Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 17, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
glad i didn't write this show off thought it was going be another one dem " LNs" like the 35th platoon it's turning out quite decent but i both love and hate the MC least he gets put in line when he goes to far.

really only thing i can nitpick on is why you gotta make the faces so fugly madhouse?
Jul 18, 2016 12:58 AM

Oct 2015
So far this series is good. Pretty decent episode. Liking the MC so far.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 18, 2016 1:18 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode :). Ikta is interesting, I like how he thinks. He is the best character so far.
Good introduction of the military part and their world.
Jul 18, 2016 1:27 AM

Feb 2014
This second episode shows a lot of promise for the show. Looking forward to more.
Jul 18, 2016 8:09 AM
Nov 2015
Well, I was about to not to watch this show. I underestimated it. The first episode wasn't a big thing but the last statement made me like this show a little bit. The 2nd episode was better.
Ikta's personality is cool. And his backstory; I liiked them !

This show is probably one of the 4 decent show this summer (Arslan, Amaama Inazuma & 91 days are the other 3 = this is my opinion) the rest isn't totally bad at all. But not convenient enough.
Jul 18, 2016 12:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
that negotiation scene was really shortened. the military was far more cautious than that in the novels, and it was a good chance to see how much they thought out the whole thing. Oh well.

Then they skipped the scene with Ikuta sleeping with a milf in the hotel as well. Looks like they want to make ikuta as a perverted virgin in the anime?
I guess that fits what anime watchers like...

anything else was fine, liked it. Probably partially because I appreciate the characters already by having read the novels, but still.
WHAAAAAAT

You're telling me that this dude fucked a MILF.....I would have loved to see that lol
Jul 18, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Tokoya said:
Zefyris said:
that negotiation scene was really shortened. the military was far more cautious than that in the novels, and it was a good chance to see how much they thought out the whole thing. Oh well.

Then they skipped the scene with Ikuta sleeping with a milf in the hotel as well. Looks like they want to make ikuta as a perverted virgin in the anime?

anything else was fine, liked it. Probably partially because I appreciate the characters already by having read the novels, but still.
WHAAAAAAT

You're telling me that this dude fucked a MILF.....I would have loved to see that lol

What, you didn't know? The MC has been sleeping around with women old enough to be his mother since like 6 years now. That was just the last one x).
Jul 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Oct 2015
Don't know why so many people are giving shit to Yotori, the girl is basically saving the MC everytime. I honestly was thinking that he lacks common sense for a while, at least in front of the emperor he keep his mouth shut.
I mean, it's understandable that he don't agree, but he should know better about how to react, being stupidly stubborn would only get you killed, like he saying that he would snap the princess neck, wtf?
So, you guys should be nicer about her, she is protecting him probably because she care about him, and it is nice to see she is not a stupid tsundere type and that she can kick his ass (probably, he didn't fight yet, but I get that he is more the tactical type anyway).
Jul 18, 2016 9:31 PM

May 2016
the story was so dark, I just want that annoying princess will be punished soon.
Jul 18, 2016 10:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very decent episode and with a lot of details and world building.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 18, 2016 11:26 PM
Jan 2016
That red hair girl is really pissing me off by keep on kicking our badass MC.
Jul 19, 2016 7:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
Tokoya said:
WHAAAAAAT

What, you didn't know? The MC has been sleeping around with women old enough to be his mother since like 6 years now. That was just the last one x).
This man is my hero...Busting nuts with MILFS...Bruh
Jul 19, 2016 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
I'm enjoying this show but at the same time I feel a bit lost in those two episodes, feels like I started to watch the show from the middle
Jul 19, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
>MILF scene gets cut

NOOOOOOOO

also the border escape could've been done better

outside that, good episode. It's going quite fast, understandably so

The OST is marvelous, has that classic epic tale~ feel to it

The princess' smug expression when revealing Ikta's past, lol. Just what you expect from a 12 year old spoiled brat

The production values were better than 1st ep, good going madhouse
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jul 19, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2015
can't blame ikta to get angry with the princess. it was all her fault too. even tho she is a princess, that was still a little bit to far. heck, i can even say that she was bad mouthing ikta private matters. that was so rude imo.

overall, it was an enjoyable episode.

looking foward for the next episode.
Jul 19, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2011
Boom, they got rewarded very well. Now I can't wait to see them become soldiers, maybe even lead their own armies.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2016 5:43 PM

Oct 2008
That was a bit brutal killing those three soldiers.
Yatori is freaking strong!
What's the problem with Ikuta!? dislikes empires!?
4/5.

