Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 26, 2016 6:31 PM

Sep 2013
Stupid, the misunderstanding was so stupid.. but I still love it, it would have been better is the reason if much more acceptable, but I'm just glad that they made up. Now please, I need to see more interactions between Nozomi and Mizore <3

And Yuuko, you dont need to compete. You have Natsuki <3

I'm so glad my asuka hasn't change.. She frankly mentioned all of Mizore's selfishness . NOZOMI DID NOTHING WRONG, YET SHE SUFFERED. BRING HER BACK TO THE CLUB NOW!

People who says "Let's make it to the Nationals" are the best.
Reina and Asuka <3
Oct 26, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2007
At this point of time, many of us who don't have any knowledge of the novel would not realize the importance of this episode. This episode actually connects episode 1 of season 1 and the last chapter of the final volume, volume 3. I will refrain from spoiling the rest of us here.

If they touch vol. 3 at all, I will refer this episode to show the importance of this episode. Until then I will keep my mouth shut.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 26, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
Neromon said:
CondemneDio said:
Kumiko is barely a MC anymore :/
I really hate this season, it feels like a totally different anime.

I have no idea what you're on about. Euphonium has always been an ensemble story, told through Kumiko's perspective. I'd say she's actually being more active this season.

An ensemble of what? I agree with CondemeDio here. This season is less about the music and more about (subjectively) uninteresting personal issues. From a SoL perspective this season is quite good, but that is not what I am watching Hibike for. I am watching it for the music and the struggle of getting to nationals or whatever. The first season really did a good job with that, but this season we are barely seeing any progression on the musical front. Compared to the first season this is going a completely different direction.
Oct 26, 2016 7:22 PM
Aug 2014
Finally the boring arc is over. Now comes the good with Asuka. And hopefully finishes with Kumiko and you know who.
Oct 26, 2016 7:25 PM

May 2015
More nonsense complaining from a episode topic? What a surprise.

Oct 26, 2016 8:15 PM

Mar 2015
Compared to previous episodes this one seemed really lackluster.
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 26, 2016 8:19 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man such a nice episode.
Yuko really got some great development this ep and we finally understand why Mizore was so scared of Nozomi. To be perfectly honest, I really felt for Mizore, I totally know the feeling you get when you realize that you're only "one of" many friends to someone. It can be pretty bitter sometimes and I really found myself sympathizing with Mizore's raw, exposed emotions.
And oh man... the yuriiiiiii
Nozomi x Mizore was great to watch, I don't know why but the scene where Nozomi clears up the misunderstanding while apologizing and trying to find the words to say it was so great to watch for me. Something about her awkward and panicked attempt to explain to Mizore really hit home with me.
Yuko x Natsuki with the fun teasing was super cute to watch as well~

Also something's happening with Kumiko's sister now?

So many smiles this ep!
gust11Oct 26, 2016 8:23 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 26, 2016 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
I'm with asuka with this one with that reasoning Mizore was pretty selfish when she was saying that shit right in Yuko face i was damn she better snap.

said it last week Yuko has come around a lot since the first season shes cares for the fam!
Oct 26, 2016 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
Emotional and resolving episode. Finally can move on.
Oct 26, 2016 9:31 PM

Oct 2016
demn episode made my eyes drool..
Oct 26, 2016 10:50 PM

Apr 2011
The episode made me teary eyed. That was bi of a heavy drama. Glad that it ended well for the two. Yuko teasing Natsuko was quite cute.
Oct 26, 2016 10:50 PM

May 2012
So...ultimately, this was a silly misunderstanding that could've been easily resolved had no one interfered like Asuka? I agree with Kumiko on how Asuka is probably a pretty cynical person, though I kind of agree on how Mizore was acting pretty selfishly when compared to Nozomi who had Mizore's apparent best interests at heart

Glad to see a happy ending between the two though, or three if you include Yuuko

I love how Reina acts something of an anchor for Kumiko in all this drama. Still love their friendship.

