Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they sort of went all out on the finale...

Not sure how I feel about the whole mecha conflict in the end as it seemed rushed. Well it was a wrap so whatever...

I liked season 1 better tbh.
Sep 25, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
Willwear in space for the last episode plus the music from first season. Now this is "grand". And somehow that launch initiation process looks cooler than the space battle, even after the Susano'o mode activate.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 25, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
This episode really makes my heart pumping and become more anticipating in this episode. So hype when everyone is preparing to go outer space last mission. All the oscars series help Kuroki up to the space very cool. Kuroki maybe alive at the end, but the mission really is dangerous with possible death.

Who would have thought the mysterious pickpocket girl A-ko part of the plot at the very end lol, code name "ape" or "monkey":) She can be the season 3 boss, if there is one.

Really lol at Sena and Miho, she really become yandere and scary. Best episode of this series.
valvravetruthSep 25, 2016 1:52 PM
Sep 25, 2016 12:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was way better than S1 imo
Sep 25, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
They definitely did go all out here. Pretty damn good finale if a bit rushed near the end. What happened to Bird was priceless though. (Also Pickpocket-chan was a pawn for him this whole time. Who would've guessed?)

Overall, throughout the 24 (Technically 22 because I didn't bother picking this up until the 2nd or 3rd episode rolled around) weeks I had with the series I had a great time with it. It was just the right amount of camp and over the top hilarity with a surprisingly engaging plot despite its corniness. Adios Active Raid, it was nice meeting ya.

9/10
Sep 25, 2016 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
Nice end. I was really surprised when it looked like Kuroki died. And nobody had the motivation to tell Sena after that reaction?

Who was the girl with Bird, though? Also S3 in the making? Kuroki said he is going to look for Mythis sister after all. Why did they have to put that scene in...

Seriously... Like this anime sold enough to justify another season considering the MAL score (I know it means nothing but 6.0 for the first season and 6.4 for the second season is at least an indication this didn't do too well).

Besides. This is a good point to end it. Overall I enjoyed it.
Sep 25, 2016 2:28 PM
Oct 2009
Nanashi said:
Seriously... Like this anime sold enough to justify another season considering the MAL score (I know it means nothing but 6.0 for the first season and 6.4 for the second season is at least an indication this didn't do too well).

That is not really much of an indication if we are being honest here. MAL is mostly meant to reflect the opinions of a certain set of international viewers and such scores are influenced by many factors.

However, this website does not represent most Japanese viewers, which is the main audience that actually matters to the creators and producers of anime. Everything else is less important.

Even on Nicovideo, which is streaming the series in Japan, Active Raid performed a lot better than on MAL. Japanese fans tend to rank it somewhere around the middle of the season. Not the best, of course, but not the worst.
Sep 25, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
Bro, I still want to know who is Baba Mitchie. :')

The action was amazing. The plot was rushed bit I can live with that.

A solid series.
Sep 25, 2016 5:46 PM

Apr 2015
Mediocre ending to a mediocre series. Actually, I think this series did better with mystery and political intrigue than with straight up action.

The second season definitely paled compared to the first (as it was). It somehow managed to have even weaker character development. I had fun watching, but I didn't really care about the characters.
Sep 25, 2016 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
jgomezg said:
That is not really much of an indication if we are being honest here. MAL is mostly meant to reflect the opinions of a certain set of international viewers and such scores are influenced by many factors.

However, this website does not represent most Japanese viewers, which is the main audience that actually matters to the creators and producers of anime. Everything else is less important.

Even on Nicovideo, which is streaming the series in Japan, Active Raid performed a lot better than on MAL. Japanese fans tend to rank it somewhere around the middle of the season. Not the best, of course, but not the worst.

Agree with you. Well from the start this is a western website cater to international anime watcher, so to the members here scores are pretty much like godlike. Many doesn't know that there is a difference in taste between Japanese and the westerns, the thought of western having higher critique value than Japanese is wrong too given their history in anime. But in the end no one really cares nowadays.
Sep 25, 2016 7:35 PM

Apr 2009
hmm and anyway Kuroki Takeru is just a worst version of Tony Montana aka "Scarface" and he should die instead in the finale of this show :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Sep 25, 2016 7:59 PM

May 2016
valvravetruth said:
jgomezg said:

Agree with you. Well from the start this is a western website cater to international anime watcher, so to the members here scores are pretty much like godlike. Many doesn't know that there is a difference in taste between Japanese and the westerns, the thought of western having higher critique value than Japanese is wrong too given their history in anime. But in the end no one really cares nowadays.

