Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Capypa Land!!!! Greatest. Place. EVER.

Very fun OVA with a goldmine of Yato faces. Thank god that Hiyori saved the day at the end and kept Yato's dream/fantasy of the Capyas alive! She da real MVP.

Mar 17, 2016 5:20 PM
Jul 2014
This was the worst ova episode imo, it was still okay I'm just glad to get some Noragami content
Mar 17, 2016 5:29 PM

Feb 2015
This was my favorite OVA by far.

The only difference is that in the manga, Kazuma, Bishamon and Ebisu weren't there, but it was still nice to see them.

Capypa Land has been a part of the story since the very first chapters, so it's nice to see the trio finally getting to spend a day together there, without having to worry about anything (except for Kofuku, lol). They needed to take this day/chapter off after everything that happened with Ebisu arc and before the shitstorm that comes later in the manga.

The episode was equally hilarious and adorable, but overall it made me nostalgic of Aragoto. I really miss the series and I hope it's not the last we see from the anime!
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Mar 17, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2015
Didn't know ep 2 was out till I saw this thanks will watch now
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Mar 17, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
Kazuma being conscious of his surrounding while with Veena lol. Now we all know Ebisu is a solid Yato x Hiyori shipper. This was a very fun and cute episode!
Mar 17, 2016 7:45 PM

Feb 2014
That was beautiful. I want a season 3 now.
Mar 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2014
Capypa Land > Disney World

Mar 17, 2016 10:47 PM

Oct 2015
Better one of the 4 OVAs in my opinion. Can't wait for Season 3!
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Mar 17, 2016 11:08 PM
Oct 2015
Seriously one of the best ova of 2016
Mar 18, 2016 12:10 AM

Jan 2012
I think Disney, Universal, and MGM are gonna sue some people. :P Pretty cute outing, though frequently being reminded of that dick stealing Hiyori's first kiss did put a damper on the proceedings a bit. Yato x Hiyori 4 ever!
Mar 18, 2016 12:21 AM

Aug 2015
Nice OVA~
Hiyori x Yato so sweet x'D~
Mar 18, 2016 12:49 AM

Feb 2016
Nice OVA, not that big on Yatori but them bickering... Classic Yato. I kinda wish there was more Bishamonten/Kazuma though in the OVA. Maybe future OVA?

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Mar 18, 2016 12:52 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was everything I hoped it would be and more.
Mar 18, 2016 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
omg this ova gave me so many laughs
yato was so cute, i couldn't even!!!!!!
so many yato x hiyori moments too kyaa~
Mar 18, 2016 1:16 AM

Jul 2014
this was definitely my favorite Noragami OVA, lots of nice Yatori development.
Mar 18, 2016 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad, very funny,Kofuku is too cute and evil at the same time, she was going to mess with Yato, and lol, for a stupid bug she opened a vent.
I'm glad Yato didn't learn the truth about the Capyper, his dream is still intact.
Mar 18, 2016 3:56 AM

Nov 2007
It's about the amusement park. Yato and KajiKaji's character are excited, the girl is afraid at first because it was where that kiss happened, the boy wanted to see the previous generation went, Sawashiro-san's character heard about it from a family member mentioning in 5th exchange diary.

OnoD's character pair and stayed there somehow. And main group don't even realize them that near. The moment came, and the girl's bad memory causing them to cause trouble. They somehow made up later (and the boy saw them). lol @ bad luck god causing trouble and broke Yato's dream about the mascot.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2016 4:14 AM

Dec 2015
It was a great OVA! Finally we got to see that Caypa land episode, finally.
Some things were different in the manga, but overall it was spot on and amazing. So awesome seeing it animated! I think that the only part that disappointed me really.. the posters. You know the ones Yato and Yukine held when they were on that rollercoaster ride... I was actually disappointed about those xD Because they changed them.
Yato's expressions and his voice and everything was so perfect and funny. Yukine getting struck by the magic of Caypa land was funny as hell xD Damn, Yato and Yukine really connected there xD

So, this was a great one.. I truly hope they're able to make a third season. I'd definitely watch it. The first two have been great so far ^^
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Mar 18, 2016 4:34 AM
Feb 2015
omg this episode was so adoreable
rip cockroach though ;-;
5/5
Mar 18, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2010
I was waiting for Hiyori x Yato scene, sweet as candy :3
Mar 18, 2016 5:50 AM

Sep 2013
I'm just starting to watch it.. and I can already tell that this is the best Ova ever xD
I've been waiting for this since last year :D
YATORI WTF! And adorable Yukine-kun OMG <3 <3 <3
Mar 18, 2016 6:08 AM

