Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 16, 2016 4:06 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
How interesting!!!!

Jul 16, 2016 4:57 PM

Nov 2015

Hilarious first episode, the reactions and expressions of the MC were so natural and funny.
It was a nice episode, and I enjoyed it. Well, how could not with lines like "Was there really a time I understood all this?" referring to the subjects of the test jajaja. I could relate. With this first episode I know there will be much lines and moments like that that will make me smile because I can relate to that. Hell, the Job life is not easy, but the student life was hard too! jajaja.

Well, we already have to confirmed characters to be adults, the MC and the blonde guy... oh god, more names... I'm bad with names =_=

PD: The MC should have asked if it was legal to approach that girl... jaja. I mean, it was a good legitimate question.
HumbertoZeroJul 16, 2016 5:02 PM
Jul 20, 2016 2:43 AM

Apr 2016
Interesting concept, let me see how it goes... (o.o)
Jul 25, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, this show seems to have very good start with some great plot going on.
It's interesting coincidence that he was put into third year where students are mainly searching for their job.

Ok, some of my observations:

- Either he is dreaming everything up because of alcohol or he will hold great regret when he needs to leave them in the end.
- I strongly believe he's not the only one who was relifed. I wonder if there are other people even in his classroom, for now An seems to be the most fitting candidate but she doesn't have to be the only one. Would be actually quite funny if whole class was relifed.
- What was that weird flasback when he talked to the teacher? Was the black-haired girl the real reason why he quit his job back then? Coincidently could this girl be Chizuru? (same hairstyle)
- And how come he's subject number 2? Does that mean Ryou was overseeing another student last year who failed to stop being NEET after the project?

Anyway, can't wait to see those answers.
Jul 30, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2014
The OST was weird for the first half, still good start overall. 4/5
Aug 9, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
Ryou was annoying, which is not a big surprise.
Aug 11, 2016 3:11 PM

Jun 2016
Let the story begin, from zero!
Sep 2, 2016 3:30 AM

Jan 2016
I thought the story ends if you take the blue pill...
Sep 5, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
Quite liked this first episode. Expecting glasses girl to be another ReLIFE participant.
Sep 5, 2016 11:16 PM

Apr 2013
What a godly soundtrack!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 10, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2015
I honestly have no idea about the story or plot when I first watched it. But I'm surprised that they made a 27 years old into a high schooler. It's a really funny episode.

I somehow think that the genius girl is actually an adult, which is why she's smart.

Sep 14, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2016
Didn't particularly laugh at any of the jokes, and I found the concept to be creepy and illogical.
So, this show is about a secret organization who created a pill that makes you younger, and they put Neets to Relive their high school years.

That just gives me a lot of questions. Also, Ryo creeps me out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2016 4:45 AM

Jan 2016
Okey that entertaining, "here's a pill that turn you back to a high scholar" basically xD
Really funny and interesting story base, wonderful first episode and will diffidently enjoy this! kinda alright OP, its quite enjoying to listen too.

still have questions like why and how the hell did they make that pill ?? oo well its not so important, might know why later?
Dead_By_HeartSep 16, 2016 4:52 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 22, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2008
just started watching ep1 from [FFF] BD subs!
The OP artist is the same as the OP of Sinbad recent anime...
it was an OKAY start!
A NEET whose given a chance to restart his life as a high school student and see if he could change things like for example not being a NEET anymore.
As for me, I would really hate to go back mathematics class for real! that's a real nightmare for me and thesis and programming! OMG real life! I want escapism and not be a NEET but a chuuni! LOLZ!
4/5.

Sep 26, 2016 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
This is hilarious and pretty lighthearted at the same time. Though there's pressure to the MC sure, I do love how it's starting out. I should've watched this earlier so I could stay motivated on watching anime.
Nov 5, 2016 1:20 AM

Sep 2016
From the first episode i found it appealing in many ways, the characters are interesting the story keeps you engaged as Arata begins his journey to restructure his life & the mystery factor of the pill, also the tone of appeal the majority of us can appeal to such as everyday life it does great in the slice of life aspect and the show has some funny moments that killed me looking forward to it with hopes of it getting even better
Facta Non Verba
Nov 7, 2016 11:18 PM

Mar 2015
RELife means to Restart your life once again, huh? Naruhodo :3

I am 28 years old, unemployed and shut-in so I can relate to him. I also thought wanting to enter high school once again since Im a late bloomer.

Lets see what will happen on next episode.

