Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 8, 2014 11:26 PM
Dec 2011
its amazing this present keiichi doesn't get it at all... because keiichi 1st arc had good reason's to hate and distrust his friends and the keiichi now love his friends so much that the memory of " he himself (keiichi) getting drugged is changed in his mind" because keiichi is desperate to trust his "friends" this desperation come from his soul now because he dont want to go through what he went through that time.

1st arc keiichi is right on the mark mion and family being behind the scene conducting every death! but now keiichi is emotional tooo much....why? easy because he knows unintentionally that mion is involeved and doesnt want mion to get rena or rena to get mion.

also these parasites theory is completely the truth because look at how much effort mions family doing to make it look like MISS TAKANO is just crazy! mions families and her actions proves that this sickness and this plan to make the virus spread is the truth and they want OYASHIRO to be real god desperately.
1st action= mion digging up the body pieces to use it as a threat to rena to come back from hiding and return the book.

2nd action= creating books like miyo takano and making it look like these books are nothing but make up stories of a creative women( or miss takano is just nutts) and doing so proving these "scrap books" cant be use as evidence.

3rd action= giving the books to police mions families say "we have no need for it" we are looking for RENA just because she is mions friend and we are "worried" about her yeah right!

4th action= providing rena with their lawyer , with this is lawyer can get closer to rena and give the drug and make her go nutts, make the parasites or virus work fast and kill her self. they giving a lawyer ?? its not necessary they are doing a lot for just friendship.

5th action= calling the police them self.

these actions are proof enough that mion, her family and RIKA are running the show. also OISHI is not dumb either he can ask quections like , if these scarp books are just stories why would you collect them? how did you get these? like that but OISHI wont do it RENAs life is in danger! you dont want to push the sonozakies and make them feel the police dont trust them if the mion felt this they would search even more for rena and kill her on spot oishi knows this! i love this cop!

even if a deforest thing is happening mion went to the trouble to hide the body piece that rena was involved in without informing such important thing to anybody and she didnt tell the exact location where she hide the either! just at her house!

also rena is infected by the parasities long ago the this is these parasites react when people leave HINAMIZAUWA (where its nesting place is) or when people starts to feel distrust fear anger these virus feed on it and make them go crazy.

in this situation RENA is absolutely right on the mark with everything but at the same time she is getting sick and crazy thats why she started to see things! they are no maggots she just scratching a lot and blood comes but she is going nuts and see these illusions that they are maggots coming out! its because of the virus!

ironically the more distrust the more virus spread and the more crazy rena gets and she cant think strait because rena was trying to tell keiichi that "someone has taken her place just like what happen to miss takano and only person was powerful enough here to do it is the sonozakies" but something else came out of her mouth about aliens and stuff like that ! people cant express them self went their mind is crazy thats what happening her! :3
Sep 24, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
chillock said:
Just why? Why can't it be actual demons? But no we get aliens!

I don't get people like you :D seriously, what is fun with demons?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 2, 2014 10:36 PM

Nov 2013
Well as soon as Keiichi remembered that he killed Mion and Rena, my mind got absolutely raped. The fact that only Keiichi and Rika remember it makes it even more confusing...

I hope this isn't gonna involve some parallel universe shit. I just don't know how much more mindfuck my brain can take.

4/5

Well onto the last episode!

Jan 4, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like Rena is in full machete mode :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 8, 2015 7:04 PM
Mar 2014
Phew, wow. Before this episode when they were starting to tie everything in, I was like, "But what about the other Keiichi he mentions in the Satoko arc?" Now that's finally starting to come to realization. And they even took the liberty of tying in the very first arc in such a flawless fashion.

On the verge of voting this a nine. :)
Feb 7, 2015 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
Scribbly said:
You should always tell your friends if you shoot small children O__O

Truth
Mar 23, 2015 5:46 AM
Nov 2014
Nice episode....one more to go.

Too much mindfuck to think about it anymore lel.
Apr 20, 2015 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Dang, who are these Sonozaki bastards?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 30, 2015 1:48 AM

Feb 2013
So they confirm the different timelines (worlds), which shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone who wasn't sleeping during the previous arcs. Seriously, I guessed it by the second arc, and I'm horrible at predicting things lol.