May 2015
YES THEY FINALLY ADAPTED IT.
CRAPYPA LAND FOREVER

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Mar 18, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
This was my fav story in manga and even though something was different I was absolutely charmed by Kamiya Hiroshi's voice acting xD (again and again)
5/5
Mar 18, 2016 6:34 AM

Oct 2012
That was very funny lol
Yato made me laugh so much. Kofuku and Ebisu were cute.
Mar 18, 2016 7:25 AM

Dec 2015
Okay, this was absolutely the best OVA!! I watched it twice and probably I will watch it again. Seriously, it was amazing!!
At the beginning, before the OVA was out, I was afraid of the differences that could have been between the manga and the anime, like the presence of Ebisu, Bishamon and Kazuma, but in the end this was the only difference because the remainder was the same as in the manga (except the poster).

- First, Yato.
I loved Yato's expressions and his voice very much, see him so happy made me happy (I was about to cry from happiness). I think that Yato's seiyuu had fun to dub this episode.
- Hyori and Yukine were so cute, especially Yukine behaving like a kid :3 (He deserved it).
- Kofuku and Daikoku <3 I don't have to say anything else because I simply love them even if I don't ship them actively (I'm just okay with Daikoku/Kofuku).
- Ebisu and Kunimi!! Kunimi freaked out was hilarious XD Ebisu was cute and I laughed when I saw Ebisu's photos at the beginning of the episode.
- I enjoyed Bishamon and Kazuma's interaction.
- I've never laughed so much with an episode of Noragami (I think the last time was with the episode from the first season where a man fell from a skyscraper).
- Good animation especially the Yato and Hiyori’s moment was animated beautifully. Really, I thought they were gonna kiss and I was like "Now kiss!!" or "OMG Yatori is so canon!!" (and I don't even ship it).

In the end I was very satisfied with this episode, it was great. Now I truly hope for a third season or at least for other OVAs.
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes.

Mar 18, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Really good episode, happy that Hiyori got over her small trauma(not sure if i should use this word), overall amazing since all the good aspects have already been listed by you guys. :)

Um....Can I have the name of the BGM at 16:50 during the Capyper parade?

Mar 18, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
OriginalSinX said:

If I'm not mistaken it should be "Recollection" :)
MeriFreMar 18, 2016 8:46 AM
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes.

Mar 18, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
MeriFre94 said:
OriginalSinX said:

If I'm not mistaken it should be "Recollection" :)

Thanks, it is 'Recollection' :D

Seems it's in the 1st season OST I was looking in 2nd season..
OriginalSinXMar 18, 2016 10:06 AM

Mar 18, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2014
Favourite OVA so far, I was squealing like an idiot all the way through XD
Rofl at Yukine...
"I am the mob".

Also, some absolutely adorkable moments between all of my pairings.
Sail ships, sail!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2015
Uve23 said:
This was my favorite OVA by far.

The only difference is that in the manga, Kazuma, Bishamon and Ebisu weren't there, but it was still nice to see them.

Capypa Land has been a part of the story since the very first chapters, so it's nice to see the trio finally getting to spend a day together there, without having to worry about anything (except for Kofuku, lol). They needed to take this day/chapter off after everything that happened with Ebisu arc and before the shitstorm that comes later in the manga.

The episode was equally hilarious and adorable, but overall it made me nostalgic of Aragoto. I really miss the series and I hope it's not the last we see from the anime!

My favorite OVA of Noragami. This episode reminded me of Aragato. Yato's happy face is awesome.
MeriFre94 said:
Okay, this was absolutely the best OVA!!
- First, Yato.
I loved Yato's expressions and his voice very much, see him so happy made me happy (I was about to cry from happiness). I think that Yato's seiyuu had fun to dub this episode.
- Hyori and Yukine were so cute, especially Yukine behaving like a kid :3 (He deserved it).
- Kofuku and Daikoku <3 I don't have to say anything else because I simply love them even if I don't ship them actively (I'm just okay with Daikoku/Kofuku).
- Ebisu and Kunimi!! Kunimi freaked out was hilarious XD Ebisu was cute and I laughed when I saw Ebisu's photos at the beginning of the episode.
- I enjoyed Bishamon and Kazuma's interaction.
- I've never laughed so much with an episode of Noragami (I think the last time was with the episode from the first season where a man fell from a skyscraper).
- Good animation especially the Yato and Hiyori’s moment was animated beautifully. Really, I thought they were gonna kiss and I was like "Now kiss!!" or "OMG Yatori is so canon!!" (and I don't even ship it).

