Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 16, 2008 2:39 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i wonder...
how many times will the protagonists get killed? XD
hmmm...
Mar 4, 2008 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
aw, poor Satoko-chan~

but this anime is so weird , I assume there's no linear timeline to explain how the storyline unfolds, but each chapter is supposed to reveal clues to the annual Hinamizawa murders?

also, I will never get used to the 'scary' side of each of the girls , the way their faces contort & their eyes widen.. this is probably the part of the show that freaks me out the most, moreso than all the deaths. o_o
Apr 15, 2008 9:11 AM

Feb 2008
Really, gruesome! But, that's how Higurashi is like. Yet, it's still very good in the storyline. Just watch it whole then everyone of us can understand what's really happening.
May 28, 2008 7:47 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, to see the most cute character snap like that, there's no hope for Sakoto. :(

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 6, 2008 7:45 AM

Jun 2008
Awww I feel bad for Satoko T~T

But still... she's friggin strong o____o... either that or Keiichi's really really weak... uncool -_-

StabbyPWNSJul 6, 2008 7:56 AM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 7, 2008 11:08 AM

May 2008
What a bold anime. Enjoying every second of it,I guess o.o
Poor Satoko-chan,her uncle is a real monster! And her past is not that cheerful either :/

Oh and that police officer,Ooishi-san...I didn't seem to mind him,until now. He just..snapped! >_>
Jul 11, 2008 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
DarkShines said:
Poor Satoko-chan,her uncle is a real monster! And her past is not that cheerful either :/

Oh and that police officer,Ooishi-san...I didn't seem to mind him,until now. He just..snapped! >_>

Yea he seems to different:|
either its because of the different arc or because this is his true self
Her stupid uncle pisses me off:(
Jul 22, 2008 5:30 AM

Jul 2008
satoko-chan uncle should be hanged by his toes god damn it you basterd

poor satoko-chan !! this ep maked me cry !! Y_Y sniff..snifff *blow nose* up to the next ep .....

Grtz lsumi o(^^)o
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 18, 2008 9:06 PM

May 2008
Ah, I was wondering when things were finally gonna get crazy.
DarkShines said:

Yeah really, I never imagined to see him that way.

Oh hey, and what's with the first time he patted her head things ending up good and the second time her snapping?
ukonkiviAug 18, 2008 9:10 PM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 20, 2008 7:56 AM

Sep 2008
Satoko is really strong, throwing Keiichi across the room like that. I have a feeling that in this arc, Satoko's brother did something to her in the past.

Up until now I assumed Ooishi was a genuinely nice guy truly trying to help. Now I'm not so sure.

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Sep 28, 2008 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
lol falcon push'd
Oct 1, 2008 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
It doesn't seem like Sakoto just snapped because Keiichi reminded her of her brother. I kind of got the impression that Sotoshi isn't the perfect brother he was made out to be. That smile he had did't seem too innocent.

There's certainly something going on with Takano as well. I completely forgot how they met in the first arc and she already knew who Keiichi was and in this one she says "you still don't remember me?" I think she has something to do with everything thats going on and why the stories are repeated.
Oct 3, 2008 12:41 AM

Jan 2008
I was lunching while watching the last bit of the episode :-/
That was something i want to forget about ^-^

Sakoto just snapped right there, i didn't see that one coming ~_~~
~de Arimasu
Oct 25, 2008 6:32 PM

Aug 2008
Finally! A reality in which Mion is not the main antagonist!
Rena in the other hand... >:)
mitsukuni07 said:
i wonder...
how many times will the protagonists get killed? XD
hmmm...

At least 3 more times in season 1! :3

By the way, satoko's break down didn't surprise me as much as the push she gave Keichi... :P
Dec 7, 2008 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
This episode just makes you feel really sorry for Satako.
Dec 13, 2008 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
x-gummybear-x said:
DarkShines said:

Ha, i think one of the main themes in this anime is noone seems to be who they say or act to be on the outside, much like real life, course unlike real life in higurashi everyone is a psychopathic killer underneath it all. >:D

edit: anyone else get the feeling that keichii is gonna be the oyashiria-sama curse enforcer this arc? he's definitely thinking about it :P
Dec 13, 2008 9:28 AM

Dec 2008
Cheesekun said:
x-gummybear-x said:
DarkShines said:

Ha, i think one of the main themes in this anime is noone seems to be who they say or act to be on the outside, much like real life, course unlike real life in higurashi everyone is a psychopathic killer underneath it all. >:D

edit: anyone else get the feeling that keichii is gonna be the oyashiria-sama curse enforcer this arc? he's definitely thinking about it :P

I dont think Keichii will be the killer in this arc.

