Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 22, 2016 9:34 PM

May 2016
Very likable MC despite having simple personality, something that very rare to come by from LN adaptations.
Jul 22, 2016 10:02 PM

Nov 2012
Still can't help comparing the art with manga.

Ikta really has no ground to stand for calling others pretty boy; after all, in the anime, he's one.

Can't wait for the next ep I'll just reread the manga.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jul 22, 2016 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
Rifaz89 said:
Ikta really has no ground to stand for calling others pretty boy; after all, in the anime, he's one.

He may be one of the pretty boys on our end, but in the anime world, all characters that look like him are the average standard. ie. pretty much every main character that has black hair. Then the real pretty boys are those with dyed/coloured hair. ie. every single blonde guy in slice-of-life-school-romcoms and the guys with crazy hair colours, pink/blue/green/purple/etc.

But seriously. Ikta too much of a badass. Getting all that booty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Can't wait for him to stomp all over that crazy brother next episode. Assuming Yatori doesn't pull the rug under Ikta anyways...
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 23, 2016 12:17 AM
Oct 2010
This is good so far. Toru's brother being Dio made the character a lot better LMAO.
Jul 23, 2016 3:24 AM

May 2012
It keeps getting better. I hope it is two cours
Jul 23, 2016 4:02 AM
Jun 2015
Ikta is pretty mature young man here, he slept with a lot of women already despite him being way younger.
Jul 23, 2016 4:58 AM
Jul 2016
vangoz said:
This episode is a bit boring, not much is exposed other than a disgusting side of the MC. :| I've lost all my sympathy for him. How could he get mad when someone talks bad about his mother while he sleeps around with married woman? :| Just plain hypocrisy
I take back my comment from previous ep. The MC doesn't deserve any pity no matter how sad the author makes his background. His angry burst last ep was so fake.

I think you're interpreting that scene in a wrong way, the women lied to Ikta that she's already divorced, he didn't even know she had a daughter. Currently he is feeling guilty/troubled with it that he's asking for his friend's advice. Yeah it's partly his mistake that he didn't check further, but blaming it wholly on Ikta when the women also into it willingly kind of one sided judgement, not to mention the women is the adult one while Ikta was still a kid. Where do you pull the conclusion he deliberately aiming married women?
Jul 23, 2016 5:28 AM

Jun 2013
So Ikta picked a fight with the elder Remeon kid to save Torway and that, of course, pissed off the senpai which resulted in Ikta, Torway and Matthew having to face their senpai and Yatori in the mock battle. And Ikta will show how big a military genius he is through his strategies. He first had his soldiers make a depot, then he had them camp at a different location than the place designated as the ideal location. The senpai went ahead to that ideal location to not find Ikta. And now Ikta expects a panicking senpai to come to the river to face his army and that will obviously give him an advantage since his men would be calmer and he could make use of the panicking commander. Now to see if we get some serious Madhouse animation here.

Lol Ikta slept with Suya's mother and he wasn't ashamed of it one bit. Lol when those guys threw a centipede at Ikta and the bastard took its head off and ate it up. He creeped them out instead lol. Best way to counter such bullying.
Jul 23, 2016 7:35 AM

May 2015
Ikta slept with a much older woman. I didn't expect that, lmao. I can't wait to see what this guy will show us in the next episode, since we already caught a glimpse of how genius this guy is.

Good episode.

Jul 23, 2016 8:25 AM

Oct 2015
orosan said:
i like this anime a lot, suprised it isnt tagged for military considering this.

I like this anime a lot too. Sometimes the score on MAL doesn't reflect the actual worthiness of the show.

Ikta is the boss. It will be interesting to see how how he owns the enemies.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 23, 2016 8:33 AM
Jan 2014
Cryarc said:
vangoz said:
This episode is a bit boring, not much is exposed other than a disgusting side of the MC. :| I've lost all my sympathy for him. How could he get mad when someone talks bad about his mother while he sleeps around with married woman? :| Just plain hypocrisy
I take back my comment from previous ep. The MC doesn't deserve any pity no matter how sad the author makes his background. His angry burst last ep was so fake.

