Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol a shellphone.

I'm not sure about Alibaba becoming prime minister. I mean, he can handle the responsibility? Should be interesting to see.
Jan 5, 2016 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
That was unexpectedly quick and simple, lol.

The faces, once again, were simply hilarious. Alibaba's grins all the way through. xD

After all the tension that built up after and during the talk with Sinbad in the previous chapters, I'm surprised this went so smoothly. That calmed me alot.

*wipes sweat off brow*
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 5, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Man, what a funny chapter. Alibaba has truly grown up.

Wonder how he is going to rebuild the Kou empire.
Jan 6, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2010
lol Ka Kobun being pissed he has been lowered to an assistant (going by current translation on tumblr). Glad he is finally getting more panel time I love that son of a bitch one of my fav minor characters.

That phone call though and Sinbad's expressions what a wild ride that was from start to finish for him. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 9, 2016 6:22 AM

Jun 2013
OK...I am wondering where you guys read the translated version...but still Sinbad and those Others faces... Prime Minister Alibaba of Kou? Nice sound it's own way.

Wonder how he will save this Empire.

*EDIT*

Ah. so Alibaba is striking the One thing that Sinbad said to him years earlier..."World where everybody can live equally with Smile in their Face" yep..not this world.

Sound like you want make look like Villain? Erm,..You did this on Purpose, You ARE Villain in this thing. otherwise you are kind of cool, but still, did it on purpose, yes, that is manipulative Villain-ism.

HAHAHA!! ALIBABA!!! YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!! AS IF I WERE YOUR SON!!! XDXDXD

JarjaxleJan 15, 2016 6:37 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 15, 2016 2:54 AM

Oct 2014
I actually laughed three times from this chapter. That's incredibly impressive. Most funny things get no more than an internal "heh that was funny'. Alibaba, gotta say I like your changes.

Though I am wondering what's going on with the very noticeable dip in art quality as of late. Drawings look rougher (not in the raw quality but the drawings themselves), proportions are weirder and things are more crammed on the page and hard to follow. Hope the mangaka is alright :|
Jan 15, 2016 3:26 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
First time I've liked Alibaba. Still not a fan though.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jan 15, 2016 3:32 AM

Mar 2012
Lmao, way to go, Alibaba! XD Was so easygoing all the way why still being able to control the conversation in the way he wanted.

Prime Minister Alibaba to rebuild Kou (never thought that'd even be remotely possible a year ago)!
Jan 15, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2012
This was just hilarious. I get the feeling Magi is gettinng its magic/charm back, well at least for me. It was around Aladdin's history lesson which took for ever that I started loosing intrest. But this right now puts me back at the beginning where Alibaba was still working with the wine merchant. Oh yeah, glad that the merchant was more useful than just a plot device hehe.
Jan 15, 2016 3:53 AM

Dec 2013
I found Alibaba's casual approach hilarious!

Looking forward to more business and economics stuff.
Jan 15, 2016 3:54 AM

Nov 2013
This is why Alibaba is the besr! Really great and fun chapter.
Jan 15, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2009
Alibaba is salaryman now!
Jan 15, 2016 5:28 AM

Aug 2012
Alibaba pretty much wrecked Sinbad.
Jan 15, 2016 7:41 AM

Aug 2010
Respect to Budel and respect to Alibaba understanding the situation and being able to preach to Sin like that. The way he also used the debt to his Father as a bargaining ship was awesome.
Loving Alibaba a lot right now

Sin's wtf face after the phone call was hilarious XD

Poor Kakobun getting demoted like that lol

I wonder how Alibaba's gonna do this and how much we'll get to see of this year of work he puts in?
Jan 15, 2016 9:22 AM

Feb 2012
Well damn, he put Sinbad on a grill just like that, what a cocky kid.
Jan 15, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2013
Loving this arc a lot. There's been almost no action and yet I feel like this is where the true strength of Magi lies as while the story's progressing, it's been hilarious as well. Only thing that's missing for a complete return to the origin is exploring a dungeon again and I feel like even that may happen after Kou's troubles have been solved.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 15, 2016 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Really likable chapter. Now we just needs some Alibaba X kougyoku and it will be perfect. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2015
Necromia said:
Alibaba pretty much wrecked Sinbad.

I have the same thing in mind throughout the whole chapter. #ggsinbadgotrekt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 15, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2015
Not really too sure how Alibaba will save the Kou Empire but I really enjoyed this chapter, and Alibaba has also been pretty great these last few chapters.

Comedy though has surprisingly been pretty well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 15, 2016 2:26 PM

Nov 2012
I don't see how Sinbad got wrecked exactly, it's not like he was trying to destroy Kou and even said he had a plan to make them not go completely terrible. Besides, it's not Sinbad's fault Kou leadership can't do anything aside from killing people via war and enslaving people.

