Forum Settings
Forums

What disliked anime characters do you like?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 6, 2016 2:58 AM

Nov 2009
romagia said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I don't really know too much about which characters are disliked. It's times like this when I with MAL had a "least favourite" feature.
luckily, anime-planet has this feature
http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/top-hated

Page 5: Hinata. My favorite girl from Naruto. So moe. Why do people dislike her, do they have no heart?

Page 6: Asuna (SAO)? Why?? She isn't even an overpowered main character, like her love Kirito from page 4.
What? she's more hated than Matou Shinji (F/SN)?? Even people who don't know about Heaven's Feel should hate him at least as much as Yukki and Shinji! (those who know about Heaven's Feel should hate him as much as Sugou Nobuyuki from the first page)

Rukia (Bleach) is also hated. I wonder what she was like after they finally rescued her to deserve it.

Page 7: I wonder if that's too far to be considered hated, with 1600-1500 haters, as opposed to page 1's 9000-5000.
By the way, yes, Sakura has over 9000 haters. Along with some guy from FMA (must be that guy who fused his own daughter and his dog into some unhappy monstrosity).

Anyway, on page 7, there are the fun main characters like Gasai Yuuno (Mirai Nikki) and Suzumiya Haruhi (SHnY), two other shounen leads like Ichigo and Luffy, and some other people I don't know about. I would not bother going further.

So-Intense said:
How are people saying Kirito? He's like the 9th most favorited character on MAL.

He's #1 hated on anime discussion subforum (personal estimate), and #50 hated on anime-planet.
Jun 6, 2016 2:59 AM

Oct 2014
romagia said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I don't really know too much about which characters are disliked. It's times like this when I with MAL had a "least favourite" feature.
luckily, anime-planet has this feature
http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/top-hated
That's a good feature to have. Of the first page the one character that I liked was Near. I can see why people wouldn't like him, he's no where near (haha) as interesting or as good of a detective as L, but he's still a good character. On the second page Suzaku and Gluttony I didn't mind, but I didn't particularly "like" either of them. They had their strengths and their weaknesses and I'm fairly neutral towards both of them. I can understand why people wouldn't like Gluttony as he is kind of disgusting, but at the end (no idea what happened in Brotherhood) they show that he really does have real human emotions and isn't just a "black hole". I'm not completely sure why people hate Suzaku so much. He doesn't have too much of a personality, but that's better than having a bad one. He sort of worked for the other team, but he had his own reasons for doing that.
Jun 6, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2015
Hm... i have really weird taste when it comes to that. xD
Esdeath for example, people mostly hate her 'cause she's...you know what...but i kinda like her for that haha. xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2016 3:03 AM

Mar 2016
Sasuke is bae.

I remember I've always loved Orihime from Bleach.

Rukia is my Bleach #1

Lmao, Envy is hated, I didn't know. He is one of my fav FMA characters.

Kikyo from Inuyasha best girl

Annie Leonhardt is A++

I HAD NO CLUE ARMIN IS SO WIDELY HATED, I only know ppl who love him like I do. o.o

Eren <3

Raki from Claymore

PRISCILLA

Miyo Takano waifu for laifu

Asuka

Bold: my all-time favourites
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
Jun 6, 2016 3:07 AM

Jul 2013
doitagain said:
Raki from Claymore

PRISCILLA
Damn, I also forgot to mention these two. But only in the manga, since the anime didn't do justice to their characters.
Jun 6, 2016 3:34 AM

Aug 2014
Kirito from Sword Art Online I honestly don't even know why I like him.....

Pico x CoCo x Chico

Onii-chaaan~ 🤍
Jun 6, 2016 3:45 AM

May 2014
flannan said:
Intense said:
I don't know, because I have no idea which characters are hated and which aren't.

Well, you can just take the characters people mention in this thread, like I do.

But I don't like any of the characters being mentioned in this thread, so no, I really can't.

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jun 6, 2016 3:47 AM

Feb 2016
One said:
Light from Death Note - Although Light is liked as well, he's also disliked for going against justice. In my opinion, he's one of the best characters ever created to date.

