Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 13, 2015 11:08 PM
Aug 2012
Reload said:
ShuukaAAT said:
this isnt based off the manga, and the manga is a crappy adaption of the light novels. its already confirmed for 9 volumes in most likely a split cour. and plus, its not really rushing since the volumes are short. its like 2.5-3 chapters per episode. the reason nothing is explained is because things are explained in takerus head. i dont even know where your coming from that action scenes were changed....next to nothing was changed, lol.

Remember, I'm comparing to the manga. The sniping in the manga wasn't two dummies, but to police officers on the opposite side of the building. The Dragoon didn't magically appear, but was already in position. The cause of Takeru falling on Ouka was different. After Ouka saves Takeru from the trap door, the culprits didn't just jump out of nowhere, they tried to get away in a vehicle. Also, the victims weren't censored. If they're following the LN and your saying the action scenes weren't changed, then I can see why the manga didn't meet your expectations. So, I'll take back what I said about reading the manga, but I would've liked to have seen what happened in between Takeru chasing after Ouka because she was injured and them suddenly investigating a crime scene. At least the manga includes it along with Takeru's thoughts. I don't know about the LN, but I'm hoping your not saying it skips it as well. Sure, it's not that important, but it was a scene that gave a bit more info on the investigation and allowed Takeru to get a little closer to Ouka.

To be honest, the manga wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be...........it kept the events of the LN so you can get a general idea but added pointless and unnecessary fanservice that wasn't in the source material. It can turn some people off or give wrong impressions, i was annoyed while reading it at first too. The manga also shortened the final battle scene though so i hope we can see it animated fully in the next episode.

Overall the first episode was rushed but it wasn't too bad, but keeping a few important events and dialogues while cutting the boobgrab scene would have helped. So as usual i would suggest reading the LN if you are interested but that's entirely up to you decision.

Oct 13, 2015 11:14 PM

Dec 2011
Really liking Ohtori's seiyuu. Will keep watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2015 12:07 AM

Feb 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
...it kept the events of the LN so you can get a general idea but added pointless and unnecessary fanservice that wasn't in the source material. It can turn some people off or give wrong impressions, i was annoyed while reading it at first too. The manga also shortened the final battle scene though so i hope we can see it animated fully in the next episode.

Overall the first episode was rushed but it wasn't too bad, but keeping a few important events and dialogues while cutting the boobgrab scene would have helped. So as usual i would suggest reading the LN if you are interested but that's entirely up to you decision.

I'd agree when it comes to the fanservice. I ignore it whenever I'm watching or reading something, so I pay more attention to the story and mainly judge its quality based on that. I'm sure I'd be annoyed as well if they intentionally added it to the source material. So, thanks for telling me why it's hated by so many. I'm glad there will be more story to look forward to. I probably won't notice anymore skipped scenes since the manga chose not to go as far as the LN. So, I'll definitely get more enjoyment out of it.

@ShuukaAAT: An opinion without reason isn't all that convincing. I don't know if you mentioned your reason on an earlier comment; but if not, not everyone is going to take your word for it. I'm sure the majority of the LN reads didn't like the manga adaptation, but there are the few who did. I'd probably agree with you if I had read the LN first. Call it luck or bad luck considering I'm noticing the scenes they skipped in the anime adaptation.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 14, 2015 4:51 AM

Aug 2014
Reload said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
...it kept the events of the LN so you can get a general idea but added pointless and unnecessary fanservice that wasn't in the source material. It can turn some people off or give wrong impressions, i was annoyed while reading it at first too. The manga also shortened the final battle scene though so i hope we can see it animated fully in the next episode.

I'd agree when it comes to the fanservice. I ignore it whenever I'm watching or reading something, so I pay more attention to the story and mainly judge its quality based on that. I'm sure I'd be annoyed as well if they intentionally added it to the source material. So, thanks for telling me why it's hated by so many. I'm glad there will be more story to look forward to. I probably won't notice anymore skipped scenes since the manga chose not to go as far as the LN. So, I'll definitely get more enjoyment out of it.