All that happened was Sinbad's generosity and a debt being manipulated making Sinbad be in the bad position of giving Kou more leniency than he can give to other places.
Jaywalker.
Jan 15, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2008
Epicenter said:
I don't see how Sinbad got wrecked exactly, it's not like he was trying to destroy Kou and even said he had a plan to make them not go completely terrible. Besides, it's not Sinbad's fault Kou leadership can't do anything aside from killing people via war and enslaving people.

All that happened was Sinbad's generosity and a debt being manipulated making Sinbad be in the bad position of giving Kou more leniency than he can give to other places.

Generosity. Hahaha bullshit. If he was generous he would have done all this WITHOUT Alibaba's prompting
Jan 15, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Epicenter said:

Generosity. Hahaha bullshit. If he was generous he would have done all this WITHOUT Alibaba's prompting

IDK what you mean, before and within the call Sinbad stated he was going to do something to help them out with their problem of bankruptcy. Then even Alibaba said he doesn't want Sinbad to do everything for them, and Kou needs to rely on its strength. I don't see how Sinbad could of done anything if not helping them makes it somehow his fault and if he helps them it counts as them not being able to rely on themselves. It's not Sinbad's fault Kou was some crazed place where slavery and war was how things were run, and has hereditary rulers rather than those most skilled for the job being in charge.
Jaywalker.
Jan 15, 2016 3:24 PM

Apr 2008
Epicenter said:
Darklight0303 said:

IDK what you mean, before and within the call Sinbad stated he was going to do something to help them out with their problem of bankruptcy. Then even Alibaba said he doesn't want Sinbad to do everything for them, and Kou needs to rely on its strength. I don't see how Sinbad could of done anything if not helping them makes it somehow his fault and if he helps them it counts as them not being able to rely on themselves. It's not Sinbad's fault Kou was some crazed place where slavery and war was how things were run, and has hereditary rulers rather than those most skilled for the job being in charge.

No he just said to let him handle affairs with Kou. He was still going to dissolve them. You're just blindly defending him and ignoring the facts. He had years in which he could have tried to help Kou integrate instead he just sat on his ass as Kou bled people and capital.
Jan 15, 2016 3:38 PM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Epicenter said:

No he just said to let him handle affairs with Kou. He was still going to dissolve them. You're just blindly defending him and ignoring the facts. He had years in which he could have tried to help Kou integrate instead he just sat on his ass as Kou bled people and capital.

We don't know what he was going to do, not that I think dissolving Kou would be that terrible in the first place since they deserve to be dissolved. You say he should of helped them before, but Alibaba complained about how Sinbad shouldn't make them relay on him, which would of happened if he helped them. If anything, one could argue that Sinbad hasn't been as cruel as needed, maybe he should of dissolved Kou years ago, or set up someone actually effective as leader and forget this whole bloodline ruling nonsense, then again I'm sure those of Kou would be all upset about that too. Basically Kou was going to have hard times without war and slavery no matter what Sinbad did, unless he allowed for wars and slavery to continue just to make a backwards place like Kou happy.
Jaywalker.
Jan 15, 2016 4:38 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I can't even start expressing how lovable Alibaba is <3 Whatever else happens in the story, I just had to share my excitement and love at how cute he is <3

I do think Sinbad could have helped them a lot more. He was acting like a bully "I like this thing only and whoever doesn't have one is done for" kind of thing and although that is what a king would do, he was doing all this for peace and peace is not found in lending money in a country you know won't be able to stand on their own feet most probably and just watch the people waste themselves. If he tried to help them flourish and adjust to the new world, it would not be called special treatment, but equal treatment. With uneven backgrounds, equality is not gained by just having the same opportunities as others.

Now if he did that on purpose or just thought things would go better, we'll see but Sinbad was never one to leave things on chance.
Jan 16, 2016 12:14 AM
Jan 2016
This was an entertaining read and I love it because things are going better for my favorite characters. However, that conversation was totally illogical. That was nothing but appeal to pity and emotions. I wonder the same thing as Sinbad did: Why the heck did he give consent?

It's actually strikingly similar to Alibaba's request to Kougyoku during the Balbadd arc where he asked if Kou could just forget about Balbadd's debts. Both Kou back then and Sinbad now have manipulated things to make the situation favorable to themselves. The difference now is instead of Sinbad helping a country in debt, he is now the one giving the burden of debt.

Yes, Sinbad manipulated things and is still manipulating things. He was the one who used the civil war in Kou in order to take control of it. But it's not that I don't like his methods. Sure I felt really annoyed at Sinbad in that civil war since he sided with Hakuryu who was then filled with selfishness and hatred. But I still respect Sinbad because I think that all he did are necessary for the greater good of the world. (At least, I hope his intentions are for the greater good. He is presumably King David, right?)
Jan 16, 2016 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
I'm glad that punk bitch Ka Kobun got demoted.

