Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 17, 2016 4:37 AM

May 2010
Oo interesting main ingredient for the finale. Nice.
Aug 18, 2016 12:45 PM

Aug 2008
So it's a three-way between Yukihira, Hayama and Kurokiba

Damn, this is gettin' really kinky and that's saying something given all the foodgasms
I forgot how to signature...
Aug 20, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2009
Drake1000 said:
The draw should've been expected when they started the episode by saying how Akira is guaranteed to win, if he won it would've made Kurokiba look bad.
The tournament was super rushed overall, they failed to capture the intensity it had in the manga, Ryo vs Megumi was the only match they really did justice, oh well hopefully they do the finals right.
I was wondering how they would do the three way panel but lmao, Tosh's artwork really enhances the manga so much. This double spread does a good job portraying the intensity of both Hayama and Ryo while showing the nonchalant attitude of Soma, what the anime studio did portrays that they don't give a fuck and just wants to rush, do a halfassed lazy job and be done with it.

dear lord the manga art is so much better than the anime. I should read the manga.

Don't know why I'm not feeling this season of Souma compared to the first. First season seemed a lot more exciting to me.
Aug 21, 2016 3:55 PM

Dec 2009
So the opening hinted that it would go this route. It was expected that we would see a three way final. The conclusion of the match is truly the unknown variable.

Kurokiba and Hayama are probably better cooks than Soma is. But then again Soma is one who would take the underdog title and use it. He will certainly have some kind of ace up his sleeve.
Aug 22, 2016 1:19 AM

Jul 2015
I gotta admit, I'm actually extremely disappointed they pulled the "draw" card for this match. I didn't even pick up on the big hint of it in the OP like many have said, but I still saw it coming a mile away, and it kinda just came across as an excuse for easy hype. It was predictable, cheesy, and cliche. Yeah this series has had moments like that before, but none that felt quite this bad until now.
Aug 22, 2016 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
Finally something surprised me in this anime, but then I didn't watch the OP too closely, because if I would watch it then I would see that coming. I am happy that Ryou is still in the game.
But watching the OP, does it mean that Souma will win?

And why in ending this time we get to see Alice? Wasnt she already in episode where she lost with Souma? :/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 23, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
man that awesome and fucking intense
Aug 23, 2016 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
The western cuisine fight between Hayama & Ryou were a tight match and even went to draw! damn! the final battle will be Hayama vs Ryou vs Souma! super hyped!
5/5!

Aug 24, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2014
I like where this is going ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kurokiba seriously needs to take it down a notch.
Aug 26, 2016 1:19 AM

Oct 2015
that was a surprising outcome between hayama and kurokiba, both advancing to the finals. A three way final will be interesting.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 29, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
Whoops, totally shipping Ryou and Alice super hard now XD Great to see the match between Ryou and Akira! I sure wasn't expecting a draw, but that will certainly make the finals more interesting! Cool to see their unique approaches to prepping and to the dish as well. Judges' reactions are always entertaining too XD Also the cards lol, is this YGO now?! XD The secret ingredient certainly fits everyone's style, so I'm excited for the final round! Looks like Akira's mad too huh, what's he gonna do now?! See, I enjoyed this episode way more than the last one :P
Aug 31, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
I really love how Ryo cooks and scares everyone while doing it but when Alice came and pulled off his scarf he suddenly turned calm XD.

Great episode.

He is about to kill someone hahaha. Epic look on his face.
Sep 6, 2016 4:43 AM
Apr 2016
Best episode of the second season yet. Such intensity and I look forward to the three way finals.
Sep 7, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
When it started to dawn on me earlier that Ryo and Akira would probably tie, I was so hoping for a 3 way final showdown. I also like how they emphasized that the next dish's theme is suited to all 3 of their strengths. Hyped beyond words, the only thing that could make this season better is if Souma really gets to finally face off against Erina.
Sep 25, 2016 4:47 PM

