Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 2016 10:07 AM

Nov 2014
The dragon scene would have been amazing if it was good animated.
May 2, 2016 10:21 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HollowIchigo58 said:
Tokoya said:
Looks like we may get another tournament in a future arc but with fighters from all of the different universes

Also, the Super Dragon looks way too badass....Also, "Master Vegeta" lol
I think Ultimate Shenron from GT got put to shame.

Also Super Shenron made Dragon Ball go Gurren Lagann.
Agreed

This Dragon looked phenomenal
May 2, 2016 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
"Hikari sasu michi to nare! Hishouse yo, Red Eyes Golden Dragon!!!" |  ̄Д ̄|/

Almost every new characters in DBS were joke/troll, didn't look strong/scary even a little bit. And somehow always friendly to Goku even though the gods of destruction almost shit their pants ╮(╯▽╰)╭
King of All, what's next!?? Queen of None..!??
May 2, 2016 10:56 AM

May 2014
This were a ok ep. I mean the appearance of the universal dragon tooooooooooooook way toooooooooooooooo long time Wtf???!!! And with that poor animation, I mean really? Did that dragon really need all that screaming and screentime. I would guess they gave the golden dragon half of the ep.

Also the King of all had really a unfitting annoying voice. That voice actor didn't fit with that character. Maybe they did it to make a comedy out of it. I dunno, but it really didn't fit. Anyways, except for his voice he looked like a cool and carefree guy. And Goku is carefree as always. Hahahha, that's why he is my always favorite. LOL

That wish Beerus-sama wished for Champa-sama were really sweet and kind of him. ahahah, so these Gods are really just like normal beings, just only with super strength.

hahah, and that ending. We all knew Monoka's real color after Goku punched him. But it's gonna get exciting how he get so strong in the next ep. I guess this is a filler were the character will switch bodies with each other. That's gonna be funny to watch.
May 2, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2014
Restoration said:
Zollty said:
Dragon animation was bad very bad...
You still going on about the animation? When will you give up?

Well, be honest. It weren't that good. Usually they make a average animation, but this scene were bad. ^^
May 2, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
I don't know why but the dragon came off underwhelming to me. Maybe I expected a crazy wish, like an extra universe that they would use for the universe tournament coming in the future. Just bringing back a planet and it's people seems like something for a weaker dragon. Not a big deal though, besides the stiff animation he did look cool.

I hope the next tournament is taken a bit more seriously though. Could be a lot of fun.
May 2, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
god looks like a fucking joke -_- and that summoning spell is funny lol and why the hell would he eat a planet? and Satan doesn't know how fucking lucky he is to witness all these amazing things when he's not even that strong
May 3, 2016 5:34 AM

Mar 2014
Favorite moment was Vados going "sob... sob..." So fucking fuckable!!

Rate the indirect explanation as to why them ~universal DC'ers didn't destroy the asteroid they fought on.

If Super Shenron looks this dope, imagine wtf Zalama is.

P.S. King Above All > One Above All
May 4, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2015
Hahahahah Whis speaking in god language was perfect XD. Beerus did a good deed tho.
May 4, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
Meh episode, pretty unspectacular. Also Shen-Long had horrible animation as usual.
May 4, 2016 2:29 PM
Dec 2014
I hate when shows a guy, "over-powered", only because everyone are scared by him. And looks like a dumb. >.>
May 4, 2016 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
That was a very good and decisive wish by Beerus-sama!
I'm pretty sure The King of All is stronger than Saitama.
5/5!

May 5, 2016 1:25 AM

Jul 2014
Milennin said:
FirstEel said:
There's always that group of people. I mean if you're watching an anime for its animation then you need to re-evaluate your life.

I doubt anyone is watching anime only for its animation. Yet that doesn't mean people don't have the right to complain about the abysmal animation quality we've been getting in almost every single episode up to this point. For those who don't care about the animation at all, there's always the manga to read. Many people who watch the anime like to see things move. And by move, I don't mean in a way that makes it look like it was made using Powerpoint slideshow effects.

Once they step up their animation work, people will stop complaining. But for as long as they'll continue to make bad animation, people will complain, and rightfully so.

