Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 21, 2015 7:56 AM

May 2013
Admirath just got rekt by Maria (and Kurumi, who happens to be Maria's toy, lol).
Oh damn, Lars just showed off in front of his girl.

Basara seems to be a mix of everything powerful.
I feel that Liala would defeat Jin. She's that strong I believe.
Damn it, Basara! Use your afterimages to please everyone!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 31, 2015 11:53 PM

Jul 2010
Did Kurumi ever form a pact with Basara? I don't remember that she did.
Jan 2, 2016 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
Omnime said:

She didn't because the Elders didn't gave Kurumi the same permission like Yuki to stay with Basara. Kurumi was giving orders to investigate the incident around Basara and see what's up before she had to return to the Hero's Village. Kurumi can't form a master-servant pact with Basara because she has to return to the village once the Elders calls her back to return, which is absolute and she can't refuse. If Kurumi made a pact with Basara and return to the village then the Elders will notice demon magic on Kurumi's skin and it will cause some serious issues with Kurumi, Yuki, and the rest of the Nonoka family.
Jan 3, 2016 12:13 AM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
IheartC2 said:
still better then highschool dxd

I hope you're trolling, if not, pls seek help
Jan 3, 2016 2:14 AM

Mar 2008
07/10 not bad anime serie!

season 3 may be
Jan 10, 2016 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
Team-up Basara, Mio, Leohard & Ramsus is very powerful indeed!
Ramsus gravity power is stronger than Geryuganshoop!
Older sister of Leoheart is also not to be taken easily!
Here we go again with Basara's Pleasure time with Mio, Yuki, Maria, Kurumi & even Zest!
4/5.
7/10.

Apr 12, 2016 3:54 AM

May 2014
Why cant they just let Basara and Mio do it alreday?!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 12, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2012
Just finished this after putting it on hold for 4 months....
Honestly this is worse than S1 in every possible way except for art.
S1's characters were shallow , but they at least had a little bit of character....
S2 had nothing of the sort , it felt like I was watching a pop-up story book slideshow with mouths moving and sound coming out.
It didn't feel like any characters actions made sense throughout the entire series.
Characters acted hilariously when trying to be serious , and the comedy moments just weren't very good.
The only good thing was the art and sometimes the animation.
The animation for the fight scenes was much better , however the sheer amount of animation fails left me scratching my head.
The story was garbage and wasn't engaging at all.

Overall 2 or 3 / 10 for me.
I'll probably vote within a few hours just to give myself time to rationalize my vote more, however I really disliked this.
May 7, 2016 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. If they focused more on the plot and character development instead of fanservice(not that I am complaining) the show would've been way more interesting. Overall 6/10
May 8, 2016 6:45 PM

Feb 2014
Ok... I really liked the first season, and, aside the fanservices scenes, this season really dissapointed me in a global way.

5/10

Now going to the OVA... being an OVA, I expect a hot ecchi/fanservice as the first OVA was.

PS: I was dying to see a decent screen time of sensei in this season but they gave me just 2 episodes of her then suddenly a farewell and untill nevermore sensei...? c'mon... =/

TechOtakuMay 8, 2016 6:53 PM
May 17, 2016 3:32 AM

Jul 2014
Gonzo-lewd said:
IheartC2 said:
still better then highschool dxd

I hope you're trolling, if not, pls seek help

I guess I need help too because I believe it's above High School DXD Born.

But enough about that: Maria beating the ever living shit out of that guy was cool (did she hit him with her butt? That was strange but cool), doesn't matter what you are, incest seems to be a okay(shrugs shoulders)for whatever reason I guess.

Lewd scene: check. Cute picture at the end and I'm guessing there's more to come right?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 20, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
I wonder if Basara's balls are now bluer than Kurumi's hair. All he does is suck those girls' tits or kiss them. Just do them already man. Also, Hasegawa-sensei should really be there with them. Best grill.

I don't even care about the plot/10
May 22, 2016 8:18 AM
Jul 2008
quite rushed at the end. after a bit searching, I found out they skipped the 6th volume and went straight to 7th volume.
I enjoyed more when Jin is in action, I hope more of his action if there's more season.

and I found Maria's collection on the site lol
http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/maria_room

Omnime said:

She didn't because the Elders didn't gave Kurumi the same permission like Yuki to stay with Basara. Kurumi was giving orders to investigate the incident around Basara and see what's up before she had to return to the Hero's Village. Kurumi can't form a master-servant pact with Basara because she has to return to the village once the Elders calls her back to return, which is absolute and she can't refuse. If Kurumi made a pact with Basara and return to the village then the Elders will notice demon magic on Kurumi's skin and it will cause some serious issues with Kurumi, Yuki, and the rest of the Nonoka family.

