29 PM

Jun 2010
I cried so hard and I can't stop.
Nov 1, 2016 3:49 PM
Nov 2015
Storywise, this anime never disappoint me.
Nov 1, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2014
Episodes with Taki are some of the best of the series. The ending song animation gives such a nostalgic vibe of the past endings.
Nov 1, 2016 4:15 PM

Aug 2013
aww
the youkai in love with Saki :')
the episode getting better and better every week!

Nov 1, 2016 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
yet another beautiful episode.

i can't even express in words how much i love Natsume Yuujinchou,really

The new ending is great too!
Nov 1, 2016 4:47 PM

May 2009
Aww...bittersweet ep as usual with this series T-T Poor hairy youkai :(
I can see why he would fall for Taki, she's such a sweet girl :)
Ending credits was beautiful with the animation :) ( yay, it kept the tradition like the other four series!)
Nov 1, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2014
Glad to see Taki back!

That ending - "When I was lost, you saved me. If I could, I would take you with me. I told myself, knowing it was impossible, that I would love to see the beautiful mountains, the beautiful valleys together with you. What do humans call this feeling?" - was so touching that I cried.

Love the OP! Can't wait to see next week's episode!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Nov 1, 2016 5:34 PM

Aug 2015
This feels the most like a Natsume Yuujinchou episode.

I like the new ED visuals. I'm guessing the previous one was just a placeholder?
Nov 1, 2016 5:58 PM

Aug 2011
One word : Masterpiece
Nov 1, 2016 6:35 PM

Mar 2013
Aah I love Taki, We need more episode for Taki and youkai also It's been long time since Natsume returned a name to a youkai want to see it again.

crying in the new ED visuals.
honokiNov 1, 2016 6:45 PM
Nov 1, 2016 7:42 PM
Aug 2016
sachia said:
I love today's ep so much as it's one of my favourite manga chapters. The art was improved compared to the previous eps, especially that new ending!!! totally took me by surprise!!!

And here I thought this was an anime original! Do you (or does anyone else) know around what chapter Natsume Go is atm?
Nov 1, 2016 8:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Favorite episode thus far.
Taki is so pure and angelic. Would have been nice to see the fluffy youkai to personally say farewell to her but regardless it was a lovely episode.

Taki holding Nyanko, cute. Speaking of Nyanko, I forgot he could take on a human form.

Nov 1, 2016 9:16 PM
Jun 2015
Its weird how many times these stories tend to repeat themselves and still entertaining to watch. Youkai can never get along with humans because they live much longer than humans and only a few people can interact with them. In Natsume's case he can interact with youkai but has difficulty socializing with humans because his ability led him to be ostracized from his family and his peers from the city.
Nov 1, 2016 9:32 PM

Aug 2008
A Taki centric episode. She need more screen time.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 2, 2016 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, that is love, the real love.. I rarely appreciate things people call loves.. Love is love when it came when you were not expecting it.. People like to say easily "That is love, that is love at the first sight", but this episode story is the only one I can appteciate.. Love at first sight can only happen at the moment when yours and her eyes are meet ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Nov 2, 2016 2:07 AM

Oct 2014
This ep was beautiful as always.

Best anime this season
Nov 2, 2016 3:35 AM
Mar 2016
The ED new visuals is perfect T.T

"What do humans call this feeling?" *cry*
Nov 2, 2016 3:50 AM
Aug 2014
My heart got striked. I'm about to cry. Like literally. I feel just like i did with the final episode of Natsume Shi. That was easily my favourite episode of the franchise. Go already hit me this bad. Let's see what it can do with the rest of the episodes.
Nov 2, 2016 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
narulovesramen said:
Aww...bittersweet ep as usual with this series T-T

You know, this is what I love about this series. That it stays real. You'd expect that Taki, at the end of the episode, magically started to see youkai so she could bid farewell to the hairy one. But no, that's not how this universe works, and it doesn't change only to give us a "happy ending". Even with that, they still manage to give us a beautiful outcome out of each story, keeping it as real as possible. Another good example is the second episode of this season, the one with the little rain youkai who at the end, wasn't able to talk again to her beloved person.