Active Raid had a few things going against it for western taste,
Episodic (non comedy or s.o.l)
Mecha
Campy/not serious
Idols
CGI
I wonder how else western and Japanese taste differ. I can think of Japanese/western culture/setting focus doing better in their respective place and moe.

As for the episode and series, I actually like season 2 as much, if not a little better.
TakenMalUsernameSep 25, 2016 8:04 PM
Sep 25, 2016 8:18 PM

Mar 2014
Little rushed but was pretty cool the space battle and really liked that everyone participate in this weird launch. Bird being was pretty easy, since he really succeed in season 1 to leave at time. And lol, poor Sena, Kuroki keeps trolling him even if he is the one who is most concerned about Kuroki.

It was fine the whole 2nd season, maybe is not a stella anime but is the best to keep me entertained since there is not much to watch in the days that it airs (like today sunday where the other anime that I watch is Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V).

Definitely a 8/10

It looks that gonna have a 3rd season so going to watch it for sure.
Sep 25, 2016 9:47 PM

Jun 2012
Hopefully this is the last of Active raid, most of the episodes are just nonsense.
Sep 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Jun 2014
Enjoyed this season much more than the first!

8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 26, 2016 3:47 AM

Dec 2013
Not sure what irked some of you, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. This was one of the better shows this season with probably better QC (not as many derp faces compared to most shows), and quite a fun story.

As always, I've been a big fan of the Sena-Miho pairing since last season and after watching Sena dodge her at every turn, we finally get Miho laying the smack down on him after his thoroughly clueless performance. Same went for Bird and Rin's little sister, though I would have preferred a little less of the potty mouth S of an employee of Sena's.

Would definitely not mind a third season. The way they set up the premises is always oh so clever.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 26, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2008
Burger-Meister said:
They definitely did go all out here. Pretty damn good finale if a bit rushed near the end. What happened to Bird was priceless though. (Also Pickpocket-chan was a pawn for him this whole time. Who would've guessed?)

She is Ape, aka another part of Logos rather than a pawn. If anything, her "I'm going to leave the country" suggests that she was aware of the fact that she was being followed and intentionally screwed Bird. In other words, it looks like he may have been her pawn.

As for guesses... she appeared in every episode, half of time in suspicious places. Honestly, I thought it was only a matter of time until it was revealed that she was not just a random character.
Sep 26, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Kuroki was able to make it back to the Earth!
Sep 26, 2016 3:07 PM

Oct 2008
This was definitely better than the first season, we had much less crap cgi as well. All in all im satisfyed. 7/10.
Sep 26, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2007
Very predictable. Somewhat silly. Rushed ending. Yet more fun than it had any right to be. Sums up both the episode and the series. Not the greatest, but I'm certainly satisfied with it.

Most importantly, I had to rewatch the scene where Hinata nails Hachijou several times. I couldn't get enough of her victory pose. Nice little reference there.
Sep 27, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
I really reallly like Kuroki so I continued watching the series only because of him. But all in all...... WTF was that. Inagi's reaction when he was exposed was lame and very cliche. The whole idea and the plot was pretty cliche and plain.
There were so many plotlines to develop (like when Kuroki almost got his memories overwritten in the beginning of the second season, and had a hallucination about it afterwards), or develop the characters more. The show was VERY superficial, I can't even call it mediocre. Lovely characters, tons of potential. I feel like the creators thought that it was their mission to plug the time slot hole with some anime for the sake of airing it.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Sep 27, 2016 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
I loved it more than S1.
It was enjoyable ride overall tbh.

But all that foreshadowing at the end of episode 2 was for nothing? Maybe they plan to resolve it in S3? ;o
Sep 27, 2016 9:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After last weeks revelation things are definitely more dangerous this week

Still the threat of a object as large as a space elevator crashing into
Tokyo though is very real and can cause a lot of damage and combined with all the explosives that are in it even more so.

Wow a joint police and military operation to stop that thing from falling to Earth
and destroying Japan

Its nice to see everyone working together to stop a extinction level event from happening and its nice to see Madoka again

Figures that it will be kuroki that goes into space but he is the main character in this season so its to be expected.