I really really liked Light until the very last episode when he turned out to be shameless teen-rage crybaby. If you go down you should go down with a style, not like a whiny spoiled 7 years old when mom refuses to buy him an ice cream.
Jun 6, 2016 3:52 AM

Feb 2016
Magus said:
idk i think everyone faps to my fav 2d girls

I have to admit, your list is quite impressive. Not the usual loli-girls-filled list. :)
Jun 6, 2016 3:58 AM

Nov 2009
ZettaiRyouiki said:
flannan said:
From what we know about Yozora's way of thinking, she never really intends to help other people with her bullying. She's just being mean for the sake of being mean.
For example, the next day after the truth about Yukimura was found out, Yozora tricked Yukimura into crossdressing again, in an attempt to take out the competition for Kodaka's attention.
Sena isn't being as intentionally evil as Yozora.

I never saw Yozora as "mean" or "evil" really, and claiming Sena isn't eviler when she stalks and chases poor Kobato around is kinda the strong claim. Yozora is just bad at dealing with people, but I frankly doubt she has evil intentions behind her acts. Unlike Sena who outright says all other women are bitches. Now that is what someone mean-spirited would say.

I said "intentionally" on purpose. I don't think Sena realizes what she's doing wrong with Kobato. Maybe I'm projecting.
Anyway, it's somewhat off-topic now.
Jun 6, 2016 4:09 AM

Feb 2015
anobaka said:
Magus said:

I have to admit, your list is quite impressive. Not the usual loli-girls-filled list. :)

Only pedobeards fap to thoae titless children (assless too)
Jun 6, 2016 4:22 AM

Mar 2016
Amber from Darker than Black,Gilgamesh (fate/zero),Chidori (Full Metal Panic!).
Jun 6, 2016 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Otome from School Days. Please explain to me how light teasing makes you so hated?

Arisa from Guilty Crown. Please explain to me what about her was irrational?
Jun 6, 2016 5:42 AM

Feb 2015
Pinoko.
Most people think of her as an annoying little kid. but I like her, I think she supports the other characters in the series.
Jun 6, 2016 5:45 AM

Apr 2014
hanamiya makoto and his crew.

i'm aware he loves breaking the leggy but i just can't help it.
Jun 6, 2016 5:50 AM
Nov 2015
orosan said:
orochimaru??

atleast i think he's disliked.

That's what make answering so hard. You don't know which charcters is disliked :p

Well, I like some asshole villains from One Piece (Enel, Mr 0, Doffy, Jack .. etc)
I like Furata from TG:re ( Tha manga )
I like Kuzan ( Or Kakuzo, I don't remember the name, he's the immortal man) and Orochimaru (Kabuto, no I don't)
From Bleach, I love the Kimono Captain ( I think he's kind of disliked)

I think it would be easier if the people put a list of disliked charcter and we should pick those we like from it.
Jun 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Aug 2013
Sasuke
Ever since i was 12.
He's edgy and shit. When i grow up i wanna be just like him.
Also Slaine Troyard
I don't get the hate, he just did what he believed was right!!11!!
And he actually shows human emotion unlike Inaho
#TeamSlaine
Jun 6, 2016 6:20 AM

Jan 2016
Haruyuki Arita of Accel World.

I don't understand the hate this guy gets too.
Jun 6, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2016
Hmmm both makoto's (from ruroni kenshin and school days).
Oh and i don't understand why a lot of people hate raki from claymore, i really like him (in manga of course)
Jun 6, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2016
The Accel World MC
I dont know why people disliked him, he is just pessimist

Jun 6, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2015
I love Kirino from OreImo.
Although i can understand why her bitchy attitude annoys a lot of people, I never understood why people say there's no justification to her tsundere personality. To me it's the opposite, I like her because she's one of the few tsunderes who actually has a valid reason to behave like that (although you have to get to the end of the story to learn it, something that a lot of people who hate her probably haven't done).
Jun 6, 2016 6:52 AM

Dec 2015
I liked Suzaku. He was a good knight and he really loved Euphie. Was a good romance and he was better than Lelouch. Lelouch was the "bad guy" and I usually don't like bad guys. (But plot-wise of course as main he was still interesting/okay.)

But yeah. Lots of people seemed to hate Suzaku but I liked him.

Can't remember any other chars I really liked cause I usually do not like main chars and only like other (side) chars and most people do not have too much opinion about them to hate them.

