Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's super Sailor Moon~

Glad to see the Sailor Scouts not fighting anymore though. In the meantime, this episode does more background storytelling about the two new sailor scouts. It turns out, Hotaru/Sailor Saturn has more influence in the story than expected.

Stark700May 23, 2016 8:02 AM
May 23, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
- It's nice that Ms. Mitsuishi used more serious voice as Queen Serenity :) And why she had blond hair, instead of silver?
- Mistress 9 speaking from body of Hotaru...personally i like the tone of voice, ominous and full of pride :) Great job Yukiyo Fujii-san :)
- I wonder what "sponsors" Haruka talked about? :tongue:
- Sailor Saturn on the second eyecatch picture :) Why Outers didn't try to stop her attack?
- Very nice music and great pictures while reveal backstory of Hotaru
- Outers are not such cold b.tches like in old anime, they saw what Saturn can do, also know in what condition Hotaru is, and they know that they will be hated for what they do, but there is no other way ...
- Mistress 9 looks cool :) little change from the manga, Mistress 9 instantly grabbed Chibi-Usa brooch with her hand, here, she played Bayonetta, and used fher longer hair, taking brooch took longer, and Chibi-Usa slowly detransformed, Hotaru transformation into Mistress 9 was also slower, in the manga, it was faster.
Yet another fantastic episode
May 23, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2013
Yet another dialogue driven episode with cool story and some anticlimactic "fight". I like it anyway.
Hotaru... What a yandere queen.
I like this Mistress 9 more than one from Sailor Moon S. She is a pure evil with crazy face.
Poor ChibiUsa was beaten hard. She is the best character in this season. Hope she is ok.
And this ridiculous ending looked especially stupid this time.
GvendolineMay 23, 2016 10:40 AM
May 23, 2016 9:40 AM
Apr 2015
One think to notice: before becoming Mistress 9, Hotaru didnt wear black clothes but a white négligé. :p
Loli Power? :p
May 23, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
I was a little confused about the flashback. What did Sailor Saturn do?
May 23, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
garydai said:

It's not explicitly said, but Saturn's glaive has the power to bring down the world ("bring the eternal silence") with one swing. It will probably be explained better later. At least it was like this in the old anime, I don't remember if it went the same in the manga.
May 23, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2011
Holy crap that episode escalated quickly ó__O

Despite the fact we had more "quality shots", than the last episodes, I don't mind them because I really loved the rest of the animation and +1 for the new OST's. VA was perfectly done.

Now for the episode content:

- CGI Moon Chalice. I think CGI for objects works well and blends good into the animation itself. Let it stay that way for the rest of this and the future Arc's. No more CGI Transformations :x
- That Crisis Transformation! Fuck yeah! Got sparkly eyes and a big smile watching this. Nostalgia trip to the 90's <3
- Sailor Saturns background story. Wow, nice.
- Haruka easy going about her destroyed apartment and the bill for it haha. Clueless Usagi and angry Michiru emoji were priceless XD I'm glad it was adapted from the manga :D
- Hotaru awakening into Mistress 9. That crazy look in her eyes and her design altogether. Badass. And gosh, that's muuuuch hair there. She even beats Usagi from the 1/2 season lol.

The characters have so much more expression and personality compared to season 1 and 2 that it seems like it's a totally different Anime. Why Toei. Why didn't you do this from the beginning.

kamil88 said:
- ...And why she had blond hair, instead of silver?

Toei did forget the same fact in the 1st Opening from Season 1 too. Seems they like her that way more, or simply Toei animators have memory problems ;x

kamil88 said:
- ...Why Outers didn't try to stop her attack?

It was a "Silence Glave Suprise" attack ;) Pun intended.

garydai said:

She literary used her Ultimate xD Saturn dropped her Silence Glave on its sharp point and boom.

Edit: Seems like Toei's not the only one with memory problems. 5/5 from me C:
RaffMay 23, 2016 10:00 AM

May 23, 2016 10:29 AM
Aug 2007
I've never hated an ED song more for ruining a perfectly dramatic atmosphere than this very moment.

"She's not breathing!!"
Cut straight to cutesy music.

