Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh it was alright. Goku vs Black's fight lived up to my expectations so far even though it wasn't as long as I had anticipated.

Again we get a good amount of focus on little Trunks in the story. Meanwhile, Pilaf gets a slightly more important role which surprises me this episode. Future Trunks and his tragic memories though...those definitely won't be leaving his mind for awhile if ever. Looks like Mai is still alive in the future world (future storyline).
Stark700Jul 2, 2016 5:58 PM
Jul 2, 2016 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
The animation gets better plus the fight between Goku & Black animation is superb.
Jul 2, 2016 6:07 PM

Dec 2015
Why is Black Goku holding his chest (heart) so much? I knew he started holding after being shocked of Goku's punch. Maybe it trigger Goku's heart disease long ago. My prediction is that Black is really Future Goku's which somewhat got revived by weird technique (or even Super Dragon Ball) and then the Green kaioshin either fused or possesed him after that.
Fellaini is God
Jul 2, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2013
as usual goku never goes all out unless his opponent does first. was really hoping the fight would be longer but it was ok I guess. of course we can't forget the surprise at the end it was totally obvious she wasn't dead (I mean come on there not going to kill her in one episode that and there was no blood).
Jul 2, 2016 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Another enjoyable episode. Black holding his heart is very suspicious I'd say though...
Jul 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2015
Wow. So that probably is Goku's body because of the whole heart pain he is feeling. Apparently Black actually doesn't stand much of a chance against Goku or Vegeta since Trunks said Black is only a tad bit stronger than when he fought in the future. Then again, Black might be holding back. This episode almost confirms that Black is actually Goku's body being possessed. Apparently Black can't go back to the past anymore
Jul 2, 2016 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
Great fight,just too short but short enough to keep the story moving at a good pace so far

Goku hould have just went super saiyan blue and probably have won the fight
The_Nut_CrackerJul 3, 2016 10:00 PM
Jul 2, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2016
I liked the Cell's time machine detail. When Bulma, Gohan and Future Trunks found it the first time, Bulma saved it and never appeared again. But now it will get a significant role.

And Future Mai being alive... I knew that the opening couldn't just have a character that would 'die' in one episode, she seems to be important as well for this arc :)

So many mysteries though, the arc is getting more exciting ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
Jul 2, 2016 10:20 PM

Feb 2013
kwonshin said:
Why is Black Goku holding his chest (heart) so much? I knew he started holding after being shocked of Goku's punch. Maybe it trigger Goku's heart disease long ago. My prediction is that Black is really Future Goku's which somewhat got revived by weird technique (or even Super Dragon Ball) and then the Green kaioshin either fused or possesed him after that.

Probably because of the disease.
Jul 2, 2016 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
Another good episode, the fight was particularly good.

It would seem that Super Saiyan Blue would be much more powerful than Black so I'm half expecting that he'll turn into a Super Saiyan but he'll have White hair.
Jul 3, 2016 2:11 AM
Jun 2011
caio_ken said:
kwonshin said:

Probably because of the disease.
maybe it somehow related to the ring as well since he hold the chest every time it start to shine a bit
Jul 3, 2016 3:01 AM

Jan 2015
Boring Goku wasn't even at full power and he was evenly matched even if Black wasn't using his full strength ....
Jul 3, 2016 3:55 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty clever using the time machine Cell used instead. Surprised to see Future Mai still alive.
Jul 3, 2016 4:26 AM

Sep 2014
wow. The moment when suddenly out of nowhere Dragonball gets a plot :o
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 3, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
kwonshin said:

Now that I finished watching with Subtitle, it's make more sense. Time Ring can only be used to go to future. Maybe actually there's a chance Black originally from present time (since he knows Vegeta too) or at least before Future Trunks era, even from era where Goku started having heart disease. And since the Ring is exclusively can only be used by Kaioshin, probably it's safe to say that Black really is fused with Kaioshin now. Unless Beerus means that Ring belongs to Kaioshin, but everybody can use it. And lastly, the dialogue where Black basically said he is happy to fight with his current body. Ah also still address Beerus with -sama. So yeah he is lower rank than Beerus indeed.
kwonshinJul 3, 2016 4:36 AM
Fellaini is God
Jul 3, 2016 4:30 AM

Jun 2012
Decent fight. I didn't expect much from a fight so early in the saga, and it seemed to only be there to add more mystery and give more clues to who Black is. My guess is he's fused with one of the Kaioshin via Potara earring, because he seemed to have a rush for fighting just like Goku did and Kaioshin aren't really known for that. Why he's evil though, I dunno. Maybe they can be evil too?

Also love the end of the episode with the Hope time machine, actually didn't expect that one haha.
Jul 3, 2016 4:39 AM

Dec 2014
The fight was pretty cool.