I understand Kurumi's reason but I don't understand why Maria wouldn't.. is it because she won't be able to record while on punishment session? lol
May 25, 2016 9:24 PM

Mar 2015
This anime was really lame. I'll admit I was in it for the ecchi but that was disappointing as well.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 30, 2016 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
Maria rekt his ass. lol

Hmm...Heroic spirit gets sucked into black hole. Deja vu?

Elder sister can get it.

Gotta end it with an orgy. :)

CHISATO!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Apr 2012
still got no idea wats the deal with the kid his father rescued/kidnapped from the castle in ep1
Jun 3, 2016 12:59 PM
Sep 2011
I loved it. Will there be more seasons?
Aug 11, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2014
Basara is the best harem lead I've seen yet. He's not terrified of sex like Rito of To Love-Ru, and he's not annoyingly obsessed with it either like Issei of High School DxD. He's just a really cool and bad ass character; it makes sense for girls to like him.

Testament Burst wasn't deep by any means, but, unlike most ecchi, it had just enough development to elicit some empathy for the story and characters. I got a little impatient during some of the fights, but overall I was very engaged.

The fanservice was diverse and unrestrained. It wasn't just scene after scene of girls with big bouncing boobs. There were different body types, personalities, and camera angles, and it didn't shy away from simpler forms of intimacy like kissing and hugging.

Fun show.

Episode: 5/5
Series: 7/10
Aug 21, 2016 8:39 AM

Aug 2014
So it is hard decision.

After watching this last episode and reading my earlier posts about each episode I think i can give it 10.
The art is better than first season.
The ecchi parts were not so good as first season, but at least they were different each time.

In this last episodes I like Maria kicking and punching this guy (we saw this from his perspective).

I do wonder why Lars got 2 different faces... one looks like human the other one like half elf half vampire. Good that they explained how Basara was saved.

It also surprised me that Basara could control his stronger boss mode after using it only second time. :| Maybe that was too fast powerup, but then again with using the pills had to have a big negative impact on his body.

About Openings I didn't like the last version, it was fitting for last episode, but I didn't like it :|

We got some prelude for third season: Maou onee-chan Riara and Basara+Mio dreams (it seems they are connected somehow).
I think next season will have something to do with gods heaven or any other world and not demon world again.

and why only 10 episodes?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 21, 2016 7:34 PM
Dec 2014
I'm thinking that Basara did have sex with them everytime he mentioned by relieving them, its just that in a tv show they cant show that stuff.

Might be wrong though, if so does he even have intercourse in the source material?

Also lot of unaswered question left behind like every anime out there, basically saying go read the novels/manga.
Aug 29, 2016 9:05 PM

Mar 2015
Overall okay series of 6/10. Season 1 was much better because the script writer is different.

Basara 2nd form is much better imo.

3.5/5
Sep 21, 2016 9:42 AM
May 2013
The story sucked , the fanservice looked like a demo and was a huge tease .
Oct 8, 2016 12:19 AM

Aug 2008
overall, this series was a meh.
i appreciate how borderline hentai it went, with the MC actually almost sticking in dat puss, but the storyline is so off-putting that whenever the series isn't doing ecchi scenes and tries to reel you back with the plot it just makes you dissappointed.

specifically, that "politics" plotline. so basara goes to kill belphegor to dwindle the council's power, but yet battles leohart in order to have the council to reveal their trump card so he could beat the trump card and then kill the council. that was a humongous round-about way of eliminating corruption (was that his plan all along, or was it orchestrated by jin). furthermore, why didn't leo's older sister kill them way before - considering how leo & his crew knew that they were pawns of the council from the get-go.

random side note: leo came off as the weakest link when they were fighting the king of heroic spirits - i expected a little bit more badass-ery from a current demon lord.

finally, who was the demon jin saved & wtf happened to Balflear? balflear forfeited his match to unveil the plot of the council and we don't even know what happens to him - what was the point.

And that's the biggest score dropper for me regarding this anime. Good on them for going hardcore for the ecchi, but whenever the plotline comes in I ask myself, "what was the point of that"
OniikamiOct 8, 2016 12:26 AM
Oct 23, 2016 9:18 PM

Sep 2014
*Scratches his head* I coulda sworn I made a post in this thread...

Ehhh, I ended up giving this a 6/10. The ecchi scenes got predictable, and I'm liking Mio less and less as the series goes on. I really hate overly possessive, jealous characters, especially in a harem series. And on that note, I really hope this is going to actually BE a harem. Maria is just so awesome, and I really like Yuki, Kurumi, and Zest. It'll be a freaking crime if this ends up just Basara x Mio. Ugh....
Dec 21, 2016 7:15 AM

Apr 2009
Sonicfanx1 said:
Zarkraz said:
Who fights a war for the demon world with a fucking tournament. This is when I knew it'd end like shit, it was fine before that.

Who gains power from fulfilling sexual desires?

Suspension of disbelief. Virtually all anime live off this.

Who relieves someone without having any penetration?

