Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2017 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And the journey ends....

Final chapter came out this week (Korean version at least) and I will say that I'll really miss this series. All these years of Magi adventures. In the final chapter, we got Morgania in a goregous dress as she, Alibaba, and her friends ends this series in happiness.

Goin to miss Magi ;_;
Oct 5, 2017 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
Soo they moved to black continent, jhin system was abadoned for greater good but magi system had not gone seems, still need to wait for transaltion.
Oct 10, 2017 11:59 AM
Aug 2012
A great manga. Definitely will be one of my favourites
Oct 11, 2017 6:34 AM

Jun 2009
Sad we didn't have some closure for the rest of the characters but Alibaba will always be Alibaba.
Oct 11, 2017 7:51 AM

Sep 2016
what a disappointing manga, everything got ruined after the climax of edgy hakuryuu & judal arc
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 11, 2017 7:53 AM

Sep 2014
Morgiana is love <3
Really sad to see this go even though the last arc felt really rushed..
Hope they'll adapt this into a third season maybe in the future!
Oct 11, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
I really would have liked to see what happened to characters other than Alibaba and Morgiana. But while the ending felt too abrupt, it was still a good ending for a great series.

I haven't read much manga, but I loved Magi. (probably evident from my current avatar and signature)
Oct 11, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2015
But.. but... what happened with Judar?;-;

Oct 11, 2017 10:37 AM

Feb 2014
I feel like this needed like 5 chapters to explain everything that happened in this chapter. They really crammed a lot in there!

But it was still satisfying and it seems like it ended on a good note. They're going to build a new future together and there's hope for the future. Alibaba and Morgiana got married and it seems like all is well.

I would have definitely liked this to be fleshed out though, but I really loved this last arc, I just think they ran out of time. I wish the editors would have allowed a few more chapters, it would have made the difference.

Still, this was a good end to an amazing series. Magi is one of my favorite shounens and imo, is a really great gem in its genre. I hope there's an anime one day that will adapt the rest of it and maybe flesh out the ending a little more.

Still I'm satisfied, I'm gonna miss Magi, it's an awesome series.

Overall 9/10 (could have been a 10 if the ending was a bit more fleshed out)
LoomyTheBrewOct 11, 2017 10:40 AM
Oct 11, 2017 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
GangsterCat said:
what a disappointing manga, everything got ruined after the climax of edgy hakuryuu & judal arc

Cough Negativity aside....

Very well done manga, gonna miss the Trio espcially Alibaba hilarious quirks. Ending was heavilly summed up, last arc could have been better but altogether I enjoyed the adventure!

Hope to see the rest of it animated!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 11, 2017 10:44 AM
Jun 2013
While I will always love the series, the final arc itself definitely wasn't the best one, and this final chapter definitely felt a bit rushed, could have been a bit longer, or maybe spread the content across one or two more chapters to really explain everything that happened. Will still miss all the characters though, and here's to good luck on the author's next series!!
Oct 11, 2017 11:08 AM

May 2015
Although the last part of this arc was kinda rushed, I must confess that I love this final chapter. It's sad that Sinbad is gone :(
Oct 11, 2017 11:26 AM

Feb 2012
Was a good series at the beginning indeed, until the author let herself go with all this extra future/present/past space stuff or whatever happened during the last couple of arcs.

Always kept Magi at a 10 during it was ongoing, and got some pretty good memories of the series, it had some great moments after all, and some awesome ground fights, especially the wars between countries. will end it with a 9.
Oct 11, 2017 11:33 AM

Apr 2015
I'm okay with this kind of ending.

I'm very glad everyone is happy. ~

Morg dress is very pretty. :')

Gonna miss Magi. :(
Oct 11, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2012
Gonna admit, I loved everything but this final arc. It just felt... really weak in comparison to previous arcs. I guess it left a lot to be desired as well. Either way, I still loved the manga and its characters.