In the end I was very satisfied with this episode, it was great. Now I truly hope for a third season or at least for other OVAs.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 18, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2015
It was great to see another Noragami OVA again. Great OVA. That was really hilarious. It put a smile on my face as well during some moments. The ship is strong in this one as well. S3 when?

Mar 18, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
unlike what some thought, I loved this OVA, and I thought the previous one was shit
Yato fangurling lol
nice to see Hiyori's reactions from the trauma
ep 1 5/10
ep2 8/10

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Mar 18, 2016 7:51 PM
Apr 2015
Ahh, I missed this show already it's only been three months since the last season *sobs*

the fireworks scene was beautiful. The anime original content weren't disappointing as well. Fun with the god squad!
Mar 18, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2015
OMG, that was awesome. Please just give me more. The animation was very good. Now, I've got the motivation to jump on the manga.

5/5
Mar 18, 2016 11:42 PM

Jul 2015
This OVA is pure gold. Yato and the gang having fun at Disney land (literally). Funny how even Yukine went on Yato's groove. The Kazuma x Bishamon moments were cute and Ebisu is so fun as a little kid. Loved it!
Mar 18, 2016 11:46 PM

Nov 2011
Dunno if it's just me but I find the Caypa mascot somewhat creepy. Funny episode overall. Yato was like a little kid at that place LOL. And the teasing picture between him and Hiyori....

I thought Kazuma and Bishamon's date was cute too.

Mar 19, 2016 5:54 AM

Dec 2014
Capypara fascination much... I like Yato... We even had a hiyori and a Yato moment... loved this OVA
Mar 19, 2016 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
The only thing that I didn't like about the second OVA was the fact that they changed the message on the posters from what it originally said in the manga.

That Yatori moment though. Wonderfully animated. I had been waiting to see that in full colour motion.
Mar 19, 2016 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
Beautiful. Just beautiful. I love how Ebisu-chan was such a great help in getting all the couples together. Veena and Kazuma together looked so good, the image of them with Ebisu at the table made for a perfect family portrate. Makes me wonder though, just what is the story between Kofuku and Daikoku? He looked so sad watching the little girl run away from him.

Hopefully Hyori's finally gotten over that kiss from Yato's dad after this trip.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 19, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
Beautiful. Just beautiful. I love how Ebisu-chan was such a great help in getting all the couples together. Veena and Kazuma together looked so good, the image of them with Ebisu at the table made for a perfect family portrate. Makes me wonder though, just what is the story between Kofuku and Daikoku? He looked so sad watching the little girl run away from him.

That's cause the chapter after this one (Chapter 42) explains Daikoku and Kofuku's backstory, which is pretty sad and kid-related. Even when they were introduced in the first season, Yato already mentioned that Daikoku is very fond of kids, which is why he also feels affection towards Yukine.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Mar 19, 2016 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
Uve23 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

That's cause the chapter after this one (Chapter 42) explains Daikoku and Kofuku's backstory, which is pretty sad and kid-related. Even when they were introduced in the first season, Yato already mentioned that Daikoku is very fond of kids, which is why he also feels affection towards Yukine.

Thanks mate, I'll check that chapter out, since I doubt we'll be getting a new season anytime soon.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 19, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2015
I remember reading this in the manga but this was so much better !!! :D
Mar 19, 2016 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
Aw, how cute. You gotta love these kinds of episodes.
Mar 19, 2016 9:01 PM

Dec 2014
Hiyori the impure remembering that kiss with the other dude.... >:D
Mar 20, 2016 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
This was much better than the actual TV series

And that is saying a lot
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 20, 2016 3:59 PM

Mar 2014
It wasn't in the manga but I'm glad they added in some cute stuff with Kazuma and Bishamon. >:)
Mar 21, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2015
The amount of fangirling I did for this was over 9000.
Seriously.
I fangirled so damm hard XD

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Mar 22, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
Funny, cute, highly entertaining, everything you want from an oav, i didn't' like the first one but this one is 9/10 for me
Mar 26, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2011
Damn. The Yato and Hiyori ship is so strong on this one. Can't they just be lovers already? LOL.

Mar 27, 2016 3:17 AM

May 2012
Was so happy when this is finally animated! Yato x Hiyori FTW!!!! Ebisu is sooo cute!!! And Yato being childish as ever but still very funny!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ibraheem234 - Nov 19, 2015

59 by WELLERM »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.