This and Rakudai are both meh. 4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2017 1:25 AM

Dec 2013
ezaya said:
Who relieves someone without having any penetration?

I hope this is not considered a spoiler, but from what I've read from other peoples' posts online, apparently the light novel actually does involve penetration(?), or at the very least sexual acts (blowjobs, titfucking, etc). If the anime actually did involve these scenes, it'll be, well, hentai obviously. I figure it'd put off some people from watching it completely had it been a "Hentai" tag, but they certainly did push the envelope lol. Anyhow, I stopped looking into it further as I didn't want to spoil anything content-wise.

Casyle said:
It'll be a freaking crime if this ends up just Basara x Mio. Ugh....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that shares this sentiment. IMO, there was too much Mio in the series as she got the most screentime with Basara. Granted, she IS the main heroine of the story, and will most likely end up with Basara >.> Oh well, it kinda sucks if that's the case as every girl was actually likeable in the series, something very rare in harems.
Jun 4, 2017 3:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I enjoyed it quite enough, I would say the fanservice was overall great here, the plot had some potential, lacks impact, but outside that, anyone that has seen season 1 should know what to expect, and i wanted more of it, so it wasnt a disappointment.
Again I have to say, I feel pity for anyone that seen the broadcast censored release, these were some of the best ecchi scenes I have ever seen, Maria x Kurumi had some really hot stuff there, loved the harem, besides Mio is getting soo soo bold~~
Cute ending.

7.7/10
Nov 16, 2017 2:46 AM

Sep 2012
CrotakuShinobi said:
Why cant they just let Basara and Mio do it alreday?!

he has done them all already do u think he can do all that without involving hes Dick? he would not be able to hold it in so u can be sure that awry time at least one girls gets hes D but if hes sex best then all girls get it awry time no way in hell he has done it with them gone all the way

also in path/shower before tournament they did cause part of them thought either of them may die so they went all the way it was pretty obvious
Sugram22May 2, 2021 9:47 AM
Nov 25, 2017 10:47 AM

Feb 2013
No consequences to overpowering this time.

Kurumi = toy (lol Maria)

5/10 (average) The action is "ok" and the lewd scenes are more funny than anything (a good thing)
Best girls: Kurumi & Yuki
Jan 2, 2018 11:30 PM

Aug 2014
As expected from Studio not enough budget with shittons of harem anime.
Nothing to see here move on, 2 season of watching literally no Memorable characters cliche fight, bad narrative, bad pacing, and more issues I guess.
Despite being Bold with softcore hentai there's nothing more than weird fetish play.

DxD is far superior.
Jan 21, 2018 11:12 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty much the same as season 1, maybe slightly better. Looking forward to the OVA now. 5/10
Apr 20, 2018 5:04 AM
Feb 2018
Wow what an amazing end.

This season of SMT is waaay better than DXD.

But since DXD is more popular and more people often relate to Issei's perverterdness and cowardice, its obvious that more people prefer DXD over this.

Overall this is a good anime and I hope there will be a season 3.
Nov 14, 2018 2:00 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
WOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THIS SEASON EVEN MORE !!!!!!!!! <33333333333333
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 8, 2019 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
Season 1 was pretty mediocre and was only saved by Maria, this one was certainly better in almost every way, characters, action, plot and "plot".

Maria still best girl, altho Mio grew on me after these last three episodes.
Aug 5, 2020 4:10 PM

May 2012
Got to say this second season sure was a step up from the first and while still harem and ecchi focused it now also had a more action in it which made it pretty lovely to watch!

All in all a nice second season if you ask me.
Jan 2, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2020
I really hope they make a season 3, since the IMS went bankrupt. It would suck if it never got picked up again.
Mar 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
The action in the past couple of episodes was pretty stellar. I just wish the pacing & plot could have matched it. Even though this is ecchi first & foremost, Testament set the bar high when it combined godly perversion with solid battles & a pretty badass MC. Burst felt like a demotion in regards to the latter, though it certainly stepped up its game to absurd heights on the former. All in all, I still liked this season but think the prequel had the better overall balance in what makes this a complete package for me.

7/10
Aug 21, 2022 6:44 AM

Jul 2019
The fight against Chaos felt a little anticlimactic but I don't really mind. The important thing is that the hot stepsister killed the council.

Smiling Zest is perfection!

8/10
Feb 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, animation went up a notch during that Maria rampage. She's so sexy!
10:51 I'm assuming Basara has both Demon and God powers.
12:44 So cute and yet so scary at the same time. I'd be turned into atoms if I made lustful attempts at her. hehe
21:30 Thank you, show, for catering to my fetish. I wish I were the one licking Mio's sweaty and delicious armpit! I'm so hard right now just thinking about it. I can't get enough of Mio; she's so hot!
23:20 That's the way to handle the harem! hehe
Overall, it's a very nice season. 8/10
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

81 by Lmonman »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

70 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 7, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.