Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, the OP song has style to it but not impressive to me.

Ootori shared some of her vulnerable side this episode.
However, I think the episode's action was decent on most parts along with the OSt. Lapis also throws some cryptic messages this episode. Takeru has some guts this episode, taking on an enemy he has no experience in fighting. Quite brave though.

Oct 14, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
Dat gumdam Kirei, dat Lapis, dat OST #DEAD
Oct 14, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
i just hope its good, havent watched it yet.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 14, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2010
So in short he turns into a power ranger and becomes invincible.
So the mention that Otori has similar OP powers but she doesn't want to use them.
It's clear where this is going.
Oct 14, 2015 11:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Here's the OP...Probably my least favorite of the three similar series but I like the visuals

Oct 14, 2015 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
Totally disappointed. Everything moving extremely fast, a supposed to be 2 or 3 episodes pack in one. Some small details here and there are left out.

But animation quality is not bad at all, op is good also.

To sum it up, im watching a fast foward x2 movie lol
Oct 14, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
valvravetruth said:
Totally disappointed. Everything moving extremely fast, a supposed to be 2 or 3 episodes pack in one. Some small details here and there are left out.

But animation quality is not bad at all, op is good also.

To sum it up, im watching a fast foward x2 movie lol

the novels are somewhat fast like this too, but this isnt really an extreme power up or anything. but im sure they cut out some stuff in between.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 14, 2015 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
Aversa said:
So in short he turns into a power ranger and becomes invincible.
So the mention that Otori has similar OP powers but she doesn't want to use them.
It's clear where this is going.

Really, outside gaining the more or less the same type powers a standard inquisitor does like Ouka where is this going exactly? This isn't like a power up since it's just specialized equipment designed to battle witches so he's not really that special (which you will see later on) and lol about him being invincible.
Iron_MawOct 14, 2015 2:40 PM
Oct 14, 2015 2:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Didn't like the OP much. I do agree that the pacing is way to fast. I do like the BGM and action scenes! This anime still makin me say WTF is going on though :(

3/5
GoldenDevilGamerOct 17, 2015 6:46 PM
Oct 14, 2015 3:33 PM
Oct 2014
Hey guys/girls, what's up? I'm thinking about watching this anime, but I need to know something, is it ecchi or just 'fanservice'? Thanks for your help.
Oct 14, 2015 3:39 PM

Nov 2014
Soo much happened in this episode, really entertaining indeed, the last minutes were packed with action. The CGI was so-so, it didn't bothered to me in absolute.

Also, i am start liking the characters, they're growing slowly.

PD: That engrish killed me
Oct 14, 2015 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
Magg379 said:
Hey guys/girls, what's up? I'm thinking about watching this anime, but I need to know something, is it ecchi or just 'fanservice'? Thanks for your help.

theres barely any fanservice in the light novels tbh

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 14, 2015 8:12 PM

Apr 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Witch Hunter Mode in CG? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

And the OP is fucking horrible jesus...

Silver Link don't make me lose hope.
Oct 14, 2015 8:48 PM

Aug 2014
hoopla123 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ehh the armor doesnt look bad imo. its just the fact that it covers his head and its not supposed to that bothers me. i already knew the opening was afilia saga to bein with, so i didnt really have high hopes to begin with. at least this song sounds better than most of their other songs. i still have hope for this anime, this episode was pretty decent, its just that they kept cutting out scenes.

well at least we got to see haunted in action :v one of the best characters tbh

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 14, 2015 9:39 PM

Apr 2013
ShuukaAAT said:
hoopla123 said:

ehh the armor doesnt look bad imo. its just the fact that it covers his head and its not supposed to that bothers me. i already knew the opening was afilia saga to bein with, so i didnt really have high hopes to begin with. at least this song sounds better than most of their other songs. i still have hope for this anime, this episode was pretty decent, its just that they kept cutting out scenes.

well at least we got to see haunted in action :v one of the best characters tbh

I like the song, but the OP itself was so goddamn lackluster...