Oh and that School Days guy (I think someone above mentioned him): He was okay. It was the girls that were stupid. :P Not his fault for having fun.
Jun 6, 2016 7:53 AM

Mar 2016
Sakura from fate/stay
And hanekawa i guess , watched bakemonogatari and she's my favorite from the show .
Jun 6, 2016 8:19 AM
Feb 2009
mbino said:
- nadeko from monogatari series

- emiya shirou : because he's made a legendary quotes that still used till now

Rather Nadeko barely has a personality. Going "Koyomi-oniichan!" doesn't count as a personality.

Emiya Shirou - I actually didn't know he was hated but holy s* the hate out there. Agree, hes pretty hated for no good reason.
Jun 6, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
I gotta say Shaiapouf from Hunter x Hunter. So many viewers wanted him dead yet I found him entertaining to no end. He excells as both comic relief and as a villain.
Jun 6, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2016
Orihime from Bleach. She is just so adorable and sweet even though many view her as annoying and pointless.
Jun 6, 2016 8:57 AM

May 2016
anobaka said:
Magus said:

yeah, they got dem racks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I miss my GIFs of old ass memes.
Jun 6, 2016 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
I like Yozora Mikazuki from Haganai. I know most people dislike her as a character and they have good reasons to dislike her. But I find her interesting despite her flaws .
Jun 6, 2016 9:13 AM
Jun 2015

I'll have to type this before the lock.
Mayuri Shiina - I think she's cute and I always liked the nice girls.
Sakura Matou - I felt sorry for her and she actually is cute minus her actions in Heaven's feel.
Anri Sonohara - This one especially. Sure, she's shy and has big boobs(why is this even a reason), but not only is that kinda underplayed, pretty much for gotten in the second season but she went through some fucked up shit and she's fucking badass afterwards.
Sachiko Shinozaki - How can you hate this sadistic little devil loli after blood drive as shit as that game was?
Mami Tomoe - I don't think she's all that great but how is
a reason to put her as one of the worst anime characters, or she deserves a painful death? Her relationship with Homura is barely even a reason.
Fukawa Touko - Yeah, a girl who's insecurities traumatized her until
and it constantly talking about her bad traits throughout the story.. What a bitch..?

Now for characters that are actually very well received but I have seen some unfair hate for:
Ene Enemoto - I don't see anybody hating on tsundere!ene(Takane)but some people claim Ene is a whore who wants Shintaro to himself.. Just no.
All the Alice characters
"B rabbit" - People say that she's either annoying, a bitch or sometimes, even a retard. I don't see the reasoning behind "Retard" there. And there's a thing called character development. She wasn't even THAT bitchy at first. It was just that she wouldn't be afraid to let out her feelings on something, even if they were harsh. The reason why she was so pissed off when she's first introduced. I don't see how she's annoying.. Because she's short? Because she's cute?
Will of the abyss - Incredibly unfair here. She's suffered the most and people write her off as a crazy bitch or something.
Lacie - I rarely see hate for her but there are people saying that she's a shit woman or she's an "inconsistent" character... Did we read the same book?
Hiyori Iki and Yukine - Hiyori is not dull, if you think so, then you barely even watched the show. Yukine, he's fine and gets better later on. That and he's really likable manga wise.
Kuroko Shirai - I see why people hate her.. But I love her.
Any loli/tsundere ever - Hating a character because they follow the basics of an archetype you dislike is a sign you have no life imo.

And not including anime:
Star butterfly needs more love. She's not over the top or annoying. She's only like that for 4 to 5 episodes at most. After that, she's great. Mable from gravity falls is more energetic than her yet gets much less hate.

I'm sure there's more.
Jun 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
Ikari Shinji and his predecessor Amuro Ray (even if he doesn't appear on the given website): I like them for the reasons they are hated and how they progress through their respective stories.

Elpeo Ple (Gundam ZZ): I liked the fact this series gave a (real) chance to his hero to "save" an abused ennemy soldier. I don't see her as illogical as anyone says.