Still looking forward to whenever Asuka's facade crumbles x_x

Oct 26, 2016 11:01 PM

Sep 2013
I kinda like the fact that Reina always has the best answers in all those complicated questions every episode.. really the best, at least for Kumiko. They always end the episodes with her..

and that "eh? eh?" of Nozomi and Mizore is too funny. Stupid, yet funny. haha

plus the ' yabai yabai yabai yabai yabai yo"

this episode is too gay
Erika___Oct 26, 2016 11:17 PM
Oct 26, 2016 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
More nonsense complaining from a episode topic? What a surprise.
404 not found
I'm sorry, can you please repeat the question?
CabronOct 27, 2016 1:08 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 26, 2016 11:45 PM
Dec 2013
This season is all about "classroom politic"...
Oct 27, 2016 12:39 AM
May 2016
An emotional episode we got there. I like that teasing part of Yoko to Natsuki.
Glad that the problem between Nozomi and Mizure are resolved. Asuka really is a mysterious girl, I really want to know more about her.
Oct 27, 2016 2:12 AM
Aug 2015
Shirasho said:

An ensemble of what? I agree with CondemeDio here. This season is less about the music and more about (subjectively) uninteresting personal issues. From a SoL perspective this season is quite good, but that is not what I am watching Hibike for. I am watching it for the music and the struggle of getting to nationals or whatever. The first season really did a good job with that, but this season we are barely seeing any progression on the musical front. Compared to the first season this is going a completely different direction.

I agree, in season in the first episodes we saw the band training for the Marines Hymn and the SunFes (which takes place at episode 5), and then for the competitions (although I didn't like the audition part) and this season we barely got music (except for the last scene of episode 3 when Asuka is playing).

People say if we watch this show for its musical aspects we are watching the wrong show, but I enjoyed the first season for its musical aspects, the band problems (each section not training the way they should until Taki comes, Aoi quiting the band which was more realistic than the Nozomi-Mizore problem), Kumiko interactions with other people (until the yuri bait came)...

I was watching this show for what it was, I don't even know why they went for the yuri bait. Because of fans who were shipping Kumiko and Reina ? Because Kyo Ani likes to add fan service ? But according to me it felt so awkward that I couldn't be interested in this relationship. Until episode 8, it was a good show about a brass band club, then there were too much yuri bait and drama (with Yuko about Kaori's audition) for nothing. For me it was just a waste of time but fortunately the last episodes were really good. But then season 2 is more like : yuri bait and uninteresting personal issues (for this first episodes).

Kumiko sticks her nose in the second year problems but she was just a spectator in the end. I'm not saying that this is bad, but it felt weird that Mizore just speaks to her while she's a very shy girl. And the drama... they're overdoing it. We saw that Yuko can be nice but this misunderstanding... I mean Mizore and Nozomi just wanted to apologize to each other, it's not like Mizore has something against Nozomi.

I don't dislike the characters (the second years) but they really should have talk to each other earlier, I mean, it's been a year since Nozomi quit the band right ? Don't really like when there's too much drama for nothing.

We see more about Asuka's point of view, she was just waiting. I can understand her since she doesn't want to band to be affected by the problem. Shuuichi's intuition was good (in season 1), she's not as nice as it seems but according to me she's interesting. Hope we'll see more about her (and about Hazuki and Sapphire !! Kumiko doesn't even go to home with them...)
Oct 27, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
The Mizore-Nozomi arc finally wraps up.

Oh God, that 180 Yuuko just did though... Definitely the one who deserves all the spotlights for now.

Now then, I really wonder about what's going to happen next week. Will it be finally Asuka's turn to unveil her mask? Or maybe we'll be going to enter Mamiko's story instead? Either way, I'm so excited about it.

By the way, where the heck are both Hazuki and Sapphire? They're no longer a part of the MC if this keeps up...
Oct 27, 2016 3:12 AM

May 2015
that was well written
Oct 27, 2016 5:44 AM

Apr 2016
It's true we had less music so far, but we are only at episode 4 and actually there is improvement too on this aspect since Mizore will be able to give her best for the solo now that her heart feel lighter. A performance depends also on the artists' state of mind, mizore's oboe will be perhaps the little plus that brings gold, who knows.