Me: *groans* WHY!!!?!
May 23, 2016 10:41 AM

Oct 2015
Another good episode, but my issue with the flying senshi starts ups again. It really takes me out of the show every time it is showing them floating or flying around. It is something that I had issues with the manga and was hoping that Crystal would avoid it, but seems like the animators are embracing it.
May 23, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2013
wow what a great episode this episode answered so many questions and gave us so many reveals and great moments. right away I have to say really feels like I should have watched this episode at night. Yes more Hotaru or should I say Mistress 9 (unless they decide to change her name which I don't see why they would), I love how they introduced her and how Hotaru changed into her I love it. so quick question is it implied that sailor Saturn killed Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto during the silver millennium or was I reading that wrong (pretty sure I was)? moving on to super sailor moon right away not surprised how easily she defeated the last remaining witch/witches. also interesting that she changed everyone's brooch into a heart I guess so they can be closer together or at least match since both chibi moon and sailor moon have heart shaped brooches while the other's only had sphere's.

I'm trying to figure out who's more powerful mistress 9 or sailor Saturn there's no point to this it's just me asking a question.

Let's not forget today's power up sequence is 36 seconds it's not a transformation it's a power up they even say it in the anime.
May 23, 2016 11:34 AM
Mar 2016
Ok the animation quality has dropped but I am sure things will be fixed in an upcoming bluray release when I saw Neo Queen Serenity's wrong hair color lol XD They cannot let that be I hope xD Plot-wise this episode was crazy, Super Sailor Moon was my favourite in the original anime, along with Eternal maybe. I loved the flashbacks from Silver Millenium, it was so neglected after R in the 90's anime and the interaction between the Senshi was so cute and awww they never had that before <3 But the pick of the episode was surely Mistress 9's awakening, man that was rouuugh, poor Chibiusa (well in the past a part of me was full of a twisted joy when she suffers because the 2 of us don't have the best relationship but I am actually sorry for her anyway, being betrayed by your friend and suffering in her hands, ouch) Okay now really, the ending is ridiculous. Within 5 seconds you see a dead Chibiusa and then an alive cheerful one jogging with a cat, it's so odd XD I would definitely prefer that ending as the first one of this season afterall (well if I had a real choice I would change it completely but..) The cliffhangers are so pissing me off, apart from my exams, what conquers my mind is SMC lol XD Oooh next week MomoClo's version of the opening and Tuxedo Mask's ending are premiering, can't wait to hear both :3
ChrisTsukinoMay 23, 2016 1:53 PM
May 23, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2010
Ciara said:
garydai said:

It's not explicitly said, but Saturn's glaive has the power to bring down the world ("bring the eternal silence") with one swing. It will probably be explained better later. At least it was like this in the old anime, I don't remember if it went the same in the manga.

Yes, Saturn is basically a last resort when everything has gone to hell. She's supposed to appear and basically reset everything, wipe the slate clean. Basically when killing everything is the better alternative to what the enemy would do and all she has to do for it to happen is raise her Glaive and drop it down... like an executioner beheading the world. Saturn's power is extreme, probably second to only the silver crystal. Only downside is that Saturn's power is a double edge sword. If she uses it... everything dies not just her enemies.

FallenEntity said:
so quick question is it implied that sailor Saturn killed Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto during the silver millennium or was I reading that wrong (pretty sure I was)?

I'm trying to figure out who's more powerful mistress 9 or sailor Saturn there's no point to this it's just me asking a question.

Yes, she killed them... though as more of a side note of killing everything in the silver millennium lol.

And obviously Saturn would win hands down (^_~)v
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
May 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
I haven't got up to Super Sailor Moon's manga introduction yet, but good God, the anime makes her look good.

Away from the new transformation, Hotaru's introductory arc continues to bring home just how much SMC has improved during the current season - she affects everyone, which really raises the stakes when it comes to her

Chibiusa has been an annoying character in the past, but when a child is on the brink of death I can't help but get involved.
May 23, 2016 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode. I looked at some season 1 clips and they look even shittier than I remembered, nice that it improved so much.
May 23, 2016 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
Considering the events of the episode, ending looked absolutely trollish XD

Episode had the great OST and the great voice acting. I especially liked Pluto lines. Ai Meda's delivery of them was great.
May 23, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2014
So Iggy died again? (Jojo fans will get it lol).

I chuckled at this moment, chibi scenes done right.

LordPeruchoMay 23, 2016 1:52 PM

May 23, 2016 1:49 PM

Oct 2014
amare135 said:
Great episode. I looked at some season 1 clips and they look even shittier than I remembered, nice that it improved so much.

Shows how much a difference is when u get a director that is a big fan of the series...