I'll post more once I watch the episode in sub.
Oct 15, 2015 1:30 AM

Apr 2009
@Shuuka i think this 35 Shoutai anime is getting better than Hidan no Aria AA for now and still i'm gonna watch this for Mari-chan :3
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 15, 2015 3:29 AM
Oct 2014
ShuukaAAT said:
Magg379 said:

theres barely any fanservice in the light novels tbh

I have read different opinions about this anime, that's why I asked. Well, gonna watch it, thanks for your comment.
Oct 15, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
Expositions in this series are terrible. I'm not event talking about the usual forced lines pulled out of someone's ass that have no place in any conversation. It's the scenes when the annoying orange head comes into the room, everyone spouts one or two sentences out of nowhere and she immediately leaves. What the hell is point of that? Who does something like that... Why is she coming there in the first place if she has nothing to communicate and no intention to stay...

With all that happened later in the episode, with that garbage BGM, lousy VA and bad transitions, it's even worse than Kusen. Holly crap, it's actually worse. I'm not sure if it even can be the "so bad it's funny" kind of train wreck. So far it was "so bad it makes you miss the pointless fanserivce"...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 15, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
So after watching this episode..

Man, way too rushed. I just hope the other arcs/volumes aren't this rushed...

And I really like
in the OP.

CG was meh and I really hope they don't CG
Oct 15, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2014
hoopla123 said:
So after watching this episode..

Man, way too rushed. I just hope the other arcs/volumes aren't this rushed...

And I really like
in the OP.

CG was meh and I really hope they don't CG

thats doesnt look like something theyd do CG on, not like the armor at least.
Antanaru said:
Expositions in this series are terrible. I'm not event talking about the usual forced lines pulled out of someone's ass that have no place in any conversation. It's the scenes when the annoying orange head comes into the room, everyone spouts one or two sentences out of nowhere and she immediately leaves. What the hell is point of that? Who does something like that... Why is she coming there in the first place if she has nothing to communicate and no intention to stay...

With all that happened later in the episode, with that garbage BGM, lousy VA and bad transitions, it's even worse than Kusen. Holly crap, it's actually worse. I'm not sure if it even can be the "so bad it's funny" kind of train wreck. So far it was "so bad it makes you miss the pointless fanserivce"...

reason this is like this is because they are rushing and skipping some development scenes. dont expect any fanservice anytime soon at all. tbh antimagic is the best harem light novels there are....they also are skipping explaining takeru's powers too.... i can tell you rn, no anime adaptions can be worst than kuusen's and absolute duo's....they also did the armor wrong, it isnt supposed to cover his head. but, eh, im still enjoying the fuck out of it even if they arent adapting on spot. its what they get for doing 9 volumes in 2 cours....shouldve been 4 cour imo.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADOct 15, 2015 2:51 PM

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was a significant improvement on last week's lame excuse of an episode. Sure, it was kinda rushed (this from someone who's not read the novels) but it did a good job and has definitely got me more intrigued about the actual plot. More focus on that and less on fanservice and I'll be very happy. As for the suit being CG, having watched Garo I can't really bring myself to dislike the CG here by comparison.

Also, the OP is so generic and dull.
Oct 15, 2015 12:11 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
They rearranged some scenes which is okay in my books but man the pacing was so fast in the first half.... They missed out some things too sadly

The battle was freaking amazing though and the CGI didn't look bad at all.....I'm interested in learning more about these Relic things too because I'm very intrigued by them

Based Haunted ftw lol but its a shame that the anime left out most of the reasons as to why he is doso awesome yet so menancing
TokoyaOct 15, 2015 12:15 PM
Oct 15, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Well, that was a significant improvement on last week's lame excuse of an episode. Sure, it was kinda rushed (this from someone who's not read the novels) but it did a good job and has definitely got me more intrigued about the actual plot. More focus on that and less on fanservice and I'll be very happy. As for the suit being CG, having watched Garo I can't really bring myself to dislike the CG here by comparison.