Really proud of Alibaba right, he really has come a long way.
Jan 16, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
Old man wisdom comes to the rescue!
Jan 16, 2016 11:02 AM

Oct 2014
Alibaba has got some Spice and Wolf level economic skillz.
And lol, Koubun got demoted. I love how nobody likes that dude.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Jan 16, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2014
The comedy was gold in this chapter, and I LOVE shinobu's chibi style art.. it's so hilarious xD

Man, it just hit me that we are probably gonna have to wait for a season 4 to see this animated when season 3 hasn't even been announced..

Jan 16, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2015
Alibaba has become so good at talking.
Jan 16, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Damn the comedy in this chapter was just great XD
Jan 16, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Epicenter said:

Well, like Maffy said, Sin isn't really the type to lean on chance. He follows a certain path that he knows is gonna work.

I mean, it's not all that strange that the Kou Empire, which he had a grudge on for years, is toppling. And it's not like he was just planning on doing nothing - he was going to eventually annex them into the alliance and use Kou's eventual connections with the alliance to help them.

About accepting Alibaba's request so easily:
It's pretty much what happened when he was younger; he'd get his way using a cute-ass method and the adults wouldn't say a thing because they have a soft spot for him.

If we add the fact that Alibaba resembles young Sin, Sin's debt to Kougyouku, his debt to Rashid and his soft spot for Alibaba, accepting the request isn't so far fetched.

Also, if Kou manages to stand on it's own feet again, it means less work for him, so win-win!
Jan 16, 2016 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
kou could just start a security company selling soldiers to guard stuff. Since there so many pirates.
Jan 17, 2016 7:56 PM

Nov 2008
mira-pyon said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well, like Maffy said, Sin isn't really the type to lean on chance. He follows a certain path that he knows is gonna work.

I mean, it's not all that strange that the Kou Empire, which he had a grudge on for years, is toppling. And it's not like he was just planning on doing nothing - he was going to eventually annex them into the alliance and use Kou's eventual connections with the alliance to help them.

About accepting Alibaba's request so easily:
It's pretty much what happened when he was younger; he'd get his way using a cute-ass method and the adults wouldn't say a thing because they have a soft spot for him.

If we add the fact that Alibaba resembles young Sin, Sin's debt to Kougyouku, his debt to Rashid and his soft spot for Alibaba, accepting the request isn't so far fetched.

Also, if Kou manages to stand on it's own feet again, it means less work for him, so win-win!

Basically Sins way is to let the country collapse and simply annex them into his* alliance no matter what words we use .. its HIS alliance .. and I have trouble trusting someone who enjoys Arbas counsel - the real Wrecking will be when Sin is brought down likely by Alibaba and some weird mix of Magis ;p
Jan 18, 2016 3:13 AM

Sep 2014
Damn Sinbad sure got wrecked. Alibaba's gotten pretty awesome
Jan 18, 2016 4:37 AM

Sep 2014
sirwence said:

Basically Sins way is to let the country collapse and simply annex them into his* alliance no matter what words we use .. its HIS alliance .. and I have trouble trusting someone who enjoys Arbas counsel - the real Wrecking will be when Sin is brought down likely by Alibaba and some weird mix of Magis ;p

You have a weird view of Sin. He does not enjoy Arba's counsel. He's using her because he has to. Didn't you see the absolute disgust on his face when he was talking to her? This is the leader or Al Thamen - the person he hates the most.

Also, it's just a theory. We don't knows whether or not he's letting Kou collapse because of his grudge, or because of politics.
Jan 18, 2016 8:36 PM
Jan 2016
ShinLore said:
kou could just start a security company selling soldiers to guard stuff. Since there so many pirates.

I think that's a pretty interesting idea. But I wouldn't know what the advantage would be in working for someone in another country and remitting payments to your motherland OVER just migrating to another country and be an individual bodyguard there.

Plus, who would trust former pirates? I certainly wouldn't

Besides, there might already be a surplus of bodyguards.
Apr 7, 2016 5:58 PM
Oct 2013
I like how Alibaba Grew up so drastically.

Apr 24, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
Holy...
Alibaba...

He's one of my fav char in this manga, but this...
*slow clap*
Feb 12, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2014
interesting chapter. i want to see how alibaba change kou empire!
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Sep 8, 2020 10:41 AM
Mar 2020
What a chapter, has been a while since magi was this genuinly funny. Lots of plot progression as well
Feb 11, 2021 10:52 PM
Apr 2020
Goatbaba really handled that negotiation well, can't wait to see where this goes

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.