Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 28, 2016 2:10 AM

Apr 2015
Ahh!! I really can't wait for Owari 3
Mar 28, 2016 2:16 AM

Jul 2007
So the bast part of this is finally here. :^)

This episode is 10/10 material right here.

alyya said:
what sword that gaen holding?
Kokorowatari or Yumewatari? The sub is not explained that.

The original kokorowatari, the one that the Aberration Killer owned in his life.

If you rewatch the conclusion to the Shinobu Mail there are hints towards this.
Mar 28, 2016 3:06 AM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
Oh I forgot to say this but

holy shit its mamaragi

That sounded like "Mamarin" XD
Mar 28, 2016 4:44 AM

Aug 2014
Just when I thought this was going to be a chill episode just like the rest, this one hit me like a truck...

Couldn't ask for a better way to get pumped for the second half of Owari!
Mar 28, 2016 5:46 AM

May 2009
D-ohnuts said:
moodie said:
lol just because u didnt understand it in context doesnt mean its bullshit. also even if u dont read the books to know its obviously hinting at something. calling it bullshit is because ur lack of understanding not the anime fault.

Who says I didn't understand? I sure as hell understand it, I just didn't feel like recapping what they talked about.

Ok, so what did you understand from watching the scene? What message was it trying to coney? You said that it was all bullshit but apparently there is more to your opinion than meets the eye. Wanna share with others?
Mar 28, 2016 6:37 AM

Aug 2008
OMG! It's Hachikuji.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 28, 2016 6:56 AM

May 2014
Kobe_Bryant said:
Someone please just explain everything to me?

QUESTION: WHY DID GAEN KILLED ARARAGI? What were all the things she talked about.

Or is this supposed to be confusing to the audience and it will let us know about it better in the next adaption?

It's a pretty big spoiler, and Iam not sure either because its been some time since I read the novel soo...

SPOILER!!
RaidenHUNMar 28, 2016 7:01 AM
Mar 28, 2016 7:15 AM

May 2012
EratiK said:
I hear
僕はガエンさんのふる飼い殺しにおって、切り刻まれたじゃなかったのか。

so I think it's something like
Gaen took on her to deny keeping a useless guy like me alive, hadn't she just minced me?

I'm not quite sure about ふる and おって though.
I see, thanks a lot!

Kobe_Bryant said:

QUESTION: WHY DID GAEN KILLED ARARAGI? What were all the things she talked about.

Or is this supposed to be confusing to the audience and it will let us know about it better in the next adaption?
You need to find out in the arc called
chaosflame5Mar 28, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 28, 2016 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
Arashi89 said:
Ok, so what did you understand from watching the scene? What message was it trying to coney? You said that it was all bullshit but apparently there is more to your opinion than meets the eye. Wanna share with others?

Okay, off the top of my head: Izuko talked about how Kagenui being targeted was unexpected, despite her being supposed to know everything. Then she talks about Ononoki's individuality, or lack thereof, and about how she's started to gain humanity by being with him (of course), which was inconvenient to Izuko as she had assigned her to Araragi as a restraint, to keep spiritual stability.

With all that said and done, to stop the supernatural stuff going on, she decides to put her solution to use by killing Araragi, and it turns out that she has the Oddity Killer sword.

So okay, Izuko's plan involves killing Araragi, which is obvious. The plan also likely involves resurrecting him, considering that he is unfortunately back to life in Hanamonogatari, which takes place after this. Since she wasn't directly involved with the events of most story arcs apart from giving some advice to the protagonists, it seems reasonable to assume that she's going to be involved more directly, or at least in the upcoming story arc. Some more info about her and why she has the Oddity Sword will likely follow.

Well, is this a satisfying enough answer, or is what happened in this episode still too complex and profound for someone who isn't a fan of this show to understand?
D-ohnutsMar 28, 2016 8:20 AM
Mar 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
"So okay, Izuko's plan involves killing Araragi, which is obvious. The plan also likely involves resurrecting him"

ya clearly ur talking out of ur ass and thats why u thought it was bullshit. srsly if u dont understand something thats fine. but dont pass it off like u do and it was nonsense.
Mar 28, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
ya clearly ur talking out of ur ass and thats why u thought it was bullshit. srsly if u dont understand something thats fine. but dont pass it off like u do and it was nonsense.

