Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 10, 2016 5:05 AM
Mar 2012
Lol touristy stuff. Quality yo tofu, nice crepe.
Dazai having fun with mad hatter. Interesting how Doppo & Rampo don't want to save tiger kun.
Yep Doppo foreshadowing: Kyouka x Atsushi have shipped. Just need to kick off the extra. Next ep could be awesome.
Jun 11, 2016 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode.
Dazai being a badass, ninja detective. Chuuya is so cool.
Atushi and Kyouka's bond is going good, until he's abducted. It's cruel that their moment is ruined.
Ranpo should have helped them at the beginning though. He's silly, lelz. It's funny that he just uses his skill at the last part because he only needs a praise from the president.
Jun 13, 2016 12:42 AM

Sep 2015
I like Chuuya's character lol, he compliments Dazai well. They would have been interesting partners. That date scene was awesome they're shipped its official lol. The next episode is amazing. Really didn't like how the show started out. They turned it around though that's for sure.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jun 15, 2016 8:07 AM

Feb 2016
So we come to know that dracula guy alias akutagawa's been the former senior of dazai. The beginning was quite amusing with dazai and kunikida having some serious dialogues. The mid part seemed a bit slow and was rather boring. However after the date the episode hit the gas pedal when atsushi got attacked and abducted by the port mafia. I wonder what's going to happen to that assassin now. If she'll die either way there's no purpose for her in living anymore I guess. Another point that took me by surprise was the fact that everyone just went in with the abduction and no one would've put effort into rescuing atsushi if it hadn't been for the president.

And I have to say this guy's the most entertaining to watch :D

Jun 24, 2016 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
I love how Naomi initiatively took action to mitigate the situation. Too bad she didn't possess any ability, I would like to see her more. Ranpo was ultra hilarious this time, he decided to help just for the sake of getting praised by the big boss LOL

Kinda feel bad for Kyouka though. She willingly about to surrender herself to the police. Looks like it'll be epic for next episode, need to catch up with the current episodes asap (=゚Д゚=)
Jun 24, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2010
I find it weird that Ranpo and Kunikida weren't ready to save Atsushi, and then Kunikida wished him not to get killed....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
Cool episode. I feel like the series has finally take a way after Kunikida's arc. I like Kyoka, she is cute and was prepared to pay for her crimes with dignity. Atsushi's wallet lasted more of what I though at first.

Meanwhile, Dazai "reunites" again with his ex-partner of the Port Mafia. I must say I like the guy's design (especially for the hat). Wonder how the battle will end.

Ranpo's motive to help the agency to find Atsushi was hillarious. He just want be noticed by his senpai xD His facial expressions made this even better.

Next episode looks very good.
Jul 3, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2010
One of the better episode. Ranpo never fails to amuse me.
Jul 5, 2016 7:03 PM

Mar 2015
Hah Ranpo such a lazy git
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 17, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2012
Very impressive episode, looking forward to see what the last 3 episodes will have to offer!
Jul 26, 2016 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
Wow the new girl has some really cute expressions HNG.

I felt really sad when she went to the police office by herself. ='(
It really did hurt me =L
Sep 28, 2016 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
It made me feel relieved that at least Kyouka knew and understood that she needed to be turned in.
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
Oct 7, 2016 10:35 AM

May 2014
The Kyouka x Atsushi "date" was cute, and I was giggling when he kept checking how much money he had left.

Thought it was suspicious that Dazai got caught, but guess he let them do it on purpose??
Also took an immediate liking to Chuuya, I bet him and Dazai made one outlandish team. Honestly, I'm so glad this is 2 cours and not 1!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2017 2:40 AM

Aug 2016
So much happening in one episode

Set by SenpieX
Apr 27, 2017 5:53 PM
Nov 2016
my honest thoughts:
I didn't care about Kyouka *cough* minor character that look like 10 and talk like 9. didn't care about the force ship that didn't have any build or sense in it, and besically was stupid!
the group that suppose to support Atsushi, was kind of a banch of assholes. but I"m glad the big boss tell them to save him.
poor Atsushi, to be stab in the back! god damn, it mast hurt a lot. at least now the series focues a little more on Atsushi, the main character then a bunch of minor characters.
Jun 27, 2017 9:41 AM

May 2013
I love their President TTATT what a great guy <3 this is why he da leader :') I would love to see him in battle mode *O*

Didn't know Ranpo was so stingy or by the books, only do it if it's profitable type of guy <:/ really thought he was cool when the episode was his turn to shine during that one police case, but his personality just sucks balls if he's gonna be like this :|
Dec 8, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
Atsushi u just burst out the word date without thinking & then delayed reaction lol
Mar 19, 2018 3:43 AM
Jan 2017
President was so intense
May 3, 2018 5:10 PM

Aug 2017
Kyouka and Atsushi moments are well made. Rampo is still funny. Atsushi and Dazai are in the same place? 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 5, 2018 4:29 PM

Feb 2015
this was actually pretty boring, lol
Oct 15, 2018 9:52 PM

Dec 2013
Atsushi finally got captured. It was only a matter of time.

