Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2015 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode went heavy with the action...

Ayato can actually work quite well with Julis when the time calls for it. He risks his life apparently with the girl in his arm while in the sky. Hell, this episode actually shows that he cares quite a bit about her. Episode is very predictable though...but whatever.

They seem to have gotten closer though after that.
What a Claudia at the end~
Oct 24, 2015 6:33 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ayato just collecting his waifu, lol! For half of the episode he was carrying Julis, even in the sky! Episode was filled with cliches though...

4/5
Oct 24, 2015 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
Julis and Ayato work pretty well together. Not bad for an action outing, the fire wings were cool. Seems like we got some plotting goin' on behind the scenes....
Oct 24, 2015 6:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really action packed episode, I loved it

Individually, Julis and Ayato are absolute BEASTS but together, they're on a whole other level...That teamwork at the end was too great and I love how they got closer and are now a team :)

I'm really interested as to why his sister binded his power though and holy fuck that ending with Claudia and those mysterious ladies O_O I need to know more pls!!!!!!
TokoyaOct 24, 2015 7:02 AM
Oct 24, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2015
I ship Ayato x Julis.
Great episode and damn, Claudia is so scary.
Lol, there are a lot of 4 out of 5
Oct 24, 2015 6:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Welcome to Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, where overpowered protagonists use lightsabers to slice through copious amounts of low level droids commanded by a weak, generic villain.

Except it’s even worse
Oct 24, 2015 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Welcome to Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, where overpowered protagonists use lightsabers to slice through copious amounts of low level droids commanded by a weak, generic villain.

Except it’s even worse

I had Star Wars vibes too!
XenocrisiOct 24, 2015 7:31 AM
Oct 24, 2015 6:52 AM

Feb 2014
lmao the sfx of the weapons be sounding like star wars

pre generic ep but the action was decent
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 24, 2015 6:57 AM

Sep 2013
Ayato x Julis OTP
Oct 24, 2015 6:57 AM

Dec 2011
Really love the weapons that they use... beam saber like.

Joining the ship of Julis and Ayato.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2015 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
Lots of action in this episode and let the ship set sail. Ayato x Julis!
Oct 24, 2015 7:13 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
And here comes the hero to the rescue! xP But I sure love how Ayato was carrying Julis for half of the entire episode during his battle. xD I love that romantic scene between these two under the moonlight. Totally shipping them both! :)
Oct 24, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2015
How´d the studio not get a lawsuit from disney for using the lightsaber sound for their swords? It sounds like exactly the same to me
Also i like to see that Lester aka McFail is not a bad person... he´s just a d*ck sometimes.
These puppets are already OP when there are only 3 of them but 128? That´s an army if i´ve ever seen one! But like many villains this one on his own is just as threatening as a three-legged rabbit so I hope we get a better main villain soon.
Then we get to see Julis almost defeated but worry not, Ayato is here to save the day!
In the most anticlimactic fight possible he swoops in and wins by appearently killing 3 of the robots. I wanted to see more of the action and get the cutest AyatoxJulis scene after the fight

...How can they just stand there and talk for 2 minutes and talk whilst there are about 100 of the robots left? Are the robots like "Hey brahs lets wait a sec before attacking again they´re having am moment there"?
Then we see Ayato having an awesome looking power-up and you think there would be another good fight scene but no, first we see him taking out what seems to be the entire army in a split second just to have another conversation and then we finally get to see a fight which was just glorious and executed well.
Thene we get another cute scene with Ayato and Julis that could be the ending to a lot of shows on its own. Also Claudia is just savage and straight up stabs a dude then, finally, we get to see what could be the main villains for this season!
Oct 24, 2015 7:25 AM

Jul 2015
An OK episode. Action scenes were decent, but thats it. It didn't progress much at the plot.

I'm still waiting for a better development. Julis told last ep it needs to fight for the money even if it is a princess. I would like to get a better explanation about the system of the Asterisk world.

I will give 4/5 for this ep.
Oct 24, 2015 7:26 AM
Aug 2012
Well that was pretty well done and they also didn't cut much of Ayato's characterization. Props to them for showing Ayato provoking Lester on purpose and also for showing his battle prowess. The action was well done and i also liked how they showed the "Nine-fanged Sword".

As for Ayato carrying Julis around, it was so that she wouldn't get targeted as she was injured but that should be obvious.

More important characters are going to be introduced next episode. Saya get some spotlight too so rejoice Saya-fans.

Tokoya said:
Individually, Julis and Ayato are absolute BEASTS but together, they're on a whole other level...That teamwork at the end was too great and I love how they got closer and are now a team :)

Then you will definitely enjoy the tournament fights.