@ShuukaAAT: An opinion without reason isn't all that convincing. I don't know if you mentioned your reason on an earlier comment; but if not, not everyone is going to take your word for it. I'm sure the majority of the LN reads didn't like the manga adaptation, but there are the few who did. I'd probably agree with you if I had read the LN first. Call it luck or bad luck considering I'm noticing the scenes they skipped in the anime adaptation.

yes i noticed thet skipped some scenes of developement, but i guess its so they can get through the whole 9 volumes in 2 cours.

the manga was pretty bad to begin with....the art was weird, and it added unneeded fanservice which pissed me off. most of the LN readers dont like the adaption at all.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
Did they make manga just for selling out light novels?
That's when he obtained that new power, ranger stuffs is more useful and easy since you need real skilled to be able to handled Sword against magic & guns.
Even mock him for that but you will see our MC saved the world.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 15, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
ShuukaAAT said:
Jose07 said:
Idk... it has the same shit where the MC wants to be their friend or comrade no matter what and or how evil they are... the dark past... and a lot more cliche shit... idk. I want to like it but the one that hits the spot is the "I want to be your friend no matter what" shit makes me mad and not like it. I'll see if it gets better or not throughout the series.

thye never even said anything about "i want to be your friend no matter what"..... this anime is dark for a reason....just wait till they get to v5

@ShuukaAAT and @phantom346

I believe I wrote the last part wrong. I meant to say that the one that hits the spot is "I'll be your comrade no matter what". Don't get me wrong, I am still going to watch it but I dislike that shit. So we'll see if it actually gets better or not.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 15, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
Jose07 said:
ShuukaAAT said:

thye never even said anything about "i want to be your friend no matter what"..... this anime is dark for a reason....just wait till they get to v5

@ShuukaAAT and @phantom346

I believe I wrote the last part wrong. I meant to say that the one that hits the spot is "I'll be your comrade no matter what". Don't get me wrong, I am still going to watch it but I dislike that shit. So we'll see if it actually gets better or not.

ehh its different from what you say

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
ShuukaAAT said:

You're right, that's why I corrected myself in a way.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
Jose07 said:
ShuukaAAT said:

You're right, that's why I corrected myself in a way.

its more like "ill shoulder half of your burden"

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 15, 2015 7:08 PM

Jun 2015
[size=90]/haruhi feels

Oct 16, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2009
tsk.. that cliche fanservice scene.
dropped.
Oct 16, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
cyoko said:
tsk.. that cliche fanservice scene.
dropped.

v1 is crap, gets a lot better.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 21, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2009
I like the premise of catching witches and stuff and the beginning part was pretty interesting, but I feel like this episode was super rushed. The first mission failing, OK, I get that, and Ohtori saying what everybody had to improve on was good. Except then, how'd we get from Takeru chasing after her with her arm hurt to another mission? Not to mention her spilling out about her family getting killed and then Takeru saying that "oh don't worry we can become friends" ... yeah. Kind of cliched and not to mention that fall boob grab XD
Takeru seems interesting at least. He clearly knows how to use that sword, and that siscon thing ... haha, she's got you there! :P I would've liked to see a bit more of the other characters - Usagi and the other girl were pretty funny. Ah well, I'm hoping the next episode is better :O
ED was all right, not really my style but transitioned well from the episode IMO
Oct 21, 2015 9:37 PM

Jan 2014
That was... pretty lame.

None of the characters seem interesting at all and it feels like a clone of everything bad about this genre. Well, at least the other two are trying to have interesting characters but this one just feels dead. OP is crap too.

Not gonna waste my time here. Drop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2015 1:27 AM

Apr 2011
Whenever Takeru talks it always reminds me of Akatsuki Kojou in StB because of the same voice actor.
Oct 22, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Kawaii as fuck Usagi-chawn!
Oct 25, 2015 11:23 AM

Feb 2013
Another school-action-harem.

I rather enjoyed that everyone has a poor attitude.
Oct 27, 2015 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
Not good, but very enjoyable, and the main character is not a complete tool. They should have given this series a different title though:

"Lighter than Black"
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 29, 2015 5:03 AM

Jun 2015
Mechas?? Oh s**t i hate mechas :(
Oct 29, 2015 9:39 AM

Aug 2014
TheVictor9634 said:
Mechas?? Oh s**t i hate mechas :(

not mechas; dragoons.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 29, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
Laionidas said:
Not good, but very enjoyable, and the main character is not a complete tool. They should have given this series a different title though:

"Lighter than Black"

just wait till v5 comes around >.>

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 31, 2015 8:08 AM

Apr 2014
Okay, The story was indeed not generic and it's a good one.
The animation and the character designs are also good.
The ED song with it's animation was good too.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 12, 2015 3:25 PM