Ranpo got some praise from the boss lol
Jan 28, 2019 3:25 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ranpo was an asshole, wtf!

Kyouka was so cute this episode, shame it all end to end like that...
Preview for next episodes seems to tease MC finally to get his shit together, finally!
Feb 20, 2019 8:26 AM

Apr 2009
how many people did she kill again? I didn't catch the number the first dozen times she mentions it.
Apr 2, 2019 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Okay I thought Ranpo was alright but wtf? You're fired gdammit.
Oct 13, 2019 3:39 PM

Aug 2018
Now that was cute episode
Apr 15, 2020 4:09 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode, can't wait for next episode.
Jun 3, 2020 7:53 AM

Jun 2019
This time, Rampo-san used his power anyway. I loved to see that dating scene.
lettuce<3
Jan 21, 2021 6:36 AM
Aug 2020
that was a good episode!!! so Dazai used to work in the port mafia hmmm
Feb 1, 2021 3:09 PM
Jul 2016
Ranpo's a massive dick, what's his issue? He's so arrogant. But my main issue is with Kunikida, why the hell was he so reluctant to save Atsushi?
Feb 21, 2021 8:31 PM

Sep 2018
They do everything to save Atsushi while they forget Dazai lol
Feb 25, 2021 9:41 AM

Mar 2019
Dazai is just perfection. Can't wait to see how he looekd and acted in past. Always loved these moments, hence why I love Yato+Nora.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 25, 2021 2:59 PM

Oct 2019
Again (just like in the end of episode 7 with Dazai's ridiculous lecture about justice), I do not quite get how some of the guys in the Arms Detective Agency are wired. The "argument" of Ranpo about not helping rescue Atsushi was absurd and ridiculous at best. The fact that Kunikida agreed with him (directly contradicting his "idealist" persona) made it even worse. Do I even need to explain something so elementary i.e. that a team that does not care about whether its team members live or die cannot function because that would mean that there is no trust and solidarity between them?

Did they really require the freaking President to teach them the basest of common sense and how teams are actually supposed to work? I love this show but I really do not get how some of the characters are written. The worst part is when the characters contradict themselves. Ranpo is super smart so he should be well aware of the "rationale" of helping Atsushi (if the team members do not trust each other, and this would be the outcome of them ditching Atsushi, the team would simply break apart; and that is purely if you look at it from a rational perspective).

Kunikida, in turn, should have disagreed with Ranpo about not helping Atsushi because he is supposed to be an "idealist seeking justice", and ditching your team-mate to his fate is as contrary to justice as it gets. I cannot understand what was the point of that ridiculous "argument" over whether to help Atsushi or not. It felt so arbitrary and off-character for both Ranpo and Kunikida that it might well have been used just to add 2-3 minutes of screentime.. Why can't the characters be a little more cohesive and self-consistent?
Apr 2, 2021 8:44 AM
Mar 2018
Sharpedon said:
Again (just like in the end of episode 7 with Dazai's ridiculous lecture about justice), I do not quite get how some of the guys in the Arms Detective Agency are wired. The "argument" of Ranpo about not helping rescue Atsushi was absurd and ridiculous at best. The fact that Kunikida agreed with him (directly contradicting his "idealist" persona) made it even worse. Do I even need to explain something so elementary i.e. that a team that does not care about whether its team members live or die cannot function because that would mean that there is no trust and solidarity between them?

Did they really require the freaking President to teach them the basest of common sense and how teams are actually supposed to work? I love this show but I really do not get how some of the characters are written. The worst part is when the characters contradict themselves. Ranpo is super smart so he should be well aware of the "rationale" of helping Atsushi (if the team members do not trust each other, and this would be the outcome of them ditching Atsushi, the team would simply break apart; and that is purely if you look at it from a rational perspective).

Kunikida, in turn, should have disagreed with Ranpo about not helping Atsushi because he is supposed to be an "idealist seeking justice", and ditching your team-mate to his fate is as contrary to justice as it gets. I cannot understand what was the point of that ridiculous "argument" over whether to help Atsushi or not. It felt so arbitrary and off-character for both Ranpo and Kunikida that it might well have been used just to add 2-3 minutes of screentime.. Why can't the characters be a little more cohesive and self-consistent?