Well, Gaen said that her solution strategy to dispel the darkness in the city was for Araragi to die, which she did by cutting him in pieces. And he gets resurrected after that, because he shows up in Hanamonogatari. I've already read what has been translated of the light novels thus far, so I just checked back to confirm and here's the relevant part.

Later on, after he meets Tadatsuru again:

Now please keep in mind, it hasn't been translated past that point, so I don't know what happens next, but that was just what I had understood at this point so far. If you're serious about me not understanding, then please, explain it to me.
D-ohnutsMar 28, 2016 10:18 AM
Mar 28, 2016 2:36 PM

Mar 2009
I...uhh, what? Also, who is the king? Kaiki?

Nice to see Mamaragi, btw.
Mar 28, 2016 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
OH SHIT!!!

What a way to end this season!

Can't wait to see the next Monogatari....shit's getting real!

8/10 for Koyomigatari
Mar 28, 2016 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
The actual scene with him getting cut to bits was amazing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 28, 2016 9:13 PM
Jun 2014
Great episode. Liked the unexpected part.

This episode 5/5.

This serie was 6.5/10 for me, but this one episode changed it to 7/10 hehe.

Sadly as usual, 1 guy is baiting people :'D
TKMikeMar 28, 2016 9:18 PM
Mar 29, 2016 1:49 AM

Oct 2013
he was a useless character anyways, i like it. 10/10
Mar 29, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2015
what kind of ending was that? Now we have to wait for Owariminogatari Ge. It is that perhaps this story would never end?
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 29, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2008
I watched the Nadeko Medusa arc such a long time ago, I completely forgot about that talisman lol. I know Nadeko swallowed it and became a snake god, but why did Gaen give it to Araragi again? Why did she give it to him in the first place?
Mar 29, 2016 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
My god i had multiple orgasms watching this.

This is why i love this series so much.
Mar 30, 2016 6:38 AM

Mar 2016
D-ohnuts said:
moodie said:

Well, Gaen said that her solution strategy to dispel the darkness in the city was for Araragi to die, which she did by cutting him in pieces. And he gets resurrected after that, because he shows up in Hanamonogatari. I've already read what has been translated of the light novels thus far, so I just checked back to confirm and here's the relevant part.

Later on, after he meets Tadatsuru again:

Now please keep in mind, it hasn't been translated past that point, so I don't know what happens next, but that was just what I had understood at this point so far. If you're serious about me not understanding, then please, explain it to me.

Damn you owned his ass.
Mar 30, 2016 8:05 AM
Oct 2014
Well, since Araragi is alive in Hanamonogatari and we already got to know that apparitions can come back from death, like the first one did, it's pretty save to assume he will get back to life anytime soon.
However, this was a really sophisticated kind of ending. Killing the main character causes quite some impact.
Mar 30, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2014
What the hell did Ararararagi just die?
Hi there
Mar 30, 2016 3:29 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
shitsurei, kamimashita!

Mar 31, 2016 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, that scene where Gaen obliterated Araragi was next level.
Shiz goes down when the characters stop talking, *remembers Araragi's beatdown in Nise*.
Apr 2, 2016 1:48 AM

Mar 2016
RaidenHUN said:
Kobe_Bryant said:

It's a pretty big spoiler, and Iam not sure either because its been some time since I read the novel soo...

SPOILER!!

Thanks a lot.

I saw another commenting telling that Gaen planned to kill Araragi and revive him, is that true?
Apr 2, 2016 2:58 AM

May 2014
Kobe_Bryant said:
RaidenHUN said:

SPOILER!!

Thanks a lot.

I saw another commenting telling that Gaen planned to kill Araragi and revive him, is that true?

Apr 2, 2016 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
WTF

Now they really got me curious about the actual final. There was already a part after Araragi passed his exams so he has to survive this but how the fuck does he recover from that?

