Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2015 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of a predictable episode imo with the direction of this episode.

I feel really bad for what's happening to Felia :(
The mecha action was the usual stuff which is surprisingly good. I also feel like her connections with that mecha takes a more deeper turn.
Stark700Dec 6, 2015 6:22 AM
Dec 6, 2015 6:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
We got Felia blushing for most of the episode, lol. The action in the second half were probably the series's best. Do Mon's dead huh :(. Pretty generic episode though.

3/5
Dec 6, 2015 6:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
They brushed over Do Mon's death very quick, that was bad.

Can they have at least one episode without stupid faults that ruin it? Until the last 2-3 mins, it was very good.
Dec 6, 2015 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Do Mon was still too good for this show. :( Everything that happened to Felia in the second half felt easily preventable, but wasn't only because the plot demanded it happen. It was extremely random, dumb, yet also cliche, and just plain bad. Sogo was useless, but at least someone slapped him. Lowering my score on this. If the ending isn't the cliche as hell Felia leaves for some reason ending I might raise it again.
Dec 6, 2015 6:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not gonna bother mentioning the romance stuff because I already stated my opinion on the matter weeks ago and it looks like they're actually going to push that billshit

Action scenes were good and the rest of the second half was pretty sad but I just couldn't get into it because of the bullshit I mentioned above being the main driving force behind it

Sucks that Do Mon is actually dead though :(
Dec 6, 2015 7:21 AM

Apr 2008
Holy crap am so happy there is only 2 episodes left of this friend zoned train wreck of a show. Even calling it a train wreck is too generous. Honestly I thought it would turn out better, especially as the show seemed to resemble, at least a bit, Eureka 7. But holy crap, 0 character development, 0 plot development and a million of cliches.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Dec 6, 2015 7:31 AM

Jul 2015
The first half was so nice and sweet, Felia realized that she's in love with Sogo. Roman's confession to Kaon... Dam feels... And Do Mon is dead... I still can't believe they killed Do Mon... THIS IS BULLSHIT. Oh and awesome mecha fight once again ^^
Dec 6, 2015 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
I don't understand your complaining.
It was pretty good, but probably we will get a happy ending.
Nice episode, well done CG (that action scenes looked awesome, I don't know how high is their budget for this anime, but this is definitely the best done CG which I've ever seen in anime, it practically looks like normal animation).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 6, 2015 7:44 AM

Jul 2010
The altar visit was really short, made it lack importance of whatever.

Kind of wish that Felia stayed young so that she wasn't in the age gap to fall in love romantically with Sougo. What is so wrong with familial compassionate love?

Black Moura suddenly appearing to become the main antagonist, a somewhat random old man too is just quite underwhelming.

The pathway heading to the altar looked nice enough though.
Dec 6, 2015 7:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FatefulLove said:

Kind of wish that Felia stayed young so that she wasn't in the age gap to fall in love romantically with Sougo. What is so wrong with familial compassionate love?

Black Moura suddenly appearing to become the main antagonist, a somewhat random old man too is just quite underwhelming.

Exactly my point....They spent half of the series pushing and developing that even, mind you that Felia's true form is that kid version and the on my reason why she's their age now is because her power went out of wack and amplified Which resulted in her aging a lot

This would have been so much better and would have made a lot more sense of they kept the familial concept
Dec 6, 2015 9:09 AM

May 2015
Time to force a developmentless romance because the story says so. What's so wrong with keeping Felia as the little sister-type character? Apparently everything, to the director. Also, let's make the girl who has chemistry with the MC fall in love with the borderline stalker guy who she dislikes! Quality writing!
Dec 6, 2015 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
The romance sequence was so cringeworthy >.<

At least we got some amazing CGI and OST.
Dec 6, 2015 9:15 AM
Jan 2015
About things that really matter, I think the old guy created this Moura clone and infused it with the personality he thought a guardian would have, since it acts nothing like Moura.
Dec 6, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Seems like the writers just pulled loads of stuff out of their asses and lobbed it onto a storyboard this week. Also, why is this series yet another that believes that slapping people can get them out of depression and motivate them? That stupid kind of crap always irritates me no end.
Dec 6, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
The ending was hard to watch. Pretty much everyone acting like children. It was annoying.