It usually ends in a bittersweet note, but I think that's just one of the many charming points of Natsume Yuujinchou <3
Nov 2, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
Art was very good, the story spectacular! I love the new ED with all the warm-colored animation (reminds me of Natsu Yuuzora). Love it!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 2, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
This episode once again proves that Taki needs way more screen time than what she is given in this series.
Nov 2, 2016 10:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This feeling, is love ;)
Nov 2, 2016 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
those rabbits were just too cute.
Nov 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
Webhead said:
sachia said:

And here I thought this was an anime original! Do you (or does anyone else) know around what chapter Natsume Go is atm?

This one was chapter 64 and 65
but they are jumping around...order of episodes are not following the order of chapters
Nov 2, 2016 8:11 PM

Oct 2007
I would fall in love with Taki that quickly too and want to take her away ;)

Loved this episode for the Taki appearance. Reminding us once again that time flows differently between man and youkai. Tree spirit is right, it would be bittersweet to stay. Taki would pass on like the blink of an eye in his perspective. This is where Nyanko sensei differs, I think he does like the spirit of Reiko enough, enough to stay by her grandson's side too. Nyanko-sensei loves Reiko! I love bittersweet things...
Nov 2, 2016 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
that was really nice and the ED is nice
Nov 3, 2016 1:41 AM

Aug 2015
Another great episode!
I was really touched by the story of the giant yokai. T-T
Nov 3, 2016 7:48 AM

Jul 2009
Episodes like that proves this show deserves all the praises it gets.

I almost cried when Natsume was reading what the youkai wrote on the blackboard. I suspected earlier that he fell in love with Taki so I wasn't surprised, still, I definitely didn't expect such a beautiful explanation. Along with those images it made one of the most beautiful scenes from all of the Natsume series, really marvellously depicted feelings.
Nov 3, 2016 12:51 PM

Mar 2009
Taki is so precious.
Nov 3, 2016 8:04 PM

Nov 2007
Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki. Taki.

This was me when I was watching this episode! I love her so much! Usually when I watch anime, I ship my favourite characters as couples but Taki is so special I just don't want to ship her with anyone. Not even after seeing scenes like these:

Not with Tanuma. Certainly not with Natsume or anyone else.

Taki's Smile!

Taki's Blushes!

Taki's Weak Resolve!

Taki's Seriousness!

Taki's Innocence!

Taki's Efforts!

Taki's Everything!

Taki's such an angel! I hope I was able to convey my love for her!

"Whoever forbid it was right. Whoever forbid it was kind."

Best episode since the first episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 4, 2016 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
omg this has been the best episode this season so far... the emotions... I love this series so much... it deserves a 10/10
Nov 5, 2016 12:40 AM

Feb 2011
I love this series <3
Nov 5, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
Aww man, that was so sweet and lovely; and sad too. what a combination geez. Taki is a beauty so no wonder the youkai fell for her; tho the outcome wasn't a happy one since she can't see youkai. I think it might have been different in case of Reiko tho as she could interact with youkai due to her powers.

Hoping for a yuri episode too. I mean why not! ;)
Nov 5, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
MAN THIS WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I'M CRYING Ç_Ç

Nov 5, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
Finally the animation improved and I have no complaints about it this week ?? This episode was beautiful, lonely, and bittersweet. And I really liked the ending sequence as well, even though the brief moments where Natsume would be standing by himself in the field made me want to run up to him and hug him ;;
Nov 5, 2016 7:58 PM

Oct 2013
Why is Natsume Yuujinchou so perfect? Like, give me another 5 seasons, I will never get tired of this.
Gotta give credits to Yuki Midorikawa, the quality of the series never dipped, not even after so many episodes.
Nov 6, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
totally undestand the ayakashi "If I could, I would take you with me. that I would love to see the beautiful mountains, the beautiful valleys together with you" Taki is so lovely love all her episodes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

134 by Meritas »»
Jan 2, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

61 by Meritas »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

152 by Meritas »»
Sep 29, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

68 by Cieling_phan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:30 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2016

60 by Nurularifin »»
May 23, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.