NOWAA said:
I watched the Nadeko Medusa arc such a long time ago, I completely forgot about that talisman lol. I know Nadeko swallowed it and became a snake god, but why did Gaen give it to Araragi again? Why did she give it to him in the first place?

if I remember correctly she intended Shinobu to become the god of that shrine to bring balance to the town. That's what the talisman was for but it didn't happen and then Nadeko stole it to become the new god of the shrine. I'm not quite sure anymore but I think there was even a scene in which Gaen said something along the line she planned it differently but it works out like this, too.
NanashiApr 2, 2016 12:07 PM
Apr 2, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
Oh ok, thank you :)
Apr 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2014
Hopefully we will get Owari 2 the soonest possible, can't wait.
Well, there still is Kizumonogatari!
Apr 2, 2016 11:57 PM

Aug 2010
D-ohnuts said:
Arashi89 said:

Okay, off the top of my head: Izuko talked about how Kagenui being targeted was unexpected, despite her being supposed to know everything. Then she talks about Ononoki's individuality, or lack thereof, and about how she's started to gain humanity by being with him (of course), which was inconvenient to Izuko as she had assigned her to Araragi as a restraint, to keep spiritual stability.

With all that said and done, to stop the supernatural stuff going on, she decides to put her solution to use by killing Araragi, and it turns out that she has the Oddity Killer sword.

So okay, Izuko's plan involves killing Araragi, which is obvious. The plan also likely involves resurrecting him, considering that he is unfortunately back to life in Hanamonogatari, which takes place after this. Since she wasn't directly involved with the events of most story arcs apart from giving some advice to the protagonists, it seems reasonable to assume that she's going to be involved more directly, or at least in the upcoming story arc. Some more info about her and why she has the Oddity Sword will likely follow.

Well, is this a satisfying enough answer, or is what happened in this episode still too complex and profound for someone who isn't a fan of this show to understand?

just curious though, mind telling us where the bullshit part you were referring about since were already here then.
Apr 3, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
Vahneris said:
just curious though, mind telling us where the bullshit part you were referring about since were already here then.

jfc, I already explained it: I don't think the story is bullshit, I just said that because I didn't feel like recapping everything they said.
Apr 4, 2016 1:24 AM
Mar 2016
A bit surprised people were upset about all of these episodes. I guess I expected the episodes to be covering all of the characters in more of a service? I had in mind there was still going to plot eventually, but it seems I may have been one of the few judging by these comments. I enjoyed all of it, but I can understand how you feel if you were expecting more but that goes for any anime :)
Apr 4, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 2015
that oshino meme on moutain Lol what the hell is he doing?? ;D

7/10
Apr 4, 2016 3:44 PM

May 2014
4kicks said:
We all know that this obviously isn't the end...yet. Araragi comes back somehow in Hanamonogatari, with Koyomimonogatari being short stories throughout the entire series.

...That being said...Dat cliffhanger. The chronology of this series vs it's air dates is confusing the hell out of me, so much so I need to reference a chart or list of some kind just to barely make some sense of it. I haven't been this confused since The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya first aired a decade ago.

I think i need a chart as well lol
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Apr 4, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2008
J0HN_L0CKE said:
I think i need a chart as well lol

You're in luck, the folks over on reddit did the legwork for us:
https://www.reddit.com/r/araragi/comments/253p64/the_orders_to_monogatari_condensed_version/
Apr 6, 2016 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
Last 3 eps were very good. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 8, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
Shocking ending, leads right into next season.
Apr 30, 2016 8:57 PM

Feb 2013
I always wondered about the lack of ending this series had... this one makes sense.

Hitagi is gonna kill him when she finds out what happened (lol, it's a joke! though I think she said something similar in one of the episodes)

2 pages and no "people die if they are killed"? You disappoint me MAL.

Oh right... 5/5 this episode. 8/10 overall (not quite as good as the rest)
May 4, 2016 8:29 AM

Oct 2014
Rather messy ending. Wolf time?

Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 23, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
Wait wah.. So this is a teaser to something that hasn't been adapted to anime yet? If so... please please please adapt the rest of the monogatari series! Can't get enough of Yotsugi.
May 25, 2016 11:51 PM
Jan 2016
Well, this ending was a bit of a shock, because in Hanamonogatari, Araragi is alive and is going to college...I'm kinda confuse about the ending..
Jun 9, 2016 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
You gotta like how the protagonist dying is a cliffhanger. The point of placing Hanamonogatari where it was in the series suddenly makes complete sense.

The same thing goes for Kaiki. Both Araragi and Kaiki are seemingly dead at this point, but we know both are alive in Hanamonogatari. So, what happens? Makes me wonder if Araragi will run into Kaiki in the next upcoming series.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jun 23, 2016 12:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Koyomi Dead.
Gaen & Koyomi speak, and a great truth is revealed, how will it end?

With this episode the series ends, entertaining and addictive, with good and bad solutions. 6/10.
Bye Bye?

--
Koyomi Dead.
Gaen y Koyomi hablan, y una gran verdad es revelada, ¿cómo acabará?

Con este episodio se acaba la serie, entretenida y adictiva, con soluciones buenas y malas. 6/10.
¿Bye-bye?
Jun 23, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
SENGOKU NOOOOOOOOOOOO just when I thought the short hair bullsh*t was done -.-
Jun 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Sep 2007
Question.
Araragi will definitely come out alive as seen in Hanamogatari, BUT.

Is Shinobu still alive? My first thought was "oh no, Gaen killed Shinobu, WHYY". Remember when Black Hanekawa was struck with Kokorowatari only the Meddlecat was hurt. The sword that Araragi and Shinobu have is a copy of the original - and the original is now in the hands of Gaen Izuko (after the events of Shinobu Mail). The original might as well work on Shinobu, too. As Araragi becomes more human and Shinobu is closer to a full vampire, she is more and more at risk of being destroyed. My guess is Araragi was being protected to avoid the situation that happened in Mayoi Jiangshi - with Araragi dead and Kissshot trying to destroy the world. However, if Shinobu is killed, Araragi "just" goes back to being human (against his will). In fact, with this, the "preferred" scenario of them both dying is fulfilled in Koyomi Dead.

tl;dr - Since Araragi insists that "if Kissshot/Shinobu dies, I may as well die with her", Gaen Izuko's plan is to kill both of them, then resurrect Araragi (and possibly someone else, too).

Note: I'm probably wrong (and I hope I am).
Jun 24, 2016 6:46 AM
Apr 2015
Up until now Commie only release one episodes
Jul 31, 2016 2:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally some real meat and bones at the end. This episode is true Monogatari quality and has a very important part of the story to tell. Are they really not going to give it a proper release? It's kind of relevant.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 2, 2016 12:07 PM
Apr 2016
Does koyomi stay dead forever ( little bit late on this ) ? Im sure if hes with mayoi it would just be their same relationship but a little bit more sexual . Anyways im hoping in the next series shinobu somehow rescues him with hitagi because it cant simply end with mayoi and koyomi together just fooling around .
Aug 4, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
well well well I've got some mind blown over here because I didn't read any of monogatari novels.

RaidenHUN said:
Kobe_Bryant said:

SPOILER!!

thanks for you, it cleared half of my curiosity (a cat's life saved).
what I still don't understand is, that's all happened before hanamonogatari, then how araragi come back to life after being sliced to pieces? is his part of body reconstruct itself or some magic happened?
Nov 7, 2016 9:43 AM

Oct 2016
I liked different opennings each episode, I guess.
Araragi got chopped then uh? Resurrected to that tree that was blocking the building progress...?
I guess this anime aint for me I saw Bakemonogatari and This(Koyomimonogatari). There's a huge ton of those Monogataris o__o, But I like the pink hair girl :3
HucuChillNov 7, 2016 10:01 AM
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 5, 2016

67 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2016

60 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

67 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

82 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

moodie - Jan 9, 2016

79 by RioFS »»
Apr 2, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.