May 2012
Oh this sure is an interesting turn in events! Looking forward to see this threeway match!
Oct 1, 2016 1:50 AM
Mar 2012
It's been too predictable til now, finally nice plot twist to 3way match.
"the little shits!" awesome Ryou, i like his spirit & thought he'd win. Papi, zebra & cardgame imagery were lol, nice they breaking out of the s1 mold.
Oct 1, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2015
Those three at the finals against each other, it'll be the match of the century.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 16, 2016 6:42 AM
May 2012
Damn, I'm so hungry right now.
I know it'll be pretty lame.....but I want Souma to win.
Nov 11, 2016 7:07 AM
Nov 2016
Alice taming Ryo is really funny.

I feel sorry for Hayama if someone farts.
Nov 28, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2015
Gotta love those female judges! :)
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 13, 2017 5:26 AM

May 2013
lol more fanservice this episode
Apr 11, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2015
To be honest I was disappointed to see draw in their competition... now the OP song + visuals are making sense. MC is going to kill two birds with one stone…
Apr 17, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
What a awesome episode. I absolute loved the fight between Ryou and Akira. They are so equal to each other even if they cook completely different things in completely different cooking styles.

Ryou is a real powerhouse. I couldn't really understand why everyone thought this would be an easy win for Akira. He's good no doubt about that, but like we could see not only the smell of dishes decides about it.

The preparation of both looked crazy. Akira could differentiate 12 seasonings? O.o
Ryou making push ups with only one arm. That's a really special prepartion for a cooking duel. :D

Souma felt really well between Erina and Alice haha.

I haven't really thought about it but know the hints in the OP make sense about the fight between Souma, Ryou and Akira. Also the first time we saw someone from the jury couldn't decide about who was better. But it seems every single one of the jury had a hard time to decide.

Souma will have a hard time that's for sure. These two are so strong. But he doesn't seem uncertain. Like usual he only sees the possibility to climb to the top. The theme will be mackerel. Normally something you would say Ryou has a little advantage.

The conversation of these 3 at the end was cool. Can't believe how different is as a person without his bandana. Like Souma said this is so bamboozling :D

I'm soooo excited to see what will happen next.

May 26, 2017 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
3-way finals will be interesting. I like how Ryou goes from crazy to calm instantly when his bandana is taken off haha.

I'm looking forward to the preparation episode!
Jun 23, 2017 7:13 PM

Mar 2013
I swear Ryou cracks me up, especially when he told one of the judges to "quit yappin'" and start eating lol. He is easily my favorite character. Okamoto Nobuhiko is such an awesome VA. <3
Sep 14, 2017 4:03 AM

Aug 2013
An intense fight between Hayama and Ryou ending in a draw. Loved the reactions from the female judges. Ryou's mood swings are amusing.

Three way match between Souma, Hayama and Ryou. Hayama's face at the end... he showed he can be serious.

Oct 24, 2017 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
Probably, the culinary challenges that do not include the protagonist Yukihira are much more attractive: when he is there the episode is too hasty and does not emanate all that orgasmic expression in the culinary representations. In the beginning I favored Ryou's character, for the law that sees always the one who is in difficulty or at least the appearance, but the clash ended in equal I was very astonished, wow! There is a beautiful battle at three, I hope not to leap from the beginning the judgment on the three contenders.
Nov 9, 2017 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Tbh Ryou is getting annoying with his overly aggressive attitude all the time. I don't like the fact that awesome Alice loses against that moron...
Feb 6, 2018 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
Akira is tied up. Did he get kidnapped? Oh nvm. He's just smelling.
Ryou is ripped. lol at Alice.
lol at Souma with Erina.
Nikumi oppai.
Sonoka looking so perfect.
Time to get your Shokugeki on.
Sonoka oppai.
Alice oppai.
lol at Souma having a Nakiri harem.
Ryou survived in a kitchen straight out of hell? So hell's kitchen.
lol at Ryou saying he doesn't care.
I want to make you melt, Sonoka.
Duck Hinako! LAWD! Dat body!