I love this show for the slice of life aspect, I never thought at first that I would like an anime which theme is a bunch of girl playing in a brassband. I think the second season is on paar or even better than the first one in this regard, we got so much character development for so many protagonists, yes also new ones or "secondary" ones, but this shift is not bad. The comedy aspect changed too. It was more obvious in the first season while it is now more subtle.

Only criticism in this episode : I can buy ignoring someone a whole year or more because of a misunderstanding, that happens everywhere, however running away, hiding and crying just because this someone says hello is a bit over the top. Well I will take that Mizore is hyper sensible and go with the show and the writing, in the end, I cried too :) What an asymetrical relationship we had there!

Another bad point for Asuka : she long guessed, these two had to talk, but prevented that to happen (and was preventing Mizore to play Oboe really well -- > bad for the competition (but she didn't understand that))
Good point : once it was not possible anymore to wait, she gave a little push to Nozomi (give her her oboe!)
I hope they will put some light in her personality that might help me like and understand this character a bit more.

More light needed aswell : I still wonder what's the deal with the big sister.

Best image : Yuuko bringing Mizore's face in the light of the sun.
Kyoani did also tease the "shippers", shifting the focus of the camera to the sky when Kumiko probably hugged Reina at the end of this great episode :)
Oct 27, 2016 5:48 AM

Sep 2015
This second season is really becoming so good, alot better than season 1...

This episode was just outstanding, loved the drama and when I found out the reason why she was avoiding Nozomi, it was so relatable.... personally one of my favorite episodes of this series. 5/5
Oct 27, 2016 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
Damn it Hibike! I was not trying to cry this morning!
Oct 27, 2016 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
This time it is the story of my comfort zone, I especially liked the way the script. The question as it has been exposed and resolved, thanks to the end, is appreciable in the motivations and decisions; But give some other episode more, perhaps would have helped in resolving the issue, more useful way, without rushing the events. Drawings, animations and soundtrack, great. Excellent work done on the characters, makes more and more beautiful anime series at the level of interpersonal relationships.
Great job by the KyoAni.
Oct 27, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2008
How long did Mizore and Nozomi did not see each other? Is it possible that in Japan high school that people won't be able to meet each other for such a long time even though they attend the same school? Back in my school days. I see and come across friends from other class quite often.

Ribbon girl is better here.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 27, 2016 8:26 AM
Nov 2015
Im sure Im nto the only one who thought the Mizore/Nozomi drama was really petty. I mean Mizore was traumatized for gods sake It made me think something serious actually happened. It was a real let down I was anticipating some deeper stuff about Nozomi since she did something so "horrible" without herself even knowing but turns out she didnt actually do anything. Im guessing Mizore has social anxiety or it wouldnt have been so serious

Also with everyone blaming Nozomi so much it really makes me feel sorry for her like instead of blatantly getting mad at her someone shpuldve told to her
I have to agree I really liked Yuuko in this episdoe too
Oct 27, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't really feel Mizore, what a strange course of action/train of thought, felt really really really petty to me

Thus felt a tad overdramatic for me
LanzOct 27, 2016 9:31 AM
Oct 27, 2016 10:43 AM

May 2015
Thank god it's over. Waiting for more interesting stories. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 27, 2016 11:32 AM
Aug 2016
The conclusion of this drama is quite akward. Do such a thing for this, this is my feeling. With the behaviour of Mizore, the reason and the conclusion should have been way more deeper. But I think about this and don't find any good solution of this drama, so I was expected it will not be great, and so I'm not so disappointed by that. A bad point is that there too much fanservice in the denouement scene. The press cheek must be reserve only for KumiRei !!! reuse that retrieve the power of this act.

The major bad point to this episode and the previous episode is no sign of other character(hazuki, saphirre, shuishi, even Reina except in the end, and still not a part of the main plot). It was already the case during the previous episode, but here is even more obvious. It is always the same schema, Kumiko who are involved in something she mustn't, assist to a discussion she mustn't hear. Damn Kumiko, you are always alone, where are your friend ? The repetition of this schema make it unreal, not credible. I hope now this arc is finish, that this will change. And I hope the drama with it family will be interesting.