I think you're interpreting that scene in a wrong way, the women lied to Ikta that she's already divorced, he didn't even know she had a daughter. Currently he is feeling guilty/troubled with it that he's asking for his friend's advice. Yeah it's partly his mistake that he didn't check further, but blaming it wholly on Ikta when the women also into it willingly kind of one sided judgement, not to mention the women is the adult one while Ikta was still a kid. Where do you pull the conclusion he deliberately aiming married women?

In the first place, I can't believe a guy who really respects his mother would sleep around with women his mother's age... It just implies his anger was not because he respects his mother, just vain selfish pride. He may be genius or whatever but this guy has no honor to speak of. Just a lowlife. He got angry when someone calls his mother slut while he's a manslut. Just great.
And he didn't ask his friend's advice because he felt guilty. He just wants to handle the sergeant. Where was it shown he felt guilty? I'd say he's proud about it.
If the sergeant ends up liking him, I might drop this show. Too disgusting for my taste.
zenograffJul 23, 2016 8:52 AM
Jul 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
Ikta is a milf destroyer
Jul 23, 2016 9:57 AM
May 2010
vangoz said:
Cryarc said:

In the first place, I can't believe a guy who really respects his mother would sleep around with women his mother's age... It just implies his anger was not because he respects his mother, just vain selfish pride. He may be genius or whatever but this guy has no honor to speak of. Just a lowlife. He got angry when someone calls his mother slut while he's a manslut. Just great.
And he didn't ask his friend's advice because he felt guilty. He just wants to handle the sergeant. Where was it shown he felt guilty? I'd say he's proud about it.
If the sergeant ends up liking him, I might drop this show. Too disgusting for my taste.

I think his problem with it might more be rooted with how the events with her mother occured, as from the previous episode it didn't sound particulalry as if possibly his mother had much of a choice in what happened. There's a difference between having sex with a consenting adult and insulting a woman whom from what the impression gave me, was called a slut for being raped.
Jul 23, 2016 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
Jul 23, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2014
Bjartskular said:
orosan said:
i like this anime a lot, suprised it isnt tagged for military considering this.

I like this anime a lot too. Sometimes the score on MAL doesn't reflect the actual worthiness of the show.

Ikta is the boss. It will be interesting to see how how he owns the enemies.

going by the picture/poster i didnt expect much out of it honestly, but then i saw madhouse as the studio, there has to be a reason they picked it up i say to myself.
Jul 23, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
Ikta and Yatori are dumb OP, the rest of the MCs are useless. Also the antagonists in this episode were all unbearably evil and stupid which pissed me off. First bad episode imo but looks like it may get worse as it goes on now.
Jul 23, 2016 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
Viper_607 said:
vangoz said:

I think his problem with it might more be rooted with how the events with her mother occured, as from the previous episode it didn't sound particulalry as if possibly his mother had much of a choice in what happened. There's a difference between having sex with a consenting adult and insulting a woman whom from what the impression gave me, was called a slut for being raped.

Well if he doesn't like how her mother was treated like an item, I'd expect him to be more respectful towards women. So why is he playing around with women instead? I can't get over this character contradiction.
Jul 23, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2007
vangoz said:
Viper_607 said:

Well if he doesn't like how her mother was treated like an item, I'd expect him to be more respectful towards women. So why is he playing around with women instead? I can't get over this character contradiction.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with engaging in no-strings-attached sexual relationships. There's no contradiction.

Having a consensual sex between two parties =/= being sold as a slave.
Jul 23, 2016 11:27 AM
Jan 2014
Fai said:
vangoz said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with engaging in no-strings-attached sexual relationships. There's no contradiction.

Having a consensual sex between two parties =/= being sold as a slave.

Difference in personal value then, to each his own.
Jul 23, 2016 11:48 AM

Nov 2009
So far, this is AOTS for me. A smart laid-back MC and lots of clever strategies. I'm loving it.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 23, 2016 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
Like everyone else said, Ikta really is what makes this show good.

On the other hand, I'd like more development on the other characters.
Jul 23, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
Loved the episode and the pacing. Hoping this will be 2-cour or split cour or at least (if only 13 episodes) a 2nd season in the near future.

At the beginning I already liked the fast pacing (back to their own country after episode 2). And I do not like Matthew and the nurse/healer girl that much.

Princess, Ikta and red-haired girl and the ranged guy are best. And if this is going with tactics/battles and politics as main focus I might like it.