Now, based on the "top of the hate":
Excalibur from Soul Eater (manga), Don Kanon'ji and Kon from Bleach, Mr.Satan from Dragon Ball: those characters were funny and even brought me to laughs. Mr.Satan was a desperate try to forcefully inject back the original DNA of the series, Kanon'ji and Kon are part of what is for me the best part of their manga.
The Führer in Hagaren (manga): I don't know... he catched my interest since his first appearance (manga) and he was also my biggest disappointment in the animation (though the manga could have also done something better with him, I suppose).
Frieza: he was effective as the biggest villainous threat we had ever face, despite coming after a "devil king" (in-universe, and in general). Of course, he cumulated everything that could make a character a villain but it was necessary at this point. (after that, Cell seemed totally stupid and Bû had to rely on comedy to make some impact)

I don't really like him but I appreciate what the character offered:
Ikari Gendô: simple, no Gendô = no story.
Jun 6, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
AltoRoark said:
I gotta say Shaiapouf from Hunter x Hunter. So many viewers wanted him dead yet I found him entertaining to no end. He excells as both comic relief and as a villain.
I agree with this. He was also the Royal Guard who received more development, thing who made his character even better.
Jun 6, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
Somuchgamer said:
The Accel World MC
The first word most people uses to describe him is as an "Ugly Fatass". So I guess they judges him by look target than the character.
Jun 6, 2016 10:24 AM

May 2016
Z-Dante said:
Somuchgamer said:
The Accel World MC
The first word most people uses to describe him is as an "Ugly Fatass". So I guess they judges him by look target than the character.

There's plenty of reasons to hate him--along with any other character from the Accel World/SAO universe--but just hating him because he's fat? That's just fuckin' dumb.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 6, 2016 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
Not sure. I don't usually hate anime characters so long as they fit into their shows meaningfully. I think Yoko is both awesome and sexy despite people slut shaming her all the time. I guess I kinda hate the protagonist of Scool Days since he's so brain dead, but you'd kinda have to be that way to reach such a bad end. I tend to dislike characters on a cosmetic level. This is by no means objective but I don't like bald characters so One Punch Man is a huge turnoff for me.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jun 6, 2016 10:31 AM
Dec 2015
i think Nagase Iori from Kokoro Connect...
it seems that lot of people start to dislike(or rather pissed off) after her attitude change....
but I still like her...looking at her condition...
Jun 6, 2016 11:18 AM
Apr 2013
Yubaba from Spirited Away. She's awesome.
Jun 6, 2016 11:55 AM
Jun 2016
Kirito came in mind immediately... I don't think theres someone else since I haven't watched many animes ( 35 animes so far )
Jun 6, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
Slaine troyard

Mikaela hyakuya

Noriko Sonozaki

Ferid Bathory

Cinnamon_PrammaJun 6, 2016 12:03 PM
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 6, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2016
I would say Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. He may not be as likeable as it gets, but he's pretty well written in a realistic sense
Jun 6, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2016
As weird as it may seem, my list is 100% serious.

Shiba Tatsuya - There are two different levels of being overpowered. There's the average OP MC who's reasonably more powerful than everyone else and so manages to win most of the time if not all. He has weaknesses and so they get exploited every once in a while showing that he he isn't completely invincible but can still curbstomp everyone else.....

And then there's Onii-sama aka god aka the messiah.

Now, I've found out that people think this guy is boring because he beats people easily with 1% of his power and can do every fucking thing that's possible in his series. To be honest, if his OPness was a little more half-assed I'd probably be pissed off too. However it isn't. I mean look at this :

It's passed the point of being an annoying MC and has reached amazingly ridiculous levels. I mean, I was like "wtf" after he nuked some poor plebs. But it wasn't a bad "wtf". It was a "wtf" with a ridiculous smile on my face. I wouldn't watch Mahouka without him.

Sugou Nobuyuki - I like SAO in more ways than one and this guy is a testament to that. Is he poorly written? Probably. Cringey? I'm sure more than a few people feel that way. Laughable? Oh fuck yes. He made me laugh and that's a good thing. It's far better than giving me some villain with average/boringly reasonable motives. I rank "so-bad-it's-good" as higher than average since it leaves me with an impression.

Not to mention that I've never met a more stylish mofo.