ED Song: 3/5
ED Animation: 3/5

3.7/5
Nov 20, 2016 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
This show is really promising! I love it when I feel I am into the story right from the beginning!
Dec 17, 2016 5:19 AM
Mar 2015
In manga everybody are more beautifull !!! >.< But what can I do about it? ;p This episode was fine, but It's not what I expected. It wasn't bad, that's it. I hope animation will be better in next episodes...
Jan 1, 2017 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
I wish that this show become more serious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2017 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
Really cool concept in my opinion. I enjoyed this episode a lot, and I don't mind that it's completely unrealistic and unlikely. I just kind of hope that it isn't too easy for him to get good friends and, as the tags suggest, a romance. That would take the unrealistic thing a little too far imo.
Jan 11, 2017 10:31 PM

Sep 2014
This was very fun. I'll excuse the pill's effect because it is anime after all. I'm hoping this maintains its comedic tone and if it wants to have a Dramatic undertone I don't mind it either. I just mainly enjoyed it because of how funny it was.
Jan 14, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2016
I thought the first episode was really good and really funny. i haven't read the manga. It's a shame that it is being rushed as some people said.
The story so far is great. I think it's interesting how he is getting to start his life over again. The ending theme is catchy.
Let's see what the next episode is like.
Jan 15, 2017 2:44 AM

May 2013
Cool plot! I'm interested in where things will go :)

Funny parts were funny *thumbs up*
Feb 5, 2017 12:57 AM

Jul 2013
This was very interesting and a lot of fun to watch. I don't think I have ever watched something like that. Crazy to think about if this would ever happen to yourself. I wonder how I would react to it. :D

Arata is the typical neet guy. No work, lying to his friends about what he's really doing, sponsored by his parents etc. This is the best chance to change his life, even if the first day in school didn't went well haha. I had a lot of laughs because it's weird but funny at the same time.

God that conversation between Arata and his teacher was hilarious, especially because he's older lol.

So Ryou is his personal observer for the whole year. I'm so curious what will happen after that year and how Arata will do in school.

Looking forward to see more. :)

PS: really like the OP!

Feb 6, 2017 12:55 AM

Oct 2012
So it's not about time traveling, it's about drugs instead
Lol xD

Scolded by Sawashiro Miyuki as a teacher? What a treat xD
Age gap makes everything interesting
I wonder how will he communicate with younger people
"Signature removed"
Feb 6, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2013
As a university student I can relate to this guy.

The cigarette scene killed me XD
Mar 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Jul 2016
Havent read the manga, but pilot looks promising. Although I would like to have a bit more character exposition in further episodes and whats the deal with the ReLife project. Who is behind that and whatnot.

As said, I don't know the manga, but a pilot has also to hook viewers like me and I think it did an ok job. If the manga starts really slow you just cant translate it 1:1 into an anime cause just the manga fans would watch it. Give it a few more episodes and you will see if it is well done after all.
Nov 19, 2017 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
" I bought it out of habit" (dam that's a huge slip-up) 😂
& Yoake also laughing hes ass off 😂
Apr 15, 2018 2:46 AM

Dec 2012
Leave the NEET's alone.
He quit his job after 3 months.
Oh shit! His parents not sending him no more money.
A man appears before him.
His name is Ryo and he's from Relife. He said the name of the show. Roll credits!
An experiment?
A pill?
He's a teenager again?
Go back to high school? Lucky fuck!
lol He went to the back.
WTF! Ryo is in his class and he knows someone from a previous year? lol
MIYUKI!!!!
lol at Kariu. The cougher.
lol at Showga.
OnoA. An is cute.
LMAO at Arata getting excited that he can legally be friends with a high school girl.
lol at tests.
LMAO He had cigs in his bag.
LMAO at Arata not realizing the problem.
Arigatou.
LMAO at Miyuki-sensei saying that he'll regret smoking when he grows up not knowing he's already grown as fuck.
Miyuki-sensei is 24.
Arata turns 28 this year.
Who is that woman? Arata's choking?
#1 failed.

Great first episode. Nice OP and ED songs.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
Seems interesting so far, and the comedy bits were quite good as well.
I'm pretty sure that at least one or two of the other main characters will turn out to be a ReLIFE subject as well.
May 14, 2018 12:10 PM

Oct 2009
Hmmm, seems pretty interesting ^^
May 18, 2018 5:19 PM

May 2018
I enjoyed the first episode a lot, but I haven't read the manga.

I can't wait for Kaizaki's character development and how it'll change his life. I'm such a sucker for these kinds of things.

Favorite characters at first glance: Kaizaki, Rena.