Skipping a bit or progressing fast during training so it doesn't feel like too much slice of life or boring interactions/talking is good.

Hoping to see real battles and stuff (there they should be a bit slower with pacing maybe). I alreay hoped for school/training to be only max 2-3 episodes. But with a bigger battle already ... he might win this next episode and then at the end already graduate from academy? We'll see.

Lazy/wanting to sleep reminds me a bit of Ryner Lute from Densetyu Yuusha (I already said that). That anime also hat politics and battles (but the guy was not a tactician - was strong powerful type).

Liking this anime was well could get to same level as Densetsu Yuusha. 8-9 for now. I'll give it a 9/10. With 91 Days best I have seen so far this season/year (at least according to my taste).
Jul 23, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2016
This is just to Hyping, Giggling like a little lol for crying out loud!! xD
That was one amazing episode, Iktar is one badass, and genius character xD Seriously love this guy / No Homo

Cant wait for the next episode! going to be one funny n interesting show
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 23, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
Have some actual criticism this time. Indeed an officer's school is a setting that can be great or boring, and this ep felt is was drifting towards the latter, but I'm not gonna rescind an 8/10 rating just for that

It seems the way Ikta can't seem to shut his mouth is potrayed as heroic and wise, and I guess that only makes sense seeing how competent he is at quite a lot. More concerned on how there's a lot of fodder in this show with the side characters and background characters that don't serve a purpose or aren't nearly as developed as some others.

And pretty fun to see that being a womanizer is both a charismatic and damning trait. I also appreciate military tactics as much as the next guy, and seeing them applied instead of just being talked about is something to look forward to
Jul 23, 2016 3:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a training episode but a pretty well done one at that
Still loving the fact that the mc uses his brains instead of his brawn and why should he when he has Risa Taneda's character Yatori being his blade instead.

Toway's two brothers though are just such jerks and i can't see wait to see them get humiliated in the next episode.

All in all the story is progressing well and hope it keeps up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2015
hopefully this anime brings the end of the loli era and a new dawn for the MILF era
Jul 23, 2016 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! He is a total boss when it comes to strategy.
Can't wait to see the battle!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 23, 2016 10:36 PM

Mar 2013
So, is anybody going to talk about how weird it is to, in the same breath, mention a battallion of 800 and 3 corps with a total of 1600?

Or how their doctrine dictated their position to be indefensible even though they were outnumbered 2 to 1?
Jul 24, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I can't believe that Ikuta slept with someone's mom!
.Bet he plays CoD!
Jul 24, 2016 6:21 AM

Mar 2013
This guy is such a Gary Stu type of protag and his smug is so god damn annoying. Of course Ikta's team will win this mock battle, obviously.
Jul 24, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
davidphamle said:
This guy is such a Gary Stu type of protag and his smug is so god damn annoying. Of course Ikta's team will win this mock battle, obviously.

> completely useless physically and can't put up even basic fight
> sleeps around with older women and gets into trouble over that
> has a short temper and zero tact to the point of needing to be restrained before he gets killed.
> According to LN readers, described as average looking. Certainly does not look a bishie if to go by his LN or manga design.

Somehow that does not sound like a gary stu at all.
Jul 24, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2012
I really hope it's gonna be a 2 cour show (or even more why not x)) I it seems there is so much to do!!
Anyway I really like this show it's refreshing imo no school, no mmo but an exotic and ancien world with military theme as for me it's been a while since Ive watched something similar.
I just think that the older brother is a bit too much caricatural and it's really disapointing because I actually find the whole cast quite original and somehow subtle, the atmosphere seems somewhat mature so such a caricature is very disturbing and doesn't fit at all imo.
Jul 24, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Ikta is so cool, he showed a bit of his talents. Great epsiode.
Jul 24, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
can definitely tell that this is rushed, but its not being rushed to a point that its bad, so im still enjoying it
Jul 24, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
can definitely tell that this is rushed, but its not being rushed to a point that its bad, so im still enjoying it
Nah its actually not rushed. If you think the little time skips = rushed then ur wrong.
Jul 24, 2016 3:42 PM

Jun 2013
moodie said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Nah its actually not rushed. If you think the little time skips = rushed then ur wrong.