Additionally we learned that Mion and Rena weren't actually trying to kill Keiichi in the first arc, it was all just in his head, probably caused by the parasite. Which I guess is the exact same thing that's happening to Rena now. Though we still haven't gotten any clear explanation to the *zombie* Takano yet, I doubt that its *aliens* lol.

Id also like to point out that the whole scratching of the bloody neck with maggots pouring out is the first thing in any anime that's legit grossed me out, yuck. I'm not really sure why either, maybe its because I just hate bugs in general, especially roaches and maggots. Or, perhaps its just the idea of scratching a bloody wound, especially on the neck, is really disgusting. Either way I could do without seeing it ever again lol >_<.

Shape430Apr 30, 2015 2:57 AM
May 17, 2015 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, son! Keiichi was a (little) lady killer back in his day! Savage.

Well, it looks like there may be both scientific explanations and spiritual!! Rika might just be a prophet/oracle because she did predict all the deaths, yet she comes back along with everyone else in the village and the events spawn back!

The thing about the parasites and the actual reset of time are still a mystery, but one thing for sure in my mind is that Keiichi has realized the things that happened in arc 1 and somehow gained the ability to recall this stuff!

I may be forgetting some things, but this is my small prediction.
May 21, 2015 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
The amount of mind fucks in this anime is high...and I'm LOVING it! Not disappointed one bit so far, this anime is amazing. I also like how each arc is related to one other arc.
Jul 17, 2015 10:40 AM

Feb 2015
CONFUSED
Aug 3, 2015 8:34 PM
Jul 2015
So... aliens? I literally yelled "WHAT!!!???" at my phone when I watched that part. Right now, I think that there are time loops, and Rika is the one looping time (idk how else to say it haha) because she wants to have a good ending. Kind of like a visual novel... OH
Aug 10, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
Uhh.. what? Why is Keiichi a "perv" for shooting kids with his airsoft gun? Nothing sexual about that.

So Keiichi had a flashback to an alternate timeline? Interesting, and Rika seems to know about it. And was that Takano's voice speaking out of her randomly?

It's pretty interesting as well that in the first arc, Rena and Mion were actually trying to help Keiichi. Didn't see that one coming. This whole parasite alien thing is weird. I liked it when it was explained as a parasite/virus, but saying it's an alien is a bit much for me.
Oct 12, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2015
This makes me IMMENSELY happy. I was SO ticked off that this anime, which got rave reviews, was just a terrible compilation of potential scenarios. This left me MIND BLOWN. I had to pause the episode and sit still for about three minutes. This changes EVERYTHING. I have never watched an anime like this, and I am DEFINITELY bumping up my rating after this.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Sep 8, 2017 6:06 AM

May 2015
Now we have some worlds jumping. AND ALIENS. Jesus is next.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 8, 2017 10:51 PM
Oct 2017
wait what.. i dont get it. at around 15:55 rena reachers out to kei before he kills her but i never saw in the previous ep's and also how were they (mion and rena) helping kei by terrorizing him with the needle and drive him to insanity? plz help.
Apr 8, 2018 6:41 AM

Sep 2017
Seems like Keiichi was a pedophile. And the stuff is getting more and more complicated.

Yeah, don't ask questions to Rika Keiichi. Just accept that this whole thing happens in different universes and think nothing more of what Rika told you, or her hammy speech.

One more episode to go.

But with the aliens and time travel, this is exactly edge of tomorrow. The underground men seem like the things mimics do.

I think that envelope was like the anthrax postcards, they had the dangerous version of parasites.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 6, 2019 3:03 PM

Apr 2017
13 years has passed since the release of this episode BUT SWEET MOTHER OF GOD WHAT THE FUCK?
May 10, 2019 7:32 PM
Dec 2018
Kuro_Neko04 said:
13 years has passed since the release of this episode BUT SWEET MOTHER OF GOD WHAT THE FUCK?

My conclusion is each one of them had an experience that made them don't trust their friends and the reason is oyashiru curse, and rena is imagining those things also bc of the curse like what happened to keichi in the first 4 episodes, keichi killed rena an mion bc they weren't the same as his worlds. rena lost her trust in all of her friends bc she experienced the same shit (again thax to "oyashiru-sama") i'm not gonna complete the rest of my theory bc it'll spoil everything XD
aku_madoMay 11, 2019 5:10 AM
#kyoanistrong
May 15, 2019 10:53 AM

Aug 2018
Dammit just when I thought we solved all the mysteries they subverted all expectations. Aliens? The parasites are aliens and they can clone people? Haha I'm so confused now. Also my god keichi even had a hidden past. They really caught me off guard with that one, didn't expect him to be a pervert if that's really what it was about.