Hinako: Even after you've chewed and swallowed the bite, the fragrance continues to spread throughout your nose and mouth.
Me: That's what she said.

SUGOI! Duck Sonoka! LAWD! Dat body!
Show Sonoka booty!

Sonoka: What a massive portion size!
Me: That's what she said.

Lucky Eel wrapped around Sonoka. Show Sonoka nipples!
Sonoka oppai. LAWD!
Tiger got Akira by the leg.
Oh shit! Tied 2-2. The spotlight is on the new waifu Sonoka. Ganbatte! Sonoka!
She can't decide?
How dare you yell at Sonoka, Ryou? You'll pay!
Shut the fuck up you assholes! Don't yell at Sonoka! Don't make me jump through this screen.
Let both of them proceed? A 3 way final?
lol at Alice ruining Ryou's moment.

Sonoka was perfect once again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 1, 2019 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, it ended in a draw.
The final will be awesome!
Jul 3, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2016
Before the episode started, I made a short guess about Hayama being the winner of his match against Ryou because of how formidable his mastery of spices is but everyone putting their bets on him while Ryou just cooked intensely in the background made me think that the fiery chef would be the one to win the battle but I didn't expect that even the judges would be so conflicted between choosing which dish was better to the point of making it an official draw at all! I didn't pick up the hint given by the opening so the reveal was that much more impactful for me. I can't wait to see how each of them would prove themselves in the final round considering that the main ingredient contains all three characteristics that make them all show their true potential.

It's adorable that Erina and Soma ended up sitting next to each other with Alice being their wingwoman. The foodgasms here definitely made up for the lack of intensely sexy reactions from the other rounds.

Jan 7, 2020 1:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much tense wow, they both won... can't wait for the finale
Jan 7, 2020 4:10 AM

Feb 2019
I can't wait to see the three of them go up against each other! It was obvious this was going to happen from what happened in the op
Feb 8, 2020 6:47 PM

Aug 2017
Well, the OP spoiled me :/

-Daaaam, Ryo fanservice scene is HOT.

tf that Yu-Gi-Oh! reference lol
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 9, 2020 8:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, so it comes down to a three-way matchup after all.

Another tense episode. I felt like Ryo would sweep the victory towards the end honestly but I suppose the draw is a fair result.

After credit scenes were just freakin' hype, meanwhile.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2020 4:02 PM
Jan 2015
RYOU IS SO COOL HIS VOICE ACTOR IASJDEJDFASJKDFSD-
Oct 2, 2020 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Lol I kind of knew that would happen, and funny how the last person to vote for was the bimbo, but danm she is hot.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 11, 2021 6:23 PM

Jul 2017
Given how the OP basically just showed scenes of Soma, Hayama and Kurokiba all dueling together, it was pretty obvious that the semifinal with Hayama and Kurokiba was gonna be a draw and lead to a triple threat final for the Autumn Election. The actual cookoff was solid but not particularly that great or interesting to watch, nothing really jumped out as different from either of them.

I like how Kurokiba called Hayama out for being a one-trick pony with spices, but he's legitimately done seafood the entire competition, and that's the theme of the final too lmao. From the curry dish with lobsters, to the Soupe de Poisson Ramen, to this eel dish and now a final dish with a Saury used. At least the way he used the fish and other sea creatures were all different to show different techniques but the base is all the same lol.
Sep 13, 2021 1:46 PM

Nov 2019
Semifinal 2 is by far the worst. The only thing I can say about it is 'Everything put together sooner or later falls apart', because there was nothing to bind them. J.C Staff surely didn't know their limit, and certainly the second season should have entirely been the Fall Selection's Finale, instead of carrying those bloody things coming afterwards. This episode sucks, due to the poor script-writing and lack of imagination.
SgtBateManSep 13, 2021 1:55 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 23, 2022 5:44 PM
May 2020
WHY WAS THIS BATTLE LESS THAN ONE EPISODE?!?!?!? why...
Jul 12, 2023 9:22 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.