Also, the OP is so generic and dull.

imo, this opening clearly doesnt fit this series. but yeah expect less fanservice, that isnt what this series focuses on at all. the light novels are known for having great fights. imo the cg was pretty decent. nowhere near as bad as the cg dragon that chaos dragon had.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 12:12 PM
Feb 2015
Lots of nice action but felt kind of fast and rushed. I thought the armor looked pretty badass. The mc is actually pretty cool compared to other mc's of other harem ecchi anime.
I just hope we get more action and more story telling.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 15, 2015 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
It is true that this episode wasn't very interesting , but at least it's enjoyable to me.
The action was pretty good too.
and what's up with the rating though?

OP and ED was very good to me.
Hope for more action scene that is better than this one
Oct 15, 2015 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
I really liked the fast pace of this Episode, I don´t really need 5 Episodes of world building
if the characters are enough to keep me interested.
The fight scenes are executed very well, even though the CG feels weird at times.
Oct 15, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2012
Acridine said:
I really liked the fast pace of this Episode, I don´t really need 5 Episodes of world building
The fight scenes are executed very well, even though the CG feels weird at times.

this ^
also , the naming is pretty good, yamata-no-orochi! .. like it !
Oct 15, 2015 12:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was almost hilarious how much better this was than the first episode. You see that? You see what happens when you skip the cringeworthy out of place fanservice and just focus one thing at a time? It's like night and day in comparison lol
Oct 15, 2015 12:55 PM
Jun 2014
Such magic words ..pff

Who killed cook robin ?
I killed cook robin...

WTF :))
Oct 15, 2015 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
Am I the only one who thought the animation was a bit clunky especially when red haired girl was running? This series hasn't grabbed me yet, it seemed rushed and the world set up is not well explained.

Hope it will improve but very 'Meh' at the moment.
Oct 15, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
That was almost hilarious how much better this was than the first episode. You see that? You see what happens when you skip the cringeworthy out of place fanservice and just focus one thing at a time? It's like night and day in comparison lol

there will be barely any fanservice in this anyways. as i kept saying, this will be the best out of the fantasy anime this season.
Crashmatt said:
Am I the only one who thought the animation was a bit clunky especially when red haired girl was running? This series hasn't grabbed me yet, it seemed rushed and the world set up is not well explained.

Hope it will improve but very 'Meh' at the moment.

they keep skipping explanations for so,e reason, even though it was explained in the novels :v

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADOct 15, 2015 2:52 PM

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 1:06 PM
Dec 2011
This is a poor adaptation. The pacing is terrible, everything is rushed, and no scene is given time to breathe. Some of the transitions are even jarring.
Oct 15, 2015 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Takeru is equipped in knight armor when he signed a contract with Lapis. I can't wait to see more information on Lapis.
Oct 15, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2013
I'm already finding myself rooting for the terrorists, considering our "heroes" work for a secret police that arbitrarily persecutes people for being different and punishes murdering suspects with sending the culprit back to school.

Oct 15, 2015 1:16 PM

Dec 2010
Excellent episode..5/5..SUPERB ACTION..but ANIMATION, but did feel choppy in two or three moments..who cares whether it was rushed or not(i do feel it was rushed..it did bother me in the 1st episode but not in this one)..TO me op(backgroud average but song itself is superb) and ending are great...I really hope that they make 3 episodes out of the next volume..It will be for the better i think..otherwise i don't think rating is gonna up..they have to slow down the pace in the next 3 episodes and let us enjoy the anime more..adding a little bit of romance and avoiding too much fan service are also the key..
JsmithmimOct 15, 2015 1:41 PM
Mim
Oct 15, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode....
Action was really good, but I don't really like his armor that much...
Oct 15, 2015 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
I have never read the novels/manga but I can tell this was rushed as shit. I try not to say anything bad about the MC's but god this one I hate and kinda like at the same time. I hate that when ever someone talks shit to him, like his teammate ouka, he lets her. I like that he can let go of his humanity in order to do what's 'right'.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 15, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
Am I missing something? Why does he care about Ohtori so bad? They barely know each other. Why would you give up your humanity for a girl you only met an episode ago????