Looks like the bugs from the blood is real and not a hallucination like I was thinking. I knew this show had to deal with different timelines eventually but I'm so glad they finally brought it together. Rika is somehow able to remember all the timelines, reminds me of Okabe from Steins Gate. Keichi also remembered now somehow.

Excited for the final episode of this season, wonder if it'll end in a blood bath.

<Insert clever quote>
Jun 14, 2019 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
If I were to take drugs one day, I would like whatever the shit the authors of this masterpiece took.

Jan 2, 2020 1:38 AM
Jan 2019
I faced palmed so bad seriously was making sense then maggots & aliens. Conspiracies and other worlds. My rating went lower on this anime. I just hope the ending makes sense.
Mar 15, 2020 12:45 AM

Nov 2013
DAMN WHATTTT!!? So many wtf moments in this episode!

- the parasites are apparently Aliens
- there were two copies of Takano and Rena at one point in time
- Keichi remembers other timelines and recalls himself killing Rena and Mion in the first few episodes
- this was hinted in a previous arc but Rika is some kind of reincarnation of Oyashiro, and has some powers as a Miko which allows her to remember all timelines most likely..

Also a detail I didn’t notice at first... when Keichi recalls the timeline where he kills Mion and Rena in this episode, it is revealed that Mion was actually trying to draw on him with a marker, instead of giving him an injection like he thought. Likely it was his own paranoia or hallucinations.

I’m wondering how it’s all going to tie together, especially the different timelines and how the Curse is controlled and transferred to people.
With only one episode left, I don’t mind if it ends on a cliffhanger to be continued in the next season.
herricklukMar 15, 2020 12:55 AM
Mar 20, 2020 4:18 AM

Dec 2013
What is really happening? I'm so confused right now 🤔🤔🤔

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 31, 2020 12:44 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, what? Aliens? Multiple timelines? Another world?

I’ve literally zero clue as to where this is going except for a few bloody corpses of course...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 24, 2020 1:21 AM

Feb 2018
Still confused about this, really.
May 5, 2020 7:31 PM
Apr 2019
Aliens, Trolls, Virus? What the heck is this thing; I hope they'll answer it in the final episode
May 27, 2020 3:04 AM

May 2018
Holy shit. My mind is blown! God damn worm parasites
May 29, 2020 3:50 AM
Oct 2011
Aliens, parasites and different worlds? I'm not sure if I should be impressed or disappointed with this series.
Jun 26, 2020 7:58 PM

Apr 2020
WHAT THE HELL???????
Jul 12, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2018
omg that was intense! Ok, so Rena is starting to claw at her own neck because of maggots. Also FINALLY Keiichi remembers something from a past timeline!

Sep 4, 2020 12:52 AM

May 2016
A really confusing plot, i wonder how s2 will be 26 episodes is a lot.
Sep 15, 2020 8:36 AM

Apr 2013
Wow in the episodes before the last one they actually start to make some sense. Did not expect them to reference to the first arc.
Okay so... is this kind of a test chamber of aliens? Like they make a scenario, make someone go mad and then see how it turns out? And afterward they just clone everyone again and try something different? Or is it just another timeline or literally another world? Still not quite clear, but it's starting to get somewhere.
Oct 18, 2020 1:40 AM

Oct 2015
uhh the whole predatory backstory was out of left field honestly lol
Oct 20, 2020 7:55 AM
Oct 2019
Nani?? Alien???
The first arc was in another timeline???
So how the fuck Keiichi knows that???
This is Confusing AF, so i think we will get the answers in Kai???
Oct 23, 2020 1:30 AM

Jan 2020
I didn't expect Keiichi to have such a fucked up past. I thought he was a pretty normal guy.

Keiichi has actually regained his memory of killing Rena and Mion in the first arc? It looks like Rika is the who knows all of what's happening. Pretty interesting.