Finally, a smart person in the who pointed out the obvious. This show is inconsistent and ridiculous at times. That whole exchange was way ooc of kunikida? Like he was always watching out for him and took him in the agency and now he's kidnapped and obviously going to be killed and you guys are confused if it's necessary? This kunikida guy was so upset when a that bishie woman died whom he met a day but he paused when atsushi was taken to be killed? That was dumb lmao. I don't see the point of that scene when it should've been proactively decided to find him. Ah well I guess writers forget their own characters traits and personality.
Apr 9, 2021 5:16 AM
Mar 2021
Wow, I really enjoyed this episode

I like how we are getting to see the relationship between Atsushi and Kyouka really start to develop, but sadly it was cut short with Akutagawa appearing. I hope that they can see each other again

It was really cool hearing more about Dazai's past, and the fact that he was an executive part of the Port Mafia, maybe Dazai taught Akutagawa a lot of techniques that he knows now.

The only complaint that I have about the episode is the argument including Ranpo and Kunikida, I don't understand why they wouldn't want to save a member of their team
selenia13Apr 9, 2021 5:20 AM
May 24, 2021 5:35 AM

Jun 2020
Chuuya ♡__________♡ CHUUUUUUYAAAAAAA

Omg Ranpo is fucking cuteeeeee

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 30, 2021 6:36 AM

Nov 2020
Daizai could've just escape whenever he wasnt lmao. Rampo is such a good detective and he doesn't even have the ability.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Aug 13, 2021 9:52 PM
Dec 2017
Kyouka is quite the cutie pie alright.

Sep 28, 2021 12:07 PM
Nov 2020
CHUUYAAAAAAAA HAS ARRIVED!!!! I love that tiny angry man so much lol. Love his interactions with Dazai too of course haha.
Oct 25, 2021 4:24 PM
Sep 2020
Well at least Kyouka got to have some fun on a date with Atsushi !! The Port Mafia really suck !! Naomi and Tanizaki were worried about Atsushi and wanted so save him immediately !! I love those 2 so much !! Also Naomi went straight to the President and he suspended that current task so everyone can looks for Atsushi !! The President knows that their member is abducted so that's top priority !!
Sam_SinghOct 25, 2021 4:32 PM
Sep 11, 2022 2:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh, Atsushi is in a really bad position right now being kidnapped as well but I'm not surprised they had no struggle to track the little girl again since they put that tracking device in her body, at least the agency is going to save him
Sep 14, 2022 7:29 PM

Jun 2022
This episode was confusing
Oct 5, 2022 3:47 AM
Aug 2021
You have a bounty on your head and you are going on date openly, you are naïve and careless yup that's why I don't like mc like this tbh.
Oct 5, 2022 3:48 AM
Aug 2021
Baka-Hiru said:
Is it me or does Ranpo hate Atsushi? I mean the fu**s he give about the guy ain't even zero.

true man was that suppose to be funny? that carelessness is annoying af
Oct 17, 2022 8:38 PM

Oct 2018
They are going for the confrontation, we get more about Kyouka.
Dec 6, 2022 8:35 PM

Feb 2017
Kyouka is sweet I hope things turn out okay for her.
"My new apprentice is superior to you in every way imaginable." That's gotta hurt, lmaoo. Not true though, Atsushi is a dumbass.
It was stupid for him to be walking around. What did he expect?
The agency boss is a good guy. Looking out for his subordinates. I like Kunikida less now. He cares so much about faceless innocent civilians, but not Atsushi?
Chuuya and Dazai have chaotic sibling energy.
May 30, 2023 11:14 AM
Aug 2021
DAZAI AND CHUUYA SHOULD'VE KISSED ALSO IN THE PART THAT CHUUYA REPLIED TO DAZAI ''to harass you'' YEAH YEAH WE BELIEVED YOU YOU DIDNT WANT TO KISS HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE ESPECIALLY WHEN HE PULLED HIS HAIR
Jul 25, 2023 9:06 AM

Dec 2022
Kyouka and Atsushi's relationship developed quickly, with the dates and blushing just one episode after meeting. Atsushi is lucky to get such a cute girl already caring about him.

The Tanizaki siblings and the president were probably the people in the agency who had the least amount of interaction with Atsushi, yet only they seemed to care about rescuing Atsushi right off the bat. I find that strange, but it is endearing.

One doubt I have is that the "Port Mafia" would be able to operate this brazenly in the open without any repercussions. They regularly slaughter people en masse in public in broad daylight, which would absolutely start to involve military intervention at some point. Japan isn't some backwards Arabic or African hellhole ruled by paramilitary forces, it's a prosperous country. You'd expect operations to clean house of this mafia would be underway by now.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 6, 2023 6:38 PM
Jul 2023
nice, favourite character: Osama Dazai
Aug 27, 2023 3:16 AM

Apr 2013
Ranpo's disability is such bullshit, it really ruins this show.
Oct 16, 2023 1:08 PM
Sep 2023
Nice ongoing story
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

203 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 11:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.