Emelia has come a long way from the first episode
she's much braver and can use the same willwear that she was trapped in without
any problems

Lol and Sena finally manages to call his ex
she's not that scary you know well not when she's calm

The deployment part where the whole of unit 8 and Asami deployed was cool
as it showed them all being equipped at once.

Even though Kuroki was the only one going into space to see everyone else provide support was hearwarming

using their attacks to help him gain the necessary altitude was a pretty inventive
idea

And seeing all the willwears that the two teams deploy was also pretty nice

To think that there will be willwear combat in outer space
wow

Animations for this episode as well as the combat scenes were well done
all across the episode but especially for the space scenes.

Its rare for the police chief, the boss and asami all agreeing for one thing lol

wow susanno mode was awesome

Kuroki was lucky that Jirou was on the ball though
guess having a evil genus work for you can be good sometimes

Glad that bird was finally arrested
but man at least Hinata managed to get the last punch lol
he so deserved it for what he did to her.

And to end it all a welcome back party for Kuroki lol
figures sena didn't get the memo

hope that there will be a season 3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 9:31 AM
Dec 2008
LeeNoriega said:
I really reallly like Kuroki so I continued watching the series only because of him. But all in all...... WTF was that. Inagi's reaction when he was exposed was lame and very cliche.

Sounds a little strange. If you really liked Kuroki, I'd guess you'd enjoy the final episode where he got some time to shine. I thought that was fun and the space sequence was cool. Not the most original, but nothing about it seemed "WTF" to me either.

On that same note, what they did with Inagi was alright in my view. He had good intentions but simply got carried away. The only other likely alternative would have been to kill him, which would feel far too harsh. This way he gets the opportunity to reform and for me that's not a problem.

There were so many plotlines to develop (like when Kuroki almost got his memories overwritten in the beginning of the second season, and had a hallucination about it afterwards), or develop the characters more.

I would tend to disagree, since that was simply an episodic story and they didn't suggest it would become the focus of a huge plotline.

It was always as superficial show, but that's exactly what it wanted to be. There's nothing wrong with such a thing, in my opinion, unless you expect tons of depth from absolutely everything in your entertainment choices. It's fine if you do, but I am glad that I didn't have such expectations and enjoyed the series.
Sep 28, 2016 1:31 AM

Apr 2011
great launch scene!!!
sena and the usdf girl haha.

bird being... uh...

Sep 29, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Wait, only 9,000 members watch this? What the fuck? I can't blame them since S1 kinda sucks.
Well this season improved but still not a good one, So I'll rate this anime a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 29, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
Well it was an alright end for an ok series. Better than the first season.
Sep 29, 2016 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
What a teriffic final episode, i waited nearly a week to watch it because i didnt want it to end
But again, great final episode (Might mostly be due to all the Asami goodness, she looked so beautiful in that dress at the end)
I went from Sad to Ecstatic when i thought Kuroki died, but i was so happy that he ended up living even though it was such an ass pull
Not as great as season one in my opinion, but still a damn good end to a damn good series
9/10
Doubt we'll ever get one, but would love a season three!
Sep 29, 2016 11:51 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely have some mixed feelings about this second half.

On the plus side:
- All of the episodic things kind of linked together. Turns out all of those unrelated random events in the first 9 or so episodes were pretty much all orchestrated by Inagi and Bird. I think they could've made some more subtle references during those episodes to hint at that rather than just one episode where they're like "yea Inagi is probably a bad guy...oh here's proof". But it's better than nothing.
- LESS ASAMI. Holy fuck, she was such a cunt in the first half. I'm glad she got sent to that other team. But even on that other team, she became an even bigger cunt because her ego was fucking spilling out of her ears. She may have gotten even worse, but her screen time was reduced and she became like a character who just showed up to be the butt of every joke for 2 minutes.
- Hinata punching Hachijou....it was fucking awesome.
- The political plotline and stuff was definitely more interesting than a bunch of angsty teens hacking the interwebs.