I'm really looking forward to the final episode. Let's see how the first season will be concluded.
Oct 29, 2020 12:18 PM

Nov 2018
Looking at all the comments I see why this series is rated lower than Steins;Gate or Hyouka.
People really want some super simple and mediocre mystery stories .
I hate everyone equally
Oct 29, 2020 8:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
When you realized that Keiichi actually realized his previous alienation feeling. He already had a grace and fully commitment from Oyashiro-sama a.k.a Rika to come through the difficulty and reach the future that they wanted, a happiness end. The parallel world twisted plot convinient, for the sake to mix out and linked the first and these arcs and intermingle it in a nice way. I hope these one was the true route. Because if they chose another timeline i might be insane then xD.

Lmao, seriously. What the actual fuck was that. It really twisted me. The zombie theory, and its all about the alien, and then Rika with Keiichi realized their other dimension eventful already paralled into their own mind. Its really a massive change, and damn its mind-blowing me xD.

Honestly i knew these time mess up might be coming in. But its rather too fast to me to even believed its whats happening on these arc. About the first arc, Keiichi's failure to realizing the real feeling of his friends, and the meaning behind their action. About his hallucination that led him into a death, its really his failure. Then currently on these arc, its happening to Rena with a whole madness she had. The situations already reversed. Could Keiichi changed the fate and made everything into a good ending route? Lets see the last episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 30, 2020 2:30 AM

Apr 2020
Keiichi got the memories of himself from the first Chapter? How? I thought only someone like Rika could remember something like that! And she did!

So, Takano, had multiple of those books and these are the crazier theories.
Rena has blood lusted eye now!
--AbiSa--
Nov 2, 2020 1:18 AM

Oct 2016
Multiple timelines is not that surprising but, aliens! Now that is surprising. But, again there is still definitely more to it than that.

We still don't really know who Takano is, or what she is. Maybe she's the alien? She's still very sus.

I just realized Rika with her deep voice was the one saying those deep phrases in the ED or I am mistaken.

Damn, Keiichi was hallucinating the injection. It was only a marker, damn that's gotta suck to remember. Let's go last episode I go.
Dec 27, 2020 2:20 AM

Aug 2017
Ok, now I'm really confused and didn't expect that there will be something with aliens... Hope actually that's not the case. Ugh hope last episode will explain more.
Mar 14, 2021 1:25 PM

May 2020
Hmmmm dunno how I feel about the whole aliens thing but it is all just speculation even in the show. Aside from that, a lot really was revealed in this episode, and it was especially great seeing how this arc connected with the first arc in the story, although the relationship between the two is still not entirely clear yet. Onto the final episode!
May 7, 2021 4:38 AM

Jun 2020
This arc is W I L D...... I actually like it

Maggots, Keiichi remembering the events of another timeline, the revelation that he was just fucking paranoid, wowieeeee

But it lost me at aliens. Just wtf. Hope that’s just a red herring.....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 26, 2021 10:46 AM

Oct 2016
I see a lot of people are confused with this episode.

This is why I think that the anime is hard to understand unless one read the visual/sound novel first. There are simply many details from the novel that the anime omitted.

One should already see the big picture after watching this episode, yet many of us don't. If we see all the details from the first chapter up to this chapter as a whole, not as separate stories, we should be able to solve most of Higurashi's mysteries. Below I'll write some important details that are mentioned in the novel but apparently not in the anime:

Dec 20, 2021 7:51 PM
Dec 2017
well this was certainly quite something.

Jan 28, 2022 4:02 PM

Apr 2016
Damn, Keiichi has memories of other timelines now? Way to make this show more confusing than it already is
Mar 2, 2022 10:39 PM

Jul 2019
Aliens? Doppergangers made of parasytes? Keichii's insanity/remorse and Rika's glance through different time parallels? Takano diaries full of junk and folklore? Rena on the road to nowhere and Sonozaki family as if not in business? Oof, one head is too little to understand all this stuff.
Jun 4, 2022 12:40 PM
Nov 2020
Buh... So it wasn't a different setting of the same story, or maybe it is and it's like they get to refresh from the start but with different routes and Rika can see these multiple routes I guess, question is...Why and how tho, interesting...NÁÍSÚ
Aug 22, 2022 12:51 PM

Mar 2019
what the fuck is even happening? aliens, clones, maggots, keiichi shooting kids, remembering other timelines
This show has always been on the wild side but now it's just getting nonsensical.
OωO
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.