<3

Oct 26, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't like the start so much. The comedy is a bit silly and forced. At least the animation is good and the characters are tolerable. The whole thing about the mysterious pill is weird lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 24, 2018 5:04 AM

Sep 2014
And here we go (again)! Cant believe its already 2 1/2 years since I first watched this. Kinda ironic considering what ReLife is about.

I did not remember it was this cringy, but I guess thats my fault.

Why are teachers in anime always this concerned about their students, especially when it comes to smoking (at school). Is it just for anime or is it a cultural thing? When I was like 15 or 16 and my teacher caught us smoking all she did was saying "dont do it again" and then she even gave us the cigarettes back after the school trip.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 10, 2019 9:04 PM

Feb 2018
Nice drug xD, i want it.
May 15, 2019 4:35 PM
Dec 2018
I loved kaizaky's facial expressions. The first episode was really cool. I'll try to continue with this anime.

PS: it was a big fail to leave the pencil case at home and bring tobacco to high school the first day... Just LOL
Jun 15, 2019 2:28 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 4, 2019 12:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Glad to be back to this show!

I do believe the manga form is superior and I should rather re-go through that instead but I’ve been away from manga for a while now, so guess there’s no helping that.

It’s a great fun first episode, pity that it’s a little to the rushed side however leaving aside some crucial developments and the sort. Comedic scenes are on point, my favourite being the “bruh, chill” reaction to the cigarette pack scene, but the use of OST’s is a little iffy to say the least. Pretty solid introduction to the MC, Kaizaki, and the flashback to
was very well-timed! Interesting little bombshell in the end with “failed 1st test”, I remember being a little shocked over that earlier but it just gives off a totally different melancholy feeling now.

Definitely ecstatic to go through the remaining 12 (16 including the OVAs) episodes!

Comander-07 said:
And here we go (again)! Cant believe its already 2 1/2 years since I first watched this. Kinda ironic considering what ReLife is about.

Same here, it’s been a long three years since my first watch and it’s kinda ironic indeed lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Mar 2016
Ah yes... A show I always wanted to watch due to its unique premise.
OP and ED is quite nice, quite typical but still nice...

The first day of school and Kaizaki totally messed up HARD. Embarrassed himself multiple times, accidentally labelling himself as a smoker, being unprepared to carry basic items and failing the test. If I know one thing about high school, especially the last year of it is that he needs to get going, study and adapt to this new life he has that is if he does not want to fail.

Aside from that, damn that girl with the glasses is hella cute!

Seems like there's someone who has undergone the experiment before Kaizaki himself huh... My mind is telling me that this person is in the same class as Kaizaki though I don't know who.
ShadowkillZOct 19, 2019 10:15 PM
Jun 7, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
Nice and funny start, but I liked the start as he was 27 and was kinda happy to watch anime about mature people, but then this about high school ;S I forgot about what this anime is and just started to watch it so it surprised me :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 11, 2020 11:21 AM

May 2018
Lol 'it's only a pack of cigarettes'
Aug 12, 2020 6:05 AM

Jun 2020
i've always wanted to watch this, it has an interesting premise!

just feel that it would be weird if he started a romance with a high school girl lol that's gross

anyway i really liked the voice acting!! and the characters are all interesting, excited to finally get started on this!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 18, 2020 9:58 AM

Mar 2020
haha, couldn't stop laughing, entertaining episode and interesting plot
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Nov 21, 2020 11:18 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, as a 25 year old, I have never related so hard to a protagonist before than this one. Looks like I found a new anime to binge. The dub is pretty good too

Jan 17, 2021 1:52 PM

Jul 2019
Needed some romance to watch after seeing My Little Monster.

I must say that is this indeed a good first episode, very funny too. Not outstanding, but great still. Wonder how the ReLIFE program will turn out.
Feb 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
Gonna reread the manga after rewatching the anime for the full experience but I have to say, seeing this after nearly 4 years, I had a good time watching this. Sure it was pretty fast but it was also really entertaining too with some absolute golden reactions by Kaizaki throughout as he panics through the first day of his ReLIFE project by fucking up many things at school, especially with being caught with cigarettes (which while is fine for his real age, isn't quite fine for the new ReLIFE age as a high school student). Fun stuff.
Mar 13, 2021 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
I love it already!!! XD
Mar 2, 2022 1:51 AM

Aug 2018
What a first day xd
This interesting, I wanted to watch this anime and I liked the first chapter.
Mar 13, 2022 3:14 AM

Jun 2020
Looks an interesting opening here.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.