Okay, well thanks for correcting me then.
Jul 24, 2016 7:12 PM

Dec 2011
Oh they skipped the part with the landslide. >.<
I really like how Ikta just ate the bug and kept spouting on Torway's ikemen brother, and I love how he answered the teacher in full.

I can't wait to see how this mock battle ends, it would be really good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
davidphamle said:

> completely useless physically and can't put up even basic fight
> sleeps around with older women and gets into trouble over that
> has a short temper and zero tact to the point of needing to be restrained before he gets killed.
> According to LN readers, described as average looking. Certainly does not look a bishie if to go by his LN or manga design.

Somehow that does not sound like a gary stu at all.

> Ladykiller, sleeps around with older women
> Strategic mindset closed to Lelouch level by being the son of one of the greatest generals
> High intellect being the apprentice of the greatest scientist at that time
> Always show-off, conceited, think lowly of the enemy and will won the fight eventuall

Not a typical Gary Stu, but he still is one.
Jul 25, 2016 3:20 AM

Oct 2013
He ate a fuckin centipede lmao. This guy is a badass.

I'm loving this show, don't know how much of it is being skipped but hopefully we'll get to see Ikta's BAness more and more. Ikta carries this show.
Jul 25, 2016 7:08 AM

Apr 2011
Ikta, the milf eater.
Jul 27, 2016 4:19 AM

Oct 2008
Ikuta really has a laid-back attitude but next episode would prove the genius of him being a commander.
3/5.

Jul 27, 2016 3:03 PM

Jun 2015
That was a lot more enjoyable than the first episodes.
However, these bullies are so incredibly cliche, they could be school bullies in 1950s Maine.
Jul 27, 2016 9:24 PM

Oct 2011
whoa he slept with her mom. omg
Jul 28, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Ikta sure has it rough. One cannot help but to respect him as a man... I am really looking forward to seeing the full extent of Ikta's plan.
Jul 28, 2016 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
I actually quite enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see Yatori showing her fighting abilities, as well. Tohru's brothers look like completely asses. Yatori and Ikta seem to think alike (somewhat) seeing that the two are the only ones who caught on to the rules of the mock fight.

At this point, the opening and especially the ending are making me think that Yatori and Ikta will/have a very close relationship that could develop into something more. Both also seem to show that Yatori will play a really important role in this series (I'm getting vibes like she's a/the key character to whatever major conflict is going to happen; much like in Valkyria Chronicles). But who knows if the series will progress that way. Many times, opening and ending sequences are rather misleading. We'll see. If it does go that route, I'm excited to see it.

Awaiting the next episode!
Jul 29, 2016 9:14 AM

Sep 2015
This episode kept the momentum going although I feel it may have been a bit rushed. We get a breather after the action packed first two episodes, most of this dealing with Ikta and company adjusting to life in military school. I'm intrigued that the Princess has decided to join them. Was this her plan from that start? She clearly wants to rebel against her family. Or was she inspired by Ikta? If she wasn't before she sure is now, after he helped her in class and then delivered an engaging lecture that overshadowed the teacher. This speech (the big military theory moment of the week) was pretty cool, discussing how thinking realistically and like your enemy does is essential on the battlefield.

I was kind of hoping when they were made officers, we'd skip over the school days part of our program. But if they get through it quickly it's alright with me, this was pretty entertaining. I'm curious about Toru's asshole brother and specifically how the rest of their family feels about both of them. I like how Ikta is already starting to come to Toru's defense determining his brother is much worse. Yatori was pretty badass in this scene as well, I'm already pretty engaged by the main cast.

The episode ends with a cliffhanger that's hooked me into next week. Ikta, Matthew and Toru are leading troops in a mock battle against Toru's asshole brother, his crony and Yatori. Ikta's second in command's grudge against him was pretty funny. Hope for his sake he's got a really good plan that will win her over. But of course he does.
Aug 4, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
This niqqa just ate a centipede. I'm done.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 8, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, of course there's a school setting.
At least things aren't too dramatic.
Aug 13, 2016 2:12 AM

May 2014
Good Yatori's not so annoying anymore... Starting to like Ikta now.
Interesting episode. 5/5
Aug 14, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2015
vangoz said:

I totally agree with you bro. He's cool and shit but yeah he is still a nasty hypocrite. His "genius mode" is kinda cool but that's all about it I guess.

Decent episode but starting to dislike MC.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.