Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 4, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My impressions so far for this episode is a bit so-so.

New OP song is okay though with some new characters added in for the season. Usagi is still adorable in this. Animation style remained generally the same but I'm pretty used to it by now. I'm glad to see more of Chibiusa though for the season she lives with Usagi in her house. There's some ominous antagonist already showing up to cause trouble...

I hope this season improves..nice to see all the characters back from the previous season though. New ED theme song is fine.

Apr 4, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2009
so much online and i'm failed to watch streaming...damn...!!

edit:

i'm crying...quality of animation is so f***ing good, i can feel so much love from team behind this production when i saw this anime.... ╥﹏╥

i'm really cant wait next week....
ranoaApr 4, 2016 9:29 AM
Apr 4, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
a much slower pace than season 1 it seems, I much prefer it this way. My biggest problem with Crystal season 1 was how fast paced it was and didn't give us enough time to care about the inner senshi apart form Usagi, lets hope this new pace gives them some more screen time.

Apart from that it's just a simple reintroduction to the series episode, not too much interesting happened
Apr 4, 2016 8:28 AM

Nov 2013
That was fucking awesome... I'm speachless.
Apr 4, 2016 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
so far so good!! I couldn't finish the second arc last season! but this re-sparked some of the manga love for me <3
Apr 4, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2011
That episode was amazing IMO o__O ! The quality is way better compared to the first 2 seasons. Very fluid animations for most of the parts. I hope the quality will only improve from this moment on and don't drop every episode...

The music is amazing as always and fits very well altogether. Makes me happy that this season has blended some comedy/goofiness into it. Thanks to the changed drawing style it didn't felt so forced in, like in the first 2 seasons. Love those really strong 90" Anime vibes :D

Finally a "bye bye" to the CGI Transformations. The new ones looking way better. My jaw dropped, when I saw the Inner's transformations.

Seems like it's true about splitting the first act in 2 episodes. Makes me wonder, if we get 1 act = 2 eps for this season (simply for the sake of character development alone), or only a few will get split.

5/5 from me for this episode. I hope, that the week will pass so fast, like the episode did for me. I want more!
RaffApr 4, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 4, 2016 9:28 AM

Mar 2013
ok ok ok this was so good for me I could list of exactly what I liked about this and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

In no particular order.
I love that it's not too fast paced like the first season.
I love that there transformations are not in cg and there faster.
the fact that there more expressive reminded me of the original series which is in no way a bad thing.
I've noticed several color changes mainly usagi's mom's hair color and so far I'm okay with it.
the introduction of haruka and michiru (in my opinion any way) was well done.

ok not a big fan of the op but with time I may like it (doubt it though) which is weird because I'm ok with the ed. the monster fight ended way too quickly I feel that the only reason there was even a fight was to show off the new transformations. also not a fan of the monster design I like the idea I don't like the look. overall I think I'm going to really enjoy this season of sailor moon Crystal but really I just want to see how Hotaru/sailor Saturn does in this (yes she's my favorite).
Apr 4, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
Not a fan of the OP, but the ED was absolutely GORGEOUS! So happy that we're getting weekly episodes this time around, it'll make the waiting far less painful than the first two arcs.
Apr 4, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
This is what the original should have been like. Lots of animated expressions, no ugly 3D CG transformation scenes and no derpy face frames in every other shot. Let's hope this momentum keeps up.
Apr 4, 2016 9:53 AM

May 2013
That was actually pretty good. Color me surprised, I did not believe that SMC had it in it.

Apr 4, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2012
It's awesome! From the new henshins to whole animation quality
Apr 4, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
Awww! So pretty! *.*
Opening theme looks amazing! *.*

Minagawa Junko as Haruka is good,
but for me Ogata Megumi was better and I wish to hear her again as Haruka...
Gonna cry... ;(

Oh, I'm so ready for all Haruka/Usagi scenes *.*

Yeah! Bye, bye... stupid CGI! :P
Transformations, speech scenes/animations are beautiful! *.*
I so happy they show them at one go :D

Attacks looks so cool!
Can't wait to see others *.*

Oh, my! They go totally GL with ending theme xD
But I really liked it! *.*
Music and animation looks pretty! *.*

Anyway... this season gonna be GOOOD! *.*
Apr 4, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
OMG this-was-so-awesome!!! The art-style is so beautiful and their eyes so pretty! And the Ending flashed me completely o.o

Apr 4, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2011
kagura-pb said:
Raff said:
Seems like it's true about splitting the first act in 2 episodes. Makes me wonder, if we get 1 act = 2 eps for this season (simply for the sake of character development alone), or only a few will get split.

I've heard it's supposed to be 13 episodes total, so I guess it's only the first chapter/act that gets split in two, which makes sense because that chapter in the manga was almost double length to begin with. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well, you're right it makes sense. Hopefully the future eps won't be too rushed.