Sucks Do Mon is actually dead though.

Lack of explanation for anything that happened this time around. But it was nice that the preview does show a glimpse of what Moura actually looks like in the flesh. But it sucks that they don't explain how Moura can change forms like that. (Like going from the caterpillar-like form to the human-like form. I'm pretty sure all guardians have that ability, but what conditions have to be met? Can the angels become mechas and stones too? At least that's going to be explained next week.)
Dec 6, 2015 10:01 AM

Aug 2015
Don't like the fact felia is in love with sogo now. The action in the second half of the episode was nice.
Dec 6, 2015 10:21 AM

Sep 2010
FatefulLove said:

I completely agree! In addition, may Do Mon rest in peace.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 6, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
The art of the places looked great and that sky battle was SICK :O
Black Moura is a BEAST, and that OST XD epic.

Sougo pity party was cutoff fast , that's good.
Dec 6, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
Felia started blushing and when Kaon just smiled and accepted it.... I cringed. Besides that, all I felt was frustration at the fact that Do Mon's death wasn't made a big deal (like it should have been)
ReguIusDec 6, 2015 11:38 AM
Dec 6, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
Seen this kind of development before, no surprise here lol.
Right after that Sogo fall into despair lol
Oh well, it's getting more darker so I'm okay with this.
Dec 6, 2015 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for Felia!

That Black Moura is so badass!
Dec 6, 2015 11:56 AM

May 2014
They got over Do Mon's death really quick, which is what I dislike the most.
Also, random old man appears, and it doesn't make sense to me.

I don't have anything against that romantic (yet friendzoned) plot. It's the same as the inmense majority of animes romantic stuff.

Dec 6, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode, wonderful animation and the OST was epic. It is a bit predictable and you can see where the story is heading. For all it fault comet Lucifer delivers when it comes to action scenes. Would be nice to know what's going on at times though.
Dec 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
Black Moura is so cool
Dec 6, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
Okay, who is the fallen angel? Felia or That black mecha? I kinda know what is the meaning of the title.
Fine episode overall.
Dec 6, 2015 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
Mhh well that was a bit cliche.. i even knew what Felia would say before she said it. Quite sad to see Do mon actually die.. i was hoping he would have been saved.
Dec 6, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
Cringed at all the "romance" crap in this episode.
Only thing I liked was seeing Sogo get slapped, now that was nice.
Dec 6, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
That was so fucking cliché. I still hate how they aged Felia up just to make her a love interest but even despite that, this ep was so predictable I coulda wrote it in my sleep.
Dec 6, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2014
Lol the dark-mecha stuff is just too cliche to be taken serius to me, and the romance is forced as always.

If they weren't to mention that stuff at the end i wouln't remember that do mom was death, that was just too bad paced.
Dec 6, 2015 5:21 PM

May 2015
They brushed over Do Mon's death that fast. So disappointing. And now Felia's starting to know her feelings, heh.

Dec 6, 2015 5:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Another waste of an episode :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 6, 2015 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
RIP Do Mon T___T
Dec 6, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2009
mrcmc888 said:
Time to force a developmentless romance because the story says so. What's so wrong with keeping Felia as the little sister-type character? Apparently everything, to the director. Also, let's make the girl who has chemistry with the MC fall in love with the borderline stalker guy who she dislikes! Quality writing!

Kaon has like none of romantic chemistry with him, stop selfinserting into your imaginary version of Sougo.
Dec 6, 2015 7:36 PM

Mar 2008
Next episode Moura in human shape. HYPE :3
Dec 6, 2015 8:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
mrcmc888 said:

Kaon has like none of romantic chemistry with him, stop selfinserting into your imaginary version of Sougo.
Clearly you are watching a different series
Dec 6, 2015 10:00 PM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
FatefulLove said:

Exactly my point....They spent half of the series pushing and developing that even, mind you that Felia's true form is that kid version and the on my reason why she's their age now is because her power went out of wack and amplified Which resulted in her aging a lot

This would have been so much better and would have made a lot more sense of they kept the familial concept

Even then, it would still suck. Let's be honest here.
Dec 6, 2015 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, the amount of bitching is so fucking high this week.