Yeah seeing something animated and reading manga are literally miles apart. Please don't use that as a point for comparison. As for the animation, only once in my life have I ever actually noticed animation gone wrong, and instead of whining about it I did an unheard of thing to many as to let it go. If you really want them to get everything perfect and to your quality standards while working on a limited budget and knowing 90% of the people watching will do so illegally anyway, then go ahead and complain all you want. They're not gonna see it, and frankly, anyone who stops watching cause of "poor animation" probably didn't care for the story anyway and it doesn't hurt them in the slightest. How about trying to talk about the episode rather than how well it was animated.
May 5, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2015
FirstEel said:
Yeah seeing something animated and reading manga are literally miles apart. Please don't use that as a point for comparison. As for the animation, only once in my life have I ever actually noticed animation gone wrong, and instead of whining about it I did an unheard of thing to many as to let it go. If you really want them to get everything perfect and to your quality standards while working on a limited budget and knowing 90% of the people watching will do so illegally anyway, then go ahead and complain all you want. They're not gonna see it, and frankly, anyone who stops watching cause of "poor animation" probably didn't care for the story anyway and it doesn't hurt them in the slightest. How about trying to talk about the episode rather than how well it was animated.

I've seen plenty of times when animation went wrong, but it's not bad if it's a once in a while thing. It's bad when it's consistently bad, like it is in Dragon Ball Super.

Why is it that one of the most well known anime of all time gets such poor treatment? Why are they working on such a tight and limited budget for something that millions of fans will want to watch? I can think of only 2 answers:
1. They don't care at all.
2. They realise the series doesn't need good quality, because the fans will watch it regardless.

Many other anime are being worked on with limited budget and have 90% of their viewer base getting it illegally. Yet those anime manage to look 10 times better than Dragon Ball Super. I fail to see how it's unreasonable for people to expect better results, especially when DB is such a beloved franchise to many (including me). We complain because we care what happens to the series.

Of course they're not going to see our complaints. I'm sure everyone here is aware of that. They're not going to see the compliments either. We're just here to discuss and give our opinion on the latest episode.
And I actually did talk about the episode in my first post in this thread.
May 8, 2016 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Beerus confirmed for tsundere

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 10, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2015

That was cool.

Nice to see that the Universe 6 has a Earth now.
Jun 11, 2016 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
that was really kind of berus :)
Jun 12, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
That was a good episode.

Whis's voice though XD

The omni-king is cute lol XD

and Beerus is being friendly haha

Jun 13, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
After those 13 mostly terrible episodes with horrible drawings, I am so disappointed that the godly Dragon, the highlight of this tournament break, looks so ugly. On the other hand, I loved the King of Everything/zen-oh appearance and its so childish voice. I was expecting Goku to test his power but looks like he can learn after repeating the same mistake.

2/5
Jun 13, 2016 10:08 PM
Feb 2015
ZOMG! Omni-King is so cute!
Dec 4, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2009
Thought that arc was a great step towards introducing more powerful characters, looking forward to that Universal tournament that the Omni-King talked about.
Dec 4, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Oh this was pretty good. And beerus doing that for his brother was odd.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 18, 2016 7:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They are fighting on the 7th Dragon ball, the ball of 4 stars!!!
Get up to the Super-Shenron!!!! Beautiful, gold Dragon!!!!

The wish of Bills? A new Earth planet in the 6th Universe!!! Yes in the universe of his brother!!! O_O Bills, the Destruction God, doing a nice action, incredible!!!
Feb 23, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
Poor Monaka lol, unfortunately for him, we'll be seeing him again xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 19, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
The way Beerus used his wish for Champa and the Universe 6 Earth shows good character development IMO. Great way to wrap up the arc.
Nov 18, 2017 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
I knew that "nameless planet" was the last Super Dragon Ball the very first time they showed it together with the other 6 like 12 episodes ago lol
Jun 16, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 2012
Zenno stands above the 12 universes?
Gather contestants from all of the universes?
This guy Goku.
Goku reaches out for a handshake.
Goku shook hands with Kami himself.
Kami himself thinks Goku is fascinating!
The planet was actually the dragon ball.
That's Chonmage!
Did Chonmage just eat a planet?
Beer's wish.
lol at Champa working for Beers.