At the end when Satako keeps saying "im sorry im sorry im sorry" reminds me of Rina from the 1st story when she stands outside Keichii's house and keeps repeating "im sorry im sorry im sorry". There are lots of references and similarities here and there which might mean something... i guess... haha
Mar 18, 2009 8:23 AM

Jan 2008
Satoko kinda freaked me out this episode.
Apr 12, 2009 4:50 PM

Feb 2009
ok! ii'm guessing satoshi wasn't the perfect brother... he seemed mean with that smile!

and inmediately satoko pushes keichii!!

did you saw the body on chapter ahh?? last one?? with all the tortures we saw on past arc where mion killed him with the nails?? the corpse had them all!

and i think that corpse was satoshi!

May 10, 2009 8:28 PM

Feb 2008
Character 360 for Oishi-san :/ What's up with that? I feel sorry for Satoko-chan, but I also feel like she's being really juvenile, and one of the other girls should talk her out of trying to defeat her uncle by just bearing it.

I also don't understand why Satoko snapped when Keichii was acting like her brother? A few minutes prior she was praising him as being like her Nii Nii and even said that since she doesn't have her real brother Kei-chan was a good replacement.

So what's going on!? :s
Jun 7, 2009 3:21 AM
Apr 2009
Ooishi is a real asshole in this arc.
Aug 7, 2009 11:27 AM

Dec 2007
Another exciting episode. Only two more unitl Keiichi and the photographer die. Mainly because they both died in the last two chapters. Maybe sakoto will die, or her uncle will die. It's just too unpredictable.
Aug 8, 2009 7:44 PM
Jul 2009
My 'WTF' scale is through the roof.
Aug 10, 2009 4:53 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was just sad i felt really sorry for Satoko -wipes tears- though im also wondering about whether Satoshi is the "great" brother he was made out to be it didn't seem so from the not-so-innocent smile he had during her flashback.
XephiferAug 10, 2009 4:56 PM
Aug 12, 2009 6:54 PM

Aug 2007
Wow... sad ending... and also kind of creepy.
Sep 4, 2009 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
I think the reason Satoko pushes Keiichi like that cuz her heart can't take it anymore. She loved her brother and it might be heart-breaking for her to accept Keiichi's care and help especially under her living circumstances......or her brother was just evil as everyone seems to be thinking.....

And Keiichi really needs to work out. Little girls aren't supposed to push you across the room

Unless Satoko is the demon in this arc....? Like she killed her brother or something and plus the whole throwing up thing had a really Exorcist feel to it XD

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 6, 2009 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
StabbyPWNS said:

But still... she's friggin strong o____o... either that or Keiichi's really really weak... uncool -_-

in the 1st ark, Rena did hold him, when Shino give him the drug... So Keiichi is weak... Very D:
Sep 12, 2009 10:14 AM

Jul 2009
TiKey said:
StabbyPWNS said:

in the 1st ark, Rena did hold him, when Shino give him the drug... So Keiichi is weak... Very D:

True but he somehow managed to get lose and beat them both to death with a baseball bat =P

Anyway for such a small girl she's really strong, I mean she pushed him across half them room and that what sounded like an ordinary bitch slap made him fly black 2-3 meters.
Though I feel really sorry for her, seems like a allot of bad things have happened in the past.

Hope someone who really deserve it dies in this arc, like Satokos uncle -.-
Sep 25, 2009 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
It's funny how each next arc picks up and uses various details from previous ones pretending that it is really separate from them. Just what I remember at the moment: (1) In the 1st ep of the current atc, when Keichi first meets Shion—he's not surprised at all, he just says "Oh you must be Shion", while in the last arc there was quite a show about this Mion/Shion stuff. (2) Keichi came to Mion to ask to her to make Satoko's uncle the next target of Oyashiro-sams—this is the most direct reference to the latest arc possible! But still, Mion says it's not like that.