I'm really glad, that Toei abandoned the biweekly stupidity. This season won't take so long till the end. Could probably mean the next arc will arrive at the end of summer, if they don't delay it again.

Apr 4, 2016 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
A nice opening.
Incredibly better made than the start of the first Crystal series!
No CGI stock scenes!
No runny eye!!
Tomoe's story ! From the manga!!
A pretty ending with a correct song (I loved the focus and almost started to follow the rythm ^^")
Tomoe Hotaru and Mistress Nine incoming!! *_*

But...
An ugly opening song
No Ogata q_p
And instead of improving their imitation of Takeuchi's art, they just stopped trying -_-

Well... it's good that TOEI found a TV channel to co-produce it, it is like night and day compared to the less funded ONA from last year. And it might also be better "cutted" than the first Crystal where they tried so hard to fit everything in.

Rei_IIIApr 4, 2016 11:23 AM
Apr 4, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
This was so good to watch!
My biggest thing was the transformations! Ugly 3D is gone AND
They used the OLD ANIME transformations!
Felt a bit nostalgic there x)!
Apr 4, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Thank the BASED Lord that the CG is gone. The transformations and animation were great looking this time around. I can basically ignore all the other flaws due to this change! The story is off to a slow start but it's the first episode back. I'm excited for the new arc and we got little sneak peeks at Uranus and Neptune. This is how Crystal should have been in the first 26 episodes. I'm pumped once again.

Also... Lesbians ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Daaaaaaaaank...
dankzelApr 4, 2016 1:01 PM
Apr 4, 2016 11:37 AM
Mar 2016
Is Haruka a cross dressing girl or a gender changing guy?
Apr 4, 2016 12:14 PM
Jul 2010
This was so perfect, I think I'm gonna cry.
Apr 4, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, the animation is amazing. I like to see they used the styles of 1992 series on the girls's tranformation.
I'm really excited with this series.
ryanstrikeApr 4, 2016 12:23 PM
Apr 4, 2016 12:22 PM
Apr 2015
Whoahoho said:
Is Haruka a cross dressing girl or a gender changing guy?

She's a cross dressing girl.
Apr 4, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
So much better than the first season.
I like the character desingns much more that way and the animation was great. I hope they wont drop the quality.
And nice to see the transformations in 2D, has much more impact than CG.

At first the OP looked more like an ED, but it's OK.

ED is just amazing, I love these two.
Though Minagawa Junko is good as Haruka, I will miss Ogata Megumi.
Apr 4, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
This episode seems pretty good, much better than the first season.
My only issue with season 1 was the animation and the pacing of the series was rather fast, however this was rather slower than the first episode of season 1. It was nice of course.

Glad to see the girls back in action once again tbh.
Apr 4, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
Toei, I am impressed. This is a HUGE improvement in basically every aspect over the first season. With this and the new Precure, I am really happy that I am able to enjoy decent magical girl shows by this company again.

And now, let's see if this can top the Ikuhara 90s version of arc 3 or not.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 4, 2016 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
Fucking outstanding episode. I was expecting the same quality like last season, but Toei pulled through :D

I'm loving the transformation scenes

Apr 4, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
To be honest, I wasn't expecting such a good episode. From start to finish it was a blast. Love the new impending threat. Wonder what's the deal with that girl with the mirror and the racer. I believe they are sailor warriors as well, and most strangely that that guy is actually a girl :D.
Apr 4, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
Though I never saw anything wrong with SMC's previous animation style, there is a definite step up in quality - everything's more polished, which only adds to the appeal.

Stellar voice acting by Junko Minagawa - Haruka's androgynous qualities really come through.

Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing how this third season builds on the last two.
Apr 4, 2016 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
They actually listened...Toei, of all people. It's like seeing a D student pulling off an A plus project. It almost made me shed a tear.

Now if they could improve Digimon's animation, I will take back anything bad that I've said about this studio.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Apr 4, 2016 2:23 PM
Aug 2007
OMG, I am SO GLAD for the improvements!!! No more ugly 3D CGI!!! No more weird lipstick!!! And those roses (remind me of Utena) were kinda nifty too!!! This time, the animation could perhaps even be described as above average (as long as they keep this kind of quality up)!!!! The other sailor senshis also seem to have made progress, at the very least they all got their little idiosyncrasies back so they don't seen cardboards, and Venus and Jupiter did some good teamwork so I can't accuse them of being useless. Humor was also present and the pace was set at fast but pleasantly followable. This first episode with its improvements made me highly optimistic about the series, and this is my favorite sailormoon arc to boot, so... keep it up! Totally hyped now!!!!!!
SonnyGotenApr 4, 2016 2:26 PM
Apr 4, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
BlazingOptimist said:

Stellar voice acting by Junko Minagawa - Haruka's androgynous qualities really come through.