My only complaint is that Sougo had like no time to let Do Mon's death sink in. He didn't get to mope or let any kind of real emotion out. He got a little self guilt going then everyone got pissed at him. Like, c'mon, let him have his moment.

After last week, I thought about it for a bit and was like "Y'know, after he dealt with Vee she was an emotional wreck who wouldn't even leave her house. Maybe she'll feel guilty and somehow end up saving him".
- Well I was part right. She got out of the house...Do Mon was still dead.

Idk why everyone is getting so worked up over Sougo x Felia. There's no way I see an ending where Felia ends up staying with them happily ever after. I'm dead set on believing that she is going to lose her physical body and merge with Gift again. Even if she loves Sougo and ends up confessing, I don't think it will amount to anything.

Plus, even though Roman told Kaon he'd call off the engagement and then try to woo her again, she was more or less blushing from embarrassment. She has already adamantly shown no interest in Roman, and even this episode kind of indirectly declared her feelings for Sougo, which we already know she has.

There's a good chance that Sougo x Felia will last a minute before Felia is gone, and then it'll leave Sougo x Kaon, or just reset everything in a way where they're all friends with nothing else there. Something similar to

That aside, it'd be great if we can stop focusing on stupid ass ship wars and, maybe, focus on fucking evil dark Moura mech that swooped in and stole Felia. That shit was weird considering that Moura should be the only guardian. And it seemed like old man unibrow guy knew this was going to happen the entire time.

On that note, cant wait to see Moura human form next week!
Dec 7, 2015 2:17 AM
Oct 2013
I was still okay with this show going into the episode because even though alot of dumb stuff has been said and done there was still hope but after killing do mon off like that and pushing these bullshit pairings this far i changed my mind
Dec 7, 2015 5:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Tokoya said:

I disagree, because they were actually handling it pretty well and was the point behind all of those "filler-ish" episodes that a lot of people hated

It's only now that they tossed it aside for this forced and just retarded romance between him and Felia that makes it seen as if the family thing would have sucked

Heck Do Mon was the only character that kept it somewhat alive until it became "omg Felia has boobs now, let's ignore the fact that she's a child and was already somewhat developed as being a daughter figure to both Kaon and Sogo and have she and Sogo fall in love because tits"
Dec 7, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
The OST was awesome this episode
Dec 7, 2015 7:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
- The romance was meh. Why did they try so hard to put romance in this for fuck sake. It could have been way better if they just kept her as a kid for Sogo and Kaon but nooooooooo instead we have some cringeworthy romance scene between 2 people that shouldnt be a couple.
- We finally are at the altar but it was for ... 1 or 2 min max ? fuckin really ? WE WASTED HALF OF THE SERIE TO FIND DAT FUCKIN ALTAR FOR 2 MINUTE MAX OF THE ALTAR.
- I thought it would be sadder than this when sougo heard about do mon dead.
He kinda stopped being sad really fast after that speech. I don't mean they should cry the entire episode but ... idk. It was really underwhelming.
- Overall : WTF IS HAPPENING
Man, this anime is just deception after deception.
DatRandomDudeDec 7, 2015 7:31 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2009
Meh. The show is back to being terrible. Too bad.
Dec 8, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Do Mon is dead :/ But the girl that said that he was dead,wasn't she spying on Moura,Felia etc?I think we've seen that in episode 8.
As i knew,Kaon loves Sougo.
Roman is actually a cool guy xD

Tokoya said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

I disagree, because they were actually handling it pretty well and was the point behind all of those "filler-ish" episodes that a lot of people hated

It's only now that they tossed it aside for this forced and just retarded romance between him and Felia that makes it seen as if the family thing would have sucked

Heck Do Mon was the only character that kept it somewhat alive until it became "omg Felia has boobs now, let's ignore the fact that she's a child and was already somewhat developed as being a daughter figure to both Kaon and Sogo and have she and Sogo fall in love because tits"

True,it would be better if it stayed as it was before,hope you're right and she will be a kid again when she will get her powers back.