But the arc itself is pretty cool until that episode, just that the ending was as expected, dissapointing. I like the idea of the conclusion with, why do you play ? but the illustration by the drama Nozomi/Mizore is too akward to be good, so this idea is not well exploited
One thing is very mysterious for me, and I surprise this conclusion don"t answer : Why Gotô and Nagase senpai was that irritated by Nozomi ? Just bzcause she leave ? It doesn't make sens for me.
zudaOct 27, 2016 11:42 AM
Oct 27, 2016 1:35 PM
Sep 2016
Everyone in the music club is still practicing hard for the Kansai Competition which is good! Glad to see the conflict between Mizore and Nozomi being resolved,hopefully everything goes well until the competition.
Oct 27, 2016 4:22 PM

Feb 2015
Good end to a solid arc, not bad at all.

Hoping for more focus on the main 4 girls again as well as getting into the real Asuka.
Oct 27, 2016 6:15 PM

Aug 2012
-Kumiko's voice when she was talking to Nozomi in the empty classroom was pretty well-acted.
-Speaking of which, I loved that scene and thought it was pretty adorable.

So it turns out Mizore's reasons for not wanting anything to do with Nozomi were a lot simpler than what I initially thought, but that only made the whole scene seem a ton more adorable. Even Nozomi's reason for not informing Mizore about her desertion was just as simple. Pretty much everything in the scene was so adorably simple. It felt like nothing too important happened during the first half of the episode, though.
Oct 27, 2016 6:54 PM

Oct 2013
Pen3 said:
ZuzuMiBachi said:
I never liked yuko, until this episode. She went from being an annoying fan girl, to someone who actually cared about others.

She always did cared for others. She is loyal to a fault.

My conclusion exactly. Her irritating behavior in S1 was her loyalty to Kaori, who she admired, but the feelings were not mutual. Yuko is actually selfless to the point that it is to her own detriment.
Oct 27, 2016 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
The Mizore/Nozomi arc has ended, does this mean Nozomi is back in the club?

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but didn't Asuka tell Kumiko that Mizore hated Nozomi? If so, then that makes Asuka something of a c**t.

About the drama. I happen to find the drama believable. In my own current employment there is near-constant drama over petty misunderstandings, mainly between female co-workers. Most are in their 30's and 40's.

I can even think of the stupid fights I got into back in my school days. In one dispute that I'm still ashamed of, I challenged a friend of mine to a fight because he was drifting away from our peer group. In my primitive state I took offense to him wanting to hang out with other friends. It even came down to a confrontation on the way home from school and he cried because he was so afraid of me. I walked away in shame but never talked to him again. Sometimes I wish I could travel back in time to apologize to several (hundred) people.
Oct 27, 2016 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
Well that got resolved a lot faster than I expected.

...what now
Oct 27, 2016 10:26 PM

Dec 2009
kamil88 said:
animefan8800 said:
Asuka actually knew the whole time and was deliberately waiting until after the competition to mend the situation. I...I'm legit stunned. Heartless can't begin to describe her. And she's a fan favorite...somehow. .

That's how Asuka is, even with that solo conflict she said "I don't give a damn". She seem to be type of person, who avoid conflict and remains neutral, even if one side is clearly right, i can see it may annoy some people.

The thing is, she doesn't just try to remain neutral towards conflict, she doesn't care whether there even *is* any conflict around her. She adamantly refuses to be concerned about anything she doesn't want to be bothered with, even if it means pouring oil into the fire, and seems perfectly happy to watch the world burn around her, as long as it doesn't inconvenience her personally. I'm starting to dislike her more and more as this show goes on; apparently I'm not the only one.
Oct 28, 2016 3:38 AM
Aug 2016
shanimebib said:
At this point of time, many of us who don't have any knowledge of the novel would not realize the importance of this episode. This episode actually connects episode 1 of season 1 and the last chapter of the final volume, volume 3. I will refrain from spoiling the rest of us here.

If they touch vol. 3 at all, I will refer this episode to show the importance of this episode. Until then I will keep my mouth shut.

You seems to have read the novel. Can you read japanese ? Or we can bought the novel in understandable language (french or english for me) ? I would love to read the novel to compare it with the first season.
Oct 28, 2016 6:36 AM

Sep 2016
i guess its the end of that story

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Oct 28, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2015
LOL, the score suddenly dropped
Oct 28, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2007
zuda said:
shanimebib said:

If they would touch vol. 3 at all, I will refer this episode to show the importance of this episode. Until then I will keep my mouth shut.