Drakon looked god damn handsome, man. A bit sad to see Sinbad up and disappear though, with his friends from his own journey left with a hole in their heart. Looks like they decided to move on though so good on them.

Yep, yep, you looked god damn beautiful Morg... but I still wanna see more of my Kougyoku, especially since it's the final chapter and all T_T Nice to see that they finally held the wedding though, even if it kinda was off-screen.

I have too much I wanna say but I'll just end it there.

Literally me:

Oct 11, 2017 12:28 PM

Oct 2015
What with the rush toward the end :( could had spare a few more chapters tbh to give a closure for the other characters. Well good run regardless.
Oct 11, 2017 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:

Goin to miss Magi ;_;

One of most rushed ending i have seen

well MC will be missed

Oct 11, 2017 1:28 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well.. I guess that's that

Liked the series for the most part but this final arc was just poor all-round. As for the final chapter itself it was... idk, okay I guess? Could've been worse but it still felt anticlimatic

I generally dislike battle shounens a lot but this was one of the few series of its kind that I actually enjoyed reading. A shame it had to end with a whimper but that doesn't seem to be a rarity for long-running series so I guess maybe that was to be expected

I'd still give it an 8/10 overall though for being consistently good for 282 chapters at least
Oct 11, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
Well, that was an abrupt ending. We didn't even get a kiss between Alibaba and Morg!
Oct 11, 2017 2:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
An arc too far in my estimation. Everything after the timeskip was pretty poor IMO. At least Morgiana and Alibaba got together at the end though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2017 3:57 PM

Jan 2015
I didnt read manga in a while but now that its over can someone spoil me what happened to Kougyoku in the end? in the last 20 chapters or so. That might be my only reason to finish Magi >_<
Oct 11, 2017 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
I'm sad that one of my favorite series has ended! I guess I won't be aging with Alibaba anymore lol, I started watching the anime when it came out when I was 17 and it was nice to have a character the same age as me as I got older :')

Like everyone said, this final arc was super rushed, particularly with the climax. I would have liked another mini arc post-time skip just to get a better feel of the new society Alibaba found himself in and to help conclude certain character arcs, or at least more chapters to flesh out the battle and conclusion ;A; With the last few chapters, it felt like there was too much skipping in-between chapters (I had to go back to the chapter before to make sure I didn't miss something). I'm not sure if the author just wanted to be done with the series or if the editors/publishers didn't allow more time, but the story definitely deserved better handling with the final arc. The ending itself was very good and well-fitted, it was just really abrupt. It would be amazing if we could get more anime seasons to expand on this arc though!
Oct 11, 2017 6:11 PM

Oct 2013
Hirugiku said:
I didnt read manga in a while but now that its over can someone spoil me what happened to Kougyoku in the end? in the last 20 chapters or so. That might be my only reason to finish Magi >_<

Not sure how the ending was decided but this is just mediocre. Didn't the editor inform Ohtaka how many chapters she had left to draw? The pacing was horrendous and, overall, the last arc was just a mess. Oh well.

Signature.
Oct 11, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2011
The ending kinda feels rushed. I'm getting the feeling that Magi gets the same treatment as Bleach here...
Oct 11, 2017 10:03 PM

Jan 2014
Although a bid rushed Magi will stay in my heart. I will miss alibaba and the gang
Oct 11, 2017 10:33 PM

Jan 2014
It's kind of sad seeing magi end but it was dragging for me for a damn long time. The story lost its focus somewhere along the way and became too much about Hakuryu and David and Sinbad and destiny and Alma Toran, etc. when I wish it was more about the feuds between nations and adventures of the trio, characters, different metal vessals, wars, etc.

But either way the start of it was really fun. Sad but glad that it ended it was about time tbh.
anonypcOct 11, 2017 10:38 PM
Oct 11, 2017 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
The ending is very open, it's like not a closure at all.

I guess it kinda OK.
Oct 12, 2017 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it wasn't a bad ending.