Oh I'm itchy to know know how it will turn out, and if I'm right about it! ^_^
Oct 5, 2009 12:44 PM
Aug 2009
this show is so ridiculous...
Dec 3, 2009 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
freaky haha.
this is only a guess, but from the way satoshi reacted to keiichi patting her head like her brother, maybe her brother abused her aswell or even worse? plus the way she kept saying sorry only backs this theory up.
lol perhaps i should get a specail code letter to hide my real name too eh?
"F" sounds kinda cool haha nano desu~
Dec 31, 2009 12:59 AM
Dec 2009
THis anime is so scary to me =[. im scared i cant even finish.
Jan 3, 2010 4:43 AM

Dec 2009
This is really a special anime... You actually have to think!!! x)
Mar 6, 2010 10:20 AM
Jan 2010
Why is Rika such a blob?
Mar 12, 2010 5:52 PM
Feb 2010
I always laugh at the part where Satoko screams and pushes Keiichi. It's ridiculous! XD

And it's so funny to read everyone's comment! XD

I wish I could forget everything about Higurashi and watch it all over again... sigh... -_-
Mar 18, 2010 7:04 PM

Aug 2008
Sunlone said:
Ooishi is a real asshole in this arc.
Totally.

The last few episodes man. The atmosphere <3
Mar 19, 2010 6:54 PM

Mar 2010
Why is everyone sorry xD

I keep hearing "I am sorry" every time

Rika seems she is having problem with sounds xD "MI"

Satoko She is really cute yellow hair pink eyes green dress and so strong xD
Mar 30, 2010 4:30 PM

Aug 2008
Wow! When'd Oishi-san turn so mean? But damn! What happened to Satoko, it was like she just falcon punched Keiichi across the room, everything was so well not that long ago.
Apr 1, 2010 12:55 PM

Jan 2010
ok why is Ooishi such an asshole this arc? O.o

and poor Satoko :(,she'll probably kill keiichi xD
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 14, 2010 11:17 AM

Jan 2010
I really like Satoko, looks like this arc will be good, since it's a crazy little girl this time :D
Oh, and why did the Mion arc end so suddenly? I'm getting sooo confused. Keichii dies in the end of each arc, then... restart! And the first episode started in 1983. I wonder what the time is now?
Apr 21, 2010 2:42 PM
Apr 2008
Okay. To me this episode was beyond stupid. Keichi is like a little girl. This anime is beginning to frustrate me.
Apr 22, 2010 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
I like it that the cop finally is the bad guy. He seemed somehow fishy in the last two arcs too.
And I really start to wonder if the past is the same for each arc, especially regarding satoshi... I think he definitely is the key to unraveling the mystery...
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 12, 2010 7:40 PM

Jun 2009
Uh Oh...I have feeling Satoshi may have been abusive as well O_O

And Oishi wtf, why does he gotta become an asshole all of a sudden?
Jun 15, 2010 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
Actually, laughed at the episode especially when Satoko pushed Keichi. The. Fuck. is she really that strong? Keichi went flying in that episode. Lmao!
Jul 2, 2010 2:24 AM

Dec 2009
Poor Satoko ...
The policeman sure chaged a lot...
Why the hell is Keichii so weak ?
And did Satoko threw up because she was scared or is she pregnant ? o_O
Jul 2, 2010 7:36 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Satoko-chan... Her story is horrible... T.T But why she pushes Keichi when he reminds her of her brother? And damn, she's pretty strong :D
The police man annoyed me a little. I don't think a bad ass character suits him XP
Jul 7, 2010 3:28 AM

Mar 2010
Poor Satoko.She is really messed up.It won't be a wonder if she takes a butcher's knife and starts slaughtering everyone..
Aug 2, 2010 10:16 AM

Aug 2009

Good point. I think so too..

And even if the arcs are different , somehow there is a connnection between them.
Aug 23, 2010 2:13 AM

Jan 2008
Poor Satoko.

I wonder why she snapped when Keiichi reminded her of her brother.

She seemed happy with him reminding her of him earlier.
Sep 24, 2010 12:58 AM

Aug 2010
Lots of incoherences so far. Is it me or does it seem that Oishi and those photographers introduced more than once to Keiichi? Suppose it'll all be clear by the end of it...the only way I could wrap my mind around it would be that some sort of time loop is occuring. Otherwise it's just really clever storytelling.

Shit's getting sicker and sicker. Ain't really comfortable thinking what the hell could be happening to Satoko.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.