Shinji Matou - I'm pretty sure many Fatefags would be appalled at how I can possibly like this guy. It's not very different from how I like Sugou tho. He's the hero I need and hope to be worthy of deserving. @OneTrueEmiya's propaganda didn't help things either. I liked him more than half of the cast in HF as well.

Emiya Shirou - Not gonna type a lot on this guy. I don't like him in a "so bad it's good" way tho. There's a lot of thought put into his character but most people don't notice. At the very least, in UBW.
Jun 6, 2016 11:51 PM

Sep 2015
Maybe Ikari Shinji, Asuka Langley or Grifffith
Jun 7, 2016 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
mine would have to be black star, i often see him getting quite a bit of hate other sites (though it is understandable why XD)
Jun 7, 2016 6:07 AM

Mar 2015
Kamille Bidan. He gets a lot of hate on other places due to him being seen as the most "autistic" newtype.
Jun 7, 2016 6:12 AM

May 2008
Yazawa Nico. People who hate her just have no self-confidence and are jealous, tbh.

Nico's the best μ's girl, haters gonna hate but Nico Nico nii I guess.

kirisakitrash said:
hanamiya makoto and his crew.

i'm aware he loves breaking the leggy but i just can't help it.

The only thing Hanamiya is good for is getting his ass handed to him by Imayoshi. I hate Hanamiya but god damn ImaHana is hot.
Zazie122Jun 7, 2016 6:18 AM
Jun 7, 2016 6:47 AM

Mar 2015
Definitely Shaiapouf. Such an insane husbando <33333
what
Jun 7, 2016 6:47 AM

May 2014
Off the top of my head, I'd say...

Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)>> I've not come across many people who actually like Lucy...most just seem to complain that she's useless fanservice fodder, whereas, for me she was one of the few characters I liked in the anime. We're first introduced to what appears to be a pretty selfish, superficial girl who in reality is kind, intelligent & willful. Sure, she's not as combative as Erza, but it doesn't mean she's weak or useless either & it definitely isn't a reason not to like her imo!

Pariston Hill (HxH)>> Yeah, he's evil trash who sparkles but I'll be damned if his sociopathic charms don't work on me. I'm just partial to characters like that...I guess they're my bias XD

Alois Trancy (Black Butler II)>> So many people hated on Alois for being an annoying, whining bipolar...that, as a foil, Ciel could've turned out like him had he been "weak", but I honestly disagree. Ciel is one of my favorite characters of all time, but I never viewed him as any better or stronger than Alois- they're weaknesses and strengths were just displayed in different ways. One thing I adored about Alois was that unlike Ciel he didn't lock away or lose his capacity to love & accept love in return. I also enjoyed his moments of insanity and emotional outbursts since we don't really get them all that often with Ciel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2016 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Yumiko Miura from Oregairu. At first she appears to be a stuck-up person, but her characters develops somewhere in the 2nd season and turns out that she's nice to Yui. She's not best friends with Yui but she can be trusted. She has nice hair too. People see her as a bitch, but the true bitch of the series is Minami. I'm glad they made her a background character than a supporting one. Yumiko is more respectable than Minami.
Jun 7, 2016 8:42 AM

Jan 2016
Z-Dante said:
Somuchgamer said:
The Accel World MC

Yep.... from the few people I've had arguments/discussion with here about that character... that always comes up. Makes you think that its only a shallow, superficial reason why people hate him.
Jun 7, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know, Popular opinion is to hate on Nadeko Sengoku from the Monogatari series, but I feel like protecting her smile.

"...ahh, you're really wonderful. I like you. Oh, of course Mari-san is the first okay? I won't give up on Mari-san being my legal wife."
Jun 7, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
-Asagi- said:
I don't know, Popular opinion is to hate on Nadeko Sengoku from the Monogatari series, but I feel like protecting her smile.
She's not even that hated (ranked #8 in the Shaft's most popular heroines and more than 1000 favs in this website).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does wearing sunglasses make female anime characters look hotter ?

KingSunWukong - 29 minutes ago

5 by Rhae »»
17 seconds ago

» Does Manhwa Anime reflect the Plastic Surgery Culture of Korea?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

6 by Rhae »»
2 minutes ago

» Does your waifu know how to strike a good pose?

Catalano - 20 minutes ago

4 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 5 hours ago

13 by Rhae »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

102 by Pokitaru »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.