Damn it! I knew I've forgot to write something in my first comment. Come to think of it people feared especially Haruka's VA won't make the cut. I think Minagawa-san and Ochara-san are doing a great job VA Haruka and Michiru.

Apr 4, 2016 2:52 PM

Mar 2015
An intro episode, not very surprising. I will say the animation seems to have improved quite a bit!

Loved the VAs for Haruka and Michiru <3

OP I was meh about, loved the ED though!
Apr 4, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
this is way better than what i expected and THANK YOU that horrible CGI is gone and I hope it will never come back. the animation improved so much. the only thing i was meh about was the opening which is really bland

anyway can't wait to see some cousin love~~~
Apr 4, 2016 3:12 PM

Jan 2015
I liked it! Awesome episode. Also, the animation isn't as annoying as it was in the first season.
Apr 4, 2016 3:14 PM
Nov 2013
Easily much better than Crystal, which I enjoyed for the most part. The animation looks much more elegant, particularly the character designs. And I absolutely loved the new transformation scenes! Let's hope the changes help make this sequel a great one.
Apr 4, 2016 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
It´s amazing... Just amazing. So much improvement! They look so full of life now! The ED is beautiful!

My only complaint is the OP song. SO GENERIC. I wouldn´t mind to stick with Moon Pride or a new version of Moonlight Densetsu.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Apr 4, 2016 4:47 PM

Jun 2008
Loving the new design and animations in this season unlike the first season whose character design was just so cringe worthy and dorky looking. If only the first season was like this :( better characterisation and pacing here too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2016 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
finally no cgi transformations.
Apr 4, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2015
The lesbians are here......
#CHEXIT
Apr 4, 2016 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
Imeon said:
The lesbians are here......

finally, i've waited forever :D
Apr 4, 2016 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Nice wasting time with everyone transformations just sweet
Apr 4, 2016 8:11 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was a pretty good episode. I don't really care about animation quality when it comes to talking about shows but I got to say it's definitely better than what the previous season had.

Hopefully Toei can deliver a better adaptation this time around.
Apr 4, 2016 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
this is way better than the prequel!
the animation is more like the 90s and there are more funny scenes!

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Apr 4, 2016 8:46 PM

Jun 2014
So glad this is back!

Loved this first episode and can't wait to see how the season plays out!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Apr 4, 2016 9:09 PM
Feb 2015
I'm so happy Crystal is back I needed more UsagixMamoru love in my life <3333 I'm definitely super excited to see more of this amazing anime which did a wonderful job the first two seasons, never really got why the hate for it.
Apr 4, 2016 9:58 PM

Jun 2011
I'm glad that they decided to use Doki Doki Precure's character designs on the new animation; the entire show looks aesthetically pleasing way more than the previous Crystal. I am quite happy, and I'm really looking forward to this anime, I hope we finally get to see an offical Sailor Saturn transformation. I am quite happy we get to meet Neptune and Uranus again after so long.
Apr 4, 2016 10:38 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see they are continuing the Crystal project. My optimism prays they just adapt the entire manga into an anime that follows closely with the source but for now I am satisfied with what I am getting. Major improvements over the first two installments of Crystal, so excited to see where it goes.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 4, 2016 11:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really loved seeing how the art and animation got a whole lot better =o If only Toei gave DBS the same treatment as this and Precure sighhh

Makes me wonder why they even went with CGI in the first place (Not that I had a problem with it since I've seen a lot worse before)

Looking forward to seeing what happens next as well as dat yuri I kept on hearing about lol....Neptune is hot af btw
TokoyaApr 4, 2016 11:06 PM
Apr 5, 2016 1:29 AM

Apr 2015
shouyo said:

finally, i've waited forever :D

Yeah, I never knew Haruka was actually a cross-dressing dude.
#CHEXIT
Apr 5, 2016 2:50 AM
Jan 2013
This episode was lovely. To be honest I didn't notice the change in character designs a lot. It doesn't botter me. But the previous designs looked more mature that's why I love the previous more. Of course we are talking about Sailor Moon so there is nothing to hate about it. It has been my favourite up till now and it remains my favourite series (doesn't matter what version, I love them all)

I hope we will see the beautiful Dream and Stars arc too and finally see them marry. I just love that scene.
Apr 5, 2016 4:05 AM

Mar 2009
The 3D CGI transformation is gone(hopefully forever), but let's not get ahead of ourselves, folks. If you remember, the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal S1 looked really good, too. And then the QUALITY happened. I'd love to praise Toei if they can keep this up, but their work on Dragon Ball Super has been all over the place, so I can't say I have much hope it'll continue to be this good.

All that being said, yes, this was a remarkable improvement.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

71 by MFDOOMED »»
Jan 4, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

49 by Netbug »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

39 by STJohn_Smith »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

40 by Miwey »»
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.