Jul 19, 2016 6:10 PM
Jul 2016
Overall I like the episode and (so far) the show over all. The only problem I have is the " Im amazing without trying" MC. The whole "This guy I know invented the concept of science" bit was pretty silly too. hahaha
Jul 19, 2016 8:48 PM
May 2016
Anyone else who also don't like the princess?
Jul 20, 2016 2:33 AM

Jul 2010
what a rotten empire I love enemis side they are more human
Jul 20, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
AfroSlacker said:
Overall I like the episode and (so far) the show over all. The only problem I have is the " Im amazing without trying" MC. The whole "This guy I know invented the concept of science" bit was pretty silly too. hahaha

No, he created the word "science". Not science itself. And as far as this country goes, such scientific approach on things can only be labelled as heresy, so yeah, usually peoples wouldn't do that.
Jul 20, 2016 5:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm this was a pretty good episode
The first episode was good but this was even better
The combat scenes were pretty well done and i like the fact that the mc's were all honorable and behaved like normal humans after their first combat.

Still loving the fact that the mc uses his brains more than his brawn lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2015
The pace seems a bit out of hand tbh.
Otherwise the story could be interesting and it reminds me a little bit of Magi.
We should habituate with the art style but I don't think it's a big problem.
Another good episode after the first one.

5/5
Jul 20, 2016 11:30 PM
Mar 2012
Some nice bg art lighting.
Prick an interesting strategist but still a prick. Even tho I can understand Ikta's reasoning, I don't feel anything cringey about Yatori acting like tsun, since she also has valid reason to keep him in line.
Much better than 1st episode. Lots of relevant world building of the conflict between two nations, partial info can get confusing, but the asylum notion suggests something quite wrong with their home country.
ED quite stylish.
Jul 21, 2016 2:14 AM

Jan 2016
Some information about who Ikta are n all, gotta say i love his aggressive personality, he is one curious young man. n become 3 thing he hate, a Noble, a Soldier and a Hero.

The character design might be one of the best for this summer maybe? really something special. Either way great episode, rather clam one tho. What will happen now?

Also, got a ED :3 really good, lovely with just beautiful visual!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 21, 2016 4:14 AM

Mar 2009
Zefyris said:

A shame they cut that scene, then. Ikuta is nothing like the typical anime MC, so scenes like that would be refreshing.

Also, mother complex?
Jul 21, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
Jesus Christ, Ikta, you put a princess loli's finger in your mouth, suck up her blood and call it normal.

I guess princess loli has a crush on him and tried to impress him by running her mouth off but honestly I don't care about her or Ikta at this point. They're both such fuck faces, I wouldn't blink if they were blown up.
臭い-
Jul 21, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, that was really good.

LOVE the music. LOVE the backgrounds (THAT NIGHT SKY THO).

Liking the characterization here, and just how different everything feels from your staple fantasy anime.
Jul 21, 2016 5:35 PM

May 2008
I seem to be that 1% of people who hate Ikta but like Yatori. I see nothing likeable about him, he really rubs me the wrong way. Yatori is okay but nothing special. Ikta is written to be oh so smart and clever but he doesn't seem to have any discretion, he makes himself look to be a big child who never grew up mentally. It would be more tolerable if other characters didn't act like Ikta's such a special snowflake who's always right too.

Still watching for the plot and mc still making it hard to enjoy. I hope he'll mature as the show goes on. I do get where he's coming from and I would be pissed of too if I were him. I just really hate his attitude and the way he's written.
SaradaJul 21, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 22, 2016 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
Even more LOGH vibes and I'm loving it! A lot better than the first episode.
Jul 22, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
I think this series is slowly building to my favorite new one of the season. I can't believe last time I speculated the whole series might be set on that island in enemy territory. That was quickly put to rest. I like Ikta and the Princess, she's becoming a pretty interesting character. She clearly is unhappy with her role in the royal family, after seeing King it's not hard to imagine why god damn he was creepy looking. I just like how Ikta's kind of an aggressive dick to her, but she takes in what he says and like weirdly respects him. Their conversation about how blood can't be bad was a thoughtful one.