Now, there were plenty of things I disliked as well:
- Mythos's sister. Basically the entire reason he stopped his rampage willingly last season was because they promised to find his sister. Why the fuck they just decided to throw that on the back burner is beyond me. I was actually stunned when they mentioned it briefly in the last episode, because I assumed the writers forgot. I was really expecting him to be reunited with this sister, or for them to mention it...and episode after episode they just never did anything with it.
- Replacement characters. They were completely pointless and provided nothing to the show. That blonde girl had that one episode devoted to her fear of Willwear and stuff, but then after that she went back to being a side character with no growth until the final episode. They made her seem interesting but never followed through. The glasses girl who's afraid of people was just a worthless fuck used as a comedic gag every few episodes. They could've not included her and the show would literally be the same. The obnoxious swearing pink haired boss was....weird. At first I thought she was funny, then she got annoying. If that's all they were going to use her for was censored American swear words, I'd rather they just used her smoking hot body for more fanservice.
- Lack of Miho x Sena. That was like the one ship that seemed to be going somewhere in the first half. Then in the second half, he inexplicably dumped her, dodges her calls, and she becomes like a half yandere over him. I don't understand why they didn't just become a couple, especially when there was no real context for their breakup either.
- Ape girl...or whatever the hell her alias was. She like wasn't even remotely important at all to the story except when they mentioned she was being tracked at the end. But, the OP credits already basically gave away her importance to the story, so when they admitted they tracked her it wasn't really surprising.

I also didn't like how once they arrested Inagi, like that was it. We didn't see anything more about him or the aftermath of what he did. Did he get prison time or did he take a deal? Did they all try to fuck with him and make him think that Kuroki died? Just felt like "ok you're caught, moving on!"

It was decent. Still hard for me to say which half was better than the other.
Oct 2, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the finale! Will miss this anime
Oct 3, 2016 8:45 AM
Apr 2014
jgomezg said:
Nanashi said:

as I mentioned. it is not representative. but for an anime with a score of 6 to have a much better score in japan there probably has to be more than the average mecha story.
Oct 3, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2011
Season 3 Please! !!!!!
Oct 3, 2016 6:26 PM

Mar 2016
Komomo said:
great launch scene!!!
sena and the usdf girl haha.

bird being... uh...

Bird was really enjoying his "game", just looking at these gifs I can't stop laughing.

I really enjoyed this season as well as the last, felt there was a more rushed pace in this season though. I can't believe I thought they'd actually kill Kuroki but I guess there wasn't really anytime to really feel sad about it because you straight away find out he's actually alive. Sena was so funny though, worry about change xD
Oct 8, 2016 12:28 AM
Mar 2012
Better overall than s1, gets +2. They no longer dwell on silly district approval/denials, or excessive techno mumble. Animation got better, esp Orange's cg mechs had some great action & improved cartoony feel (leagues ahead of mech newbie paworks, tho they just started with Kuromukuro & will also levelup if they keep trying).
Kinda rushed arcs, but near every arc was more interesting than this bland season, and how the main plot connected back to details in each arc & s1 was good. Often episodic stories just forget the past, here most events/characters have a point, even brainwashing tech was later used to silence the autopsy Doc, A-ko appears in most bgs every episode & becomes relevant.
Most new chars unfortunately pointless, a drag like Asami's slaves. Only Emilia had a relevant backstory, cool centaur mech, can never have enough cute Polish blondes.
Tho the oldies, Kuroki & Inagi relation, insane Asami, Sena's misadventures added a lot to their fun characters.
I can't believe this is more entertaining & meaningful than both Macross plot and Kuromukuro's action. Besides the main plot from Inagi/Bird, there's the running theme on otaku culture: cg vs traditional stopmotion kaiju, old school super robo, bizarre idol, & seiyuu salty bombers.
Want an s3, perhaps on finding Mythos' imouto or fighting int'l crime with Asami wrecking everything.
Oct 12, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
The launch sequence from earth to space was awesome!
4/5.
7/10.

Oct 16, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2008
Jonesy974 said:
Definitely have some mixed feelings about this second half.

On the plus side:
- All of the episodic things kind of linked together. Turns out all of those unrelated random events in the first 9 or so episodes were pretty much all orchestrated by Inagi and Bird. I think they could've made some more subtle references during those episodes to hint at that rather than just one episode where they're like "yea Inagi is probably a bad guy...oh here's proof". But it's better than nothing.
- LESS ASAMI. Holy fuck, she was such a cunt in the first half. I'm glad she got sent to that other team. But even on that other team, she became an even bigger cunt because her ego was fucking spilling out of her ears. She may have gotten even worse, but her screen time was reduced and she became like a character who just showed up to be the butt of every joke for 2 minutes.
- Hinata punching Hachijou....it was fucking awesome.
- The political plotline and stuff was definitely more interesting than a bunch of angsty teens hacking the interwebs.