Oct 24, 2015 7:33 AM

Sep 2014
HaXXspetten said:

Except it’s even worse

Haha. Made my fucking day.
Oct 24, 2015 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode. But at some point it felt like i was watching animated Star wars with all those lightsabers and shit. And there was even a music during the battle that seemed like it was from star wars too. Soooo... In overall Great episode, waiting for the next one :)
Oct 24, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2015
Great episode. Ayato's OP, fighting and carrying a girl at the same time, lol. Ayato x Julis all the way, loving her. That Claudia at the end though. More please.

Oct 24, 2015 7:47 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, that fight was fucking awesome.
Oct 24, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2013
This episode is so great. I really like the moment after the fight of Julis and Ayato. And the real story has just begun with the dark mysteries are coming.
Can't wait for the next episode.
ryanstrikeOct 24, 2015 8:00 AM
Oct 24, 2015 7:56 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode
Ayato and Julis make a good team, and the ship is otp XD
Some bad guys at the end making some evil plan
Oct 24, 2015 7:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Well that was pretty well done and they also didn't cut much of Ayato's characterization. Props to them for showing Ayato provoking Lester on purpose and also for showing his battle prowess. The action was well done and i also liked how they showed the "Nine-fanged Sword".

As for Ayato carrying Julis around, it was so that she wouldn't get targeted as she was injured but that should be obvious.

More important characters are going to be introduced next episode. Saya get some spotlight too so rejoice Saya-fans.

Tokoya said:

Then you will definitely enjoy the tournament fights.
My body is ready :DD
Oct 24, 2015 8:03 AM

Apr 2015
eslej said:
I would like to get a better explanation about the system of the Asterisk world.

They've already explained it pretty well actually. Six schools/organizations fighting for prestige based on the success of their students which nets them more students and more income (basically real world universities). Gladiator colosseum style battles called Festas for entertainment that put the students against each other (whether or not death is a possibility is hinted but not confirmed, though... who knows what kinds of wounds can heal in this universe). The students are fighting for dominance because if you win, you get any wish granted (e.g. for Julis, it's money for the orphanage). Ayato is obviously really powerful after this episode and got a scholarship to go to one of the Rikkas, possibly because his sister went to the same one and therefore they knew of her power... not sure.

It's not totally fleshed out with the small details (like the possibility of death perhaps), but it's definitely already solidified.
Oct 24, 2015 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Ayato And Julis work well together!
The episode was good
Oct 24, 2015 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Glad to see some actual action so far! That Silas guy was really creepy though.
That ending though, Claudia!! <333
Oct 24, 2015 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
AYATO x JULISSSSSS
fantastic episode with the action. pretty sure theyre conserving budget for the festa since it heavily relied on cutting. please bring on the phoenix tournament my body is ready. claudia being shady as fuck too
Oct 24, 2015 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
Babe in one arm and wielding a sword with the other! I couldn't stop swooning over Ayato this episode. Already shipping Julis x Ayato. Can't wait to see more of them together >_<
Oct 24, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2014
Silas was so over the top.

I like the MC. Ayato's not a wimp, and he can actually speak his mind without getting all flustered and tongue tied.

Of course, he'd have to have some weird flashback to interrupt his moment with Julis. Damn those sister shackles.
Oct 24, 2015 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good couple, almost as good as that other anime with red haired chick, but the harem tag troubles me
Oct 24, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Julis and Ayato's interaction sure are great. If we're gonna be getting more of those + teamwork and "Hime Dakkos" while he's fighting like that then I'm in for the tourneys :P

It's nice to see Julis was BA enough on her own but just having Ayato there made it go to another level.

I assume this is the end of vol1? Hopefully Julis will keep having a good amount of BA screen time and not just get shafted. Or become a damsel in distress type

Ayato is way more BA than I thought
Oct 24, 2015 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect the Claudia scene at the end to look so badass. +1 for that.

Best girl next week. Fight me.
Oct 24, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2013
Why doesn't he just put her down while he fights -_- ...

Also, Claudia looks like a badass at the end and boy, is she pissed/jealous.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 24, 2015 8:53 AM

Jan 2014
anakin skywalker vs droid army

EDIT: julis best girl
NakatoshiOct 24, 2015 9:17 AM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Oct 24, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
I like how casually he held her during the fight

"oh i do this on a daily basis"

looks like we're getting closer to the pheonix fiesta?
Oct 24, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
Jose07 said:
Why doesn't he just put her down while he fights -_- ...

In the LN he said to her than if he separate from her Silas will probability cowardly attack her...

Barion-Zara said:

I assume this is the end of vol1?

Yes it is
Oct 24, 2015 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
Really good action episode that leaves it open to many different things that we can go into in the next episode. Loved seeing how strong Ayato is but still showing some sort of weakness and then also showing more about his sister and more about Claudia and showing a new enemy as well.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMc71shLmrc&feature=youtu.be
Oct 24, 2015 9:25 AM
May 2014
Tokoya said:
I'm really interested as to why his sister binded his power though and holy fuck that ending with Claudia and those mysterious ladies O_O I need to know more pls!!!!!!