I still like Ikta, I agree with critics that say he's too much of a pretty boy to pull off his snarky and always right personality. I'd rather see him drawn a little more shabbily like what I've seen of his design in the manga. But his smug banter is consistently amusing, and his plan to get them out of enemy territory here was an inspired one. Like congratulations show you avoided cliches and came up with a surprising answer to a difficult plot related question.

I also liked the development we got towards Ikta's backstory this go round. His Dad was an officer who died, one who's death he's apparently bitter about, based on what he mutters to the doomed general they meet upon arriving back in their own territory. He's also really touchy about his Mom who was a courtesan, which is you know whatever. I liked him and the Princess mostly but he needs to stop getting all physical with her. She's just a kid and it's kind of fetishy and weird.

My favorite though is him and Yatori. I can't really get a read on her, she's very loyal to the royals that's all we really know. How much she actually likes Ikta though seems up for debate. I love whenever he gets all worked up, and she just beats his ass though. That seems to indicate she at least cares about his well being. Plus those scenes are alternately funny and kind of hot. I liked their scene together at the end a lot, definitely my favorite ship. Not sure where this show is headed with it's main cast all getting big promotions but it seems like an ambitious series so far.
Jul 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
I don't think I understand this anime. I feel like I am watching a movie, but started 30 minutes in. I don't get the characters or the background story for this anime.

First of all, it may be war and stuff, but the way they killed the enemy troops was totally heartless and mean. I mean, come on, you're telling a dying man you're gonna help him and after he told you what you wanted to hear, you just go "just kidding, die you little shit, lol"? And then all of a sudden you're having sympathy with them? Then why didn't you actually stop him from dying? As things are now, I cannot accept these characters as "heroes" or anything.

Also, that redhead is starting to really annoy me. She's the most submissive pseudo-warrior I've ever seen. If her superiors told her to shove a cactus up her ass, she'd probably just ask how deep exactly.

Same goes for that lieutenant (or whatever his rank was). NOBODY would ever go out to fight a losing battle just for shits and giggles. I remember when in 1918 the German navy was supposed to fight one last battle "for honor" after the war was already basically over. They said "fuck you" and caused a nationwide riot that made the whole empire collapse.

And why is main character (I will never be able to remember a single name) suddenly pissed he's a top level soldier? Wasn't he about to go to military school or something? I don't get him, is he supposed to have a multiple personality disorder?

Little princess should have guessed that telling somebody their mom's a whore doesn't really get over well. She seems to be pretty stupid, but being the heiress of a fascist kingdom, I shouldn't expect much from her.
Jul 22, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2013
TrashDax said:
I don't think I understand this anime. I feel like I am watching a movie, but started 30 minutes in. I don't get the characters or the background story for this anime..

I'll try to help a bit. There is quite a few scenes cut, so lots of things are there but simply suggested/ needing to be deduced for various infos. This is definitely not a case where you can simply watch without thinking.

TrashDax said:
First of all, it may be war and stuff, but the way they killed the enemy troops was totally heartless and mean. I mean, come on, you're telling a dying man you're gonna help him and after he told you what you wanted to hear, you just go "just kidding, die you little shit, lol"? And then all of a sudden you're having sympathy with them? Then why didn't you actually stop him from dying? As things are now, I cannot accept these characters as "heroes" or anything.

The soldier received a lethal wound and it wasn't possible to save him. He indeed interogated him while promising him aid, but that wasn't doable. He didn't especially felt good about it, but it had to be done, and isn't asking to be forgiven about it either.

Also, that redhead is starting to really annoy me. She's the most submissive pseudo-warrior I've ever seen. If her superiors told her to shove a cactus up her ass, she'd probably just ask how deep exactly.

She's the daughter of this country's top military. She was educated that way, for that role. She's very smart, but she's also educated to protect and obey the imperial family.