Black is related to a Kaioshin somehow.

I loved the scene and the OST they played with Black making that evil laugh.
Jul 3, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2014
EternalSerenity said:
Why he's evil though, I dunno. Maybe they can be evil too?
Don't forget that Makaioshin's exist too.

As for Black, hmm... Maybe someone brought back Future Goku's body back, maybe with the help of the Dragon Balls, but without his heart disease cured and put a different soul in his body? Or maybe Black is really Ginyu? xD

Btw, any Z warrior can be fast enough to hit a ki blast like that, so why no one tried to save the time machine when Black shot a blast at it? :/
Jul 3, 2016 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
EternalSerenity said:
Why he's evil though, I dunno. Maybe they can be evil too?
Don't forget that Makaioshin's exist too.

As for Black, hmm... Maybe someone brought back Future Goku's body back, maybe with the help of the Dragon Balls, but without his heart disease cured and put a different soul in his body? Or maybe Black is really Ginyu? xD

Btw, any Z warrior can be fast enough to hit a ki blast like that, so why no one tried to save the time machine when Black shot a blast at it? :/

Probably they are confused/shocked why suddenly Black backed off from the fight and acted weirdly. Even Goku went back to normal from SSJ2.
Fellaini is God
Jul 3, 2016 5:05 AM
Jan 2016
still, I didn't understand how black's power increase works does it work like saiajin or something else
overall this a good episode and pleased to watch mai's not dead
Jul 3, 2016 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
It seems that Black increases his power when he gets hit or when he feels pain.
Mai from the future is alive, that's good.
Jul 3, 2016 5:13 AM
Mar 2010
My I'm so going hype.
Jul 3, 2016 6:12 AM
Sep 2014
Im hyped for next episode.

> Goku vs Black is decent . The animation kinda improve so I like it
> Black is really the future Goku. He always holds his heart
> I like Vegeta in this episode were he comfort future trunks
> Wow kinda surprise that Cells time machine put in the story of DBS. i thought toriyama forgot his previous db series
> Future Mai is alive yes! Mai x Trunks OTP
Jul 3, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2014
It's very rare for DB to have even a plot o_0 this black guy seems interesting my guess that he's passed goku after fusing with dark spirit ? or he fused with kaioshin ?

trunks said that black was stronger in the future , well yeah he beated the shit out of trunks who was on par with SS2 goku , still he's no match for either goku or vegeta at this point

and mai is alive !! yes !!!

this is the first time i am looking fowrad for DB usually it's just a dude's punching each other
Jul 3, 2016 6:47 AM

May 2011
Whew pretty decent episode

Seems like the more damage Black receive, the more powerful he'll become... then he'll probably be evenly match it Goku the next time they met? Or maybe after receiving even more damage before reaching that level <shrug> but it's still getting more interesting though regardless.

ChloeVonEinzbern said:

^ Exactly what I thought when the blast hits the time machine ~_~
Also, when Trunks was shouting "ugh, the time machine!", my mind was like thinking "you don't need to let the whole world know, you know? Now Black is definitely gonna destroy it"
Jul 3, 2016 7:01 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was a pretty good fight. Neither of them used their signature moves which leaves a second round between these two open.

Goku got Black good, them body shots can really mess someone up and in this case Black seemed to be hurting bad.

My theory is Black is a Kaioshin that can take over body's. Black is just a vessel so far based on what Black said this episode. I think Black is using Goku's body to get stronger through the Zenkai.

Vegeta telling Future Trunks to not give up was quite touching. I always like it when Vegeta shows his father side.

Cells time machine returns. The only problem for now is that Cell's time machine came from Cell's timeline not Future Trunk's.

So Mai is alive after all. They wouldn't just get rid of her so quickly and be having her on the main cover next to Trunks. And from the preview seems she's ok however Black is there now, so...

Jul 3, 2016 7:34 AM

Apr 2011
Hype! One episode per week is a torture -.-

anyway, an enjoyable episode again.

Can't wait for the next one!

Jul 3, 2016 7:54 AM

Dec 2015
Well I hope they give Black Goku a buff for next fight cause Goku just made him look weak af compared to our expectations
Jul 3, 2016 8:03 AM
May 2013
as i said in the previous ep thread, the power levels have been surprisingly accurate lately. SSJ2 Goku sparred for fun with SSJ2 Trunks, then kicked the shit out of Black Goku. hope they don't repeat the Golden Frieza bullshit where a little bit of pain (training in Frieza's case) is enough to rise his power hundreds of times over, matching SSB.
felipecardelJul 3, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 3, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
A relatively good hand-to-hand fight with a SSJ2 *-*
Good recycling of forgotten elements and interesting mystery around the Kaio shin