May 23, 2016 2:03 PM

Mar 2013
Khaoticsuccubus said:
Ciara said:

Yes, Saturn is basically a last resort when everything has gone to hell. She's supposed to appear and basically reset everything, wipe the slate clean. Basically when killing everything is the better alternative to what the enemy would do and all she has to do for it to happen is raise her Glaive and drop it down... like an executioner beheading the world. Saturn's power is extreme, probably second to only the silver crystal. Only downside is that Saturn's power is a double edge sword. If she uses it... everything dies not just her enemies.

FallenEntity said:
so quick question is it implied that sailor Saturn killed Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto during the silver millennium or was I reading that wrong (pretty sure I was)?

Yes, she killed them... though as more of a side note of killing everything in the silver millennium lol.

And obviously Saturn would win hands down (^_~)v

Thank you for answering was not expecting anyone to give me an answer at least until tomorrow.
May 23, 2016 3:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I didn't mind the dialogue episode, to be honest I welcomed it. We get more info on Sailor Saturn and the past. That power Saturn has is so insane, even if everyone attacked Saturn at the same time she could just used her Finisher and it's game over for everyone including herself.

So in this arc Hotaru is the one being controlled. I wonder if the Professor had anything to do with this or at least the crystal he gave to her.

And wow Haruka's apartment is expensive. Close to $9200 a month and that's not including food and transportation. Wasn't she shown working as a race car driver? I thought she'd also get money from that.

May 23, 2016 5:50 PM
Oct 2009
I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place here...

Either this plot makes no sense or it's really, really stupid.
May 23, 2016 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
cheeko_gal said:
I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place here...

Either this plot makes no sense or it's really, really stupid.

I'm just convinced that some things work better in manga. I mean, I'm terribly happy that Toei stepped up their game and now I'm back to giving every Sailor Moon entry at least 7 in rating because it's Sailor Moon and that equals good (first and second Crystal got a fat 1, serves you right, you abomination), but yeah, in the last episodes it's apparent that story from the manga has its stupidities, lack of logic and "because I said so" moments. But I went into watching it with whole awareness of that, so it's not like I'm dissapointed. I can excuse it more when it's in manga form, because it's whole atmosphere is more ethereal and mythical, so narrative shortcuts aren't as glaring as they are in the adaptation.
May 25, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
i can't stop making fun of Moon's new crotch-guard -w-'

all this talk about 'power' makes me think of shonen jump, cuz they obsess with numbers and power-levels and jerks like that -.w-.'''

also; anyone else find Moon's spin-arounds and knee-stands kinda silly ^_^'?

also; Uranus' sword feels like it changes appearance a bunch of times =='?
arabian style, nope, european style, nope, arabian style _<D

and still, 14 years... 14 years old..... seriously -w-'?
well- i suppose they've kinda wobbled all over the place with ages in this thing _xD

i kinda dig the fun of having a sailor being the destroyer of worlds though,
i seriously hope they make as good an ending of this season as they made back in the day =w='

-i find the defiance of Moon's "guardian soldiers" to be heavily defiant to her orders all of the time, eh _<D?

-oh yeah, Hotaru's sudden, unexpected growth and all of that, i'd forgotten all about it, hueh. all of the femme-love aside, i'm looking forward to the last couple of episodes here -w-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
May 27, 2016 1:03 AM

Dec 2015
5/5 despite the fact the flying around looks so weirder in the anime (I tend to "skip" it more easily in the manga)
Also, hair hand? XD

I hope they will try again to animate a "more manga" style for the next part but it's still "pretty" enough.

LovelyHikari said:

And wow Haruka's apartment is expensive. Close to $9200 a month and that's not including food and transportation. Wasn't she shown working as a race car driver? I thought she'd also get money from that.

You forget the Yen value wasn't the same in the early 90s.
May 28, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
Konani said:

...also; anyone else find Moon's spin-arounds and knee-stands kinda silly ^_^'?

Each blow of pure cheese feels like a strike in the gut. Yet I come back every week and expect to flinch at more silliness. It aint easy watching this with a straight face...
May 28, 2016 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
Rei366 said:

You forget the Yen value wasn't the same in the early 90s.