I also can't take the name "hallmark magic" seriously. It just makes me think of greeting cards.

Is there some significance to the usage of Who Killed Cock Robin as some sort of magic activation? Cause if there is I'll bother to fetch it off my bookshelf and refresh my memory of exactly what the lines are.
Oct 15, 2015 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
A good improvement on the first episode. It still felt a bit fast paced, but not to the point of it being rushed though.

Although a bit choppy here and there, the animation remains strong, and the CGI fight was pretty good too.

At least now Ohtori is now accepting him on decent terms. whether she can get along with the rest of the platoon remains to be seen...
Oct 15, 2015 1:41 PM
Jan 2008
A little too much Iron-Man vibes here.

I can't get enough of Kanako Itou singing the ED. Can't wait for for the full version.
Oct 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Man what's up with Arthur? Hella slow when Kusanagi didn't have powers but super fast and agile when he got them. This is the kind of shit that ruins episodes for me.
Oct 15, 2015 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
Good OP, I like it.
The episode was pretty good, even if it was a bit fast. The animation was actually pretty good except for the CG.
Oct 15, 2015 2:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Liked it much more than the first episode.
Oct 15, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
OP was bit boring but I'm happy it wasn't filled with spoilers at least like some openings. Shame we didn't get to see how sick and twisted Haunted is.

Was "Hallmark Magic" a sub error or something because that really threw me off? Wasn't it supposed to be "Intristic Magic"?
Oct 15, 2015 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
Acridine said:
She said Cock
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2015 2:07 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ohtori's battle efforts were admirable but no matter how hard she tried, it was virtually impossible for her to take that Einherjer down, even if Vlad was an exclusive weapon to her. Simply put, she was forbidden to take the job of the harem lead, and it had to be none other than Takeru who'd triumph at the end of the day.

After he donned J.A.R.V.I.S Lapis' given armor, the battle was pretty much over. I like how Takeru held himself back from saying cliche lines like "Revenge is futile" but balanced it out by saying something cliche like "Let me carry half of your burden." Well done there.~

Oct 15, 2015 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
LOL cock robin XD
Since lapiz said a lance and sword maybe he's get a lance too :P

An ancient knight is now no match for the modern day Inquisitors.
A good way to show how much the difference is between the ages.
Oct 15, 2015 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
Rushed anime, Nope Dropped. There are far better anime currently airing than to waste time trying to struggle through this anime.

I don't know how you guys do it.
Oct 15, 2015 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
Vindstot said:
Ohtori's battle efforts were admirable but no matter how hard she tried, it was virtually impossible for her to take that Einherjer down, even if Vlad was an exclusive weapon to her. Simply put, she was forbidden to take the job of the harem lead, and it had to be none other than Takeru who'd triumph at the end of the day.

After he donned J.A.R.V.I.S Lapis' given armor, the battle was pretty much over. I like how Takeru held himself back from saying cliche lines like "Revenge is futile" but balanced it out by saying something cliche like "Let me carry half of your burden." Well done there.~

She was held back because Sougestsu stopped her from using her relic eater as he controls every single one handed out by the inquisition. And he stopped her from using the relic eater so that Takeru can contract with Lapis.

As for why Sougetsu wants Takeru to pair up with Lapis is a huge spoiler so I won't get into that.
Oct 15, 2015 2:25 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That Cock Robin part was cringeworthy af
and that moment when he says ''i won't give you the cliché line about nothing good coming from revenge.'' ''In return, let me carry half your burden''
I just thought ''Dude, that was fuckin cliché too, jesus christ.''

Beside these 2 point, it was definitly better than the first episode, but still not that great.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.