Same goes for that lieutenant (or whatever his rank was). NOBODY would ever go out to fight a losing battle just for shits and giggles. I remember when in 1918 the German navy was supposed to fight one last battle "for honor" after the war was already basically over. They said "fuck you" and caused a nationwide riot that made the whole empire collapse.

This is heavily incorrect.
There's a precedent in their world they are (Ikta's father). He went agaisnt such order. Was accused of treachery, put in prison, killed, his family lost any status they had, and so on.
Let's think of the various choice they had there.
-Disobey. That's a bad idea. Not only would he die anyway, but on top of this his family would get the shaft rather than just him.
-go to the enemy alone. Would mean abandon his soldiers, would mean abandon his family.
-go to the enemy but try to convince his troops to do the same. Would create a strife between loyal troops and troops wanting to rebel. lots of deaths, and every family from soldiers who went away would take the shaft. But that's not all. Any friend he had, especially in the army, would be suspected to be a traitor as well, so that decision would actually have consequences for his friends outside of his family.
-Die following orders after doing his possible to have the less soldiers left when it happens. Saving a lot of soldiers, having his family able to live properly without shame, without having their life standard confiscated and so on.

All in all, he choose wisely, there wasn't really any other choice that didn't brought huge danger/problems to his own family, for example. The moment he received that order, there was no good choice left for him. Also, the example you're taking is heavily different. Since germany had already lost, choosing to refuse would not lead for them to consequences like trial and the like, since their superior wouldn't have time for this. It wasn't nationwide either, but a small part of the army ordered to do that.

And why is main character (I will never be able to remember a single name) suddenly pissed he's a top level soldier? Wasn't he about to go to military school or something? I don't get him, is he supposed to have a multiple personality disorder?

Actually, that's not what was said. His plan for life was to work at the imeprial library. An easy life, with a good income, but you normally can reach such place by normal means.
So Igsem proposed him to get him that job in exchange of being help to ace the military officer exam.
The military exam was in two parts. the first was obviously written, and is said to have been passed by all those in the ship, that were going to the second half (which was practice, obviously). Igsem mention that Ikta worked hard to study for that exam, to that ikta answered that this was a necessity to get that job.
Ikta never ever intended to become a soldier. Making Igsem ace it, and failing at it himself, receiving the librarian job he wanted. All of this can be deduced from conversations early on in the first episode, btw.
However, he received the title of knight as a "reward". A knight is a soldier. He cannot refuse to go the army. And worse, he was made knight for two things and he understand that very well, as he said in episode 2.
One, as a political tool, using them as hero to increase the morale of the population
two, for the personal use of Chamille that is obviously plotting something.

So yeah, his plans of life are absolutely ruined, he becomes a soldier, a hero, and a noble (knight is noblesse title as a rare reward for soldiers), and he dislike any of those.

Little princess should have guessed that telling somebody their mom's a whore doesn't really get over well. She seems to be pretty stupid, but being the heiress of a fascist kingdom, I shouldn't expect much from her.

There is a lot of hints that she's actually smart, and has a way to think that is quite in contradiction with her status of imperial princess. She's still 12 years old tho. She can make mistake as well due to inexperience.
ZefyrisJul 22, 2016 5:10 PM
Jul 23, 2016 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, it's official, I love this MC. Can't wait to see how things will go from now on.

Jul 23, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2015

So basically the world of this anime runs on logic that I can't relate to.
Well, I'll keep watching anyway, but I doubt this will connect with me at some point.
Jul 23, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
Hey, that actually wasn't bad for a change. Ikta is quite rash, and not exactly the Sima Yi or Yang Wenli of the "calm-but-lazy" generals.

Oh well, that's good in it's own way
Jul 24, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
TrashDax said:

So basically the world of this anime runs on logic that I can't relate to.
Well, I'll keep watching anyway, but I doubt this will connect with me at some point.

What logic can't you relate to? You're comparing things that cannot be compared. In our world too, some military men have certainly been put in similar situation. When you're forced to choose between your death, your death+humiliation of your family, or the death of your family, it's not surprising that some men dedicated to their family would resign themselves to choose the first one.
What would YOU choose in such case? To bring death to your own family and friends to save your own ass?
Jul 30, 2016 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
The princess doesn't waste time to find out more about Ikky, I was thinking he was a prince, but I was wrong, he still is more than he said...
Aug 5, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, I'm dropping this.