Now, there were plenty of things I disliked as well:
- Mythos's sister. Basically the entire reason he stopped his rampage willingly last season was because they promised to find his sister. Why the fuck they just decided to throw that on the back burner is beyond me. I was actually stunned when they mentioned it briefly in the last episode, because I assumed the writers forgot. I was really expecting him to be reunited with this sister, or for them to mention it...and episode after episode they just never did anything with it.
- Replacement characters. They were completely pointless and provided nothing to the show. That blonde girl had that one episode devoted to her fear of Willwear and stuff, but then after that she went back to being a side character with no growth until the final episode. They made her seem interesting but never followed through. The glasses girl who's afraid of people was just a worthless fuck used as a comedic gag every few episodes. They could've not included her and the show would literally be the same. The obnoxious swearing pink haired boss was....weird. At first I thought she was funny, then she got annoying. If that's all they were going to use her for was censored American swear words, I'd rather they just used her smoking hot body for more fanservice.
- Lack of Miho x Sena. That was like the one ship that seemed to be going somewhere in the first half. Then in the second half, he inexplicably dumped her, dodges her calls, and she becomes like a half yandere over him. I don't understand why they didn't just become a couple, especially when there was no real context for their breakup either.
- Ape girl...or whatever the hell her alias was. She like wasn't even remotely important at all to the story except when they mentioned she was being tracked at the end. But, the OP credits already basically gave away her importance to the story, so when they admitted they tracked her it wasn't really surprising.

I also didn't like how once they arrested Inagi, like that was it. We didn't see anything more about him or the aftermath of what he did. Did he get prison time or did he take a deal? Did they all try to fuck with him and make him think that Kuroki died? Just felt like "ok you're caught, moving on!"

It was decent. Still hard for me to say which half was better than the other.

I agree with you.
I think S1 has better closure than S2, S2 left many things half in progress.

Don't forget the memory copy thing, I want to know more about it, Takeru seems fine now?
I hope that those half finished things are for S3.

I like how Hinata bring mobile willwear just to punch the senpai. Is it new technology? I didn't see any mobile willwear before that scene. That backpack must be quite heavy.

Nov 13, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
I'll remember this anime mostly for the WillWear, idol otaku and the negative effects of politics.

6/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 15, 2017 7:23 PM

Apr 2009
well u peeps like the WillWear-wearing cops instead of Kevlar wearing soldiers and well this anime gave a trauma and never watched it again
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

May 1, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 2011
Not bad but still lacking something. If S3 please do a Kuroki X Emilia pair XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2019 6:46 PM
Aug 2013
Susanoo mode is too powerful whatever the anime is, huh! ;)
Jirou and Hinata cooperating was very cute ^^
Sena and Miho's interactions also are always the best xD

I liked how everyone participated in launching Kuroki .
Namihei (Kyoukai kun) is awesome as always ^^
and that random girl Ako was not random at all xD
Hinata hitting Hachijou was pure strike and that cute celebration after it :D and I am glad that he was caught finally. way to go Jirou ^^
Kuroki owned it of course.

"社長も立派なクソになったね〜"

God, I will miss this series xD overall it was a very enjoyable and amazing one.
__amaterasu__Jul 26, 2019 6:54 PM
Apr 19, 2022 3:11 PM

Jan 2010
These last few episodes suddenly escalated. They also felt somewhat rushed, as there was little room to breathe in between revelation after revelation. Now suddenly we're in space fighting off a weaponized satellite? Goodness.
May 1, 2022 5:25 AM
Jan 2020
So they rushed it. I feel like they really didn't know what to do with this show at all. So It's kind of a waste. Still pretty enjoyable. The CG was one of the highlights.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

20 by Ronninn »»
May 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

24 by TsunderesTheBest »»
Apr 29, 2022 12:04 PM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

15 by Shocked »»
Apr 18, 2022 9:30 PM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

19 by Shocked »»
Apr 18, 2022 9:03 PM

Poll: » Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hachi Gakari 2nd Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

27 by Shocked »»
Apr 18, 2022 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.