Aug 2011
The first minute of this show was an amazing hook for me but the rest of the ep was so-so. I was most impressed with the soundtrack, the beats were killer in this show. Hoping I'm in for a wild ride as the plot progresses.
Nov 17, 2015 12:19 AM

Jun 2014
First episode of horrid cliches and overused tropes. Then suddenly gore.
This episode is a mess and I barely got through it. Please tell me it gets better?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 19, 2015 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
Nonononono boob touch. Couldn't they think at least about something more creative?...
And I thought that Silverlink pushed all thier budget to this show since Shomin Sample looks like a shit.... But this show is not looking that great as I thought (yeah, I still have Non Non Biyori on my mind...)
Ariak said:
:/ Doesn't look too good. Definitely better than a lot of ecchi shows, but still...

Well, nope. You didn't see many ecchi shows right? After first episode I can say that it was rather worse than average ecchi show.
And that 'dragon' mecha, wtf? I don't know why, but it reminded me about Rail Wars, similar setting if it comes to characters
Ok time to see what's next. I hope that it will get better.
rsc-plNov 19, 2015 1:56 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 5, 2015 1:20 AM

Dec 2012
Nice PL(.)T

Dec 14, 2015 2:26 AM

Aug 2013
The character designs and animation were not bad.
Well done SilverLink.. quite rushed and packed though.
I look forward for the action.. story wise not much expectation.
It's too hard to adapt everything into aniimation.
The beginning short preview was good.
Nice op and ed too.
Jan 8, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2011
hoopla123 said:
So they are rushing through volume 1 huh.
Shuuka said:
it wasnt rushed imo, they adapted it just fine.
So which one is it? I haven't read the light novel but I thought that it was pretty rushed, if it's also that way in the light novel. The sudden outburst by the end of the episode caught me off guard, but that's not what's surprising. What surprised me was how fast and easily Ouka recover from her emotional turmoil. It was just an odd scene.

Otherwise, like someone has mentioned, the dynamic between the main cast is fun to follow. Hoping to get to know more about Takeru sometime in the future.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Now I see why people hate on the manga, which I thought was not bad at all based off my memory compared to the first episode.
ToG25thBaamJan 8, 2016 12:30 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 19, 2016 1:10 AM

Jul 2012
It was pretty boring. I'm not very into it yet. Everything about it is generic.

Kanako Ito ED was A+
Jan 9, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
Hosoya!!!!

Racist focks.

DAT RECORDING! DAT ASS! OPPAI!

RYOKO!!!!

Takeru must not settle for less than a harem.

Serious chick is here.

Racist dude: End your sentences with "gozaru", like a samurai!

I admit. I laughed at that you racist fock.

Takeru is badass.

"Onii-chan"

WTF? Siscon?

Metal Gear!

I knew that slip, fall, oppai grab was going to happen.

All those dead bodies.

Kanako does it again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 11, 2017 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
Wow loving that ed song!

First episode was pretty good as well.
May 18, 2017 2:02 PM

May 2015
She dodged bullets but can't dodge the awkward him 14:38 XD
Nov 24, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
not bad & not worse then the previous harem i just watched before this most are piratically same some just have more & some less ecchi in it mostly same
Jan 9, 2019 12:33 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
GREAT ACTION AND KICKING ASS LOL MALE IS GOOD FIGHTER AND CAPTAIN !!!! REAL DANGER TOO, JUST WHAT I NEED
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Nov 2013
She should make up her mind, does she want him to act as the team leader or not. Though her criticism was justified.

But she needs more discipline.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 1, 2020 5:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't know why but I love MC's personnality
Apr 16, 2021 8:04 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Meh start, was expecting the MC to be a bit better than that, what a lame ass.
Was getting all worked up, being his potential out, to suddenly having to be saved from those thugs, by a generic female MC you see all the time in this kind of shows.

Had hopes he would be a bit less retarded, but oh well, looking forward to Lapis mostly.

6/10
Oct 23, 2021 1:19 AM

May 2020
Action was fine but, just kinda feel weird in the first episode. Characters are cute and way much too boing.
Aug 5, 2022 12:26 PM
Mar 2022
Don't ever underestimate a japanese samurai. Takeru split a bullet in half with his katana and would of killed them all, if it wasn't for his subordinate imitating his little sister's voice. Looks like we got a siscon Mc...
Nov 14, 2023 9:24 PM

Dec 2022
Takeru should stop barging into rooms on every mission.

Seems alright so far, at least, thanks to how dynamic the characters are.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.