Jonesy974 said:
Wow, the amount of bitching is so fucking high this week.

There's a good chance that Sougo x Felia will last a minute before Felia is gone, and then it'll leave Sougo x Kaon, or just reset everything in a way where they're all friends with nothing else there.

On that note, cant wait to see Moura human form next week!

Hope it will be like you said.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 8, 2015 10:25 PM

Jan 2014
Whoever did the CG sequences should be hired by someone else because, clearly, their talents are being wasted here.

Half an episode is not enough to establish a romantic relationship without it looking forced or rushed (which it was). The entire temple ordeal was way too fast and the side-characters are as useless as ever.

And Gus is STILL ALIVE. WOW. You'd think he'd get some sort of burn from that explosion last episode but NOOOOO.

I can't wait for this to end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2015 1:49 AM

Jun 2013
Do Mon's death seemed sort of underplayed, I don't care that the bad guy was depressed over it. He wanted to kill Do Mon before now he's all depressed that he's dead? Fuck you.

The love triangle between Sougo, Kaon and Felia was the lowest, cheapest, cringe-worthiest and shittiest thing this stupid show has ever pulled. FUCK YOUR ANIME TROPES. I don't want a fucking romance between them at all.

Also, don't you fucking dare kill Roman. You already murdered Do Mon. But please go ahead and kill Sougo, that fucking pussy doesn't deserve to live. He's annoying me more than Shoutaro from Sakurako-san.
BibimbapskiDec 9, 2015 1:52 AM
臭い-
Dec 9, 2015 5:14 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wow that mecha battle was decent, well done.

This reminds me to Suisei no Gargantia for a bit.

Roman suddenly became cooler than before, quite a man

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 9, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 2014
hey2 come on...d.mon die. it should be more shocking moment right? cry like baby or something...dissapointed to see this
Dec 9, 2015 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
Felia realizes her feelings, Kaon knows this, Roman confesses to Kaon, and well she somehow confesses at the end too ... and man, everyone's reactions in this episode are so weird. Sogo gets all "depressed" at Do Mon's death for what, 30 seconds? Then he's all pumped up and ready to go save Felia. Not to mention Gus too ... this show makes me want to facepalm so hard >_<
So clearly that old guy has something to do with the "black Moura" ... and then Sogo goes after it for NO REASON. Like, literally none at all because it DIDN'T DO ANYTHING???? OK, and so then Felia agrees to go with him so that he won't kill Sogo ... and so he OPENS UP HIS MECHA SO SOGO CAN SEE HER???? WTF ... and then she says something quietly and Sogo HEARS HER???? Unless those mechas have some great hearing or something ... and speaking of which, since when did Sogo PILOT Moura? He never did! So what the heck is he doing in there, it doesn't look like he's doing anything at all except for, well, talking!
Sigh ... and are we getting a new character next episode? Really? Well ... I mean at this point, I guess they can do whatever the heck they want since it's not like anything else they were doing made sense so ... >_<
Dec 10, 2015 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
*gonna tell something important*
*gets interrupted*
"I'll tell you later"

That, my fellow MAL users, is what is known as an obvious 'something bad is gonna happen isn't it?' flag.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Dec 10, 2015 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
It looks like the writers are going to try to force a Sogo and Felia pairing when all is said and done. Between a scene that takes place between these two, as well as a scene between Kaon and Roman, it really appears the writers are wanting to go that direction. Personally, I think that pairing feels forced.

The good news is that the group reaches the altar in the episode. The bad news... well, I don't want to spoil anything. But let's just say that going to the altar may not have necessarily been a good thing...

So there's only two episodes remaining for Comet Lucifer. At this point, I still think this is a mediocre anime. The story took too long to get going, there's not a lot of clarity as to what the antagonists are trying to achieve, and character development came too late in the series. At this point, I'm afraid that the final two episodes are going to end up rushing through the rest of the story.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

160 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Mar 28, 2022 7:24 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

152 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:15 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

161 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:04 AM

» Why all this hate? ( 1 2 )

Franchowo - Nov 8, 2015

62 by Aplope »»
Feb 26, 2019 9:58 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2015

61 by haydnwright »»
Dec 1, 2017 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.