You seems to have read the novel. Can you read japanese ? Or we can bought the novel in understandable language (french or english for me) ? I would love to read the novel to compare it with the first season.

I cannot read any Japanese (that is the absolute truth). There is also no complete translation available in English other than chapter one of volume one. I dunno about any other languages.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 28, 2016 12:22 PM
Oct 2016
I just thought the build up was too high...I mean, when she was feeling sick just from hearing that certain song, I thought her problem was near trauma level...Turns out it was just extreme attachment and fear of returning to eternal loneliness, and simply hearing that song TRIGGERED her thoughts of being rejected by her only friend...

This arc also gave more insight into Asuka...I feel like those little bits of information we have about her will all come together to set up Asuka's own arc...
You_Dont_Know_MeOct 28, 2016 12:25 PM
This is someone's alt account...Guess who?
Oct 28, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2009
This was such a wonderful ep...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 28, 2016 2:35 PM
Oct 2016
I'm still waiting for this http://i58.tinypic.com/2yxgoj4.jpg

Nah, just kidding. I'm done with that kumirei dream. On the other hand, this was a memorable episode. I thought all this drama was crap in the episode 3, which it has been the worst of this season (in my opinion), but I was wrong. I almost cried watching this one T.T
Oct 28, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2015
THIS SHOW IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Oct 29, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2016
I never thought Mizore x Nozomi's problem will be solved in this episode... I thought it will be in the next episode... And ninja, stop cutting onion you bastard!
I actually really glad seeing Mizore can healed up...
Oct 29, 2016 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
Finally we get to see what was the problem between Mizore and Nozomi. Nothing too dramatic but it's understandable why she was so hurt, it sucks to feel like that. Even though Nozomi didn't do anything wrong. Anyway, it's good to see that everything is clear now. I liked Asuka's attitude in this whole situation, she managed to somehow not get more involved than necessary.

Yuuko and Natsuki never cease to amuse me😂 I love their interactions.
Oct 29, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2015
Not a bad ep although I'm having a hard time being engaged with all the characters, I just don't really find the story and drama to be that compelling, nice art though
Oct 29, 2016 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Shirasho said:
Neromon said:

I have no idea what you're on about. Euphonium has always been an ensemble story, told through Kumiko's perspective. I'd say she's actually being more active this season.

To me the music was always the boring part so I like this development.
Oct 29, 2016 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
really an amazing ep and also really happy to see everything resolved and tbh i should have know that was the real issue just because of how Mizore is but the emotions this ep especially when Mizore started to show her feelings and everything was a great ep all in all and im glad that everything worked out in the end

but now that its over what i really want now is some Asuka time as i just feel out of all the characters she's the one that seemed to be left out the most when it comes to a lot of things so really hoping for some Asuka time
"one step at a time"
Oct 29, 2016 8:11 PM

May 2010
And so first arc seems completed, finally! Far from being my favourite, based on some pretty silly misunderstanding, I was hoping there was something more to that plotline. Btw Nozomi is some good friend lol, wouldn't want to meet her irl.
On the other hand, I really started loving Yuuko during this season :3 She's super cuuuute~

Hopefully now we will get something more interesting.
Oct 30, 2016 12:28 AM

Jul 2011
I'm... actually a little disappointed that was all. I mean after all that build up, that's all we get for story?? (Plus I was way too distracted by how Yuko was being physical with Mizore...) Though of course they're not really important characters imo. I guess this was maybe meant to lead into future arcs.

Asuka's heartless...? well so what lol. She's cynical, not a naive nosy person, and obviously has her own reason for doing things. It's better that she didn't insincerely get involved in the drama with people she's not even friends with (like Kumiko). It was resolved nicely this episode, but couldn't it have very well made it worse for Mizore, an important member of the band? It seems to me that winning the nationals is her sole focus and main priority, and I'm very curious to see why that is. That was reinforced with her line to Kumiko as well. I'm also curious about Kumiko's family drama.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.