Me too.
In this episode his sister seems to be the direct (and only) cause of pain, so
she couldn't have cared much for him. Maybe she hates/d him?
konatachan80Oct 24, 2015 9:29 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 24, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty burgerwoodish episode, 1vs 100, super simple bad guy...
And that lighsaber sounds, lol.
Julis can be cute too.
Ugly CG robots.
rsc-plOct 24, 2015 9:41 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 24, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
konatachan80 said:

Me too.

What you said its very funny...

Oct 24, 2015 9:40 AM
May 2014
Kyruga said:
konatachan80 said:

Me too.

What you said its very funny...

Well, it is sort of the logical conclusion considering what she did to him still causes him pain.
Alot of people can do just about anything to someone else with a smile.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 24, 2015 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Ok episode. I don't really like how he decided to protect Julis, a girl he's only known for about TWO days. Well I'll get used to it.
Oct 24, 2015 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
In the episode one opening scene, it seemed like Ayato's sister had been chained/locked as well. Wonder if their father/someone else locked her because the power was too great if she fell into the wrong hands and therefore she had to lock Ayato's power as well.
Oct 24, 2015 9:52 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't expect Kirin to be ranked number one in the school. There's also more to Claudia and Yabuki than we know of yet.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 24, 2015 10:00 AM

Mar 2008
I do wonder about Ayato's sister. I mean the first thought was that there is something self-destructive about his powers and limiting his activity is for his own sake. But you could also say it's possible that she was envious of how powerful her younger brother was and kind of limited him for that reason. Though I do think it was more for his sake, so that he might not lose himself or something.

And while Ayato carrying Julis around was badass, it did make sense to me. Rather than leaving her in a condition that she couldn't move around easily, better to keep her close. That way he can just pay attention to the attacks and not have to look out for sneak attacks. Helped as well at the end since she could just slap those fire wings on him and go after Salis.

A fun episode. Ayato going all Jedi on the 'droids' XD. But really I liked the Julis and Ayato moments there. Small bits where both reacted in an over the top way, but the other person always balanced that out and they had a good chat on the roof. Hope to see more of them even though there will be attention given to the other female characters along the way.
Oct 24, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2015

Ayato came just in time to save his damsel in distress. Pretty cool fight.

Claudia looked slightly evil there. Wonder if she's up to something.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2015 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
The action was okay, but it would have been great if it was actually ANIMATED :(
It was skipping through the sakuga, and just showing the end result :(

Claudia looking badass :O
Looks like the robot things at the end each are desgined to have Claudia's data (

Oct 24, 2015 10:12 AM
May 2014
FlareKnight said:
I do wonder about Ayato's sister. I mean the first thought was that there is something self-destructive about his powers and limiting his activity is for his own sake. But you could also say it's possible that she was envious of how powerful her younger brother was and kind of limited him for that reason. Though I do think it was more for his sake, so that he might not lose himself or something.

If she really did believe that, then she must've preferred him to be killed or whatnot..whether he was losing himself or not.

I mean, intentionally weakening him would potentially make him prey to weaker
enemies. Enemies he otherwise could've dealt with himself.
-- Lord fifth
Oct 24, 2015 10:19 AM

Mar 2008
konatachan80 said:
If she really did believe that, then she must've preferred him to be killed or whatnot..whether he was losing himself or not.

Well no one ever said she was the smartest sister in the world :).

Plus, Ayato knows his limitations. If he puts himself into a situation and fights past his known limits that's also partly on him for being reckless. After all if his power is dangerous to himself then are you saying she should have preferred he kill himself by over using his power? Your argument works the other way as well. So long as we don't know about Ayato's power or why his sister did what she did.
Oct 24, 2015 10:21 AM

Sep 2015
konatachan80 said:
FlareKnight said:

I don´t think Ayatos sister wants him to be killed, for example her saying that she will always protect him might give a hint that she only wants to help him so your theory with his powers being self-destructive is plausible.
Also when she "dies"(idk if she actually does) she apologizes to Ayato when she realises that she is no longer able to protect him.
On the other hand the sword he used, which also tried to kill him, did previously belong to his sister.
Oct 24, 2015 10:23 AM
Aug 2012
konatachan80 said:

She did came to to Asterisk to fulfill her wish........something she wasn't able to achieve sadly (going by the opening scene and more coming up later). It's still a mystery though.............

GileonFletcher said:
In the episode one opening scene, it seemed like Ayato's sister had been chained/locked as well. Wonder if their father/someone else locked her because the power was too great if she fell into the wrong hands and therefore she had to lock Ayato's power as well.

It was her power.......no one else can use it.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

202 by Dennywibu »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

116 by POLYTRON2K »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

324 by animegamerrose »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

180 by Gutzdeep42 »»
May 29, 2023 5:17 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

122 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.