Wished Aladdin got the chance to talk to his parents though.

Oct 12, 2017 4:01 AM

Nov 2014
need an epilog lol, this ending explain nothing, the story had too much gap

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Oct 12, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2012
RIP AladdinxKougyoku... Aside from that, I'll miss this great Shounen.
Oct 12, 2017 4:42 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty dissatisfying ending. Used to love this manga, it was a 9/10 but it really went down especially in the final arc.
Final rating 7/10
Oct 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Jan 2016
Honestly, I'm gonna pretend that the last Arc didn't happen. I want to be able to give this atleast a 8/10 cause it was amazing. I used to ser this as a One Piece x HxH manga and loved It. It was amazing and delivered up until the late arc which was horrible. Seemed like that the mangaka just abandoned the manga.

So sad to see this amazing and beautiful Manga go out like this. Maybe if it got a Anime adaptation i would like it more. I'm sure of it
Oct 12, 2017 11:14 AM

May 2011
Even though I didn't enjoy reading the final arc,Magi has been one of my favorites series for years now.It was sad to see such a great story being rushed,Magi deserved better.
I definitly wished to know more about the other worlds and if they had their own Magi,King vessels and such.If Magi continued we might have been able to see a war of the worlds type of scenario.Too bad,so sad.

Thank you Magi for being consistently good for 300 chapters,You will be missed. T.T
''I was dead serious''

Oct 12, 2017 12:31 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And the journey ends....

Final chapter came out this week (Korean version at least) and I will say that I'll really miss this series. All these years of Magi adventures. In the final chapter, we got Morgania in a goregous dress as she, Alibaba, and her friends ends this series in happiness.

Goin to miss Magi ;_;

Yeah, no kidding, it was a long journey. Now the author can focus on Magi Sinbad no Bouken; I hope the author can expand more on Sinbad and Serendine. Sinbad and Kougyoku Ren was a ship that permanently sunk. I am going to miss Magi.

The only thing, that has provoked my ire was how the author failed to ship Aladdin with his ideal woman. Come on, author, ship Aladdin with his ideal curvaceous woman, Myers is obviously the best candidate. Or even Mira Dianus Artemina would be just wonderful.

At the least, I am happy that alibaba and morgiana are finally together. Dumb question, did alibaba and morgiana ever kiss? Can't recall.

Now as for Arba, the fact that she stayed alive did shock me. Now, recalling chapter 248......don't tell me that the author plans to ship Arba with Hakuryuu. That kiss, during that battle, made me thought it was some plot device the author was planning to use, but I guess that kiss derived from the author's sense of forbidden romance.

On the side note, it did somewhat disappoint me that all the Power of the Kings (the djinn), and the system of Magi, got destroyed. I am not sure if Aladdin has lost Solomon's Wisdom. The way that occurred was somewhat cliche. However, Magic itself still exists so I guess everything is ok.
Oct 12, 2017 2:56 PM
Jul 2016
Masterpiece 10/10
One of my favorites of all time, goin to miss Magi ;_;

AND IM STILL WAITING FOR MY SEASON 3 xd
Oct 12, 2017 6:52 PM

Sep 2013
that was a long ride and it was good. that wedding doe, so freaking beautiful.
Oct 12, 2017 8:15 PM

Apr 2009
I am happy for Morgiana and Alibaba. I stopped caring everything else a long time ago.
Oct 15, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
It was an awesome manga at the beginning and became a good but not so great manga at the end
Oct 15, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2012
The ending in the sense that like a lot of shounen series the last arc was a bit rushed and crammed a lot in the last chapter and didn’t get a conclusion for many character just the main ones but I would loved to see what happened to other characters as well but aside from that it was great non the less. Now that I have finish reading it I’m on my quest of finding a colored version of the page of Morg in her dress it would be an awesome as a new background to have in my pc.
Oct 15, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
I hope to it gets the third season
Oct 16, 2017 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
This manga went beyond any expectations. Truly a masterpiece!
10/10
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 16, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
GangsterCat said:

totally this

i feel like they terribly neglected judal after he got back to life, like that was supposed to be enough judal content until the end of the story... but it wasn't. tbh i was really excited to see a different judal after the magi system disappeared, like at least a poor fucking change of clothes like any other character. well, it's not like he played such a major role in the story, i just love that idiot too much
aside my judal rant i'll keep this manga close to my heart. it might've had terrible and rushed writing here and there (the ending,god;;) but it's still one of my fave stories as a whole
Oct 16, 2017 6:48 PM

Dec 2015
The end did not like much, but the story in general I liked, I will miss the Magi.
PD: I would have liked to see a little more of Solomon in Alma Toran.
Oct 19, 2017 10:12 AM
Dec 2012
Wtf was that final fight? AWFUL. Should have kept the old world, the timeskip was ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.
This dropped from a HxH-tier contender to Toriko tier like 100 chapters ago, if not more.
Oct 19, 2017 4:20 PM

Jun 2013
Ah...It is now ended....(Blank Face)...I don't know how to react.....T.T I Miss this Already!!!! DX

But Wow...it is right now Magical World.....and Alibaba's and Morgiana's wedding got Canceled huh...Poor Alibaba...

Long Journey...good times, bad times, sad, joy, happiness, sorrow, horror, light and dark...we had everything in this great series...but now it has come time to close this book series...huh....

and Arba is still alive? erm.....quite not sure how I am supposed to react on that....

FinallY THAT WEDDING TOUGH!!!!! WAS WAITING FOR IT!!!! This is now new Time and maybe Happy times...but that is for Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana and co. to do it....we can leave them to their adventures. Going to miss this tough. Solid 9/10 closing on 10/10
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 20, 2017 6:34 PM
Apr 2016
As much as I understand the ending is left open ended and for the reader to decide, it still feels rush. For example, what happened to the people of Alma Torran. Besides Arba and Aladdin's parents. There was still Falan from Sinbad no Bouken who got no mentioned, then there was also Itnan who died pretty early on. Did they reunite with their love ones from inside Ill Ilad. Where did the mother dragon go. So much questions unanswered.
Oct 22, 2017 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
The manga wasn't even that great to begin with, but the last arc was so boring and hard to read and the artwork even went to shit, Alibaba and Morgiana together felt too awkward and rushed, many characters got little to no closure.

The artwork is terrible, just compare it to Shokugeki no Souma or Yakusoku no Neverland lately and it's easy to see how bad the artwork fell off. There's many Shounen better than this.

I give this arc a 2/10 and the manga as a whole a 5/10, because it was still a pretty fun read a couple years ago, however I am glad it's finally over and I resisted adding this to my dropped list along with Naruto and Bleach.
Oct 23, 2017 7:01 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Wtf is this bullshit ending
And I'm pissed that Judar never got an outfit change once (why Ohtaka)
LeonhartAugustOct 19, 2018 1:27 PM
Oct 25, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2009
Dayum, morgiana in dress is cute af, kinda pleasant looks considering we used to see the tomboy and strong side of her

RIP my fav grill kougyouku ship with neither aladdin nor alibaba, sigh

Story wise is already meh and feel rushed since last arc started like how typical shounen mangas ending but still ok-ish, overall magi was still a long pleasant journey. Good story (except last arc),good character dev, good fight scene. Gotta say im enjoy it much
Oct 27, 2017 2:26 AM

Dec 2015
Ah it's been awhile since I last checked upon this manga.

Though I got to agree that the last few chapters especially 368 & 369 were a bit rushed however I still like how the story ended.
I just wish they could've expanded the closure a bit further, and extended a few chapters for "the building of the new world".

Overall not bad at all! I will surely miss magi and the wonderful characters!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 3 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

13 by AnklesAAA »»
Jan 5, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.