And that was the end of the arc. Goku vs Hit with the Kaoi-ken wa sthe best episode of Super so far. Chonmage looked cool.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 9, 2020 3:06 AM

Aug 2012
So thus ends the Universe 6 Saga and finally it was a good saga. The only real issue I have with it is the baffling decision to have the third episode of the arc dedicate ten minutes to recapping the first episode of the arc, otherwise this was a really fun arc. Dragon Ball has always excelled at Tournament arcs, and that seems to have carried over here.

For me the highlight of the Tournament was the Frost stuff. Frost's fake personality was such a funny contrast from the Frieza we know, and that made his true personality feel more evil and entertaining. He also allowed for the most involvement of the cast, seeing that he fought Goku, Piccolo, & Vegeta and his cheating allowed for Jaco to play a more integral role. It's a shame that Piccolo only got a single episode dedicated to him in all this but he would've won had Frost not cheated and Piccolo hasn't had this much to do since the Cell saga so it's an improvement I guess.

Vegeta's fights were all pretty good too. It was cathartic to see him so easily defeat Frost, both due to Frost's previous cheating and because of Vegeta's ties to Frieza. The fight with Auta Magetta was neat, with the barrier and the Metalman's unique physiology lead to the fight incorporating some different strategy. Ultimately Vegeta wins because of the overwhelming power difference, but the previous strategy beforehand and Vegeta's lucky save from elimination and hit to his pride made his destroying the barrier feel pretty bad-ass. The fight with Cabba was pretty sweet, in the genuine heartwarming way not the cool fight way. & Vegeta served his role as an effective worf for Hit.

Hit was also really cool, his time-skip powers were cool and I loved seeing how Goku would counter them and seeing him bring back Kaio-ken was cool. Hit's development here was fun as well, and I liked how it lead to him throwing the match against Monaka. Goku's first fight against Botamo (yes I had to look his name up) was meh, but at least it was short & different. The greatest strength of the Universe 6 Saga is that the managed to make each encounter with the Universe 6 participants distinct. From Frost's characterization and cheating, to Vegeta's tough love on Cabba, the fights all stood apart from each-other which is pretty much a necessity in Tournament arcs. I'm looking forward to the Tournament with all universes, but there is trepidation that it'll be too long and get exhausting but hopefully it'll work out.

*Edit*

Also meant to mention that despite what Beerus says, his wish was genuinely sweet. I found Champa to mostly be annoying but his introduction has at least made Beerus more likable.
TerrestriousJun 9, 2020 3:49 AM
Jan 29, 2021 10:27 AM

Jun 2019
That dragon king was huge....
Apr 14, 2021 5:18 AM

Jan 2013
Ha I knew it, the planet was a Super Dragon Ball after all ...
The size of that dragon is ridiculous, Imagine the Earthlings suddenly seeing a bright gold glow in the sky.

Surprised Beerus wished for Earth to be restored in Universe 6, I wonder what the implications of that will be.
They didn't really go into detail whether that means events in Universe 7 would be replicated too, maybe we could see another Goku and just anyone else we've known so far.
Or maybe it's just an Earth that would've never had Goku land on it since otherwise they'd have to rewrite history entirely seeing as the Saiyans are completely different in Universe 6.

Would be cool to learn more about it, so many questions.
Jul 16, 2022 10:01 PM

Jul 2017
Zeno is cool! I am excited to see the big tournament! The sequence with the dragon, on the other hand, was not good; it looked awful. Beerus made a nice wish, and I wonder how it will affect other things. I thought that the planet was the Super Dragon Ball!
Dec 11, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2020
It only gets better from here(I think)
Oct 5, 2023 12:37 PM
Oct 2020
The fact that beerus did use his wish to revive his brother's earth is sweet, even if he says he's doing it so that Champa owes him. I still consider it more so of a sibling giving the other something cause they know that they'll be better off with it (in this case happier) but not wanting anyone to know that they car.
Jan 7, 11:10 AM

Jan 2021
Look... Grand Zeno is like the best character in Dragon Ball.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 6 hours ago

5 by 1ElijahB »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.