4/5
Rei_IIIJul 3, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 3, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2016
That "black guy" LOL
Jul 3, 2016 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
It is rare that a dragon ball series has a plot. And this one seems pretty good so far. I am guessing Blacks identity will be revealed in the next few episodes. Still the edge of the old dragonball z series isn't there. Back against frieza the androids cell and buu the Z Warriors were always backed up against a corner. They were outmatched struggling to survive even getting killed. But now a tough opponent appears and it's just a silly game to Goku and vegeta now cause they are at God level. Even if they failed Beerus and Whis are there to. Idk just takes all the danger and excitement out. Still I am enjoying it for the most part.
Jul 3, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2016
Im just happy to see super saiyan 2 actually being used again
Jul 3, 2016 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Black vs Goku was okay!

Future Mai is alive.
Jul 3, 2016 10:43 AM
Dec 2013
I liked the animation in this episode. Black is as mysterious as ever.
Jul 3, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
Yep Dragonball is back!! xD ===== Black = Future Goten!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 10:59 AM

Apr 2014
The fight is meh since both didn't use their full power.
And Bulma found the time machine that Cell used.
Will all of them go to the future to fight Black?
Mai is still alive...wonder if she play a role in all of this? Make Trunks stronger?
Jul 3, 2016 11:06 AM
Jul 2008
Pretty good fight between Goku and Black Goku, would've liked it to have gone on longer but I know why they didn't. If they went all out now, what could they do for later? I also like how Black is one evil bastard and he also is very cryptic. He isn't one of those villains who reveals everything right away and that's kinda refreshing for the series. I'm also glad to see Mai is still alive because it would have been such a waste to include her in so much promotional stuff for this arc just to have her killed immediately.
Jul 3, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2015
The animation looked pretty nice, and i like how they are giving more depth between vegeta and trunks, as for mai its awesome that shes alive i just hope they use her character correctly!
Jul 3, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
It ridiculous how people cant enjoy the fight just because Goku wasnt at full power.

What about ssj 2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta?
Goku was holding back ssj3 but it was still an awesome fight.
Jul 3, 2016 2:34 PM
Mar 2011
My question is why would Trunks want to go back to his timeline when black goku has destroyed nearly everything?
Check out my blog @ displacedmodernity.blogspot.com
Jul 3, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2009
I thought the fight was pretty enjoyable. Just short but left enough to want to see more.
Jul 3, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2013
KuroiSenko said:
Hmm, maybe kinda silly but can this be a hint about Uub? This is from the next episode preview, Goku talking to Trunks.

99% sure he is talking about adult Mai
Jul 3, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
man i was a little emotional when vegeta went to go comfort trunks, was just so nice
Jul 3, 2016 3:44 PM

Jan 2009
why cannot they think of Goku teleporting to the Kaioshin planet and borrow a Ring of Time lol

but at least Bulma have a time machine ready

KuroiSenko said:
Hmm, maybe kinda silly but can this be a hint about Uub? This is from the next episode preview, Goku talking to Trunks.

Goku asked Trunks about adult Mai in the future in that dialogue lol
Jul 3, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
FUTURE!MAI IS STILL ALIVE. So I guess Future!Trunks does have someone to go back for otherwise I would just want him to stay in the past...

Also, for once Goku's bad habit of not powering up all the way probably saved them all from Black taking the power for himself.
Jul 3, 2016 3:45 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode, so top notch animation used for Goku Vs. Black. I also loved the ending with Bulma bringing out the time machine that Cell came back in. That was such an awesome callback that I'm just freaking out as a fan.
Jul 3, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2013
That was a nice fight. I also liked the animation a lot during that. So the ring of Black is a ring of time normally only Kaioshins have. I really want to know who Black is and why he looks like the normal Goku. I have a lot of ideas but it will be interesting to see/hear in the anime.

His power also seems weird, he got stronger and stronger during the fight and almost at the end where he talked about that he absorbed Gokus fight abilities.

Maybe Beerus and Whis know more than they showed. Adult Mai is alive, awesome!

I totally forgot about the time machine cell came in. That was nice Bulma :)
Also the words of Vegeta to Trunks not to give up. He really grew up as a father and character <3

Jul 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
I noticed higher quality in this episode especially in the fight scenes. I know there is a full team of people animating every episode making them inconsistent but who ever does this style needs to stay on important stuff like this.
Jul 3, 2016 5:41 PM
Jul 2012
so mai is alive? someone who is as strong as trunks couldn't feel that she were alive? when you train to such a degree as most of the Z fighters have then your senses are pretty sensitive and thats without even mentioning their ki. if her heart stopped for a while then that would explain it but then what made her heart beat again. its not like it just went to bed and woke up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.