-considering they've got all that recent-day technology, i think they've also updated the money-value in the new anime -w-'

it probably is that expensive; just look at the place?
May 28, 2016 9:59 PM

Dec 2015
@Konani I actually noticed only the discs (who are almost as old as the story) and TV screens. Was there anything I missed? (curious)
May 29, 2016 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
Oh lovely, here comes Mistress 9.
May 29, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
Rei366 said:
@Konani I actually noticed only the discs (who are almost as old as the story) and TV screens. Was there anything I missed? (curious)

not that i've been looking specifically, but there at least seems to be a tablet somewhere (i googled it lol)

but if one would be going back and re-watch te entire crystal that's been released up-until now, i'm pretty sure one could find many more "more modern" things than from the old anime ^_^'
May 29, 2016 6:56 AM

Oct 2009
AH this was a GREAT ep.
May 30, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2014
Crystal season 3 keeps getting better and better with each perspective of the Outer Senshi and Hotaru, just like in the manga. Hotaru's story was really tragic and dark. Her body is cyber and fragile and I can't help to be sorry for her, with the taunting and bullying :( I hope she will get better soon and destroy Mistress Nine.

Super Sailor Moon's transformation and attack were spot-on, just like in the 90's anime but with more background colors and patterns. And it was awesome that everyone's broaches turn into a heart.

I lol'd at Haruka's patron joke and a bubble of Chibi Michiru popping up and scowling at Haruka. I thought that was hilarious.

Poor Chibiusa! I hope she didn't died :( that'd be too much for her parents.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
May 31, 2016 9:30 AM

May 2010
I must admit that I enjoyed this episode quite a lot! Finally, Super Sailor Moon awakened! Probably my favourite transformation, she really looks like butterfly, so cuuute! I also think that Usagi's seiyuu sounds a lot better and, well, younger this season. While watching the first Crystal series I thought that they should have changed her seiyuu after all, but now she's doing a really great job, glad they've kept her.

+ Soundtrack also improved a bit, especially one track when Chibi Moon was running towards Hotaru's house was great, definitely will check out the OST later.
Jun 3, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
kamil88 said:
- It's nice that Ms. Mitsuishi used more serious voice as Queen Serenity :)

Sounds similar to the voice she uses for Murrue Rammius (Gundam seed) or Rinko Iori (Build Fighters).
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 8, 2016 6:13 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Ah so she is Sailor Saturn. :0

Man... All the scouts get are heart-shaped brooches? They should get more power so they can stop relying on Moon so much.
Jun 10, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2008
Can anyone tell me whos' the VA for Mistress 9? I know I recognize this voice from other anime but I just can't lay my finger on it and it's frustrating! xD
Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama DUCK!
Jun 12, 2016 10:47 AM

Feb 2013
Oh Super Sailor Moon.
Oh wait who cares about that, Sailor Saturn!

Too much happened in one episode. Poor storyboarding.
Jun 16, 2016 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
Here's my Senshi power ranking:
1st Sailor Saturn

2nd (any of the three)
-Sailor Pluto
-Sailor Uranus
-Sailor Neptune
-Super Sailor Moon

3rd (or what I call lower rest)
-Sailor Moon (normal mode)
-Sailor Venus
-Sailor Jupiter
-Sailor Mars
-Sailor Mercury

Any ways The sailor outfit of Super Sailor Moon was gorgeous!
Seems like Sailor Saturn didn't awaken but pre empted by the forces of Pharaoh 90.
5/5.

Jul 8, 2016 8:19 AM

Feb 2014
Ooh yay super sailor moon awakens! I love all the butterflies in her transformation and attack :D

Poor Chibiusa, she went to procteect her friend, but Hotaru transformed and stole the legendary silver crystal! :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2014
The Bitches Witches 5 are no more.

Mamoru, where do you think you're placing your hands on? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 24, 2017 1:12 PM
Aug 2017
Sonic: OH MY GOD!!!
IT'S SUPER SAILOR MOON!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 25, 2020 3:40 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode. In the original anime I always thought the outers seemed like jerks for distancing themselves from the other senshi. Here we can see they tried to talk to the others but ran into Usagi's optimism wall. They just know the world's gonna end and have to go out on their own.

SonnyGoten said:
I've never hated an ED song more for ruining a perfectly dramatic atmosphere than this very moment.

"She's not breathing!!"
Cut straight to cutesy music.

Me: *groans* WHY!!!?!

lol I was thinking the same thing.
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM
May 2018
Ok, so I Sailor Saturn, in the moment she awakens, there will be a massive destruction. That's 1 outcome. But we have seen her healing Chibi-Usa too, right? I'm wondering if that's the 2. outcome, a total massive healing on the world? Could it be? Looking forward to see the rest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

103 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

71 by MFDOOMED »»
Jan 4, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2016

49 by Netbug »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

39 by STJohn_Smith »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.