Main character is very unlikable (and he shifts one of his three personalities as story sees fit), pacing is all over the place and the worst thing is that whole series revels in intellectual pseudo-babble without any real depth, their logic is flawed (and it wouldn't work) and their strategy worked only by stroke of luck.

This is like Aldnoah mixed with Arslan all over again but actually even worse. Characterization is done bad and I really didn't care for those characters.

What's more, whole plot seems to be very bland and not intersting at all. Fingers licking fanservice was really disgusting and not fit for that scene. And I really don't know why the even introduced magical spirits, they just feels really out of place in this setting. I had my doubts after first episode but now I'm pretty sure. I clearly see where this is going and watching this any longer would be real suffering.

3/10
Aug 7, 2016 4:28 AM

May 2014
Male MC is cool, the action in this episode was nice too. Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets' songs are pretty much the same lol (This and Gate 2 OPs)

Gonna continue watching this. 4/5
Aug 7, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
Really like the interaction between Ikta and Yatori. Quality seems to have gone up too, though the art and animation still haven't convinced me. Soundtrack is noteworthy. All in all, I might watch a third episode, but I still doubt it'll keep my attention. Still kinda glad I gave this show another shot.

Oooh,.. that scene had me triggered so much. Why the !@#$%^& would you NOT clean that blade.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 7, 2016 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
Well I'm glad the anime is improving a bit after, but the MC getting angry a lot gets annoying over time but otherwise this anime is still one of the more interesting ones to me so I can deal with his anger if the anime gets better.
Aug 8, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
I'm enjoying this, I quite like the dialogue.
Aug 13, 2016 4:46 AM
May 2010
One of the things I've come to love by rewatching this is just how Ikta reacts to it all. Sure he gets pissed as hell when the princess talks about his mother as if she were a mere object. Someone without her own will, and given off as a present for doing well. A lot of complex emotions seem to fill him, as is shown towards the end of the episode when he laments his position, and in a sense, seems at odds with the fact that whilst he knows he should in a sense, be celebrating Yatori's achievement, he can't help but be cynical as he himself has ended up having the worst things possible occur to him. Though perhaps the best is how he doesn't end up wallowing in utter despair about it and crying, instead, with a bit of anger and frustration in his tone.

I also enjoy how Yatori herself understands this and in a sense, comes over to comfort him in his sorrow, spending time with him and contemplating what their future will hold. In a sense, this would never have occured if Yatori hadn't asked ikta to help her during the exam, so perhaps she feels responsible at least somewhat for his new fate. Or it may simply be that she feels sorry for how he's ended up, heck, it's possible that even Yatori doesn't particularly enjoy what's happened. Sure she seeks to become an officer, but that might be simply due to her being an Igsem.
Aug 13, 2016 6:24 AM
Feb 2015
Zefyris said:

you read the novels ???
Aug 13, 2016 6:25 AM
Feb 2015
Laionidas said:
Really like the interaction between Ikta and Yatori. Quality seems to have gone up too, though the art and animation still haven't convinced me. Soundtrack is noteworthy. All in all, I might watch a third episode, but I still doubt it'll keep my attention. Still kinda glad I gave this show another shot.

Oooh,.. that scene had me triggered so much. Why the !@#$%^& would you NOT clean that blade.
of course bro its madhouse studios they have the midus touch on anime
Aug 13, 2016 6:40 AM
Feb 2015
MagicalMahou said:
Damn, that was really good.

LOVE the music. LOVE the backgrounds (THAT NIGHT SKY THO).

Liking the characterization here, and just how different everything feels from your staple fantasy anime.
yeah the sky is beautiful it gives 5 centimeters per second vibes
Aug 13, 2016 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
darklord213 said:
Zefyris said:

you read the novels ???

Upt to volume 7, Yes. Alderamin is a very good fantasy/military novel series.
Aug 14, 2016 4:33 AM

Apr 2015
Wow that Loli princess suddenly turned to a bitch...

Decent episode.
Aug 14, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2015
Nice build up, Ikta is really clever.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.